Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I really wish they would just reuse the original hairpiece. 

I'd like a more modernised or updated version of this piece with a little more detail. I feel like that would be really useful to a lot of modern characters. EG.
3245cpb109.original.png

8 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I'd like a more modernised or updated version of this piece with a little more detail. I feel like that would be really useful to a lot of modern characters. EG.
3245cpb109.original.png

I really like this hairpiece, it would really do the flamboyant character that is Lockhart justice. I think many of hairpieces in circulation would suffice and do a decent job, but I’m really hoping for a new hairpiece myself.

28 minutes ago, Surge said:

Did they give you one? If they did I would double check to make sure its not the same as series 20

No unfortunately they couldn’t find the CMF item number and neither could I. Same situation at Target #2. All of the new sets except Privet Drive, and no Burrows this time. They also had seven Hogwarts Great Hall sets which had clearly been shipped in from Europe because they had the giant white stickers on them.

I have one more Target to hit up and then I’m calling it quits. My fellow Americans are doing a terrible job of wearing their masks indoors and I’m afraid I’m going to get into a fist fight with the next fat megablocks I see walking around without a mask and putting people at risk. I need a calming potion.

Hello, I'm a returning account from a few years ago. I lost my old password, so I made a new account. I've been watching the forum for a while and I thought I'd give my thoughts on some of the discussion 

First off, when it comes to the Gringott's situation I had a possible idea. What is Lego was to release a Gringott's set for around $100 which just the exterior for a year 1 and 2 set, but also released an additional set for with the vaults and dragon for about $60? I was thinking something like Jabba's Palace and the Rancour Pit from back in 2012/2013. This way we could get more Goblins, but also exciting variants of the Trio in the vaults set. I could imagine the exterior of the vaults set to have stairs that lead up to Gringott's. This way it wouldn't look completely odd. The back of the big Gringott's set could have an empty space for the mine cart system to fill in. I'd also imagine the roof of Gringott's could be removable to combine it with the Dragon from the vaults set. 

Next, I'd like to give my input for Diagon Alley set. From what we've heard I imagine each building to be 2-3 floors each. The way I imagine the system working would be like the 2010/2011 Hogwarts sets with those types of connectors. However, I imagine each connector being on an 6 by 8 plate and lining up with the roofs. I think that each of these would have a unique feature to them. For example one could have a Window facade for the "magical creatures" segment of the alley so it doesn't have to have a bunch of side builds lying around. I think another one of these could have open archway with the Knockturn Alley stickers implying more buildings that way. For the entrance I imagine it being on an 8x16 plate with pin connectors on each side. This way you are able to rearrange the buildings on both sides of the alley.

As far as play features go I'd like to see some explosions in Olivanders, aswell as a moving latter feature. It'd also be nice to have the glass outside of his shop disappear but is not necessary. I can't wait to the hat reveler for WWW. I'd also like to see the Flu Powder network in one of the segments I talked about above. It'd be really cool if they included a green light brick for it as well. As far as interiors go I don't expect much for less iconic buildings. However I imagine WWW, F&B, QQS, and Olivanders are going to have packed interiors. I also hope we get a bit of the sidewalk, but I won't get my hops up.

Finally I'd like to give my input on the figures. As far a 350-400$ set goes I think 18 figures is probably what we will be seeing. We got 12 figures in the original so I do not see why 18 would be a huge stretch. My guesses are: PS Harry, COS Ron, COS Hermione, COS Draco, COS Ginny, COS Molly, COS Arthur, Lucius, Lockheart, Rita Skeeter, Fred, George, Olivander, Florean, Hagrid, Greyback, and possibly 2 death eaters. If Lego was willing to reach for 24 figures, I'd expect year 3 or year 6 versions of the trio (does not matter to me), as well as possibly Bellatrix, and maybe Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidtich Mannequins.

Anyways I hope y'all enjoyed reading through some of my ideas and predictions. 

18 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

No unfortunately they couldn’t find the CMF item number and neither could I. Same situation at Target #2. All of the new sets except Privet Drive, and no Burrows this time. They also had seven Hogwarts Great Hall sets which had clearly been shipped in from Europe because they had the giant white stickers on them.

I have one more Target to hit up and then I’m calling it quits. My fellow Americans are doing a terrible job of wearing their masks indoors and I’m afraid I’m going to get into a fist fight with the next fat megablocks I see walking around without a mask and putting people at risk. I need a calming potion. 

Aren't masks required at Target? I feel your frustration though. So annoying that people can't do one simple thing to help get us out of this mess sooner.

14 minifigs... fake list obviously. I’m putting my trust in lego to not be that stingy :classic: (anxious smile) 

Besides the trio, I think Lucius, Draco, Lockhart, Molly, Arthur, Ginny and heck, even the photographer are crucial to the F&B scene, more so if the description by lego says “book signing event”. 

That’s 10 minifigures so far. Now the obvious guesses are Hagrid, the leaked Florean and Ollivander. 13 figures.

But oh, WWW is included as well, so Fred and George are a given. Did I read love potions? First encounter of Hermione with McLaggen, same for Ron with Lavender.

Without 2nd variants, that sums 17 characters. And if the photographer is too irrelevant, then we might get Rita instead.

Edited by Otherworld

2 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

And if the photographer is too irrelevant, then we might get Rita instead.

We’re getting Florian Fortescue, no character is too irrelevant. 

Grabbed RoR set this morning at Target, saw the rest as well. Was a little tough saying no, but I managed. No CMF’s though.

But, as we know the series compliments the sets, the trio from Series 2 is likely meant to compliment DA. So it’d be a waste to have Year 6 ones in the set. 

12 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Grabbed RoR set this morning at Target, saw the rest as well. Was a little tough saying no, but I managed. No CMF’s though.

This was me a few days ago haha. It was pretty hard to say no to the Burrow, but I'm going to wait for LEGO to have a GWP or double VIP points before getting it. DA is my #1 priority though, so I'm getting that as soon as it comes out :laugh:

25 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Aren't masks required at Target? I feel your frustration though. So annoying that people can't do one simple thing to help get us out of this mess sooner.

Face masks are required, but for some reason once people walk through the front door they feel free to wear their masks as chin straps, which completely defeats the purpose. 

My final Target run proved to be the most disappointing. Only one ROR set was left and no CMF. I’m very grateful that I was able to snag the Burrow at my first stop today! It was the only set I wasn’t able to order from Europe back in June. Looking forward to building it this weekend.

Have any other Americans here found the CMF item number at their Targets? Once we have the item number, we can ask employees to check back rooms and other locations.

Got my RoR from Target yesterday.  No Burrows on the shelf in my local store.  Had the others from this wave out but I'm not sure about Privet Drive.  Stopped at Walmart on the way home but only one they had out was Privet Drive.  Shelves there were still pretty bare.

6 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

This was me a few days ago haha. It was pretty hard to say no to the Burrow, but I'm going to wait for LEGO to have a GWP or double VIP points before getting it. DA is my #1 priority though, so I'm getting that as soon as it comes out :laugh:

same DA is a day one buy for me

1 minute ago, karrit said:

Got my RoR from Target yesterday.  No Burrows on the shelf in my local store.  Had the others from this wave out but I'm not sure about Privet Drive.  Stopped at Walmart on the way home but only one they had out was Privet Drive.  Shelves there were still pretty bare.

Walmart has them too? Maybe we should be checking Walmart for the CMF series! I’m going to stop by my local Walgreens too. They always have a great selection of LEGO Harry Potter.

Did anyone else preorder the burrow from target? I did and I haven't recieved the set or been contacted about it. I'm pretty sure they haven't even charged me for it. Wasn't it supposed to deliver today? 

20 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Walmart has them too? Maybe we should be checking Walmart for the CMF series! I’m going to stop by my local Walgreens too. They always have a great selection of LEGO Harry Potter.

No CMF's in that Walmart & Privet Drive was the only new HP.  Polybags were Lamborghini, Poe's X-wing & the Duplo Duck.  

9 hours ago, Decat said:

3. Sorry, but I need to correct you here: Warner Bros owns Harry Potter, not Universal. Universal license the theme park rights from Warner Bros and J.K. Rowling. Also, with the theme park being in the US, it doesn't really have much impact in the rest of the world. The movies are definitely the main source for the Lego sets and other merchandise. The theme parks are closely based on the films too; I believe they even had the designers from the films work on the parks.

