Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I asked my sister and a friend. My sister mentioned WWW, Flourish and Blotts, and Olivanders. My friend also mentioned those as well as Gringotts.

22 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

@Marvelous Spidey I'd be really interested to hear their responses, and if anybody else asks anybody the same question. ?

My brother said, “The bank, uh the pub, probably the joke shop,” and my mother said, “The outside—just the bricks.” Interesting answers to say the least :head_back:

Edited by Holden Brickfield

I just checked when LEGO revealed the City Square set yesterday on Instagram and it seems that was at 16:00 CEST (which is 53 minutes from now). So a reveal is still possible.

EDIT: Turns out it was tweeted as well at the same time. However the message on Facebook was 30 minutes later. :thinking:

Edited by Salix

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Asked my mum and sister the same thing. My mum said Gringotts and WWW would be the most important and for my sister it's WWW and Ollivanders

Interesting. Are either a fan of HP or Lego or both? It also shows how much WWW has become a part of DA for a lot of people, despite some people on here having voiced the opinion that they wouldn't mind it being left out of DA for now in favour of other shops. I suppose it just shows that Lego can't really win. :classic:

14 minutes ago, SupesBatsy said:

Asked my mother as well and she's team Ollivander lol 

She considers Gringott something else, like almost another street 

Just like mine then. :thumbup: Seems the opinion is more prevalent than I would have expected. 

9 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

"Immediately? Flourish & Blotts (the bookshop)"

Good choice. F&B is the main part of DA for COS so that's makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Salix said:

I asked my sister and a friend. My sister mentioned WWW, Flourish and Blotts, and Olivanders. My friend also mentioned those as well as Gringotts.

Gringotts really isn't coming up as much as I think we might all expect which is really fascinating. Is your sister a fan of the books or has she just watched the movies or neither? Her response seems like it relates to what predominates each movie.

3 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

My brother said, “The bank, uh the pub, probably the joke shop,” and my mother said, “the outside—just the bricks.” Interesting answers to say the least :head_back:

Your brother sounds like he knows where his priorities lie lol. Money, food and having a good laugh lol. But he mentioned Gringotts!

Your mother's answer is adorable. ? Mine did also say when I then told her there was a Lego set coming 'Oh and it will have the cobbled street right?' Err, not so sure it will stretch to all of that mum! But it shows the old style architecture is heavily associated with the street.

Edited by BacktoBricks
Spelling

I could understand a Gringotts being excluded as part of a D2C set with a plan to release a $120 set in the future that would be widely available. I’m sure there will be people that will be disappointed that you can only get Olivanders in a $400 set. Hopefully it will be fairly modular so the buildings can be separated a sold on eBay. 

What if we do get a GWP that its the brick entrance?

As some of you pointed out, it doesnt seem to be in the actual set, and the chances of getting a LC set is pretty low too.

You got to admit this seems like a very Lego move for them to do.

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

As some of you pointed out, it doesnt seem to be in the actual set, and the chances of getting a LC set is pretty low too.

Wouldn't hate it. Better than being entirely absent.

29 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Gringotts really isn't coming up as much as I think we might all expect which is really fascinating. Is your sister a fan of the books or has she just watched the movies or neither? Her response seems like it relates to what predominates each movie.

Both, she has seen the movies a lot (as do I) and she read all the books I think (I still haven't :S). When prompted she did consider Gringotts to be part of DA.

EDIT: Turns out she read all books except 5 and 6. Why? I don't know. :P

Edited by Salix

I remember getting slated for suggesting it'd be cool if they broke up DA into multiple sets sold over time (OK, a few years more) and now it seems to be becoming a highly likely possibility because of Gringotts and (very hopefully) leaky couldron :laugh_hard:

I do hope that the Leaky couldron would be included with Gringotts (if that becomes its own set) as I also think by itself, it wouldn't get a release... 

Absolutely ecstatic about what it sounds like we are getting though! The lack of a leaky couldron isn't too bad, can easily moc one in a similar style front as the rest of the shops. 

To me as a casual fan who is still reading the books (not made it past the first one yet haha) and has watched the films, Diagon Alley isnt just about Gringotts, but all the other little shops that make an alley, sith Gringotts as the head of it. Do I need Gringotts to feel like a complete DA? Nope. Could it do with it? Yep. So I'm happy and hoping for its own seperate set. 

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

That would be very cool. It would theoretically also be fairly easy to MOC, assuming there aren’t any exclusive prints, which wouldn’t really hinder a MOC, it just wouldn’t have the prints. I might also just build the little brick entrance from the Build Your Own Adventure Book. It’s simple but it’s effective. Might modify it too

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Your mother's answer is adorable. ? Mine did also say when I then told her there was a Lego set coming 'Oh and it will have the cobbled street right?' Err, not so sure it will stretch to all of that mum! But it shows the old style architecture is heavily associated with the street.

I will admit my mother probably could’ve worded it better but I think she was specifically talking about the brick entrance, an aspect which I do hope makes it into the final model, even without LC. Very fascinating to hear other people’s family’s responses! 

Just to give everyone a sense of scale - my Hogwarts display takes up the entire length of a horizontal 54 inch bookcase top. The 40 inch mark falls exactly where the Astronomy Tower begins.

zKpGhLu_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

If my business sense continues to prove right (I always knew Gringott’s or WWW would be released as a separate set with a more accessible price point and wider distribution), we should plan for the new Gringott’s set to take up that last 14 inches of display length.

All together, it’s going to be a very impressive presentation. Now I just need to order another one of these bookshelves! Can’t wait for this reveal!

9 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

I remember getting slated for suggesting it'd be cool if they broke up DA into multiple sets sold over time (OK, a few years more) and now it seems to be becoming a highly likely possibility because of Gringotts and (very hopefully) leaky couldron :laugh_hard:

Haha same here! got slammed for suggesting they may do Gringotts as its own since its such a big important building. 

5 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

I will admit my mother probably could’ve worded it better but I think she was specifically talking about the brick entrance, an aspect which I do hope makes it into the final model, even without LC. Very fascinating to hear other people’s family’s responses! 

Her answer was really cute and totally valid. ? If she did mean the brick entrance that's also an understandable response. I'm hoping for some sort of moving brick feature.

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Just to give everyone a sense of scale - my Hogwarts display takes up the entire length of a horizontal 54 inch bookcase top. The 40 inch mark falls exactly where the Astronomy Tower begins.

If my business sense continues to prove right (I always knew Gringott’s or WWW would be released as a separate set with a more accessible price point and wider distribution), we should plan for the new Gringott’s set to take up that last 14 inches of display length.

All together, it’s going to be a very impressive presentation. Now I just need to order another one of these bookshelves! Can’t wait for this reveal!

While I did get the old tape measure out, this is a good visual display LEGO style. Thanks! As big a Harry Potter fan, and as a big LEGO fan, I will still have to wait at least until next year for Diagon Alley, though. :-( I am happily building my Nintendo, which I purchased knowing full well this set was coming, but the likely $400 is just too steep for my family's finances right now. But it gives me time to figure out what non LEGO things I can sell to start the Diagon Alley fund for next year (much like what I did selling items to purchase the Nintendo). I support a family of four, so I figure out creative ways to afford my habit. :-)

16 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Wait, thats how it looks when its fully assembled?

Jesus, it looks beatiful, I guess I'll have to get the whole sets now.

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

Wait, thats how it looks when its fully assembled?

Jesus, it looks beatiful, I guess I'll have to get the whole sets now.

Thanks! I had to split up the Whomping Willow set to achieve a clean, linear look. So the little potions store room from that set is connected to the right of the Great Hall and the rest of the set is connected between the Clocktower and the Astronomy Tower. And, displayed this way, the Room of Requirement connects perfectly behind the Astronomy Tower. (The bookshelf is ~14 inches deep.) 

2 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

So there is no chance of a reveal today now?

44 minutes ago, Salix said:

I just checked when LEGO revealed the City Square set yesterday on Instagram and it seems that was at 16:00 CEST (which is 53 minutes from now). So a reveal is still possible.

EDIT: Turns out it was tweeted as well at the same time. However the message on Facebook was 30 minutes later. :thinking:

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Thanks! I had to split up the Whomping Willow set to achieve a clean, linear look. So the little potions store room from that set is connected to the right of the Great Hall and the rest of the set is connected between the Clocktower and the Astronomy Tower. And, displayed this way, the Room of Requirement connects perfectly behind the Astronomy Tower. (The bookshelf is ~14 inches deep.) 

Man, that's clever.

Dont mind if I steal your ideas hahah

29 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Looks great. My plan was to put the clock tower to the left of the great hall but I'll put it like this if that doesn't work. This series reboot is so visually appealing.

Just now, Zepthire said:

Looks great. My plan was to put the clock tower to the left of the great hall but I'll put it like this if that doesn't work. This series reboot is so visually appealing.

Thanks! That was my original plan, too, (screen accuracy and all) but I think it looks much more appealing this way. The Clocktower set really is the perfect centerpiece between the other two big sets.

Lego already posted on Instagram today so I doubt the reveal is today