Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Surge said:

Here you go. Not sure how I personally feel about it. Definitely not a fan of the curl tho, but without that I think it could work

Hhm I don't think the side part works. Looking at movie clips of Ollivander the current hairpiece does seem more accurate especially from the side angle. Just a shame about the sideburns.

6 minutes ago, Surge said:

Here you go. Not sure how I personally feel about it. Definitely not a fan of the curl tho, but without that I think it could work 

Edit: no idea why it came out sideways, srry bout that lol

Hmm, the overall shape works but I agree on that curl not looking good :sceptic:

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hmm, the overall shape works but I agree on that curl not looking good :sceptic:

I have to say it looks a lot better in person. On Nick AND Ollivander

Woohoo 500+ pages, here's to the next 500! :)

I looked into that minifigure uk shop, but it seems they won't be shipping the 2nd cmf until 15 September, so I'll wait for local webshops to get them.

I don't really mind if they just use the same Ollivanders minifigure, as it'd still be pretty exclusive what with the DA set being so expensive.

I'm just personally hoping for a Percy minifigure as I think he's a really interesting character, expecially in Chamber of Secrets (book) as he appears alot as a possible candidate for who opened the chamber.

3 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I don't really mind if they just use the same Ollivanders minifigure, as it'd still be pretty exclusive what with the DA set being so expensive.

Yeah I agree. I'm not really a fan of exclusivity anyway, I rather want things to be easily available.

3 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'm just personally hoping for a Percy minifigure as I think he's a really interesting character, expecially in Chamber of Secrets (book) as he appears alot as a possible candidate for who opened the chamber.

Maybe, he would be fun ofcourse. But on second tought I think he might fit better in a future cmf series in his more well known outfit. The hogwarts uniform with the prefect badge and a new mold for his hat and hair.

Also after rewatching the diagon alley scenes, I just realised this might be our one chance to get Hermione's parents. This version of them appeared less than the mind wiped ones from deathly hallows, only a split second, but still, it's probably more than the ice cream man. And Lucious directly mentioned them. Maybe a little bit boring of a choice, but not unwelcome in my opinion.

9 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Lego did do the VIP question event so something is being announced "soon", but it could in theory be the CMF.

In theory, but I hardly think Marcos Bessa would be answering CMF questions other designers are in charge of that theme :wink:

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Also after rewatching the diagon alley scenes, I just realised this might be our one chance to get Hermione's parents. This version of them appeared less than the mind wiped ones from deathly hallows, only a split second, but still, it's probably more than the ice cream man. And Lucious directly mentioned them. Maybe a little bit boring of a choice, but not unwelcome in my opinion.

That’s definitely a good point, and how crazy would it be to get all three sets of the trio’s parents in one year. The only stumbling block I can see is that muggles might be considered too ‘normal’ to take up minifigure slots that could otherwise be filled by quirky witch or wizard characters. 

10 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Here's a general, poorly sketched idea how I think it could look like

image.png.8ab674a28d65e73d61eaa2a549c8ebd3.png

I'm aware it's not accurate, but I think it's a relatively good guess given we're getting 8 locations (9 with unconfirmed Gringotts) out of about 20 that are named in the books. Also it works quite well as an upscaled version of the GWP. 3 points:

1. I don't think the set will be "modular building" deep, could be even half of that, and it will definitely have open back.

2. brick entrance in the middle could be where the set splits in half, so that you can display it three ways - like above, store fronts facing each other or back to back

3. Leaky Cauldron will very likely not have a front, makes sense as it is in the muggle world, but still a bit of a bummer.

1. I agree and I hope so, as the deeper it gets the more pieces it wastes. You can easily get the detail we need with the newer style Winter Village (i.e. Fire Station depth not Toy Shop depth).

2. I think if they include the brick entrance it’d be at the end. Isn’t that the whole point that it’s at the end of Diagon Alley? I think that/Leaky Cauldron and Gringotts are the only places whose locations matter really.

3. This would also allow Leaky Cauldron to have a front as it could be a side on shop with an open opposite side (like how the Burrow is). I think that could work well.

By the way, unrelated, but is Leaky Cauldron the main entrance to DA or just for the muggle world? LC seems very quiet for a very busy DA in PS!

42 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

By the way, unrelated, but is Leaky Cauldron the main entrance to DA or just for the muggle world? LC seems very quiet for a very busy DA in PS!