Yes WB owns Harry Potter overall. That’s not what I’m saying. The license that was secured for the current agreement with TLG is directly from the Universal Studio parks themselves. I’m not making assumptions or guessing how something came in this one. There was a press it when they secured.  If universal purchased merchandise rights to their “wizarding world” they own them on behalf of WB/JK Rowling. Same thing Sony did with Spider-Man and all the issues it now has for Marvel. The first and second year of the license is directly from the parks, which is how we came to get the current theme. I don’t know if adjustments have been made though now. 

4 minutes ago, dvt said:

Yes WB owns Harry Potter overall. That’s not what I’m saying. The license that was secured for the current agreement with TLG is directly from the Universal Studio parks themselves. I’m not making assumptions or guessing how something came in this one. There was a press it when they secured.  If universal purchased merchandise rights to their “wizarding world” they own them on behalf of WB/JK Rowling. Same thing Sony did with Spider-Man and all the issues it now has for Marvel. The first and second year of the license is directly from the parks, which is how we came to get the current theme. I don’t know if adjustments have been made though now. 

Do you have a source for this? I'm pretty sure the license is called "Wizarding World" to encompass HP and its extended universe, and the license is directly from Warner Bros and not from the parks. I found the original press release for the HP sets in 2018 and it says "LEGO Systems, Inc., in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, announces that a collection of LEGO® sets inspired by the Wizarding World". Universal also gets their license from Warner Bros. Consumer Products for the parks, but that doesn't mean the sets have to be related to them in any way.

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Do you have a source for this? I'm pretty sure the license is called "Wizarding World" to encompass HP and its extended universe, and the license is directly from Warner Bros and not from the parks. I found the original press release for the HP sets in 2018 and it says "LEGO Systems, Inc., in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, announces that a collection of LEGO® sets inspired by the Wizarding World". Universal also gets their license from Warner Bros. Consumer Products for the parks, but that doesn't mean the sets have to be related to them in any way.

I’ll see what I can find. Need my computer instead of my phone. 

3 minutes ago, dvt said:

I’ll see what I can find. Need my computer instead of my phone. 

From what I'm reading, I think what you originally said was partially true. The sets do use the same license as Universal and the parks. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the sets are going to be derived from or based on the parks, since Universal has no say over what LEGO does with the same license.

Edited by YetiZombie

There are details here that I’m not aware of either, but license deals can be tricky. 

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

From what I'm reading, I think what you originally said was partially true. The sets do use the same license as Universal and the parks. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the sets are going to be derived from or based on the parks, since Universal has no say over what LEGO does with the same license.

I just built the Room of Requirement and I found an decent place to put it in my Hogwarts display. I wasn't happy with connecting it on the end of either side (to the greenhouse or the Dumbledore's Office tower), so I simply placed it near the Whomping Willow part of the castle. That allowed the closet to act as an extension of it, which also reflects how it looked in the HBP. What do you all think?

https://imgur.com/a/kuURTwa

Edited by YetiZombie

7 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I just built the Room of Requirement and I found an decent place to put it in my Hogwarts display. I wasn't happy with connecting it on the end of either side (to the greenhouse or the Dumbledore's Office tower), so I simply placed it near the Whomping Willow part of the castle. That allowed the closet to act as an extension of it, which also reflects how it looked in the HBP. What do you all think?

https://imgur.com/a/kuURTwa

I think it looks quite nice :) It really blends well together with the storeroom its connected to. Will use this idea for sure!! 

It doesn’t make any sense at all that Lego’s a sub-license of Universal, which is what dvt is saying. Lego had a license from Warner Brothers as far back as 2001, a full 6 years before Universal announced its park would have anything from the “Wizarding World”.

The original Universal Studios license is here: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312507178559/dex1041.htm

”licensed use” does allow for manufacture and sale of products, but only for sale within the park.

Edited by autolycus

If some of the DA shops are more based on their Universal Parks appearances as opposed to their movie appearances, I wonder if Universal would be allowed to sell the DA set in their parks. Is Universal allowed to sell any of the Harry Potter sets there?