Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

If anything LEGO's anniversary means there won't be anything today

Well, that's sad, but oh well. we've only got 3 weeks to wait until September 1st, when it should hopefully be out. I really hope it doesn't sell out immediately 

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don’t think any of these really require new moulds. I’m pretty happy with the printed versions and if they feel the need to include physical versions in next year’s sets à la Infinity Stones after all, they could theoretically repurpose existing moulds for that (except for the ring, that one’s the trickiest). Of course I wouldn’t be mad if they ended up creating new moulds, but the theme’s budget could be better spent I think :grin:

The Locket could be done with a silver-gold version of the Olympic medal piece with a green snake printed on. The cup would warrant a new mould imo because both existing prize-cup moulds are just too big. The ring could be a modified version of the "one ring"-mould. 

A cool new set would be the gang camping out in the Forest of Dean with the tent and a small lake scene with the locket and a deer patronus. The 90-100 $ set could be the Gringotts breakout as discussed before with a new cup mould and a new dragon head mould. Medium sized set could be the Ministry set with Yaxley, Umbridge, dementor and Harry, Ron and Hermione in their Polyjuice versions with a cat patronus and the locket. Hogwarts expansion could feature one Hogwarts statue with a new helmet mould

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

The ring could be a modified version of the "one ring"-mould. 

That would be amazing, as long as they don't just have a 1x1 tile like in the DC cmf for Green Lanterns... that was disappointing, and they're super distracting

Loving the butter beer glasses .. what’s the reckoning we only get one in each packet though .. remember how with Trelawney and Edna Mode we got two teacups .. I think this will only be one 

24 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I really hope it doesn't sell out immediately 

It’s almost certainly gonna sell out almost immediately...

7 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

Loving the butter beer glasses .. what’s the reckoning we only get one in each packet though ..

Definitely only one. Promobricks would've mentioned if there were extras, as they did with the wands.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Better be ready with your card details :wink:

Do sets become live at 00:00 on the dot, or is it like a streaming platform, when they become available at 8:00 or something?

35 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Well, that's sad, but oh well. we've only got 3 weeks to wait until September 1st, when it should hopefully be out. I really hope it doesn't sell out immediately 

I think even those who will be staying up untill it's online will have a hard time getting it before it's sold out.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I think even those who will be staying up untill it's online will have a hard time getting it before it's sold out.

Oh nooooo, this doesn't sound good. As long as it's back in time for Christmas, I reckon I'll be happy

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Do sets become live at 00:00 on the dot, or is it like a streaming platform, when they become available at 8:00 or something?

This changes from time to time. But the last sets I watched all became available around 0:00 local time ?

Welp, start of a new week. Will this be the one? :excited:

Please let it be the one...

2 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

A new mould for the Elder Wand would also be great. They have shown that there can be a lot of new moulds in a wave,even the cheaper sets, like the Room of Requirement. They could also start revisiting the earlier movies like a small Defence against the Dark Arts classroom with a different variant of Lockhart and a new Pixie mould like they did for the Patronuses

Edit: I count 4 new moulds in the summer wave of 2020:

1. Flying owl

2. Centaur body

3. Otter Patronus

4. Hare Patronus

2019 had the Beauxbatons hat, Stag patronus, Buckbeak and the new window frame piece in the Knight Bus

2018 had Dumbledore's hair, Thestral, Thunderbird/Occamy head and beak, the Sorting Hat and Hermione's hair (the rest of the new pieces like the wands appeared also in the CMF, so I am not counting them towards the normal set budget)

So they seem to have a budget for at least 4 new moulds per wave. There also were a lot of recolours and new prints but I am not counting those. Diagon Alley might also include a few new moulds but it isn't really part of the normal wave like 71043 (which had 2 new pieces)

2018 went way over their parts budget that they borrowed some from Jurassic World.

Some stuff you missed is

• the printed window in the big hogwarts castle
  • the chain window in the great hall 
  • Candle
  • Flame
  • pumpkin
  • All the stuff for figs

And all the stuff that was likely made with HP in mind like

• lantern
  • tiled roof
  • dress piece 

Not to mention the giant amount of recolours of parts to accommodate the HP line which also draws from their budge as well as bringing older parts back into production

I over-prepared for the moment DA comes out - I created a bot that will notify me the minute it's available to purchase :grin:. Happy to share it with anyone if they're interested - it only looks at the US website for now though.

I used it to track the NES and Grand Piano when they both came out and interestingly enough, they were actually available a few minutes before midnight. So you never know.

8 minutes ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

2018 went way over their parts budget that they borrowed some from Jurassic World.

Some stuff you missed is

• the printed window in the big hogwarts castle
  • the chain window in the great hall 
  • Candle
  • Flame
  • pumpkin
  • All the stuff for figs

And all the stuff that was likely made with HP in mind like

• lantern
  • tiled roof
  • dress piece 

Not to mention the giant amount of recolours of parts to accommodate the HP line which also draws from their budge as well as bringing older parts back into production

You are right that I forgot the chain window, candle and flame piece. The pumpkin was released for the Stranger Things set (a full year before the Harry Potter wave used it) and the printed window is not a new mould, but only a print on an existing piece. I was talking about new moulds made specifically for that wave. "All the stuff for figs" is from the CMF budget except for the pieces I mentioned.

I know that the 2018 wave borrowed from the Jurassic World budget, that's why I compared it with the other waves, so that we can roughly estimate their normal new piece count. Like I said they released at least 4 new pieces each wave. Which means they could use some of it for the Horcruxes, creature parts, the Elder wand or new Patronuses in the 2021 wave.

There are even more things that would require new moulds:

- Fang

- Troll

- Basilisk

- Fluffy

- Pixies

- Werwolf Lupin (mainly the head)

- Sirius Animagus form

- Aunt Marge

- Firebolt

- Grindylow

- Ukrainian Ironbelly

- Kreacher

- Resurrection Stone

16 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The pumpkin was released for the Stranger Things set (a full month before the Harry Potter wave used it)

FTFY, the Upside Down and Hagrid’s Hut were both 2019 releases :wink:

11 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

Does anyone else  think that the the Hermione  in the CMF looks more like Emma Watson?

Do you mean compared to the other year 3 through 6 versions? If so, that’s no surprise since this face was specifically designed for her, while the other one was repurposed from PotC :wink: Out of the 4 ones available, this is my favourite Hermione face print, with the year 1 one being a close second :thumbup:

44 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

PayPal, baby

Best one ??

38 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I over-prepared for the moment DA comes out - I created a bot that will notify me the minute it's available to purchase :grin:. Happy to share it with anyone if they're interested - it only looks at the US website for now though.

I used it to track the NES and Grand Piano when they both came out and interestingly enough, they were actually available a few minutes before midnight. So you never know.

I'm still not sure whether I should get it online or take the 70 km drive to the next store...both variants are kinda risky ?

Your bot sounds interesting for me! How difficult would it be to change the website's version to another country by myself?

16 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I'm still not sure whether I should get it online or take the 70 km drive to the next store...both variants are kinda risky ?

Your bot sounds interesting for me! How difficult would it be to change the website's version to another country by myself? 

My plan is to order online as soon as it's available, go in store the next morning, and cancel the online order if I get it in store :laugh:.

The bot isn't easy to set up manually, but I can look into adding more location support by the time Sept. 1st rolls around! DM me if you have any questions about it :classic: