Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

Do you know something? Or are you just speculating?

I reckon they mean they’re willing it to be true, and by saying it out loud it might become true. Like making a wish on Genie’s lamp lol. 

5 minutes ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

There is a rumor by @lego_fans_news_ taht the d2c will have 5444 pieces.

I’d been wondering if we’d ever get a rumored (specific) piece count for DA, would love this to be true

6 minutes ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

5,000 pieces for Gringotts hell yea!

Seriously though that would be an amazing piece count! That makes it the 3rd or 4th biggest set ever?

3 minutes ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

I really hope this is the case, that’s a phenomenal price to piece ratio and would be ample enough to give all the stores the justice they deserve. It also quells the fear that Gringotts may not be included imo.

That would be amazing if it's true. They did say that they just heard a rumor and they're not sure if it's true though. Also hope the price stays at $400 if that's the case.

Ninjago City was 4,867 pieces for $300 so this could be possible yea?

Edited by Modal

11 minutes ago, Modal said:

5,000 pieces for Gringotts hell yea!

Seriously though that would be an amazing piece count! That makes it the 3rd or 4th biggest set ever?

If we count both releases of the Taj Mahal as one set, Diagon Alley would be the 4th-largest set ever released, behind the 2017 UCS Millenium Falcon (7,541), 2018 Hogwarts Castle (6,020), and of course the Taj Mahal (5,922, plus a brick separator in the re-release). That being said, it would quickly be knocked down to fifth place by the Roman Coliseum, which is rumoured to include over 9,000 pieces! Still, HP having two of the five largest sets would be pretty amazing.

That seems almost too high a piece count for a $400 minifig scale set. Unless it has loads of small details on the interiors (which I’d love)?

Edited by sammy_zammy

13 minutes ago, Modal said:

Ninjago City was 4,867 pieces for $300 so this could be possible yea?

I hope. I have no idea if the HP tax is as big as the SW tax, which has become ludicrous lately.

5444 pieces? I'd love that. 400$? I hope it translates to 500CAD max. After all, the Sian was 380USD and 490CAD, so there's hope.

31 minutes ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

There is a rumor by @lego_fans_news_ that the d2c will have 5444 pieces.

As amazing as that sounds I find it somewhat unrealistic, especially at the ''low'' cost of $400. Unless DA includes a ton of smaller pieces :shrug_oh_well:

Sorry for the double post, but the earliest Instagram post I can find about this rumor is from an account with just 3 posts. The lego fan news account seems to just be reposting it 2 minutes after the original post.

I'd love for the piece count to be true, but not even the Instagram leaker is sure of it.

4 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Sorry for the double post, but the earliest Instagram post I can find about this rumor is from an account with just 3 posts. The lego fan news account seems to just be reposting it 2 minutes after the original post.

I'd love for the piece count to be true, but not even the Instagram leaker is sure of it.

lego_fan_news posted it on their story first, which is where account with 3 posts took it from. Then lego_fan_news made an actual post for it. But I agree that we shouldn't assume it's true, considering they say in their story that they're not sure about it.

Edited by YetiZombie

Seems a reasonable piece count to me. Slightly less than the (same price) Hogwarts D2C which had lots of small pieces - but also lots of big pieces in the base especially.

1 hour ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

Do you know something? Or are you just speculating?

Just speculation, given that there was a rumored piece count announced today and other sets from other themes have been revealed today 

Colour me sceptical :tongue: 71043 had just over 6000 pieces and was microscale with lots of small parts, so a 5400-piece-minifig-scale-DA at the same price does seem rather unrealistic. 4500 I could get behind

I would really hope for 5000 at least. Considering the sets that are around 4500 I don’t see that doing everything we hope to see

Given that Assembly Square is 4,002 pieces and goes for $279, Ninjago City was 4,867 pieces and went for $299 it has seemed unlikely to me all along that a set for $399 will be in the 4,000-ish piece range. Even if Hogwarts was microscale it had 6020 pieces for the same price! I think the 5444 rumor is plausible. How could they justify 2,000ish less pieces at the same price point? 

I don't see 5400 pieces to be improbable and it's exciting to think that we may get Gringotts after all, but I do think that 5444 pieces is an bizarre number. So, I'm skeptical for the time being.

Edited by Brick Guru

5500 pieces sounds like heaven! Especially for smaller pieces and hidden details ?

Perhaps there's a 100 coins to put in a Gringott vault? ?