Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Let’s talk minifigs! How many do folks think we are getting? Who does everyone think we are going to get now that we know what shops will be included?

I’m thinking Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Hagrid, Gilderoy Lockhart, Florean Fortescue, and Ollivander will be in there for sure, but beyond that I’m not holding any bets on anyone, so I’m really excited to see who’s left! 15 or so figures feels like a good number but I’m obviously welcome to more than that

Edited by Holden Brickfield
Spelling mistake

Hey guys, I’m throwing out a completely logical, reasonable theory here. Just stating facts and asking questions. Please don’t ban me for this like you did all the other truth tellers. But, hear me out. Maybe it’s no minifigure scale. Maybe... it’s... brick-built megafigure scale. How brilliant a marketing bit would it be to have a megafigure sized Rita Skeeter?!

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Let’s talk minifigs! How many do folks think we are getting? Who does everyone think we are going to get now that we know what shops will be included? Is there any chance we will get some more randos like Tom the Barman, Daedalus Diggle, and Doris Crockford? I’m almost looking forward to the Diagon Alley minifigs as much as the beautiful SYSTEM SCALE sets!

I used to want Death Star quantity figures, but I feel like the more figures we get are just going to reduce the quality of the builds. Kind of hoping it's just something like the trio and then one figure per building. Whether that's a shop keeper  "Fortesque" or significant other "Lochkart". At that rate, looking at about 10-12 is my guess.

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Is there anyone who rivals him? I know Harrison Ford used to be the first to have 2 characters made, but he's been long surpassed.

The next actors/actresses in line (again ignoring voiceroles) all have 3 figures, namely: Cate Blanchett, Silas Carson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Johnny Depp, Samuel L Jackson, Michael Keaton, Alfred Molina, Temuera Morrison, Chris Parsons and Andy Serkis

So in terms of physical roles Davis definetely takes the cake!

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Cate Blanchett, Silas Carson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Johnny Depp, Samuel L Jackson, Michael Keaton, Alfred Molina, Temuera Morrison, Chris Parsons and Andy Serkis

I would love to know who they all are, I can obviously name a few of them, I don’t even know who Silas Carson is ngl, same for Chris Parsons ☺️

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Let’s talk minifigs! How many do folks think we are getting? Who does everyone think we are going to get now that we know what shops will be included? Is there any chance we will get some more randos like Tom the Barman, Daedalus Diggle, and Doris Crockford? I’m almost looking forward to the Diagon Alley minifigs as much as the beautiful SYSTEM SCALE sets!

I don't think Tom and the other two are very likely anymore without a leaky cauldron. Personally I think it's gonna be something like this:

Harry, Ice cream man, Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, Ginny, Lockhart, Lucious, Draco, DP photographer, Hagrid, Ollivander, Fenrir, Quirrel

Sorry, my bad everyone! I thought I could go eat dinner without this place burning down again. :blush:

Let's get back on topic--thanks! :thumbup:

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

I don't think Tom and the other two are very likely anymore without a leaky cauldron. Personally I think it's gonna be something like this:

Harry, Ice cream man, Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, Ginny, Lockhart, Lucious, Draco, DP photographer, Hagrid, Ollivander, Fenrir, Quirrel

Didn’t we agree that those stickers in the upper left hand corner of sheet B were from the Prisoner of Azkaban scene in the Leaky Cauldron? I missed a few pages of conversation - was in Zoom meetings all morning.

20 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

“Youknowwho” is “LordVoldemort”

20 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

He’s back

Spoilers!

I really don't see them revealing Diagon Alley without Gringotts and if it wasn't included they would have to reveal it at the same time as a seperate set. It just doesn't make sense (here is all the street minus one iconic building). If it was modular I'd be fine with that and I think this is why people say they would be happy for it to be seperate as they would be happy to buy a building every year and have all the extra detail that modular builds get. Buy its not modular at $400 so I just don't see it happening. 

Ignore the trolls and all their doppelgangers 

5 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Didn’t we agree that those stickers in the upper left hand corner of sheet B were from the Prisoner of Azkaban scene in the Leaky Cauldron?

I'm hopeful. I was able to find the individual posters in that scene but I'm not sure where the large sticker of them is supposed to be if that is the LC. If you could point me to the scene, I'd be grateful.

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Except it isn’t likely, at all, the sticker sheet confirms that it is not microscale, literally NONE of the stickers even suggest it would be Microscale, this “Microscale” potential stuff is only ever brought up to cause arguments because EVERYONE knows that there is no way in the deepest depths of Azkaban it will be Microscale ??‍♂️

Heck, this is good enough evidence for me that it's minifig scale! If I'm finally believing it (and accepting it :laugh:) you know it's good enough evidence! 

I'm wondering if it'll be a row of highly detailed shop fronts with a fair bit of interior? Seems a lot of shops for even if it was 6k pieces (ok.that could do it probably, but I forget the amount of pieces it'll have... Wasn't it 4k or thereabouts?) 

It appears I'm late to the party on the CMF series as well... I couldn't find the leaks when people were commenting on when they got leaked just over a week ago... But I just finally seen them all, and oh my gosh, they've literally done amazing on every single one! Especially moaning mertle, such an irrefutable likeness! Even the face print. And Dumbledor having the phoenix (forgive me, i forget it's name), his figure is so detailed! Not to mention all others are so very detailed. I told myself I wouldn't get anymore boxes of cmf's... Thanks TLG :hmpf::laugh:

Edited by Fuppylodders

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Didn’t we agree that those stickers in the upper left hand corner of sheet B were from the Prisoner of Azkaban scene in the Leaky Cauldron? I missed a few pages of conversation - was in Zoom meetings all morning.

Meh, I'm still not convinced on that one, but it's of course still up in the air. But if the lc is included those figures will definitely be included. +probably a fudge figure. I just hope they'll go with poa Tom. Way more recognisable imo.

30 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m thinking personally:

1) Harry Potter PS version

2) Hermoine COS version with the black cloak and blue sweater

3) Ron COS version black cloak and R sweater

4) Hagrid

5) Lucius Malfoy

6) Draco Malfoy

7) Professor Lockhart blue attire

8) 2x goblins 

9) Fred Weasley (HBP)

10) George Weasley (HBP)

11) Ginny Weasley (COS)

12) Florean Fortescue 

13) 2x Quidditch mannequins (Would be cool to see Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, but Gryffindor and Slytherin more likely) 

14) Rita Skeeter

15) 2x Death Eaters 

Maybe toss in a couple of random vendors and pedestrians, and I think that covers it pretty well. So about 17 actual minifigs and 2 mannequins.Though I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if there are an older set of the trio included as well like in the UCS Millennium Falcon. 

Edited by RODDY

2 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I just hope they'll go with poa Tom. Way more recognisable imo.

Probably more reckonisable but I think that characterisation of him is really weird. I think the book describes him as hunchbacked but I didn't get the impression that he was creepy or simple in the way that movie shows him. He's like some horror movie butler caricature.

I think we definitely should get more than two goblins in DA. They wouldn’t require new molds since they can reuse Griphook’s head piece.  

16 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Interestingly, there is a similiar styled sticker (Although not the same) on the side of the Bourgin and Bourkes in the 2011 Diagon Alley. Just noticed it last night when I was reading a review.

Just now, Zepthire said:

Probably more reckonisable but I think that characterisation of him is really weird. I think the book describes him as hunchbacked but I didn't get the impression that he was creepy or simple in the way that movie shows him. He's like some horror movie butler caricature.

Nope, this is the book description: "A little man in a top hat was talking to the old bartender, who was quite bald and looked like a toothless walnut." Making him a hunchback with a creepy face was a directorial decision, which drastically changed his appearance from the PS film.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Based on the buildings we KNOW we’re getting:

- Ollivander’s: Ollivander (from 2018), Hagrid (2018), Harry )in PS/SS casual clothes) (leaked)

- Flourish & Blotts: Ron, Hermione, and Ginny (all in CoS casual clothes), Molly Weasley, Gilderoy Lockhart, Lucius Malfoy, Draco (CoS casual clothes)

- Daily Prophet offices: Photographer (seen in CoS) 

Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes: Fred and George 

Fortescue’s Ice Cream: Fortescue (leaked)

Quality Quidditch Supplies: Angelina Johnson and Lee Jordan (just because I really want them)

Sribbulus: I got nuthin’ :def_shrug: might be an interesting chance to give us Percy?

Now the buildings we don’t know we’re getting but are strong possibilities: 

- Gringotts: pair of goblins (with different heads and torsos, preferably one who has half moon glasses like the teller who serves Harry in PS/SS)

- Leaky Cauldron: Tom the barkeep, Doris Crockford (works at the Daily Prophet and we need more witches), maybe Cornelius Fudge (2019) 

I’m looking at the resulting numbers and... this is actually doable? Which kinda surprised me. 

Edited by Accio Lego

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

My predictions are currently:

1. Harry Potter (PS) (Confirmed)
2. Rubeus Hagrid (repeat)
3. Garrick Ollivander (repeat)
4. Ron Weasley (COS)
5. Hermione Granger (COS)
6. Florean Fortesque (Confirmed)
7. Gilderoy Lockhart (blue outfit)
8. Arthur Weasley (From Flourish and Blotts scene with hat)
9. Ginny Weasley (COS)
10. Lucius Malfoy 
11. Draco Malfoy (COS)
12-13. Quidditch Mannequins (x2)
14. Rita Skeeter
15. Fred Weasley (HBP)
16. George Weasley (HBP)

If the Leaky Cauldron is included:
17. Tom (PS or POA)
18. Dedalus Diggle
19. Doris Crockford
20. Quirinus Quirrell (repeat)
21. Cornielius Fudge (largly a repeat except the hat could be replaced with a hairpiece)

If Gringotts is included:
22. Gringotts Head Goblin
23. Griphook (PS)

Edited by spiderfan2000

Does anyone know if on average whether minfigures are worth a certain amount of regular parts? So if you add one extra minifigure to the line up then the set size may drop by an approximate amount of pieces?

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

What would you all say to dumbledore’s hair used for Lucius 

I'd say Lucius is going Grey! Hahaha! :-D

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Based on the buildings we KNOW we’re getting:

- Ollivander’s: Ollivander (from 2018), Hagrid (2018), Harry )in PS/SS casual clothes) (leaked)

- Flourish & Blotts: Ron, Hermione, and Ginny (all in CoS casual clothes), Molly Weasley, Gilderoy Lockhart, Lucius Malfoy, Draco (CoS casual clothes)

- Daily Prophet offices: Photographer (seen in CoS) 

Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes: Fred and George 

Fortescue’s Ice Cream: Fortescue (leaked)

Quality Quidditch Supplies: Angelina Johnson and Lee Jordan (just because I really want them)

Sribbulus: I got nuthin’ :def_shrug: might be an interesting chance to give us Percy?

Now the buildings we don’t know we’re getting but are strong possibilities: 

- Gringotts: pair of goblins (with different heads and torsos, preferably one who has half moon glasses like the teller who serves Harry in PS/SS)

- Leaky Cauldron: Tom the barkeep, Doris Crockford (works at the Daily Prophet and we need more witches), maybe Cornelius Fudge (2019) 

I’m looking at the resulting numbers and... this is actually doable? Which kinda surprised me. 

This sounds actually pretty reasonable. Although maybe Arthur over Molly

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

What would you all say to dumbledore’s hair used for Lucius 

Very likely. I think that's the very reason they made Dumbledore without the hat.