Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

I think it said magical product. I guess it will be Diagon Alley either way because I can see them revealing the CMF with just some pictures on IG. The idea of a huge Diagon Alley set seems more magical and more worthy of a presentation to me than a 2nd cmf series :shrug_oh_well:

It said: link to post

31 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Anyone know where the "dragons" and "akhemy" signs are from? F&B?

The only similar looking signs to those ones I could find in Diagon Alley (the Wizarding World of Harry Potter’s DA to be precise), are to F&B, except the real signs say, “Standard Book of Spells (all grades)” and “Potions•Charms•Herbology”, so no reference to either of the two signs on the sticker sheet, but they’ve got the same aesthetic design (all have pointing hands on them) so I’m guessing they’re for F&B :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Holden Brickfield

7 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

It said: link to post

Very magical product... yeah it should be DA. 

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I can't help but thinking we must get something this week but that it will be the CMF reveal. Then the week after DA. ?

Agreed 

I’m so excited about WWW, I can’t help but think about how colorful and packed the interior will be ?

Edited by Otherworld
Grammar

3 hours ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

Guys I think I bring news. So someone mesaged the leaker @lego_fans_news_ askong about a Diagon Alley leak. I know you think he's not reliable but he showed the Diagon Alley stickers the day he said he will. This is how he responded.

?‍♂️?‍♂️?

I don't know if this means something but it could mean that a leak is coming.

well we might as well hope and check for a leak he was right once why can't he be right again?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

:thumbup: Thank you! Magical product it is. Good memory @Otherworld

But no wonder we're all going crazy. It's been 3 weeks since that tease. ?

We’ve been going crazy way before that teaser XD I love this forum and checking out lego leaks but I should really limit myself :enough: 

Just now, Otherworld said:

We’ve been going crazy way before that teaser XD I love this forum and checking out lego leaks but I should really limit myself :enough: 

True! Nah I'm not going to limit myself - this is a great little community so I'm going to make the most of it. ? Going to squeeze every last drop of excitement out of these products, especially DA considering the cost. ?

What we're going to do for several months after DA, the CMF and the AC have been released and there's no info on next year's sets I don't know.

52 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

True! Nah I'm not going to limit myself - this is a great little community so I'm going to make the most of it. ? Going to squeeze every last drop of excitement out of these products, especially DA considering the cost. ?

What we're going to do for several months after DA, the CMF and the AC have been released and there's no info on next year's sets I don't know.

I would love it if they started doing a small January wave next year. Most of the 2018 sets will be retired so less chance of over saturation of products. 3-4 small to medium sized sets in January would be amazing. Especially considering they still have so much material to cover, and Deathly Hallows 1 & 2 will need more than just one wave of sets, not to mention sets from he other films peppered in 

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would love it if they started doing a small January wave next year. Most of the 2018 sets will be retired so less chance of over saturation of products. 3-4 small to medium sized sets in January would be amazing. Especially considering they still have so much material to cover, and Deathly Hallows 1 & 2 will need more than just one wave of sets, not to mention sets from he other films peppered in 

Yes! Even 2 sets would do. They shouldn’t make us wait until summer ? Perhaps it’s more possible now since they’ve confirmed over and over that HP sells?

18 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Yes! Even 2 sets would do. They shouldn’t make us wait until summer ? Perhaps it’s more possible now since they’ve confirmed over and over that HP sells?

Especially since getting a CMF series and a D2C this year means we won’t get those next year, there’s room for more sets

I know this is off topic, and if there is a topic about it pls let me know, but is anyone else having trouble getting on to eurobricks? whenever i click on the link it says my connection is not private and the site is unsafe. I would be surprised if this post even goes through

Edited by Surge

Off topic but is anyone else getting untrusted connection warnings for this site today?

27 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Especially since getting a CMF series and a D2C this year means we won’t get those next year, there’s room for more sets

Hopefully! If not then at least less stickers and reused minifig parts. After all these sales I can’t see them pulling a 2019 again unless COVID has decreased the sales or something.

2019 wasn’t bad at all, but considering there was no D2C or CMF I think we could’ve gotten more sets or better figures.

3 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Off topic but is anyone else getting untrusted connection warnings for this site today?

Yep

24 minutes ago, Surge said:

I know this is off topic, and if there is a topic about it pls let me know, but is anyone else having trouble getting on to eurobricks? whenever i click on the link it says my connection is not private and the site is unsafe. I would be surprised if this post even goes through

Yeah same here, looks like EB's security license has expired

23 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Yes, same problem here

1 hour ago, Surge said:

53 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Oh good, glad to see I’m not the only one with that problem 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

...didn’t we think the very same thing back in 2018 though? :wink: Unless we hear rumours to the contrary, I firmly expect them continue with one wave a year (plus a few extras sprinkled in here and there)

Regarding the warning: Good to hear others are having the same issue, I was already afraid my account had been hacked or something :grin:

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I can imagine that after the DA reveal there will be a minimum of 15 new pages where everyone talks about his/her/its excitement about the set, what one likes and what one dislikes as well. Then there will be some time going over until the set is actually sold when people will start again talking about the set in terms of their building experiences. At the same time, a lot of people will complain about the set being sold out everywhere and backordered for decades (which I can absolutely relate to as that's my biggest fear atm). So until the end of September there is enough to talk about. Then we will see if there are any indications for a potential spring wave. And anything else that goes beyond that will be discussed in a new and fresh thread for 2021 I suppose ?

2 hours ago, Surge said:

I am not able any more to get to the forum via my mobile devices as they say that my timestamp is invalid ?

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Anticipate the D2C Gringotts of course! :wink:

Good to hear other’s were having the same issues, I was hesitating visiting the site since Safari was very adamant that it was unsafe - thought maybe came and delivered the DA leaks! Lol

Edited by Modal

On the topic of Gringotts being included, while I agree that it may sell better as a stand-alone set for those who can’t afford a $400 Diagon Alley, I personally would be very upset at its exclusion. The modular Hogwarts is one thing, but LEGO selling 90% of Diagon Alley in a $400 set and then saying “wait another year for the most iconic building” would really annoy me. It would be much, much less irritating if they came out at the same time although I still wouldn’t like it. I always thought it made the most sense to include a wonderful Gringotts in the D2C with an interior consisting of desks and one vault, and then to do a $50-60 dragon escape set next year with the Ukrainian Ironbelly, a small roller coaster section for the mine cart track, and maybe Bellatrix’s vault. I can’t see LEGO making a $100 Gringotts set with a sizeable exterior, an interior, AND a dragon. That sounds like a $150 set to me at the very least. I also think it’s possible that the name could be printed or on a separate clear-backed sticker sheet, but I hope we get a concrete answer soon. 

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

On the topic of Gringotts being included, while I agree that it may sell better as a stand-alone set for those who can’t afford a $400 Diagon Alley, I personally would be very upset at its exclusion. The modular Hogwarts is one thing, but LEGO selling 90% of Diagon Alley in a $400 set and then saying “wait another year for the most iconic building” would really annoy me. It would be much, much less irritating if they came out at the same time although I still wouldn’t like it. I always thought it made the most sense to include a wonderful Gringotts in the D2C with an interior consisting of desks and one vault, and then to do a $50-60 dragon escape set next year with the Ukrainian Ironbelly, a small roller coaster section for the mine cart track, and maybe Bellatrix’s vault. I can’t see LEGO making a $100 Gringotts set with a sizeable exterior, an interior, AND a dragon. That sounds like a $150 set to me at the very least. I also think it’s possible that the name could be printed or on a separate clear-backed sticker sheet, but I hope we get a concrete answer soon. 

Exactly my thoughts. Honestly, if they officially reveal DA and it doesn’t have Gringotts, I don’t know how they will be able to keep a straight face while explaining how it’s the definitive DA set. And yea, to charge people $400 just to tell them they have an incomplete set is not a great look. And for anyone mentioning 2018 Hogwarts not being complete, I think everyone is aware that having an entire Hogwarts is unfathomable given the size.

11 minutes ago, Modal said:

Exactly my thoughts. Honestly, if they officially reveal DA and it doesn’t have Gringotts, I don’t know how they will be able to keep a straight face while explaining how it’s the definitive DA set. And yea, to charge people $400 just to tell them they have an incomplete set is not a great look. And for anyone mentioning 2018 Hogwarts not being complete, I think everyone is aware that having an entire Hogwarts is unfathomable given the size.

Did I miss something? When did LEGO ever say they were releasing “the definitive DA set”??? :laugh_hard: The set hasn’t even been officially confirmed yet, and we still have no idea what it will be called - let alone if it will be “definitive.” In all likelihood, this will be “The Shoppes of Diagon Alley” which, in my mind, is wonderful.

But no matter what LEGO produces, some people are going to inevitably be unhappy that their favorite shop isn’t included. Would I have loved an Eylop’s Owl Emporium instead of Scribulus? Absolutely. But it seems that LEGO is really trying to give the fans a highly detailed, screen accurate portrayal of the most recognizable side of the Alley, with shops most fans know and love - like Ollivander’s, Flourish & Blott’s, WWW, and a few other bonuses. There are obviously still loads of shops that are going to be missing.

Think about it... Wouldn’t you rather pay $400 this year for an amazing “Shoppes of Diagon Alley”, and then $120 or so next year for a big “Escape from Gringott’s” set that you can display with your shops? Gringott’s is just SOO much bigger than the other shops in the alley, I really don’t think they would be able to do it justice in a set that already includes at least six other shops.

At the end of the day, a separate Gringott’s or Borgin & Burke’s or Leaky Cauldron will only add value to what is guaranteed to be an incredible set. While I still hope I’m wrong and that somehow Gringott’s will magically be included - I am now 100% fine waiting until next year for it and getting a big badass dragon with it too.

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Did I miss something? When did LEGO ever say they were releasing “the definitive DA set”??? :laugh_hard: The set hasn’t even been officially confirmed yet, and we still have no idea what it will be called - let alone if it will be “definitive.” In all likelihood, this will be “The Shoppes of Diagon Alley” which, in my mind, is wonderful.

But no matter what LEGO produces, some people are going to inevitably be unhappy that their favorite shop isn’t included. Would I have loved an Eylop’s Owl Emporium instead of Scribulus? Absolutely. But it seems that LEGO is really trying to give the fans a highly detailed, screen accurate portrayal of the most recognizable side of the Alley, with shops most fans know and love - like Ollivander’s, Flourish & Blott’s, WWW, and a few other bonuses. There are obviously still loads of shops that are going to be missing.

Think about it... Wouldn’t you rather pay $400 this year for an amazing “Shoppes of Diagon Alley”, and then $120 or so next year for a big “Escape from Gringott’s” set that you can display with your shops? Gringott’s is just SOO much bigger than the other shops in the alley, I really don’t think they would be able to do it justice in a set that already includes at least six other shops.

At the end of the day, a separate Gringott’s or Borgin & Burke’s or Leaky Cauldron will only add value to what is guaranteed to be an incredible set. While I still hope I’m wrong and that somehow Gringott’s will magically be included - I am now 100% fine waiting until next year for it and getting a big badass dragon with it too.

Fair enough, I’m putting words in their mouth, but with how they have been treating their sets lately with all the details and accuracy, I could see how they would approach the set wanting it to be as definitive as possible. 

Like I said earlier, if they let us know on the DA reveal that an massively detailed Gringotts is coming next year as you’re describing, I wouldn’t be totally upset. I’m just worried a set focusing on “Escape from Gringotts” will focus more on the playability of a roller coaster and a dragon more than the exterior/interior of a Gringotts to put with DA. I would imagine more of a Battle of Hoth scenario where we get a small outline of the base with a bunch of disconnected pieces. 

If they made a $200 UCS Gringotts next year to go with a 5000 piece Shoppes of DA then sure sign me up! I just don’t think we’ll get that.

Also, you act like Gringott’s being added is some insane “magical” thing :laugh_hard: if the stickers didn’t leak I don’t think anyone here would assume Gringotts wouldn’t be included! Or maybe someone questioned it early on who knows, but I would say still it’s more likely in than out.

Edited by Modal

Just now, Modal said:

Like I said earlier, if they let us know on the DA reveal that an massively detailed Gringotts is coming next year as you’re describing, I wouldn’t be totally upset. I’m just worried a set focusing on “Escape from Gringotts” will focus more on the playability of a roller coaster and a dragon more than the exterior/interior of a Gringotts to put with DA. I would imagine more of a Battle of Hoth scenario where we get a small outline of the base with a bunch of disconnected pieces. 

This is exactly why I honestly doubt that Gringotts will be excluded. The target audience for a $100 "Escape from Gringotts" play-set next year will be totally different from the target audience for a $400 display piece this year. LEGO would prioritize play features in that Gringotts set, which wouldn't give them enough pieces to make the set look detailed enough to stand alongside this year's set. Especially if the dragon is included - that'll take up 300 or so pieces by itself, leaving around 700 to do a detailed exterior, interior, and roller coaster. It would also require some explanations from the designers as to why it was excluded this year.

Also, I think people are overestimating the number of pieces required for the different shops on the sticker sheet. The Daily Prophet has a door sticker, but I doubt there will be much behind it (at Universal Orlando, it's just a locked door). Florean Fortescue might only get a cart (since there's no signage, just a menu). Scribbulus will probably be combined with Ollivander's (let's say around 700 pieces). F&B and QQS likely won't require more than 500 pieces each. WWW will probably be large, but no more than 1k pieces. That still leaves around 2k pieces to give to a potential Gringotts and Leaky Cauldron. Based on this, I really wouldn't rule out anything yet.