Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

What time do sets typically get announced? If I remember the past few months correctly, I believe it was around 9AM PST. 

1 hour ago, bluedog1111 said:

Lets say nothing ever leaked for Diagon Alley. What would you all want to have be included in Diagon Alley? I would want the leaky cauldron, Grinngotts, WWW, Quality Quidditch, Scribbulus, Ollivanders, Flourish and Blotts, and Florian Fortescue.

Go back 100-400 pages and you'll be able to find one of the many hundreds of times we discussed this before anything about the DA leaked aside from the price. You might have to go through a few random pages of fake leaks and explaining to people why the DA won't be microscale before you find a shop list but it probably won't take too long. 

5 minutes ago, Modal said:

What time do sets typically get announced? If I remember the past few months correctly, I believe it was around 9AM PST. 

Usually it's between 3 and 4 pm (15:00 and 16:00) for us in the Netherlands so that would be 9 or 10 am in the US if I'm doing my timezones right :tongue:

EDIT: this might not apply to DA but it's the time most reveals tend to be at

Edited by Guyon2002

17 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I thought the price was confirmed to be $400. Has something changed or is it still $400?

@Guyon2002 I'll give them a call later this week. 

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Usually it's between 3 and 4 pm (15:00 and 16:00) for us in the Netherlands so that would be 9 or 10 am in the US if I'm doing my timezones right :tongue:

EDIT: this might not apply to DA but it's the time most reveals tend to be at

Just to clarify, I'm assuming you mean east coast time when referring to the US time? :P

10 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

So baby Harry has an H printed on him. That's gonna make him way less useful. ...

A little acetone will solve that problem.

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

I am not really a fan of the theme, but ths series has really cool pieces. I´ll get Neville with the monster book, Dumble Dore and the gnome with that great sword. I wonder why there are 5 different medium sized legs and torso-combination for Gryffendor and not a single one for the other houses. Lego could just reuse the Gryffendor print designs and change the colours and symbols.

Basically, the headlining characters of the series are all Gryffindors. As far as students go, the only main characters not in Gryffindor are Draco Malfoy and Luna Lovegood. It’s probably hard to squeeze in random students in Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff/Slytherin robes when you’re working around half the slots already filled by Potters, Weasleys, and Grangers - that’s why so many people were receptive to the idea of a CoS polyjuiced trio, it was a good opportunity for Slytherin robes. 

Good day.  Apologies up front if this is not helpful news for US collectors, especially around KY/OH/IN.  Walked into my local Target on a feeling this morning and discovered employees putting HP sets out on the shelf.  Surprised to say the least considering I am not in a coastal US state where they get things quicker, and it isn't 14 Aug yet.  Picked up the Astronomy Tower, Room of Req, and Forbidden Forest.  Also grabbed some of the new SW sets out.  Employees could not verify when the other sets would arrive.  Asked about when the CMF would come out and they had no idea.  While doing the self checkout my fantastic wife walked up, told me to look up, and before my eyes on the pegs were rows of HP CMF2.  Grabbed three off the front and got HP, Shacklebolt, and Bellatrix.  Rang up at $4.99 each.  Hopefully Wal-mart prices remain low like they did with most recent CMF.

Just now, Antilles said:

Good day.  Apologies up front if this is not helpful news for US collectors, especially around KY/OH/IN.  Walked into my local Target on a feeling this morning and discovered employees putting HP sets out on the shelf.  Surprised to say the least considering I am not in a coastal US state where they get things quicker, and it isn't 14 Aug yet.  Picked up the Astronomy Tower, Room of Req, and Forbidden Forest.  Also grabbed some of the new SW sets out.  Employees could not verify when the other sets would arrive.  Asked about when the CMF would come out and they had no idea.  While doing the self checkout my fantastic wife walked up, told me to look up, and before my eyes on the pegs were rows of HP CMF2.  Grabbed three off the front and got HP, Shacklebolt, and Bellatrix.  Rang up at $4.99 each.  Hopefully Wal-mart prices remain low like they did with most recent CMF.

Wow, this is so exciting! Makes me want to check my local Target every day, but I know that's not a good idea during COVID times hahaha.

27 minutes ago, Antilles said:

do you know what the dpci is?

Edited by Surge

Since next year will most likely be deathly hallows part 1 and 2 for the most part what will they do in 2022 and onwards?

12 minutes ago, Surge said:

do you know what the dpci is?

Showing the CMF as 204-00-1379 on the receipt.  When I checked Brickseek after my purchase it still showed CMF20, not HP under that DPCI.  The Astronomy Tower is 204-00-0938 and Room of Requirement is 204-00-3776.

15 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Since next year will most likely be deathly hallows part 1 and 2 for the most part what will they do in 2022 and onwards?

Fill in the gaps

4 minutes ago, Antilles said:

Showing the CMF as 204-00-1379 on the receipt.  When I checked Brickseek after my purchase it still showed CMF20, not HP under that DPCI. 

ugh thats annoying, thanks tho

3 hours ago, Modal said:

Oh nice! I’ll have to check it out sometime.

I’m 5 minutes away from the store in Glendale, so as long as they have curbside pickup Ill just grab it there. Think there’s another in Westfield Topanga as well - pretty fortunate to be in LA 

I agree, it’s convenient to be in Orange County. There’s Disney, south coast, Ontario mills, and mission viejo ?

It looks like my Target stores still don’t have the sets. I can’t believe that release day is almost here especially since US fans have been waiting since they were revealed.

Edited by 7982Brick2

23 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

I agree, it’s convenient to be in Orange County. There’s Disney, south coast, Ontario mills, and mission viejo ?

Ooh! Have you guys been seeing the sets appear at Target?

1 minute ago, joeee said:

Ooh! Have you guys been seeing the sets appear at Target?

Not only the sets but some have seen the CMF series. 

Hi all!

Wanted to share my thoughts on the new CMF: The golden trio is conceptually rather lacklustre, however, they have delightfully (Ron&Hermione especially) detailed printing and good accessories. Dumbledore is probably the best figure in the series, two fabulous new molds, and great printing. Luna is a vibrant character (who I love) but we have gotten so many variants of her that I wish we had gotten someone in her place. Also, someone said that her legs aren't accurate (here or on Instagram) but she is shown having long socks over her jeans (the same ones she has while wearing the lion headpiece) in another scene. I'm not sure if someone had pointed that out yet though :D Griphook is fantastic, love the sword, and his printing. Could've looked a bit better perhaps if his trousers would have been printed on the torso (like the leaked DA Harry) because he wears them rather high up in the films.

Lily and James were a surprise for sure, but a welcomed one (at least for me). James is definitely better with the picture and his scarf + faceprint. As Lily and James were a lot younger in the books than in the films, I'm not a huge fan of the (small) wrinkles on Lily's face and potentially plan on using her head (the side with opened mouth) for my Molly from the Burrow, as her face is dreadfully inaccurate imo. Has anyone else thought of this? Ginny is my least favourite in the series. Her prints are nice and the faceprint could be used to replace the one from the Burrow (common theme in this cmf :D). As someone, who doesn't have the Astronomy tower, any Slugclub variant feels rather useless. The twins are great but arguably 'waste' one spot. I like their winter clothing as well as accessories. Bellatrix is, once again, fantastically printed (and useful substitute for a certain Mantis-head) If only the regular Bellatrix had arm and dress printing... Kingsley is a great inclusion but the softer cloth, as stated by many, isn't great. Myrtle and Sprout are both 10/10 for me, love them. Neville would be a terrible inclusion if he didn't have the Monster book of monsters which looks great. 

All in all, I definitely prefer this series to the first one. What do you think about using that Lily head for Molly? I'll probably use it or a general Leia head for Molly unless she comes in the DA with a new, more accurate print. Apologies for a long post, I had to share my thoughts after a long hiatus from here :D And once again, thank you for staying otterly awesome on this forum!