Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, strangely said:

He makes legoleak news videos, he already stated he knows as much as the rest of us.

This doesn't need to escalate to the usual witch hunt.

Once again...the pain He Who Shall Not Be Named caused puts us all on defense.

At least we can all agree we love LEGO!

Just now, StudsMcBrickerson said:

Once again...the pain He Who Shall Not Be Named caused puts us all on defense.

At least we can all agree we love LEGO!

Grr why are there two He who Must not be Named’s In the community, I can never tell which ones being referred to lol

So yea 5in depth is kind small isn’t it? The way the description was worded made it sound like they want it to feel like a lived in, bustling street. I hope we get some sort of path/road like Assembly Square

Edited by Modal

2 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

"Roads!!! Where we`re going, we don't need roads!"

I don't think there will be a lot of pavement, maybe in front of some buildings like the Daily Prophet office or Florean Fortescue a few studs (3-5) deep but not more to accomodate a sitting area. However not in front of larger shops with a big interior like WWW or F&B

I just hope it'll look like a cohesive display piece without the pavement. The 2011 set is great and has lots of details, but on display it looks less like an alley and more like 3 totally separate buildings sitting next to each other.

1 minute ago, Modal said:

So yea 5cm depth is kind small isn’t it? The way the description was worded made it sound like they want it to feel like a lived in, bustling street. I hope we get some sort of path/road like Assembly Square

Wait where’s 5cm come from?

Anyway, I still think any street would be a waste of pieces :P

Edited by sammy_zammy

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

I think they meant 5 inches

11 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

MandR has been in the LAN for quite a few months now and he does still do 'leak' videos, by which I mean he gathers info from places, including this forum, and makes a video. He did mention recently in a video he was getting pressure from people not to make those videos which he thinks is crazy considering he is only compiling information from elsewhere and making a video on it and I agree with him. He's not technically 'leaking' anything himself and it's often funny to watch his 'leak' video and see him reporting the info we've already been discussing and sometimes even screenshotting this forum. ?

Ah sry I haven`t watched a lot of his latest videos. I just remembered his little feud with Solid Brix from a while ago. Well he is playing with fire and they might skip over him the next time they select LAN members. I know that Hachiroku92 did get in this year and he is making really good content.

5 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Someone didn`t convert their freedom units correctly :wink:

Edited by Metanoios91

I think a road would be inexpensive to moc up once you have the set rather than lego do it and take parts away from other aspects of the set

6 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I think a road would be inexpensive to moc up once you have the set rather than lego do it and take parts away from other aspects of the set

Yeah, I'm fine with this. A few plates and a bunch of grey tiles to make a path isn't too hard to make, even for someone as uncreative as me

Edited by Zepthire

Yea sorry boys meant 5 in lol and I’m American for God’s sake!

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Are you sure you're still having freedom pulsating in your veins? Maybe the evil metric demons got you in your sleep and have secretly infiltrated your mind :grin: Or is one of your parents or grandparents, for example, Canadian?

7 minutes ago, Modal said:

You’re joining the dark- I mean, the sensible, easy to do calculations on, side.

2 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

10 new pages to the forum and still no reveal or new leak ? LEGO is doing this on purpose to torture us ?

I did say when we reached 500 pages - let’s aim for 600 before reveal next! And we’re already a third of the way there lol

I don't think anyone's mentioned it, but around a week ago Marcos Bessa confirmed that the "Muggles Are Our Friends" poster is in fact not an official LEGO piece. (In the comments of a post by Instagram user @exabrickslegogo)

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I don't think anyone's mentioned it, but around a week ago Marcos Bessa confirmed that the "Muggles Are Our Friends" poster is in fact not an official LEGO piece. (In the comments of a post by Instagram user @exabrickslegogo)

Phew, glad that was finally put to rest, though we would’ve known for sure whether it was real within the next few days so :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

At last we can forget that thing. Thank you for the great spot :thumbup: Cool to see a designer commenting and just shows that they do follow this community. Here's the actual post if others are interested: 

8 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

10 new pages to the forum and still no reveal or new leak ? LEGO is doing this on purpose to torture us ?

Yeah, I'm getting really antsy for a reveal 

13 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Tbh I'd rather have pieces go towards a small street like the modular buildings than to a back wall on all the shops. 

Definetely agree with this, a small street would really add to the DA aesthetic (can't really give us a Diagon Alley set without the alley itself without it being weird) and no backsides means there's a lot more light coming into the shops. 

Also, this set will probably look amazing with LED lights in it!

Blurry close-ups are often fake because it`s easier to hide obvious Photoshop edits that way. A mobile camera would auto-focus on something, not just blur the table and the tile. Well someone invested/wasted a few hours to create a fake print, kudos to them

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Definetely agree with this, a small street would really add to the DA aesthetic (can't really give us a Diagon Alley set without the alley itself without it being weird) and no backsides means there's a lot more light coming into the shops. 

Also, this set will probably look amazing with LED lights in it!

I will definitely be grabbing the Light My Bricks set for this once it comes out!

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

I will definitely be grabbing the Light My Bricks set for this once it comes out!

I'd love to but I find Light My Bricks to be horribly expensive most of the time

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'd love to but I find Light My Bricks to be horribly expensive most of the time

It’s super expensive yea. I got their tree house set though and it’s so much better than the Brickloot one I got for another set. And they use real legos.

Yeah buy the LEDs, cables and power supply from an electronics retailer and not in prepackaged sets. They are really overpriced. You can find some good tutorials on the web and save a lot of dollars that way. Other advantages are that you can choose the light temperature and you can even get some with flickering effect