Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, josh_a_123 said:

is this website a trusty way of getting these?

I hope so...they charged me for them! The store was mentioned on this forum a few pages back. I paid through Paypal so if there is a problem I am covered anyway

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

think It is pretty safe to assume it will fit like a glove:wink:

The line between D2C and non-D2C Level of detail is certainly blurring...

11 minutes ago, Professor_Flitbrick said:

Next week is reveal 

By  Lego fans news

I mean I really want to believe this, but I think they said last week (or it could have been the week before) that it was coming 'this week' etc, so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. Also, they did post the printed tile as a DA 'leak' and Marcos Bessa has confirmed it is not a Lego product and they have since deleted the pic so they are not always reliable.

43 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

The line between D2C and non-D2C Level of detail is certainly blurring...

Yes, I am pretty sure they have this planned for several years already. Make the huge D2C with a couple of the most famous buildings, some medium famous and several less known. Then next year do a add on that fit perfectly, but also do fine on its own of a famous one, if that is a success try a medium known one next time :wink:

14 minutes ago, Professor_Flitbrick said:

Next week is reveal 

By  Lego fans news

Welcome :classic:

Lets hope so, but everything is pointing in that direction at least, regardless of "leaks" :moar:

Here is the super secret info given to me by super secret sources:

-The set will come in a box

-The set will be revealed before 2021

-The box will have the LEGO logo in the corner

-The pieces will be made of plastic

-The set will be a buildable toy

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Seriously, where have you been hiding all this time? We needed you months ago! :tongue:

Part 2780 will be included in the DA. Not sure if we can trust this leak. But if it's true then this confirms the set will be microscale. 

8 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Part 2780 will be included in the DA. Not sure if we can trust this leak. But if it's true then this confirms the set will be microscale. 

:grin: 

41 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Your profile picture is too accurate

Since we have been recently discussing that the Harry Potter brand has additional appeal to girls compared to other themes such as Star Wars, I wonder if we could eventually get Harry Potter characters in Mini-doll form. Do you think that will ever happen?

Just now, droobles said:

Since we have been recently discussing that the Harry Potter brand has additional appeal to girls compared to other themes such as Star Wars, I wonder if we could eventually get Harry Potter characters in Mini-doll form. Do you think that will ever happen?

I mean... It isn't impossible, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it. 

Bad news! The set will not be revealed before 1 of April next year, but the good news is that it only will cost 99$ and are part of the Lego Art theme (so no need to worry about shelf-space start worrying about wall-space instead) :devil:

@dvt - thank you for taking the time to weigh in here. I read and re-read your analysis and could not possibly agree with you more. It’s clear that the LEGO Harry Potter series is here to stay. There is no need for folks to worry that we won’t eventually be getting a Gringott’s set. Ultimately, it was a smart business move not to include Gringott’s in the D2C that we will all ultimately benefit from. I also really appreciated your comments on one of LEGO’s key target demographics for these sets - girls. It’s a point I made for us to keep in mind when we were making 2021 set predictions - just look at the focus of the last two big Hogwarts sets (a fancy dress ball and a dance party - not major action and adventure scenes) or the beautifully designed Beauxbatons Carriage. It’s great to finally have some facts and data backing this theory up. Thanks again - really good to have you and your insight and expertise as part of this community!

3 hours ago, Decat said:

Sorry, but I need to correct you here: Warner Bros owns Harry Potter, not Universal. Universal license the theme park rights from Warner Bros and J.K. Rowling. Also, with the theme park being in the US, it doesn't really have much impact in the rest of the world.

I wouldn’t underestimate the impact that the theme parks have on design and marketing decisions here. Even though the Wizarding World parks are based in the US, the US is LEGO’s biggest market and people travel from all over to visit them. The Diagon Alley that we are getting sounds closer to the version that is in the Orlando theme park than the one in the London studio tour. This is another reason why I think we are guaranteed to get both Gringott’s - the massive centerpiece of Universal’s Diagon Alley park  - and a D2C Hogsmeade - the setting of Universal’s original Wizarding World Park. I imagine a D2C Hogsmeade will include all of our favorite shops - save one (maybe the Shrieking Shack) which will be sold separately at a lower price point and wider release.

Edited by sebastian666

23 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

How does that confirm anything?

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It doesn't. They're just being sarcastic. :wink:

Oh well that's embarrassing.

I'll just go to my corner now.

Diagon alley is forever cursed. We technically have more pictures (with the outline being posted by promobricks) for the ninjago d2c that releases next year then we do for the set coming next month ?

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Oh well that's embarrassing.

I'll just go to my corner now.

No don't do that! :classic:

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Diagon alley is forever cursed. We technically have more pictures (with the outline being posted by promobricks) for the ninjago d2c that releases next year then we do for the set coming next month ?

I just hope that the minifigure count of 19-20 figures for a €299.99 set is matched or, even better, surpassed by the DA minifigure count.

The way Lego has been handling the Ninjago D2C’s makes me confident that they will handle DA just as well :)

Now that we have a detailed set description, what minifigs do folks think we will be getting? The new description turned my previous prediction on its head. I’m now almost positive we will be getting two sets of Harry, Ron, and Hermione - one set from Year 2 and one set from Year 6:

q5sGb8Z.jpg

IZSM2xe.jpg

mbEEydP.jpg

We may even be getting two Ginnys (hopefully one comes with Arnold the Pygmy Puff!) I also think the mention of “love potions” in the WWW description means we might be getting some of the “love interests” that are featured in the HBP WWW scene - Romilda Vane, Lavender Brown, Dean Thomas, Cormac Mclaggen. This would be a bummer for me if it meant we wouldn’t be getting more interesting wizards and witches like Daedalus Diggle and Doris Crockford. What does everyone else think?

Edited by sebastian666

@sebastian666 I really hope there aren’t too many doubles. It’ll be hard to display the set the way I’m imagining if it’s split timelines.

Do we know anyone in the series who’s connected to Scribbulus? I have no idea If it’s even mentioned in the books or movies