Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

They just revealed the CMF, lol. Finally.

About time! :laugh: Maybe DA will be finally announced this week too?

59 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Besides, there‘s another big issue: which minifigs would they include? The remaining shops have no on-screen characters associated with them, so a bunch of Harrys, Rons snd Hermiones? 

First of all it should be possible to include civilian minifigs in HP like a random witch or wizard shop-owner (most other themes do that when they need a civilian right?)
Second where did they get the founder minifigs from in the first D2C, they where not in the films right :sceptic:
Third we have plenty of students and other minor characters that could go shopping :wink:
Forth if they must be in the films there is more potential minifigs in this one clip than they could ever use (I wonder if any of them show up in the DA, would not surprise me) :tongue:

This reveal is almost comically underwhelming, considering everything we've seen (and bought) and even official-ish outlets like Brickset had already published images of the minifigs.

This also throws the theory out the window that they were waiting to reveal DA and the CMF at the same time. They had no reason to wait this long ?

1 minute ago, YetiZombie said:

This also throws the theory out the window that they were waiting to reveal DA and the CMF at the same time. They had no reason to wait this long ?

Maybe the CMF on Monday is an introduction for the HP Lego week, meaning that we will get to finally see DA this week. (I am so excited!) 

Personally I’m putting money on Friday, teaser Wednesday. Very weird that they didn’t drop the Diagon Alley and CMF reveals together imo.

Where have they revealed them? Nothing up at the fan media yet as far as I can see? Still a tiny hope for a big bang in 30 min or maybe a teaser at least :shrug_oh_well:

'Attention witches, wizards, and Muggles alike! The new Harry Potter Minifigures are here!' ... Err yeah you don't say :facepalm:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Where have they revealed them? Nothing up at the fan media yet as far as I can see? Still a tiny hope for a big bang in 30 min or maybe a teaser at least :shrug_oh_well:

There's a post on Instagram and Facebook.

Edited by BacktoBricks

9 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

First of all it should be possible to include civilian minifigs in HP like a random witch or wizard shop-owner (most other themes do that when they need a civilian right?)
[...]
Third we have plenty of students and other minor characters that could go shopping :wink:

Not exactly the most convincing selling points :tongue: The fact no recognisable characters have any relation to any of the stores is a bit of a problem, plus we never see the interiors. The Daily Prophet office at least has the potential of including Rita Skeeter (even though she‘s never seen there on-screen, but still, it would make sense). If she‘s in the set, that‘s reason enough to justify its inclusion. The real mystery is Scribbulus, why that one instead of EOE? 

2 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Personally I’m putting money on Friday, teaser Wednesday. Very weird that they didn’t drop the Diagon Alley and CMF reveals together imo.

Or maybe it‘s an October release after all in which case it would make sense to separate the reveals *ducks and covers* 

...man I hope I‘m wrong 

I wonder if any of this has to do with getting sets (both CMF (less likely) and DA) shipped out to reviewers and giving them time to build and review so that they can run concurrent with reveal.  I seem to recall this being done in the past but can't put my finger on particular releases. 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Or maybe it‘s an October release after all in which case it would make sense to separate the reveals *ducks and covers* 

...man I hope I‘m wrong 

We're going to have to get the pitchforks out again. :devil:

I'm fine with them revealing them separately ... Just so long as they reveal DA soon. :wall:

Its funny how the long awaited CMF reveal ended up being a dissapointment because we were waiting for the D2C reveal today 

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Daily Prophet office at least has the potential of including Rita Skeeter (even though she‘s never seen there on-screen, but still, it would make sense). If she‘s in the set, that‘s reason enough to justify its inclusion. The real mystery is Scribbulus, why that one instead of EOE? 

My theory is that we aren’t actually getting a Daily Prophet office - just the door / facade. Scribulus gives Rita Skeeter a place to purchase her Quick Quotes Quills and all her other colorful writing implements that are mentioned in GOF.

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

'Attention witches, wizards, and Muggles alike! The new Harry Potter Minifigures are here!' ... Err yeah you don't say :facepalm:

There's a post on Instagram and Facebook.

Still strange that the fan media is not on board yet, maybe they are waiting for a deadline :sceptic: If they where not, then they just could publish it right since Lego already have.. Seems like something is holding them back maybe the DA :shrug_oh_well:

It just feels like such an unnecessary reveal at this point. Obviously they still need to make it official but normally at least it feels like we get proper high quality images for the first time when they do.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

My theory is that we aren’t actually getting a Daily Prophet office - just the door / facade.

This was pretty much confirmed by the description, no? It lists all the shops and specifically says "Daily Prophet entrance".

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Scribulus gives Rita Skeeter a place to purchase her Quick Quotes Quills and all her other colorful writing implements that are mentioned in GOF.

I do not buy it, is not e.g. the shop where Harry got Hedwig a better reason to include a shop than that :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Still strange that the fan media is not on board yet, maybe they are waiting for a deadline :sceptic: If they where not, then they just could publish it right since Lego already have..

Maybe it would just be embarrassing at this point to have a 'reveal' article. :head_back: Or they feel they don't need to because half of them have already posted about them anyway. Even Brickset who are particularly cautious wrote about them as they could be bought in Romania at that point.

I love that most of the comments on Lego's Instagram reveal are along the lines of 'Yeah we already know about the CMF' or 'Reveal Diagon Alley!' See Lego we all know DA is coming so just get on and show us. Pretty please!

Don’t get me wrong I’m pleased to see the official pictures of the CMF .. but really Lego ?? They’re like “ooooooh here they are” .. and we’re all like “meh .. old news .. where are the DA pictures we’re all waiting for ?”

Edited by Jarreth2

About Diagon Alley... I wonder if TLG went for a simplified, clean, "straight" look for the buildings, or if they managed to capture all the crooked windows.

I don't mind Lego having official reveals when there were already leaks both online and in stores. We on the internet waiting for those leaks are a minority, but we act like literally everyone on the whole planet have seen them :tongue:

But at least they could tease the DA, along the lines of "something else is coming, stay tuned". I'll never understand the reasoning behind Lego's reveals, sometimes they happen a month, sometimes a day before a set hits the shelves, sometimes with, sometimes without teasers. Have some consistency!

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Maybe it would just be embarrassing at this point to have a 'reveal' article. :head_back: Or they feel they don't need to because half of them have already posted about them anyway. Even Brickset who are particularly cautious wrote about them as they could be bought in Romania at that point.

Well, they usually post the official HD images anyway if I remember correct. Brickset do not have a single post today, so something like that would still get a lot of clicks.. Something is off here, maybe in 5 minutes we will know :wink: