Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

No way there’s no Gringotts or Leaky Cauldron with that piece count? I’m seriously devastated 

Edited by Modal

6 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Same first I was like I’m buying Diagon Alley first beyond a shadow on a doubt, then that Ponda figure leaked and I’m like, well this might be closer than I thought. Then I remembered that DA would probably have Lockhart, and obvious to everyone who’s been following these threads for the last three years, he’s the minifig I’ve been most excited for since the revival and finally seeing a new minifig of him since the OG yellow face days is going to be amazing. I’m a big Lockhart fanboy. So Team DA for lyfe. 

I'm struggling. Customising a Mos Eisley Cantina (from the 2014 and 18 sets) was the first thing I did when I refound my interest on lego 1,5 years ago. The Mos Eisley Cantina UCS is the dream set I never thought would be made... But I have my own MOC and recently I've been more into lego HP so tough decisions ahead...

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

5544 pieces This is a set that will delight Harry Potter fans who have recreated the most beautiful shopping district in London, "Diagon Yokocho™️". It's like a movie! Shopping street full of details A powerful model with a width of about 1 meter is a lively shopping district with everything you need for magic. There are a lot of amazing interiors and functions in the wonderful cityscape with familiar characters! Look at the cane at the Olivander™️ store, line up with Gilderoy Lockhart's autograph session at the Florish & Blotz™️ bookstore, buy loved ones at Weasley Wizard Wees™️, After examining the equipment, let's take a look at high-class Quidditch Equipment Store™️, Florian Fortescue Ice Cream Parlor, and Nikkan Prophet Newspaper™️! An endless adventure of magic and mystery The set of the LEGO®️ Harry Potter series is a wonderful set that includes your favorite characters, magical creatures, familiar places, etc. You can enjoy the magical world fully by reproducing the famous scenes of the movie in your room! It is also a perfect gift for birthdays and Christmas. It is a set that can reproduce the most beautiful shopping street in London, "Diagon Yokocho". Olivander™️ store, Scribbles™️ writing instrument store, luxury Quidditch equipment store™️, Florian Fortescue ice cream parlor, Florish & Brots™️ bookstore, Weasley Wizard Weases™️, Daily Prophet Newspaper™️ There are lots of famous shops that appear in movies, such as the entrance! A full range of accessories and mini-figs give endless possibilities to a "lively model", creating an endless story. Combine it with other LEGO®️ Harry Potter™️ series sets for even more fun. It is also perfect for birthday and Christmas gifts. (Target age: 16 years old or older) The size of Diagon Yokocho™️ is about 29 cm in height × 102 cm in width × 13 cm in depth. It has a lot of realistic details, is well-assembled, and you can play and enjoy the powerful display. No batteries required. Use your creativity as energy to embark on a magical adventure! Is this your first LEGO®️? Don't worry. With easy-to-understand assembly instructions, children can assemble with confidence! LEGO®️ Harry Potter™️ can be used to recreate famous movie scenes, create your own stories, and coolly display them for all ages

Woah, so I guess this means no Gringotts?  This all but confirms that it will be a set next year.  Personally, I'm more disappointed that the Leaky Cauldron doesn't seem to be included, as that would have a smaller chance of getting its own set compared to Gringotts.  I wonder what the odds are of this set getting an expansion are?  It doesn't seem impossible if the Ninjago Movie could get both the Ninjago City and the Ninjago City Docks sets.

Edited by spiderfan2000

2 hours ago, MooneyRemus said:

I reckon they mean they’re willing it to be true, and by saying it out loud it might become true. Like making a wish on Genie’s lamp lol. 

