Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

What would you all say to dumbledore’s hair used for Lucius 

Honestly, the Dumbledore hair introduced in the 2018 Great Hall is so fabulous and flowing I kind of assumed they were planing on recoloring it for Lucius from the start :snicker:

My predictions (they're more like hopes really) are:

1. Harry (PS/COS) *CONFIRMED*
  2. Ron (COS)
  3. Hermione (COS)
  4. Ollivander (PS)
  5. Florean Fortescue *CONFIRMED*
  6. Hagrid (PS)
  7. Lockhart (COS)
  8. 2 goblins (PS)
  9. Fred (HBP)
  10. George (HBP)
  11. DP photographer (COS)
  12. Lucius Malfoy (COS)
  13. Draco (COS)
  14. Ginny (COS)
  15. Quirrell (PS)
  16. Tom (POA)

Those are the ones I'm hoping for. Any more would be wonderful.

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

(Flashbacks to 2005 and 2010-2011 waves)

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Someone on here had the idea that if we got a Quality Quidditch Supplies, it could include Racenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidditch robes on mannequins. I think that’s our best chance at getting anything from those two houses, though. If the shops included Madam Malkins it might be a different story.

I hope at least for those but also for some regular hogwarts ropes for the "minor" houses. I don't know if they would count as full minifigures but as someone else already said, the downside would be that they would be way too expensive to get multiples of them. (We need more minifig packs here!) But getting some more versatile representations of my beloved Ravenclaw is something I want for a long time now. I mean, sweaters are cool but robes are even cooler! (Fezes are cool as well but that's a different universe ?)

43 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Nope, this is the book description: "A little man in a top hat was talking to the old bartender, who was quite bald and looked like a toothless walnut." Making him a hunchback with a creepy face was a directorial decision, which drastically changed his appearance from the PS film.

Thank you for the correction. Makes his appearance in PoA even weirder.

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’ve wanted that from the beginning! It’s perfect

21 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

This sounds actually pretty reasonable. Although maybe Arthur over Molly

Honestly, I keep flip flopping on who’s more important for the scene - Arthur is the one who gets in a fight with Lucius, but Molly is the Lockhart fan (I suppose the ultimate solution is to knock out Percy and include both). 

I think the realistic thing to do is to be reasonable instead of getting hopes up with sooo many figs. It’s highly unlikely. The max amount of figs I think we’ll get are 12. Anything more is unrealistic. 

1. Harry 

2. Ron

3. Hermione

4. Hagrid 

5. Ollivander 

6. Ice Cream Shop Guy 

7. Goblin x2

8. Lucius 

9. Lockhart 

10. Fred

11. George 

they normally don’t have figs who got recently released in other big sets this wave. I would count molly and Arthur out.

Edited by Sheesh417

2 hours ago, autolycus said:

Hey guys, I’m throwing out a completely logical, reasonable theory here. Just stating facts and asking questions. Please don’t ban me for this like you did all the other truth tellers. But, hear me out. Maybe it’s no minifigure scale. Maybe... it’s... brick-built megafigure scale. How brilliant a marketing bit would it be to have a megafigure sized Rita Skeeter?!

Miniland scale Diagon Alley! 

1 hour ago, Sheesh417 said:

I think the realistic thing to do is to be reasonable instead of getting hopes up with sooo many figs. It’s highly unlikely. The max amount of figs I think we’ll get are 12. Anything more is unrealistic.

But the previous DA had 12 minifigures at $150 USD. This one will be $400, surely LEGO can’t be that stingy. 

Btw if there is no Gringotts yet then I wouldn’t like the goblins to take up 2 slots. :enough:

Just now, Otherworld said:

But the previous DA had 12 minifigures at $150 USD. This one will be $400, surely LEGO can’t be that stingy. 

Exactly, I don’t think the 15-20 number people have been theorizing is out of line at all under the circumstances. 

10 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Exactly, I don’t think the 15-20 number people have been theorizing is out of line at all under the circumstances. 

Imagine how people felt when the $800 millennium falcon only came with like 8 figures ??

The only way I see more than 12 figures is if the count of figures is inflated with no named character such as witches/wizards/shopkeepers, which are only meant to fill the scene (like storm troopers or rebels) 

Or duplicates/different variants of harry/ron/hermione

Edited by Sheesh417

2 hours ago, 8fifty said:

I hope at least for those but also for some regular hogwarts ropes for the "minor" houses. I don't know if they would count as full minifigures but as someone else already said, the downside would be that they would be way too expensive to get multiples of them. (We need more minifig packs here!) But getting some more versatile representations of my beloved Ravenclaw is something I want for a long time now. I mean, sweaters are cool but robes are even cooler! (Fezes are cool as well but that's a different universe ?)

Mannequins were counted as minifigs in 10211 Grand Emporium.

As for the Gringotts speculation, considering the number of potential buildings were getting & the size Gringotts would be, I’d honestly be okay with Gringotts being omitted if it meant we’d get more details/more substantial build to the other buildings. 

