Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

24 minutes ago, stoker86 said:

Given that Assembly Square is 4,002 pieces and goes for $279, Ninjago City was 4,867 pieces and went for $299 it has seemed unlikely to me all along that a set for $399 will be in the 4,000-ish piece range. Even if Hogwarts was microscale it had 6020 pieces for the same price! I think the 5444 rumor is plausible. How could they justify 2,000ish less pieces at the same price point? 

That’s true - Assembly Square is $120 cheaper and over 4,000 pieces. It would definitely be a bit upsetting for this to be between 4,000-4,500.

Ghostbusters is 4,634 for $350.

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Let’s just say I got a Instagram dm from the guy who posted it asking what I thought of it and if I thought it was real or not

Even if the rumor itself isn’t real, I think having 5,000+ pieces is still a reasonable number for the price range. 5,444 would be a dream but a couple hundred off of that I would still be pumped for.

Edited by Modal

22 minutes ago, Modal said:

That’s true - Assembly Square is $120 cheaper and over 4,000 pieces. It would definitely be a bit upsetting for this to be between 4,000-4,500.

Ghostbusters is 4,634 for $350.

Even if the rumor itself isn’t real, I think having 5,000+ pieces is still a reasonable number for the price range. 5,444 would be a dream but a couple hundred off of that I would still be pumped for.

I agree, If it was anything less than 5000 pieces, I would find the set to be underwhelming. 5500 is a good amount of pieces given that the Hogwarts castle was 6020 pieces and looked great

Edited by Sheesh417

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

Yea I’m glad to see you edit that post :wink:

Yeah I definitely gave it a second thought, given peoples opinion on the "touchy" topic. 

Hunted at 6 different Targets today, no CMFs. They all have the new sets though, one even had The Burrow

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

6 hours ago, diagonalley said:

I'm in Colorado too. What part are you in and which Target was this? :)

I saw Astronomy Tower and Private Drive at Quincy Buckley

5,444 does sound pretty great for DA if it’s true. That would give it around 1000 pieces each for WWW and Gringotts (which better be included for that piece count), 650 each for Ollivander’s and F&B (since they need interiors), 450 each for Scribbulus, QQS, the Daily Prophet offices, and Fortescue’s, and a couple hundred left over for some roadway and a brick wall play feature to represent the entrance. 

15 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Hunted at 6 different Targets today, no CMFs. They all have the new sets though, one even had The Burrow

Where are these targets!? 

11 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

5,444 does sound pretty great for DA if it’s true. That would give it around 1000 pieces each for WWW and Gringotts (which better be included for that piece count), 650 each for Ollivander’s and F&B (since they need interiors), 450 each for Scribbulus, QQS, the Daily Prophet offices, and Fortescue’s, and a couple hundred left over for some roadway and a brick wall play feature to represent the entrance. 

My guess is that WWW won't be very big (a floor tall plus a bit) because the big windows at the front use a ton of parts.

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

My guess is that WWW won't be very big (a floor tall plus a bit) because the big windows at the front use a ton of parts.

I completely disagree. Just looking at the design of the building, there's no way they could do it at anything under two floors, and even then it would be rather squished. I'm expecting three floors, and that it will be the largest building in the set (counting Gringotts, as I see that as having much less space for interior, as it would just be the entrance hall rather than WWW needing space for all the merch).

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Diagon alley piece count was 100 pieces off

5500? :wink:

#TeamGringotts is back! 

Edited by Modal

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Diagon alley piece count was 100 pieces off

Well damn, 5300-5500 sounds almost too good. They can surely fit Gringotts, WWW, and the others. I really hope this set will either be the best set I've ever seen or a total disappointment because I'm already sweating the decision between it and the incoming UCS Mos Eisley Cantina...

Edited by thenudeorganist

7 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I completely disagree. Just looking at the design of the building, there's no way they could do it at anything under two floors, and even then it would be rather squished. I'm expecting three floors, and that it will be the largest building in the set (counting Gringotts, as I see that as having much less space for interior, as it would just be the entrance hall rather than WWW needing space for all the merch).

Right, I forgot that Gringotts can just have a small interior. The only reason I said that is because I am making a MOC of WWW and the piece count is really high and I have no interior yet :laugh:

100 pieces off?  Regardless of whether that means 5300 or 5500, that still is a great piece count for a $400 minifigure scale set.  The Harry Potter line really does have great pricing compared to other licensed themes.  Hopefully pictures will be imminent.

33 minutes ago, steam235 said:

I saw Astronomy Tower and Private Drive at Quincy Buckley

I'm genuinely shocked to see so many Colorado people on a Eurobricks forum ?

Just now, sebastian666 said:

as of 15 mins ago @Brotherfromanotherbrick is reporting that the new Diagon Alley set has 5,544 pieces!

Holy shit! I’m not going to be able to contain my hype now 

Where is he reporting this?

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Instagram

Are you back on the Gringotts train? :excited:

10 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

I'm already sweating the decision between it and the incoming UCS Mos Eisley Cantina...

Why not...both? #workworkwork ?

19 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

Well damn, 5300-5500 sounds almost too good. They can surely fit Gringotts, WWW, and the others. I really hope this set will either be the best set I've ever seen or a total disappointment because I'm already sweating the decision between it and the incoming UCS Mos Eisley Cantina...

Same first I was like I’m buying Diagon Alley first beyond a shadow on a doubt, then that Ponda figure leaked and I’m like, well this might be closer than I thought. Then I remembered that DA would probably have Lockhart, and obvious to everyone who’s been following these threads for the last three years, he’s the minifig I’ve been most excited for since the revival and finally seeing a new minifig of him since the OG yellow face days is going to be amazing. I’m a big Lockhart fanboy. So Team DA for lyfe. 

Edited by RODDY

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Are you back on the Gringotts train? :excited:

Haha I have always been on the Gringott’s train! It’s my favorite building on Diagon Alley. But I’m still not 100% convinced it will be included... This definitely makes me more hopeful though!

6 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Why not...both? #workworkwork ?

Tempting... but as a uni student, I cannot justify that :D Been working the whole summer to justify one larger lego purchase. Furthermore, I already have to make drastic changes to my room to even fit one of them on display :D

5544 pieces This is a set that will delight Harry Potter fans who have recreated the most beautiful shopping district in London, "Diagon Yokocho™️". It's like a movie! Shopping street full of details A powerful model with a width of about 1 meter is a lively shopping district with everything you need for magic. There are a lot of amazing interiors and functions in the wonderful cityscape with familiar characters! Look at the cane at the Olivander™️ store, line up with Gilderoy Lockhart's autograph session at the Florish & Blotz™️ bookstore, buy loved ones at Weasley Wizard Wees™️, After examining the equipment, let's take a look at high-class Quidditch Equipment Store™️, Florian Fortescue Ice Cream Parlor, and Nikkan Prophet Newspaper™️! An endless adventure of magic and mystery The set of the LEGO®️ Harry Potter series is a wonderful set that includes your favorite characters, magical creatures, familiar places, etc. You can enjoy the magical world fully by reproducing the famous scenes of the movie in your room! It is also a perfect gift for birthdays and Christmas. It is a set that can reproduce the most beautiful shopping street in London, "Diagon Yokocho". Olivander™️ store, Scribbles™️ writing instrument store, luxury Quidditch equipment store™️, Florian Fortescue ice cream parlor, Florish & Brots™️ bookstore, Weasley Wizard Weases™️, Daily Prophet Newspaper™️ There are lots of famous shops that appear in movies, such as the entrance! A full range of accessories and mini-figs give endless possibilities to a "lively model", creating an endless story. Combine it with other LEGO®️ Harry Potter™️ series sets for even more fun. It is also perfect for birthday and Christmas gifts. (Target age: 16 years old or older) The size of Diagon Yokocho™️ is about 29 cm in height × 102 cm in width × 13 cm in depth. It has a lot of realistic details, is well-assembled, and you can play and enjoy the powerful display. No batteries required. Use your creativity as energy to embark on a magical adventure! Is this your first LEGO®️? Don't worry. With easy-to-understand assembly instructions, children can assemble with confidence! LEGO®️ Harry Potter™️ can be used to recreate famous movie scenes, create your own stories, and coolly display them for all ages