We know it can be reach via the floo network, since Harry (tries) to use it to get there in CoS. But since Harry doesn’t come out at the right grate it’s never stated where in the Alley the connected floo fireplace is. Most people assume the Leaky Cauldron, but I can see it being somewhere else to bypass the brick wall entrance. Presumably, adult wizards and witches will also apparate directly into the Alley, since I can’t imagine trying to land in the middle of a cramped pub would be considered convenient, or polite for that matter. 

Guys I think I bring news. So someone mesaged the leaker @lego_fans_news_ askong about a Diagon Alley leak. I know you think he's not reliable but he showed the Diagon Alley stickers the day he said he will. This is how he responded.

?‍♂️?‍♂️?

I don't know if this means something but it could mean that a leak is coming.

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

In theory, but I hardly think Marcos Bessa would be answering CMF questions other designers are in charge of that theme :wink:

That's a good point and I don't think it will be the CMF, but they wanted to know possibilities to avoid disappointment so just throwing it out there. Lego has done weirder stuff. :facepalm:

Also, I have to wonder if the CMF were street dated and if the Romanian toy store has been contacted by Lego. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

That's a good point and I don't think it will be the CMF [...]

The initial Q&A announcement said something along the lines of “magical set”, didn’t it? I don’t think the CMF series qualifies as a set in that sense in the first place :tongue:

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The initial Q&A announcement said something along the lines of “magical set”, didn’t it? I don’t think the CMF series qualifies as a set in that sense in the first place :tongue:

They count as a set on BrickLink :wink: (confused me to no end when trying to find HP minifigs with the accessories lol

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

They count as a set on BrickLink :wink: (confused me to no end when trying to find HP minifigs with the accessories lol

That's only because no figures in BL's database come with accessories, adding versions with and without accessories would screw up the entire system. That's why they've chosen to catagorise those with accessories as 'sets'.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's only because no figures in BL's database come with accessories, adding versions with and without accessories would screw up the entire system. That's why they've chosen to catagorise those with accessories as 'sets'.

It does make sense, just confused me lol. Still hunting for Mad Eye Moody, Harry and Hermione at a good price...

———

Having built Astronomy Tower, and totally in love with the amazing design, I feel like the front of the small hall (can’t remember what it’s called) is quite plain. Has anyone tried swapping out the clear window for four coloured transparent 1x1 bricks?

Im also finding the 1x2 brick on top of the tower kinda weird lol

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

It does make sense, just confused me lol. Still hunting for Mad Eye Moody, Harry and Hermione at a good price...

———

Having built Astronomy Tower, and totally in love with the amazing design, I feel like the front of the small hall (can’t remember what it’s called) is quite plain. Has anyone tried swapping out the clear window for four coloured transparent 1x1 bricks?

Im also finding the 1x2 brick on top of the tower kinda weird lol

I thought the 1x2 brick was weird too until I looked back at the source material and it is fact pretty spot on. It may look slightly better with a 1x2 tile on the top but there really is just a big block there in the films

I’m REALLY hoping for a reveal this week so that we can get VIP early access, but at this point I would settle for a photo leak, or even a reliable answer to the question: Will Gringotts and/or Borgin and Burke’s be included?  

7 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Borgin and Burke’s be included?

I think the chance is smaller now that we got several of the obscure buildings included, my guess is a sign to Knockturn Alley and that is it :shrug_oh_well:

Anyone know where the "dragons" and "akhemy" signs are from? F&B?

34 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I thought the 1x2 brick was weird too until I looked back at the source material and it is fact pretty spot on. It may look slightly better with a 1x2 tile on the top but there really is just a big block there in the films

Huh, so it is!

I’m guessing flourish and Blotts for those signs.

not sure if it’s been mentioned, but the red stickers on sheet D with “more, magical, mischief” Are from the stairs inside WWW. And there are 6 those stickers. 

fingers crossed for a reveal soon. 
I’m hoping Gringotts is included but still would buy it anyway if not. Hopefully for a escape from Gringotts set next year it would tie in nicely. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

TBH I can't remember the exact wording. I should have screenshot the page, but :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think it said magical product. I guess it will be Diagon Alley either way because I can see them revealing the CMF with just some pictures on IG. The idea of a huge Diagon Alley set seems more magical and more worthy of a presentation to me than a 2nd cmf series :shrug_oh_well:

44 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I’m REALLY hoping for a reveal this week so that we can get VIP early access, but at this point I would settle for a photo leak, or even a reliable answer to the question: Will Gringotts and/or Borgin and Burke’s be included?  

I can't help but thinking we must get something this week but that it will be the CMF reveal. Then the week after DA. ?