Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, Modal said:

Also, you act like Gringott’s being added is some insane “magical” thing :laugh_hard: if the stickers didn’t leak I don’t think anyone here would assume Gringotts wouldn’t be included! 

I will speak for myself here, but I never for a minute thought we would get BOTH Weasley Wizarding Wheezes AND Gringott’s in one set. The $400 price point and the limited availability of the D2C “Shoppes of Diagon Alley” set excludes a large segment of LEGO’s target audience (kids), and a $100 - $150 set of either WWW or Gringott’s would sell like hot cakes for kids. LEGO stands to make a lot more money this way, but this point has already been made by others.

Like I said, I am hoping and praying that we are wrong and that Gringott’s is included. But if it isn’t, we are guaranteed to get it as a separate set next year. If you are at all worried that it won’t be up to par, just look at the recent wave of sets and take comfort. None of them cut corners or just focus on one action sequence - we are getting highly detailed full facades of iconic buildings with some subtle play features. It’s safe to say that we can expect the same of a stand-alone Gringott’s set.

I know we’re already on the verge of Diagon Alley, but has anyone in the US found the HP CMF series or Summer Ninjago, Star Wars, and Harry Potter sets in stores yet? Preferably a Target or Walmart.

45 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

I know we’re already on the verge of Diagon Alley, but has anyone in the US found the HP CMF series or Summer Ninjago, Star Wars, and Harry Potter sets in stores yet? Preferably a Target or Walmart.

I am not in one of the states where the infection rate is low enough for me to consider browsing Target or Walmart a good idea, but I assume if anyone had found the CMF stateside then we’d have more leaked pics by now. Target and Walmart are more likely just to put the sets out whenever they arrive, but I still wouldn’t expect anything from them until mid August. 

11 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I am not in one of the states where the infection rate is low enough for me to consider browsing Target or Walmart a good idea, but I assume if anyone had found the CMF stateside then we’d have more leaked pics by now. 

Speaking of more pictures, Promobricks said they would give us more CMF pics this weekend. It's almost monday now and still nothing :sceptic:

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Speaking of more pictures, Promobricks said they would give us more CMF pics this weekend. It's almost monday now and still nothing :sceptic:

Yeah, I’ve been checking here frequently, expecting to see another 20 pages pop up the minute we get a full set of HD pics :snicker: but nothing so far :sad:

2 hours ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Haven't been to Walmart or Target this week but Target's website has most of these new sets listed as being able to be shipped beginning 8/14.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Where did they say that? 

What hairpiece do you guys think the twins are gonna use in DA? The same hairpiece they had in the 2011 DA, or something new? I was rewatching the WWW scene in Half-Blood Prince and thinking maybe the sleepyhead hair would suit them pretty decently, plus it would make them more distinct from their original versions 

19 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

What hairpiece do you guys think the twins are gonna use in DA? The same hairpiece they had in the 2011 DA, or something new? I was rewatching the WWW scene in Half-Blood Prince and thinking maybe the sleepyhead hair would suit them pretty decently, plus it would make them more distinct from their original versions 

It would also make them a little more distinct from Arthur. 

56 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Hmm, the sleepyhead hair would probably work well. I was also thinking maybe the Birthday Boy hair or Zombie businessman.

34 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

It would also make them a little more distinct from Arthur. 

To be honest, I wasn't too happy with the hair they used for Arthur to begin with, but hopefully they do use a different hair piece, especially as they'll also have full-length legs so it'd be good to distinguish them in a line up of Weasley minifigures.

Promobricks have started with their review of the CMF series with Harry, Dumbledore, Ron, and Hermione being the first batch: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-71028-harry-potter-minifiguren-review-1/106492/

I love that butterbeer mould :wub: And the 1x2 tile in Harry’s copy of the Advanced Potion-making book is very detailed!

Looks like they will look at four minifigs each day, so tomorrow they’ll cover row 2 on the sheet :classic:

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Promobricks have started with their review of the CMF series with Harry, Dumbledore, Ron, and Hermione being the first batch: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-71028-harry-potter-minifiguren-review-1/106492/

I love that butterbeer mould :wub: And the 1x2 tile in Harry’s copy of the Advanced Potion-making book is very detailed! 

Looks like they will look at four minifigs each day, so tomorrow they’ll cover row 2 on the sheet :classic:

WOW the inside of the book printing is incredible! So much better than I expected :grin_wub:

Edited by YetiZombie
wording

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I love that butterbeer mould :wub:

Yeah, wow...the way the orange catches the light, that’s just mesmerizing. I am absolutely fascinated as to how they made that piece, but yeah the figures (and their accessories especially) so far look great, even Harry who seemed pretty basic I’m impressed by

I love the sand blue colour of the potion book. Such a great recolour and the printed page is great too. The leaflet made it look like it's dbg

Wow, those close-up photos have totally sold me on buying this series. The quality of the printing in the potions book, and new Butterbeer piece, are incredible... I haven't felt like buying HP LEGO recently, which on one hand has been good for my budget, but dang it the designers are just too good!

Wow, they look great! Still wish we would've gotten more interesting variants for especially Ron and Hermione but at least they didn't slow down on the printing! The Butterbeer cup, Fawkes and both the in- and outside of APM are all gorgeous!

