Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Zedro said:

But may personal opinion the wave will include a buildable Niffler statue like the Hedwig This year. 2021 is the release date for the third movie of fantastic beasts so it will be in line of that. ( 2022 fawkes the phoenix ? )

I wouldn't count on that 2021 release for FB3, it will definetely be delayed. There aren't many big films that are filming again and FB is not one of them

48 minutes ago, Albus said:

I think when people say Forbidden Corridor, they mean the whole set of challenges, so also including keys, chessboard, mirror etc., which would be a bigger set.

Just my interpretation.

Yes, when people talk about the Forbidden corridor on here they’re usually referring to the entire thing. 
But the original 2001 Forbidden Corridor set was only Fluffy, the trap door, and the Devil’s Snare room - and I could definitely see Lego decoding to do that again. 
After all, the 2001 sets were broken up for a reason. The entire series of rooms is long, like, takes up a significant portion of the microscale Hogwarts base long. It would probably go over the current $100 record for regular sets in this theme. I genuinely think that the designers would be reluctant to put the whole thing in a single set just because of the proportions, so the idea that they’d only do the first section as a medium sized set to commemorate the anniversary seems plausible to me. 

I've grabbed every HP set since the 2018 wave began and all the CMF minifigs... I have to say though, I'm getting more and more disappointed by Lego not printing on some figs. Bellatrix's skirt, Molly's skirt... the books in the Astronomy Tower. Also, whats a maniac got to do to get Hagrid's dog Fang? Anyways, if you guys know of any way to finish the skirt printing for Lego, please please please let me know.

19 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Is today the day we finally see diagon alley... 

Happy Monday everyone! 

Hopefully! Maybe a teaser today and reveal tomorrow or Wednesday? 

Re: teaser/reveal date: *Insert Charlie Brown football GIF* :tongue:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't count on that 2021 release for FB3, it will definetely be delayed. There aren't many big films that are filming again and FB is not one of them

Exactly. If there were sets planned for FB3, they‘d now have enough time to postpone them without a hitch, unlike other themes :laugh:

If I would have to guess next year’s wave, I’d say:

- Battle of the Seven Potters as a 20 dollar set.

- Tent with trio and perhaps a tree build instead of our yearly forbidden forest set (30 dollars)

- Troll on the loose (40 dollars)

- Chamber of Secrets of Forbidden Corridor (70 dollars)

- Gringotts Bank (100 dollars)

- Hogwarts Battle (100 dollars)

11 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I’m really impressed with the sound of the new DA set, and to be completely honest shocked with just how many shops we are getting.  I think it’s a really good idea to not include Gringotts that way we get more obscure shops in this then can get that as a stand alone set.  They’ve even included shops I didn’t know existed, which I love.:wub:  I just hope we get a separate Gringotts and Leaky Cauldron set in the future.  The only other shop I would have liked to be included is the Owl Emporium. 

I also love that we get obscure shops, as long as we get the other more known shops in future sets. If we for some strange reason do not get most of these:

-Eeylops Owl Emporium
-Gringotts
-Madam Malkin's
-Magical Menagerie
-Cauldron Shop
-Slug & Jiggers Apothecary
-LC

later I will probably be a lot more critical about the choice, but do not think that it is any real danger for that scenario :wink:

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I also love that we get obscure shops, as long as we get the other more known shops in future sets. If we for some strange reason do not get most of these:

Gringotts is the only one worthy of a standalone set though :tongue: I don‘t think we‘re ever going to see any of the other ones

49 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Gringotts is the only one worthy of a standalone set though :tongue:

What have you been smoking this morning?! *huh*

50 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t think we‘re ever going to see any of the other ones

1. Why not include them in the DA then instead of shops "no one" knows is there?
  2. Lego needs more sets for future waves, DA shops would be perfect to fill those spots
  3. Lego have made them before, it even was there the very first year of the theme (4723 Diagon Alley Shops)

I can see them make sets of one shop alone or maybe sets of two is better e.g:

-Eeylops Owl Emporium and Potage's Cauldron Shop
-Madam Malkin's and Magical Menagerie
-Slug & Jiggers Apothecary and Twilfitt and Tatting's
-Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions and Terrortours
etc

I for one would definitely buy sets like that :wub:

21 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Lego needs more sets for future waves, DA shops would be perfect to fill those spots

Let‘s see what we‘re missing: Additional parts of Hogwarts, any of the obstacles in the finale of PS, the chamber of secrets, the Shrieking Shack, Hogsmeade, the second task, Durmstrang ship, Ministry of Magic, Grimmauld place, Inferi cave, Malfoy Manor, Gringotts, etc.

I think that‘s more than enough before they have to resort to a random apothecary to fill in some vacant spots :laugh: Besides, Gringotts is not only iconic, there are multiple scenes that take place in there. The same cannot be said for any one of the missing shops.

26 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The crystallised tears of everyone in this thread :laugh_hard:

29 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

1. Why not include them in the DA then instead of shops "no one" knows is there?
  2. Lego needs more sets for future waves, DA shops would be perfect to fill those spots
  3. Lego have made them before, it even was there the very first year of the theme (4723 Diagon Alley Shops)

etc

I really love MOCing the Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade shops will all their unique interiors, so from an entirely selfish viewpoint, hope that LEGO doesn’t make these... HOWEVER, the designers have done such a wonderful job of the revival series that they would definitely create builds beyond my capabilities! 

I agree with Roebuck that there is a market there... but maybe there are other more action-packed scenes/locations that could take priority. 

Only TLG knows what will happen ;) 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

On 8/13/2020 at 4:32 AM, YetiZombie said:

Weasley Wizard Weeds™

There is nothing to add  ?

3 hours ago, Legopls said:

If I would have to guess next year’s wave, I’d say:

- Battle of the Seven Potters as a 20 dollar set.

- Tent with trio and perhaps a tree build instead of our yearly forbidden forest set (30 dollars)

- Troll on the loose (40 dollars)

- Chamber of Secrets of Forbidden Corridor (70 dollars)

- Gringotts Bank (100 dollars)

- Hogwarts Battle (100 dollars)

Would love this lineup. Perhaps I'd even add a smaller Gringott escape one with two vaults (Harry's and Bellatrix's), the dragon and some play features (the cart?) to be attachable to the main set ?

Also, but I know it's most unlikely, I'd LOVE to get a full on Gryffindor common room set. Maybe for something like 70€/80€?

Back to the DA questions at hand...for the love of JK let it be the day something, official or unofficial, drops. I'll even take one new harry look, I just need something ?

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

etc

Hopefully Lego has enough confidence in the HP/Diagon Alley sets to start selling less known (but perhaps even more iconic) DA shops as modular sets!

Like, it makes perfect sense to have Gringott as a standalone IMO but imagine if they chose to have the shops you mentioned sold in couples, perhaps adding even the Leaky Cauldron and the Nocturn Alley shop ?

I’ll elaborate on my thoughts a bit: I think most of the remaining shops are too obscure to work as standalone sets, even in tandems. Compare it with other D2C playsets, e.g. Cloud City: The Carbonite chamber and the area where Luke & Vader duel work as standalone sets. Would the other parts of the set too (Ugnaught work place, diner table, hallways, landing pad)? Certainly not, but they do work as parts of a bigger set. Same goes for Scribbulus and the Daily Prophet office.

Besides, there‘s another big issue: which minifigs would they include? The remaining shops have no on-screen characters associated with them, so a bunch of Harrys, Rons snd Hermiones? :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Would the other parts of the set too (Ugnaught work place, diner table, hallways, landing pad)? Certainly not, but they do work as parts of a bigger set. Same goes for Scribbulus and the Daily Prophet office.

And judging by the sales of that particular set, you'd argue that those parts doesnt work in a bigger set either

Edited by PGBQW

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

And judging by the sales of that particular set, you'd argue that those parts doesnt work in a bigger set either

Touché :tongue:

And don‘t get me wrong, I‘m not opposed to other DA shops being released as standalone sets, it‘s just that they‘re at the very bottom of the list of potential sets IMO. Look me straight in the eyes and tell me you honestly want that apothecary over the Shriecking Shack, Hogsmeade or the chamber of secrets. Once the more desirable sets are all done, then I‘d be open to the obscure shops :laugh:

I was wondering why, they do not make a modular parts of Hogwart, like those creator sets. Releasing two big sets per year, which you can connect together in order to create a minifigure scale hogwart would be an awesome idea. Apart of that, maybe someday Lego will release Hogsmeade UCS set, which is also a very symbolic place in Harry Potter.

9 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

The original 4706 Forbidden Corridor is actually a pretty small set. Only 238 pieces. By comparison, the 2018 Whomping Willow set has 753 pieces and the new Room of Requirement set has 193 pieces. I think we could definitely get a small tower and a bit of wall as a reimagined Forbidden Corridor next year if LEGO decides to do something for the 20th anniversary.

fc55b_4706-1.jpg

I think you’re comparing apples to oranges here. Lego’s design philosophy and design quality has changed substantially since then. Look at the number of pieces in the Diagon Alley shops compared to 2011 and then today, or Hagrid’s Hut, or Quidditch Match.

This is partly due to the requirement to fit in a complete castle now.

In half an hour we'll probably know if somethibg is coming today! Hoping for a teaser but I'm not sure. Hopefully they know how much people want to see it.

4 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

They just revealed the CMF, lol. Finally.

Lego: "The new Harry Potter Minifigures are here! Available from September."

Who wants to tell them?

37 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I think you’re comparing apples to oranges here. Lego’s design philosophy and design quality has changed substantially since then. Look at the number of pieces in the Diagon Alley shops compared to 2011 and then today, or Hagrid’s Hut, or Quidditch Match.

This is partly due to the requirement to fit in a complete castle now.

Are there even any buildings large enough to fit a decent size fluffy in? Now that I'm giving it some thought the only way we could get a forbidden corridor/PS challenges is in a Room of Requirement style interior set. I wouldn't mind a set with a staircase leading to a platform with Fluffy (no walls so it can't be seen from outside), a trapdoor into the devil's snare, and some small 8x8 representations of the other rooms (probably excluding the potions room like the film).

This could either be one long wall or it could be the rooms from the original forbidden corridor and the other smaller rooms on the back of the set, so it could all share 1 wall. even then it would still probably be as expensive as all of the original sets since you would need to use a wall and the original sets just used pillars and arches. 

I don't think they could just make the rooms seen in the original forbidden corridor. It would be like making a girls bathroom and chamber of secrets slide set. The only room that could be standalone is the final one which we already got in the great hall (I'm not sure if two studs is enough to be considered a room but we already have the mirror at least). 

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

They just revealed the CMF, lol. Finally.

Why? If they weren't going to wait for the DA then why not just reveal it when it leaked? LEGO is just messing with us at this point.