Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, mark1991t said:

Has someone already mentioned that https://www.minifiguremaddness.com/ is taking pre-orders for the CMF? I got an email.

Thanks for informing us! It’s coming out to $260 USD through PayPal which is a little more than I was expecting...I didn’t think European stores charged VAT if you’re in the USA- I know BRICKshop didn’t. Plus, I kind of want to wait for the Brickset promo code to come out.

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Plus, I kind of want to wait for the Brickset promo code to come out.

Thing is, we've already figured out the Brickset promo code :laugh_hard: It's Brickset72 and another code you can use (and another one we figured out by ourselves) is Bouwsteentjes.info's Bouw18. Both codes give a 10 euro/dollar discount but you can only use one :wink:

6 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

They must have removed the function of more than one coupon working because when I tried to order, the second code always replaced the first one ?

I already thought it was strange to let us use more than one code so I fully anticipated the order to get cancelled. But it was worth trying anyway :tongue:

8 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

By that do you mean that we can make a MOC more easily or will it come with extra pieces to change the buildings? 

Moc.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I already thought it was strange to let us use more than one code so I fully anticipated the order to get cancelled. But it was worth trying anyway :tongue:

Yep, mine finally got cancelled too hahaha. Just ordered it again for a third time. MinifigureMadness probably thinks I'm crazy :laugh:.

8 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Thanks for informing us! It’s coming out to $260 USD through PayPal which is a little more than I was expecting...I didn’t think European stores charged VAT if you’re in the USA- I know BRICKshop didn’t. Plus, I kind of want to wait for the Brickset promo code to come out.

I used a credit card (via Stripe) and the fees were lower. Came out to $238 USD total, which still isn't bad considering that's around $4 USD per minifig.

12 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Nobody knew what the Hogwarts Express was, but we did know that there was a second store exclusive set coming alongside the Quidditch one. There was actually some rumors going around that it was the knight bus at one point. :head_back: Just like last year - we knew there was a $20 and a $50 set coming in August, not a single hint it was the Beauxbatons Carriage, but we know the set numbers and prices. So yeah, we’ve never had any Harry Potter sets pop up out of absolutely nowhere before. 

Ah that’s good to know. Like I said, wishful thinking haha. Thanks for clarifying! It’s kinda hard to keep track with so many pages on these forums?

Idk how some people are getting so lucky with Targets but I went to like 5 and had no luck in any of them.

19 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If you use the Brickset forums there was a post from Minifigures Plus on August 4 to place a pre-order with them for $209 for the full box or $69 for the set of 16 figures with free shipping in US additional shipping charge for International shipping.  You need to PM them through the forum to order at these prices.  Don't know if they still have availability but they aren't shipping until mid September.  You can find the post under Brickset.com articles on their forums.

14 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I used a credit card (via Stripe) and the fees were lower. Came out to $238 USD total, which still isn't bad considering that's around $4 USD per minifig.

Yeah, I realized that Stripe fees were lower so I did that, and luckily I read a little further down before placing my order so I used the Brickset72 code! Thanks for that! Much happier with the overall price now since it’s exactly what I paid for my Series 1 box in 2018. 

19 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Just found a cached version of the set description in English through a google result. Says basically the same stuff, but bit more Englishy! Might ruin things a bit for people hoping for a full Daily Prophet or Leaky Cauldron though. Be warned.

LEGO® Harry Potter™ Diagon Alley™ (75978) is a superb recreation of London’s most magical shopping street for fans of the Harry Potter movies aged 16 and up.

Iconic stores packed with authentic movie details
Measuring more than a meter wide, the impressive model captures the scale and ambience of the bustling magic-supplies hub. Behind magnificent facades lie intriguing interiors, fascinating features and familiar characters. Check out the wands at Ollivanders™; drop in on Gilderoy Lockhart™'s book-signing event at Flourish & Blotts™ bookseller; obtain a love potion from Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes™; and peruse the products and paraphernalia at Scribbulus™ Writing Implements, Quality Quidditch™ Supplies, Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor and the Daily Prophet™.

Cool collectible building toys
The extensive range of LEGO models and playsets provide fans of the Harry Potter Universe with endless imaginative fun and creative display possibilities.

• This large LEGO® Harry Potter™ Diagon Alley™ (75978) display model gives fans of the Harry Potter movies aged 16 and up a chance to recreate magical London’s most magical shopping street.
  • Includes Ollivanders™ Wand Shop, Scribbulus™ Writing Implements, Quality Quidditch™ Supplies, Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, Flourish & Blotts™ bookseller, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes™ and the Daily Prophet™ entrance.
  • Authentic accessories and familiar minifigures from the Harry Potter™ movies makeit possible to create a ‘living model’ with endless possibilities to rearrange and create new narratives.
  • This challenging and rewarding construction set makes a great Christmas or birthday gift for kids, Harry Potter™ fans, model enthusiasts and lovers of LEGO® brick building aged 16 and up.
  • Measuring over 11” (29cm) high, 40” (102cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep, this LEGO® Harry Potter™ Diagon Alley™ set is crammed to the rooftops with authentic details.
  • No batteries required. This modular construction set provides a hands-on, fulfilling building experience. Even the famous hat-lifting entrance to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes™ is powered by hand.
  • If you’re thinking of buying this remarkable model as a gift for someone new to LEGO® building kits, don't worry – it comes with easy-to-follow, printed building instructions. Open the box and let the building fun begin!
  • LEGO® Harry Potter™ sets contain favorite characters, amazing features and familiar locations from the popular movies. They make ideal gifts for anyone wanting to recreate the movie magic.
  • LEGO® construction toys meet the highest industry standards to ensure every brick is consistent and compatible, connecting and pulling apart perfectly every time – no magic required!
  • All LEGO® bricks and pieces are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure each one meets the highest safety standards in the world.

Are these both descriptions of DA or is one fake and the other real?

Just now, karrit said:

If you use the Brickset forums there was a post from Minifigures Plus on August 4 to place a pre-order with them for $209 for the full box or $69 for the set of 16 figures with free shipping in US additional shipping charge for International shipping.  You need to PM them through the forum to order at these prices.  Don't know if they still have availability but they aren't shipping until mid September.  You can find the post under Brickset.com articles on their forums.

Thank you! 

8 minutes ago, Modal said:

Idk how some people are getting so lucky with Targets but I went to like 5 and had no luck in any of them.

I know. I get so mad. Ive been to 6 and no luck. 

51 minutes ago, deskp said:

As it stand now,  Quality quidditch supplies  shares a exterior architecture design with:

eyelops owl emporium
Slug & jiggers apothecary

Mr. mullpepper's apothecary

potages cauldron shop

So if lego makes *curent* Quidditch store,  we get a blueprint for building all these stores. Just swap the colors and change out the inventory

Just as Scribbulus  shares a "blueprint" with     wiseacre's wizarding equipment

Where are you finding pictures and/or blueprint details to reference?  I'd love to know some source material so I can make some additional shops using appropriate colors.

20 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

5544 pieces This is a set that will delight Harry Potter fans who have recreated the most beautiful shopping district in London, "Diagon Yokocho™️". It's like a movie! Shopping street full of details A powerful model with a width of about 1 meter is a lively shopping district with everything you need for magic. There are a lot of amazing interiors and functions in the wonderful cityscape with familiar characters! Look at the cane at the Olivander™️ store, line up with Gilderoy Lockhart's autograph session at the Florish & Blotz™️ bookstore, buy loved ones at Weasley Wizard Wees™️, After examining the equipment, let's take a look at high-class Quidditch Equipment Store™️, Florian Fortescue Ice Cream Parlor, and Nikkan Prophet Newspaper™️! An endless adventure of magic and mystery The set of the LEGO®️ Harry Potter series is a wonderful set that includes your favorite characters, magical creatures, familiar places, etc. You can enjoy the magical world fully by reproducing the famous scenes of the movie in your room! It is also a perfect gift for birthdays and Christmas. It is a set that can reproduce the most beautiful shopping street in London, "Diagon Yokocho". Olivander™️ store, Scribbles™️ writing instrument store, luxury Quidditch equipment store™️, Florian Fortescue ice cream parlor, Florish & Brots™️ bookstore, Weasley Wizard Weases™️, Daily Prophet Newspaper™️ There are lots of famous shops that appear in movies, such as the entrance! A full range of accessories and mini-figs give endless possibilities to a "lively model", creating an endless story. Combine it with other LEGO®️ Harry Potter™️ series sets for even more fun. It is also perfect for birthday and Christmas gifts. (Target age: 16 years old or older) The size of Diagon Yokocho™️ is about 29 cm in height × 102 cm in width × 13 cm in depth. It has a lot of realistic details, is well-assembled, and you can play and enjoy the powerful display. No batteries required. Use your creativity as energy to embark on a magical adventure! Is this your first LEGO®️? Don't worry. With easy-to-understand assembly instructions, children can assemble with confidence! LEGO®️ Harry Potter™️ can be used to recreate famous movie scenes, create your own stories, and coolly display them for all ages

I meant to include this to in my previous post so which description is the right one?

1 minute ago, karrit said:

Where are you finding pictures and/or blueprint details to reference?  I'd love to know some source material so I can make some additional shops using appropriate colors.

Not literal blueprint, but sure.

Just now, bluedog1111 said:

I meant to include this to in my previous post so which description is the right one?

Both descriptions are real, but the "Alley" description was written in English and the "Yokocho" description is translated from Japanese.

10 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

There really isn't going to be a big enough display cabinet for all of this is there? ?

We better make a petition to IKEA for a bigger display case...:grin:

3 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

Anyway, in other news, a seller on Mercari is already selling the series 2 minifigures for $20 each :facepalm:

And of course some will buy them, justifying that stupid inflated price.

In other strike out news, went to four Targets(Northern California) and nothing...I did see the tags on the shelves. Just to hopefully clarify, will the sets officially be in Target on the 14th, as that’s the shipping date on the site? Even though I believe the Burrow pre order was for the 15th.

Edited by Vindicare

Just now, Vindicare said:

And of course some will buy them, justifying that stupid inflated price. 

Yep, can confirm, a few of them already sold!

6 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

We better make a petition to IKEA for a bigger display case...:grin: 

Will need a bigger house too though lol.

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Will need a bigger house too though lol.

So true...it’s like I said earlier on, we all need a tent like the Weasley’s had. That would be ideal. Especially if you can keep expanding as needed. :tongue:

18 minutes ago, deskp said:

Not literal blueprint, but sure.

Thanks.  I've seen that, was hoping to find something a little more looking straight at the fronts of some of the buildings for window shapes & placement, doors & such.  I've been searching a few times on the internet but this picture is pretty much all I've found so far.

2 minutes ago, karrit said:

Thanks.  I've seen that, was hoping to find something a little more looking straight at the fronts of some of the buildings for window shapes & placement, doors & such.  I've been searching a few times on the internet but this picture is pretty much all I've found so far.

just walk around and click wehre you want to see..

1 minute ago, deskp said:

just walk around and click wehre you want to see..

Was just doing that.  Pretty nice layout.  Madam Malkin's is going to take a bit of figuring out with those curved windows & doorway arches.  Most of the others are fairly simple to reproduce once the instructions get published.

In Orlando theme park the Shops from the Diagon Alley D2C are exactly one next to the other, except the Fortescue Ice Cream Parlour that is in front of Ollivanders