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I agree. I think it’s safe to expect at least 16 minifigs. I highly doubt there will be any goblins in this set (since Gringott’s doesn’t appear to be included), but I really think the random patrons of the Leaky Cauldron will be necessary to give Diagon Alley that kooky, eccentric vibe. Doris, Daedalus, Quirrell, etc. I also think QQS is a great opportunity to get some diversity in the set with Angelina Johnson and Lee Jordan - just as you recommended.

6 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Mannequins were counted as minifigs in 10211 Grand Emporium. 

anybody know if they were counted in ninjago city?

18 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Yeah I really don't want more students in a set that could feature so many new and unique characters.

To be fair, in the 19 years since LEGO started selling Harry Potter sets, we have only ever had 1 Black student. I think 1 or 2 more students of color would be pretty new and unique for this series. And if they’re in QQS, maybe they could be in some cool new Quidditch outfits like a Holyhead Harpies or Chudley Cannons jersey.

2 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

1. Harry 

2. Ron

3. Hermione

4. Hagrid 

5. Ollivander 

6. Ice Cream Shop Guy 

7. Goblin x2

8. Lucius 

9. Lockhart 

10. Fred

11. George 

they normally don’t have figs who got recently released in other big sets this wave. I would count molly and Arthur out.

If star wars sets like cloud city can have 21 figs for $350, no reason DA cant have 20 for $400, especially if there really are 6-8 buildings, and some peeps out and about!

On the topic of minifigure count, I think it's important to note that this set will have a direct competitor in terms of licensed D2C minifigure-scale display models in this price range releasing this fall- the upcoming Mos Eisley set from Star Wars. Judging by other recent D2C SW playsets, it can be predicted that that set will include somewhere in the ballpark of 16-20 minifigures. Since this set releases only one month after DA for a similar price, I think that this range is also about what could be expected from DA (If not more, as DA is more expensive and comes from a theme that is traditionally far more generous with minifigures than SW). That being said, here's my predictions:

1. Harry Potter (PS, Leaked)

2. Ron Weasley (CoS, 75964)

3. Hermione Granger (CoS, new torso)

4. Rubeus Hagrid (75954)

5. Mr. Ollivander (40289, but with a more fitting hairpiece)

6 & 7. Gringotts Goblins x2 (PS [I think Gringotts is coming, as some of the stickers on sheet A would fit better with it that Ollivander's or Scribbulus imo, and I don't think Griphook would've been in s2 if LEGO didn't have plans for that hair/ear piece. Obviously, if Gringotts isn't included, these two can be omitted])

8. Either Rita Skeeter or the CoS Photographer [I think we'll definitely get one figure to go with the DP offices, but I doubt we'll get multiple figures from the paper.]

9. Angelina Johnson [I think she'd be the best choice to go with QQS] (torso from 75956, face from 75293)

10. Lucius Malfoy (CoS)

11. Draco Malfoy (CoS, face from 75954, torso from 75969)

12. Ginny Weasley (CoS, new face & torso)

13. Gilderoy Lockhart (Blue)

14. Florean Fortescue (Leaked)

15. Fred Weasley (WWW)

16. George Weasley (WWW)

Presuming the figure count is on the higher end, some other potential spots could go to:

17. Percy Weasley (CoS) [The only figure I could think of to go with Scribbulus, plus he's a character that many serious Potterheads want but more casual fans wouldn't mind being only in one expensive set]

18. Arthur Weasley (CoS) [Important for the F&B scene, but I could see LEGO wanting to keep his character exclusive to the Burrow, as he's one of the best figures in that set]

19. Daedalus Diggle

20. Doris Crockford

You'll note that I excluded characters from the LC as, unlike Gringotts, I don't feel confident that it'll be included based on the info we have. I'd love to see it, and if we do Tom the Barman probably upsteps Angelina Johnson in terms of essential characters for my list.

I also didn't include aged up versions of the trio, and this is because I think that perhaps the reason the CMF included just casual variants from HBP could be to go with this set so they don't have to add to this minifig budget. They aren't perfect matches except in Ron's case, and there's a good chance it's unrelated and we will get an aged-up trio in DA as well, but those are all just my two cents.

58 minutes ago, Surge said:

anybody know if they were counted in ninjago city?

They do as well. And, conversely, that set has 19 minifigs, 4867 pieces for $300. 

Hi guys! New here.

When can we expect to get the New sets Here is the us? I hate waiting :/

so excited for diagon alley to leak! I was hoping it was standard scale? Is it really gonna be microscale? How does the Voldemort person know

4 minutes ago, AlexV said:

Hi guys! New here.

When can we expect to get the New sets Here is the us? I hate waiting :/

so excited for diagon alley to leak! I was hoping it was standard scale? Is it really gonna be microscale? How does the Voldemort person know

Sept 1st in LEGO stores(others as well), looks to be mid August for Target. Not going to be microscale, the stickers now prove it won’t be. 

Edited by Vindicare

3 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

I think 12 is unrealistically low. I'm putting my money on somewhere in the 16-20 range

2 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

Imagine how people felt when the $800 millennium falcon only came with like 8 figures ??

But the Falcon was mainly a giant display set, DA will be much more focused on minifigs

Edited by Guyon2002