It’s more like a law of attraction thing. Affirmations are today’s beesknees:laugh: 

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

5544 pieces This is a set that will delight Harry Potter fans who have recreated the most beautiful shopping district in London, "Diagon Yokocho™️". It's like a movie! Shopping street full of details A powerful model with a width of about 1 meter is a lively shopping district with everything you need for magic. There are a lot of amazing interiors and functions in the wonderful cityscape with familiar characters! Look at the cane at the Olivander™️ store, line up with Gilderoy Lockhart's autograph session at the Florish & Blotz™️ bookstore, buy loved ones at Weasley Wizard Wees™️, After examining the equipment, let's take a look at high-class Quidditch Equipment Store™️, Florian Fortescue Ice Cream Parlor, and Nikkan Prophet Newspaper™️! An endless adventure of magic and mystery The set of the LEGO®️ Harry Potter series is a wonderful set that includes your favorite characters, magical creatures, familiar places, etc. You can enjoy the magical world fully by reproducing the famous scenes of the movie in your room! It is also a perfect gift for birthdays and Christmas. It is a set that can reproduce the most beautiful shopping street in London, "Diagon Yokocho". Olivander™️ store, Scribbles™️ writing instrument store, luxury Quidditch equipment store™️, Florian Fortescue ice cream parlor, Florish & Brots™️ bookstore, Weasley Wizard Weases™️, Daily Prophet Newspaper™️ There are lots of famous shops that appear in movies, such as the entrance! A full range of accessories and mini-figs give endless possibilities to a "lively model", creating an endless story. Combine it with other LEGO®️ Harry Potter™️ series sets for even more fun. It is also perfect for birthday and Christmas gifts. (Target age: 16 years old or older) The size of Diagon Yokocho™️ is about 29 cm in height × 102 cm in width × 13 cm in depth. It has a lot of realistic details, is well-assembled, and you can play and enjoy the powerful display. No batteries required. Use your creativity as energy to embark on a magical adventure! Is this your first LEGO®️? Don't worry. With easy-to-understand assembly instructions, children can assemble with confidence! LEGO®️ Harry Potter™️ can be used to recreate famous movie scenes, create your own stories, and coolly display them for all ages

1 meter of shops, thats three feet of buildings. It'll probably be great to look at. And it looks like well be getting Lockhart too. But no Gringotts :( 

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Combine it with other LEGO®️ Harry Potter™️ series sets for even more fun.

Thanks for this @Falconfan1414! I think this is the most interesting sentence in the whole description. As many of us have already said, we are almost certainly guaranteed to get Gringott’s (and maybe even Borgin and Burke’s and the Leaky Cauldron) as separate sets that can be connected to Diagon Alley. I for one am thrilled.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Thanks for this @Falconfan1414! I think this is the most interesting sentence in the whole description. As many of us have already said, we are almost certainly guaranteed to get Gringott’s (and maybe even Borgin and Burke’s and the Leaky Cauldron) as separate sets that can be connected to Diagon Alley. I for one am thrilled.

Good catch. 5500 pieces for just those store is going to be an amazing sight to hold. As long as the add ones are as detailed as this set I am ok with it. At least it gives us something to look forward to!

I really want to make it feel like a living street/town, so the more the merrier!

5 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Woah, so I guess this means no Gringotts?  This all but confirms that it will be a set next year.  Personally, I'm more disappointed that the Leaky Cauldron doesn't seem to be included, as that would have a smaller chance of getting its own set compared to Gringotts.

Not necessarily, it specifically says “There are lots of famous shops that appear in movies, such as the entrance!” Perhaps they simply left out the name?

Why would it say "combine it with other sets" if they aren't announcing Gringotts until next year? Have they ever referred to future sets like that?

Oh boy... The decision is getting even harder if Gringotts is really is omitted. The set has to look veeery special to win me over without Gringotts :'D An additional Gringotts would be great but I, for one, can't imagine buying the DA before at least seeing the missing piece (Gringotts) and its price. 

Edited by thenudeorganist

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Why would it say "combine it with other sets" if they aren't announcing Gringotts until next year? Have they ever referred to future sets like that?

maybe the mean the previous Diagon Alley set

I would LOVE for them to continue this series similar to the Modular buildings, Add Gringotts next year, B&B the next, entire London year after that! Lol

1 minute ago, Sheesh417 said:

They wouldn’t refer to retired sets that are almost a decade old.

