Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Do we have a Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion room set up yet or are we waiting to start that after Diagon Alley has been revealed? 

Now that most of us have had our hands on the 2020 sets and we know what will and won’t be included in the D2C Diagon Alley, my mind is swimming with ideas for what this next wave could include. 

My current predictions are:

- Escape from Gringott’s - $120 full facade of Gringott’s to scale with the D2C Diagon Alley featuring a bank vault on the ground floor and a two story bank hall with a giant chandelier and rows of goblin bankers. Comes with a Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon.

- the Durmstrang Ship - $99 ship build and a smaller build of the second task platform with plenty of mermaids and Grindylows

- Malfoy Manor - $80 facade of manor with long dining room table / entry hall and dungeon

- Battle of Hogwarts - $60 set focused on the Viaduct Bridge with knights of Hogwarts, golden trio, Voldy, death eaters, and a Giant 

- Chamber of Secrets - $40 set in the style of the Whomping Willow set or the RoR set featuring the Slytherin dorms, the Head of Salazar Slytherin statue, and a basilisk build

- Forest of Glen - $20 set with the trio and their magic tent, some tree builds, a doe Patronus, and the sword of Gryffindor

- Advent Calendar - $40 with a theme of Christmas at the Burrow - variants of the Weasleys and friends  

- Quidditch Player Minifig Pack - $15 

I'm sure next year we will get both a large Gringotts set and a large castle set (maybe not $100 USD but at least $70). Since the last two Hogwarts sets were aimed at girls and more party focused I think LEGO could do the opposite and fully embrace the battle scene. I'd especially love if they included lots of exploding features. I always found the lone exploding bridge on the 2011 set a bit lackluster. For minifigures I would want the trio, Neville, McGonagall, a suit of armor, Voldemort, a death eater, and Zabini (as a reference to the 2011 version).  

I understand why some people think we will get the wedding tent but I don't see it happening there's a much more important tent we need to get from DH and I can't see them doing 2 tents in one year. 

Then again maybe everything we've said is wrong and LEGO will pull an OOTP and give us a $20 Battle of Hogwarts and $30 Glen forest: Snatcher Encounter. 

16 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Can anyone post pics of the Great Hall, Whomping Willow and Astronomy Tower connected, but with some sections of the Whomping Willow set removed to make the distance between the Great Hall and the Astronomy Tower a bit more proportionate?

I really like the AT and the GH, but when I see them connected with the full WW set they're too far apart IMO. I can't find anything on Google Images.

Do you want all of the WW parts removed or just the short bits? 

11 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Do we have a Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion room set up yet or are we waiting to start that after Diagon Alley has been revealed? 

Now that most of us have had our hands on the 2020 sets and we know what will and won’t be included in the D2C Diagon Alley, my mind is swimming with ideas for what this next wave could include. 

My current predictions are:

- Escape from Gringott’s - $120 full facade of Gringott’s to scale with the D2C Diagon Alley featuring a bank vault on the ground floor and a two story bank hall with a giant chandelier and rows of goblin bankers. Comes with a Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon.

- the Durmstrang Ship - $99 ship build and a smaller build of the second task platform with plenty of mermaids and Grindylows

- Malfoy Manor - $80 facade of manor with long dining room table / entry hall and dungeon

- Battle of Hogwarts - $60 set focused on the Viaduct Bridge with knights of Hogwarts, golden trio, Voldy, death eaters, and a Giant 

- Chamber of Secrets - $40 set in the style of the Whomping Willow set or the RoR set featuring the Slytherin dorms, the Head of Salazar Slytherin statue, and a basilisk build

- Forest of Glen - $20 set with the trio and their magic tent, some tree builds, a doe Patronus, and the sword of Gryffindor

- Advent Calendar - $40 with a theme of Christmas at the Burrow - variants of the Weasleys and friends  

- Quidditch Player Minifig Pack - $15 

i think it is unlikly that we would get both the lake task and the chamber of secrets in one year. I recon one is hopeful. If you look at all the books that have had sets for them so far. Each one has a specific iconic scene that we predicted and Lego knows we all want.

Book 1: Forbidden corridor 

Book 2: Chamber of secrets

Book 3: Shrieking shack

Book 4: Lake task

Book 5 : Ministry duel 

Book 6: Inferi Cave

I think that we might get one next year and then the rest later on. Maybe all in 2022 wave. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

i think it is unlikly that we would get both the lake task and the chamber of secrets in one year. I recon one is hopeful. If you look at all the books that have had sets for them so far. Each one has a specific iconic scene that we predicted and Lego knows we all want.

I think that we might get one next year and then the rest later on. Maybe all in 2022 wave. 

That’s a really good point. Also, in re-reading my list I realize I kind of threw my “sell it to girls” theory out the window. I guess this is part prediction / part wish list. Maybe instead of the Chamber we will get the Wedding Party, but I would be heartbroken. I feel like 2021 is definitely our year to get the Durmstrang ship though... We even have a little wink to it in the Advent Calendar this year with the little Durmstrang Ship “toy” build.

9 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Does anyone actually care about the inferi cave? I always thought the only reason we considered it was because we thought LEGO would make small and large sets from both OOTP and HBP this year. I doubt it's in anyone's top 10 unproduced sets or anything. 

4 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Does anyone actually care about the inferi cave? I always thought the only reason we considered it was because we thought LEGO would make small and large sets from both OOTP and HBP this year. I doubt it's in anyone's top 10 unproduced sets or anything. 

It’s definitely not on my top 10 (not even my top 20), but I think @Tommy269 ‘s point is more that it’s an iconic / climatic scene from the movie that we haven’t seen in LEGO form.

5 minutes ago, Zedro said:

But may personal opinion the wave will include a Niffler statue like the Hedwig. 2021 is the release date for the third movie of fantastic beasts so it will be in line of that. ( 2022 fawkes the phoenix ? )

Nah it's Dobby's sock next year.

4 minutes ago, Zedro said:

I like very much of this list. I will add some of missing remake sets like Forbidden corridor, Troll on the Loose, Chamber of secrets, Shrieking shack and The task on the Lake 

Every wave have a forbidden Forest set so maybe the voldmort against harry.

But may personal opinion the wave will include a Niffler statue like the Hedwig. 2021 is the release date for the third movie of fantastic beasts so it will be in line of that. ( 2022 fawkes the phoenix ? )

Thanks! I would love the Forbidden Corridor and Troll on the Loose, too, but I doubt we will get them next year. There’s also a high likelihood that Fantastic Beasts 3 will be postponed until 2022, which is why I left them out.

43 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I'm sure next year we will get both a large Gringotts set and a large castle set (maybe not $100 USD but at least $70). Since the last two Hogwarts sets were aimed at girls and more party focused I think LEGO could do the opposite and fully embrace the battle scene. I'd especially love if they included lots of exploding features. I always found the lone exploding bridge on the 2011 set a bit lackluster. For minifigures I would want the trio, Neville, McGonagall, a suit of armor, Voldemort, a death eater, and Zabini (as a reference to the 2011 version).  

I understand why some people think we will get the wedding tent but I don't see it happening there's a much more important tent we need to get from DH and I can't see them doing 2 tents in one year. 

Then again maybe everything we've said is wrong and LEGO will pull an OOTP and give us a $20 Battle of Hogwarts and $30 Glen forest: Snatcher Encounter. 

Did we get Zabini in 2011?

2 minutes ago, CLK143 said:

No, we got the other Malfoy gang member, Goyle (or Crabe I don't remember which was one still around for DH2)

I don’t think the 2021 thread starts till we get a solid list of set leaks or at the beginning of the year. I think DH doesn’t have a lot of set options, the main ones to me would be: Bell Towers with Boathouse, Forbidden Forest 2011 remake, tent with Golden Trio and Gringott’s. Don’t think we’re getting Malfoy Manor, especially considering that we didn’t get Ministry Of Magic, both scenes have duels with major character deaths, the later being more iconic. I also highly doubt we will get Xenophilius’s house as casuals will never recognize it. The Wedding is fifty/fifty, considering LEGO likes doing festive stuff for both Astronomy Tower and Clock Tower.  Now that leaves room for about two more sets in comparison to the current lineup, like Privet Drive is a throwback I’m putting money on the Lake Task and maybe Shrieking Shack as well, as it would be around the same price range where a Chamber of Secrets or Philosophers Stone add on would be too pricey with a third one hundred dollar set in the wave. 

Edited by RODDY

29 minutes ago, Zedro said:

I like very much of this list. I will add some of missing remake sets like Forbidden corridor, Troll on the Loose, Chamber of secrets, Shrieking shack and The task on the Lake 

Every wave have a forbidden Forest set so maybe the voldmort against harry.

But may personal opinion the wave will include a buildable Niffler statue like the Hedwig This year. 2021 is the release date for the third movie of fantastic beasts so it will be in line of that. ( 2022 fawkes the phoenix ? )

23 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Thanks! I would love the Forbidden Corridor and Troll on the Loose, too, but I doubt we will get them next year. There’s also a high likelihood that Fantastic Beasts 3 will be postponed until 2022, which is why I left them out.

I could see the troll and Forbidden Corridor scenes combined in one set. Same with the chamber of secrets and the slytherin common room. 

I’ll create a Harry Potter 2021 thread on January 1st, 2021. :thumbup:

Please keep all HP discussion in this thread until then, regardless of the actual release date/year. 

Only one “year” thread open/active, per theme, at a time—thanks! 

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Just the two short bits on each end removed, as to keep only the section with the bigger tower and the bridge / archway, if that's possible.

32 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

35 minutes ago, CLK143 said:

No, we got the other Malfoy gang member, Goyle (or Crabe I don't remember which was one still around for DH2

It was Goyle, since Crabbe’s actor got arrested for cannabis charges and couldn’t be in the final movies. I suspect Goyle got thrown in to the 2011 Battle of Hogwarts set because the designers suspected he’d be taking over Crabbe’s role, but obviously they had no forewarning that Zabini would be in that scene, so there was no reason to include him. But who knows, he might make it into a set next year. 

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I actually could see is getting the Forbidden Corridor next year, since it will be the 20th anniversary of the 1st movie (and by extension the original set). If they’re going to do any “off year” set like Privet Drive next year it should probably be that one, to capitalize on the nostalgia hype that will almost certainly be running rampant. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

I actually could see is getting the Forbidden Corridor next year, since it will be the 20th anniversary of the 1st movie (and by extension the original set). If they’re going to do any “off year” set like Privet Drive next year it should probably be that one, to capitalize on the nostalgia hype that will almost certainly be running rampant. 

Very good point. I totally forgot about the 20th Anniversary next year. A re-imagining of the 4706 Forbidden Corridor set with Fluffy would be perfect. Maybe it even comes with a vintage yellow Harry Potter on a little stand like the Star Wars anniversary sets. 

Just ordered the RoR and Forbidden Forest from Target, but they sold out of Privet Drive :( However, i got lucky and snagged a pre-order of Privet Drive on Amazon that ships on the 28th. Target order will arrive on Wednesday, so a little distant from Privet Drive, but I like having the certainty of when it ships (compared to waiting for Target to restock or Lego to release it)

A couple days ago, I ordered the Astronomy Tower and the Hedwig sets from Zavvi, while yesterday I ordered the Room of Requirement and Forbidden Forest from Target.  Both orders are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, so I'll be looking forward to that.

3 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

I could see us getting a privet drive size Malfoy manner.

Hmm, it's possible.

One dungeon section on the bottom, then a clear room with a fireplace and moving chandelier?

Characters could be: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Lucius, Malfoy and either Narcissa or Bellatrix.

However, Malfoy Manor only appears twice and that's in the last couple of films. Whereas Privet Drive appears in 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7.

Plus I can't imagine the building being very exiting, just a dark grey and black building with not much character. I think it's unlikely we'd get a set.

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

Just the two short bits on each end removed, as to keep only the section with the bigger tower and the bridge / archway, if that's possible.

72F55787-10F5-4C85-8FC4-372164BA01F1.jpeg.afbc26c529ad3dd61008dd287c15264f.jpeg Here it is in release order with the sections removed. 

Very good point. I totally forgot about the 20th Anniversary next year. A re-imagining of the 4706 Forbidden Corridor set with Fluffy would be perfect. Maybe it even comes with a vintage yellow Harry Potter on a little stand like the Star Wars anniversary sets. 

It would be cool if they remade forbidden corridor but I'm not sure they could next year. Forbidden corridor would have to be quite large and they're already making Gringotts and probably a DH2 Hogwarts expansion. I don't think they could make any more large sets next year. 

18 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

It would be cool if they remade forbidden corridor but I'm not sure they could next year. Forbidden corridor would have to be quite large and they're already making Gringotts and probably a DH2 Hogwarts expansion. I don't think they could make any more large sets next year. 

The original 4706 Forbidden Corridor is actually a pretty small set. Only 238 pieces. By comparison, the 2018 Whomping Willow set has 753 pieces and the new Room of Requirement set has 193 pieces. I think we could definitely get a small tower and a bit of wall as a reimagined Forbidden Corridor next year if LEGO decides to do something for the 20th anniversary.

fc55b_4706-1.jpg

34 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

72F55787-10F5-4C85-8FC4-372164BA01F1.jpeg.afbc26c529ad3dd61008dd287c15264f.jpeg Here it is in release order with the sections removed. 

Thanks, but I was thinking something along the lines of what the castle looks like in the movies: The Great Hall, the shortened Whomping Willow (like you have it in the picture), and then the Astronomy Tower. I don't have much interest in the Clock Tower, but the AT looks precious.

46 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Plus I can't imagine the building being very exiting, just a dark grey and black building with not much character. I think it's unlikely we'd get a set.

Malfoy Manor is based on Hardwick Hall, which is an iconic building in and of itself. I bet even some Architecture fans would pick this set up. My only concern is that it looks a bit too similar to the Hogwarts Bell Towers, which could be a bit confusing. I think we will probably only get one or the other. Either way, Malfoy Manor is in my top 5 most wanted HP sets that haven’t been made yet.

1775f1306b689b4dc462883a41573272.jpg

I think when people say Forbidden Corridor, they mean the whole set of challenges, so also including keys, chessboard, mirror etc., which would be a bigger set.

Just my interpretation.

The original 4706 Forbidden Corridor is actually a pretty small set. Only 238 pieces. By comparison, the 2018 Whomping Willow set has 753 pieces and the new Room of Requirement set has 193 pieces. I think we could definitely get a small tower and a bit of wall as a reimagined Forbidden Corridor next year if LEGO decides to do something for the 20th anniversary.

fc55b_4706-1.jpg

9 minutes ago, Albus said:

I think when people say Forbidden Corridor, they mean the whole set of challenges, so also including keys, chessboard, mirror etc., which would be a bigger set.

Just my interpretation.

Yeah I can't see them doing it as little separate sets like in 2001. I think it will be the hogwart expansion in 2022. That or the COS with Slytherin common rooms and girls bathroom.