Hi Everyone 

1. What do you think are going to be for next year for Deathly Hallows

2. Are there going to be Fantastic Beasts 2 or 3 sets

3. Are there going to be any 20th Anniversary Harry Potter sets

4. Which characters which have never been made are going to be made

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wow, they look great! Still wish we would've gotten more interesting variants for especially Ron and Hermione but at least they didn't slow down on the printing! The Butterbeer cup, Fawkes and both the in- and outside of APM are all gorgeous!

i think they should have done the trio when they did the polyjuice potion with different hairpieces and the series 14 tiger lady hair for hermione and at least we now have all of the marauders

Edited by gryffindorbrickkid

3 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Hi Everyone 

1. What do you think are going to be for next year for Deathly Hallows

It's impossible to say for sure yet, though if Gringotts ends up not being included in the Diagon Alley set, then it will almost certainly appear next year.  Presumably any Hogwarts expansions will be Battle of Hogwarts themed, and it would be nice to get locations such as the Ministry of Magic or Malfoy Manor.  The flying motorbike would be a good inclusion in a small set.  Hopefully the doe Patronus and Umbridge's cat Patronus can be included if the scenes they were in get sets.  More Patronuses are always welcome!

9 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

2. Are there going to be Fantastic Beasts 2 or 3 sets

Probably not until the next movie comes out.  While Fantastic Beasts 3 is still scheduled for November 2021, it has a very high chance of getting pushed back due to filming delays, so there probably won't be anything next year.  Going by the previous Fantastic Beasts wave, there likely won't be more than two sets, as Fantastic Beasts sets don't seem to be as strong of sellers compared to the Harry Potter sets, and any set for Fantastic Beasts 3 released before the movie has a larger chance of being inaccurate due to lack of reference materials (That seems to be why the Grindelwald's Escape set was the only Fantastic Beasts 2 set and had an inaccurate Grindelwald design)  If a third CMF series comes out the same year as Fantastic Beasts 3, there could be Fantastic Beasts minifigures included (most likely all based on the second movie if so, as the first CMF had only Fantastic Beasts 1 minifigures)

20 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

3. Are there going to be any 20th Anniversary Harry Potter sets

I'm not sure that LEGO would celebrate the 20th anniversary of the sets, as unlike Star Wars, there were years during that time where no new sets were released.  If they specifically celebrate the 20th anniversary of the movies, I could see something done for that, such as a Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone set being included in the 2021 wave.

24 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

4. Which characters which have never been made are going to be made

Next year? Presumably any noteworthy characters from the Deathly Hallows movies, such as Bill Weasley, Xenophilius Lovegood, Bathilda Bagshot, Yaxley, Scabior, the Carrows, and the Grey Lady.

30 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

i think they should have done the trio when they did the polyjuice potion with different hairpieces and the series 14 tiger lady hair for hermione and at least we now have all of the marauders

I really was expecting that version of the trio to be included in Series 2, but perhaps they will appear if a third CMF is made in the future.  Considering how much detail has been put into these CMF minifigures, I think there would be a high chance of Cat Hermione getting a brand new hairpiece if she appeared in a CMF series.

Great to finally have high resolution pictures of at least some of the characters. The trio are well done even if none of us were really waiting with bated breath for these variants - still, very nice prints on all of them and the butterbeer mugs and copy of Advanced Potion Making are amazing (and I am absolutely delighted at the inside 1x2 tile, absolutely perfect). Dumbledore’s also great, love the fact that his skirt piece has printing on the back as well, and Fawkes is amazing. 

Can’t wait to see the next batch (high res pics of the Sword of Gryffindor!)

Question though, do promobricks do English translations of their articles? I’d love to be able to read the actual reviews. 

40 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Question though, do promobricks do English translations of their articles? I’d love to be able to read the actual reviews. 

Don't think they do, I just cut and paste into google translate if there is anything on there I want to read.

For the next wave I sure hope they will make special molds for all the remaining horcruxes. We are missising he locket, the ring, the cup and the diadem

A new mould for the Elder Wand would also be great. They have shown that there can be a lot of new moulds in a wave,even the cheaper sets, like the Room of Requirement. They could also start revisiting the earlier movies like a small Defence against the Dark Arts classroom with a different variant of Lockhart and a new Pixie mould like they did for the Patronuses

Edit: I count 4 new moulds in the summer wave of 2020:

1. Flying owl

2. Centaur body

3. Otter Patronus

4. Hare Patronus

2019 had the Beauxbatons hat, Stag patronus, Buckbeak and the new window frame piece in the Knight Bus

2018 had Dumbledore's hair, Thestral, Thunderbird/Occamy head and beak, the Sorting Hat and Hermione's hair (the rest of the new pieces like the wands appeared also in the CMF, so I am not counting them towards the normal set budget)

So they seem to have a budget for at least 4 new moulds per wave. There also were a lot of recolours and new prints but I am not counting those. Diagon Alley might also include a few new moulds but it isn't really part of the normal wave like 71043 (which had 2 new pieces)

Edited by Metanoios91

35 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

For the next wave I sure hope they will make special molds for all the remaining horcruxes. We are missising he locket, the ring, the cup and the diadem

I don’t think any of these really require new moulds. I’m pretty happy with the printed versions and if they feel the need to include physical versions in next year’s sets à la Infinity Stones after all, they could theoretically repurpose existing moulds for that (except for the ring, that one’s the trickiest). Of course I wouldn’t be mad if they ended up creating new moulds, but the theme’s budget could be better spent I think :grin:

It's LEGO's 88th birthday today, I wonder whether that means any reveals...? I know their anniversary isn't connected to HP in any way, but I feel like it would make sense for them to reveal something celebrate. Does anyone know if this has ever been a thing before?

10 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

It's LEGO's 88th birthday today, I wonder whether that means any reveals...? I know their anniversary isn't connected to HP in any way, but I feel like it would make sense for them to reveal something celebrate. Does anyone know if this has ever been a thing before?

If anything LEGO's anniversary means there won't be anything today