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

Diagon Yokocho? I mean I understand that’s a japanese term for alley? But why?

Because the info came from Japanese Lego website.

1 minute ago, Sheesh417 said:

That seems unlikely because this wave seems to be a reset from the previous wave...but who knows.

I'm hoping this means we get an official reveal tomorrow!

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Maybe it’s the extra surprise set with an underground scene that noknow mentioned! Haha.

I wonder what “magical creatures” they are referring to... Owls and rats are the obvious answer. Could we maybe be getting a new Crookshanks too? Or some Cornish pixies? I can’t think of any other magical creatures in Diagon Alley...  

What a bummer, especially at that piece count... personally if WWW or Gringott’s had to take the axe it would of been WWW, I can wait a year for WWW but Gringotts is literally the centerpiece. Am I still excited? yeah but man does that kinda suck. Is it a smart business decision? Yeah, but I’m not too thrilled by it myself. When I’m paying $400 for a lego set, I’m kinda expecting the most crucial part of it to be included. It’s one thing to pay $100 for modulars or add ons, it’s another when you’re paying $400

Edited by RODDY

2 minutes ago, RODDY said:

What a bummer, especially at that piece count... personally if WWW or Gringott’s had to take the axe it would of been WWW, I can wait a year for WWW but Gringotts is literally the centerpiece. Am I still excited? yeah but man does that kinda suck. Is it a smart business decision? Yeah, but I’m not too thrilled by it myself. When I’m paying $400 for a lego set, I’m kinda expecting the most crucial parts of it to be included. 

Definitely a bummer, but at least we know gringotts will be coming at some point based on the description. It’s weird that they would say that for future sets though. Which other sets could be connected to DA? The burrow? Lol

Edited by Modal

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Owls and rats

I will riot if the "magical" creatures end up being owls and rats :DD But yeah, I could see them including pygmy puff with Ginny potentially. It was after all purchased from WWW if I recall correctly.

Edited by thenudeorganist

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Well that next year-thing is an educated assumption, but it’s not confirmed after all. LEGO isn’t a stranger to teasing the next waves with one set anyway. (PoA based Hogwarts express in 2018)

2 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

Because the info came from Japanese Lego website.

Huh, for some reason I believed the set wouldn’t be called Diagon Alley (not because of kingnono) so the obvious reason definitely didn’t cross my mind haha. 

While it’s a bummer Gringotts doesn’t seem to be in the set, out of all the buildings they could have skipped over it’s certainly the one most likely to get its own set, probably next year in fact, so it’s something I’ll begrudgingly accept. 

The fact that this seems to confirm the ice cream parlor as being a fully realized storefront is pretty awesome though. And the phrase “includes your favoritecharacters, magical creatures, familiar places, etc.“ sounds very promising. 

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Well that next year-thing is an educated assumption, but it’s not confirmed after all. LEGO isn’t a stranger to teasing the next waves with one set anyway. (PoA based Hogwarts express in 2018)

That set didn't specifically refer to connecting to other sets though. Regardless, I'm still excited that LEGO is saying that, so at least they're (presumably) thinking about Gringotts!

Edited by YetiZombie

10 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Maybe it’s the extra surprise set with an underground scene that noknow mentioned! Haha.

Is that what you dream of at night? ?

10 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I wonder what “magical creatures” they are referring to... Owls and rats are the obvious answer. Could we maybe be getting a new Crookshanks too? Or some Cornish pixies? I can’t think of any other magical creatures in Diagon Alley...  

I wouldn't insist too much on this phrase(s). Those texts are optimized in terms of keyword usage so they might use phrases that don't fit accurately to the product. Nevertheless, I'll be happy for every new creature too!

Edited by 8fifty

One thing that I don't think people have mentioned - the description says the target age is 16 and over. That means this probably won't have the 18+ black box that a lot of people were afraid of :classic: