Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Someone (I think @Azani) just posted on Instagram that Diagon Alley will be $350 USD and release in October or possibly sooner. That’s a lower price than we’ve heard before and I’m quite surprised to hear it considering the piece count. If the price was incorrect I would’ve expected it to be $50 more, not $50 less! 

Also, it looks like a recolored version of the Stag Patronus piece has appeared! It’s a proper animal this time around and looks fantastic. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Finally getting a chance to go to Walmart and Target tonight, I've heard people are finally finding them in America right?

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Someone (I think @Azani) just posted on Instagram that Diagon Alley will be $350 USD and release in October or possibly sooner. That’s a lower price than we’ve heard before and I’m quite surprised to hear it considering the piece count. If the price was incorrect I would’ve expected it to be $50 more, not $50 less! 

The price is certainly a surprise, but I’m actually not too surprised by the possible release date. I was thinking that might happen, given this year’s sets got delayed. But I was skeptical because, as far I know, no D2C’s were delayed. 

Does that mean we won’t get a reveal any time soon? I don’t think I can wait another month with nothing :(

Ugh, October release would be a real bummer. The release date was the one thing we were almost certain about this whole time. I really hope we get a reveal next week anyway though.

8 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Also, it looks like a recolored version of the Stag Patronus piece has appeared! It’s a proper animal this time around and looks fantastic. 

For $350, that makes no Gringotts a little bit more tolerable assuming it’s at the $100 price range. So instead of paying $500, you’ll be paying $450 total. If the October release date is true though, we might be another month out from getting an official reveal. If we don’t hear a peep from Lego by the end of next week, I think it seals the deal of the set getting pushed back. Lord have mercy on my tainted soul. 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

October wouldn’t make sense. Diagon alley is coming before the Star Wars October d2c

Are you sure? Because we're all getting very nervous here. ?

$349.99 for that many pieces and (presumably) minifigures would be an absolute steal. I hope that part of it is true.

I would rather pay $400 and keep the September 1st release so I hope it’s not true

Edited by Modal

10 minutes ago, RODDY said:

For $350, that makes no Gringotts a little bit more tolerable assuming it’s at the $100 price range. So instead of paying $500, you’ll be paying $450 total. If the October release date is true though, we might be another month out from getting an official reveal. If we don’t hear a peep from Lego by the end of next week, I think it seals the deal of the set getting pushed back. Lord have mercy on my tainted soul. 

I agree on the price. I hope the Gringotts set next year is over $100, because I want an exterior detailed enough to fit in with the D2C and we know the dragon will be the equivalent of a $20-30 set on its own. I don’t believe the October release date, though. As @Falconfan1414 said, that’s the release date for Mos Eisley and LEGO wouldn’t release two large licensed D2C sets of the same price on the same day. 

I saw his post and he said possibly sooner. So if the release date is mid September for $350, I wouldn’t mind that 

6 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I agree on the price. I hope the Gringotts set next year is over $100, because I want an exterior detailed enough to fit in with the D2C and we know the dragon will be the equivalent of a $20-30 set on its own. I don’t believe the October release date, though. As @Falconfan1414 said, that’s the release date for Mos Eisley and LEGO wouldn’t release two large licensed D2C sets of the same price on the same day. 

Also Gringotts is one I would really love to have a detailed interior for. It’s a gorgeous building. Really hope they can get like 1500 pieces or so for it

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

Also Gringotts is one I would really love to have a detailed interior for. It’s a gorgeous building. Really hope they can get like 1500 pieces or so for it

I agree. Sometimes when they put too much into a set it can leave parts of the builds less detailed than others and in Gringotts case there’s so much going on with it (the chandelier, the exterior, the carts, the foyer). So I think it may benefit from being a standalone set.

16 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

What a beautiful Star Wars Brickhead :iamded_lol:

£18? that seems cheap! (Oh wait it’s probably the Brickhead... I wonder if they’d honour it lol)

I once bought the Infinity War Guardians ship for £20 from argos because they'd swapped the prices round on another set, (£70 for the little thor set) and they honoured it. However the name & description & pictures were all very explicitly the guardians ship, it was just the price that was wrong, so not sure they'd honour it in this case! 

22 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There are lots of famous shops that appear in movies, such as the entrance! A full range of accessories and mini-figs give endless possibilities to a "lively model", creating an endless story. Combine it with other LEGO®️ Harry Potter™️ series sets for even more fun.

I feel like this line confirms that this wont be the only Diagon Alley set we're getting. I could see a Gringott's and a lot of other buildings coming in the future.

Wow that were a lot of new pages to get through. Either way I bought the Burrow and the room of requirement earlier today. Such great looking sets. Also reserved a full set of the cmf HP series which apparently will be available somewhere around September 1st or 2nd in the Netherlands. Can't wait.

On a side note, really good point about us now basically getting the instructions to build the other shops if we swap the colours around. I might wait a year to see Lego's official plans but definitely gonna look into doing that.

Also very interesting how a designer discredited the fake printed piece on Instagram. If only they had done the same for a certain other "leaker" xD.

Either way I'm not getting my hopes up for a reveal this week. It's gonna be next week for sure.

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

I feel like this line confirms that this wont be the only Diagon Alley set we're getting. I could see a Gringott's and a lot of other buildings coming in the future. 

The part that's confusing though is that it's not in the English description, only in the Japanese one. It can't be a translation error though because I translated that one sentence by itself in Google Translate and it returned the same result.

12 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

While I dont doubt more diagon alley sets are possible, I think "combine" could simply mean put next to, not necessary attach.

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Just to hopefully clarify, will the sets officially be in Target on the 14th, as that’s the shipping date on the site? Even though I believe the Burrow pre order was for the 15th.

I'm wondering about this too, I seriously don't think I can wait longer. I've been to 4 Targets and nothing.

17 minutes ago, Surge said:

While I dont doubt more diagon alley sets are possible, I think "combine" could simply mean put next to, not necessary attach.

I agree. It's pretty much just "there are also other sets in this theme"

34 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Regarding the 'such as the entrance!' part, the original Japanese lists off all the shops and ends with '...the entrance to the Daily Prophet' so I think it was a translation error,