Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

I dont think that it will be exclusively micro scaled but I thing a mixture would be interesting to see. I am all for a Minifigure scale set, but I just hope that it done justice to and isn't hallow facades. I just hope there is depth to the set, that's all. Especially when the last Diagon Alley set was $150 with only 2025 pieces (including 12 Minifigs). That was only three buildings. if that rate continued, for $400 dollars you'd only see about 5000 pieces. and for 5000 pieces I cant imagine 8/9 shops and a large assortment of Minifigs that people want. Its all just confusing. 

My thinking here, and you’re free to disagree with me on this conclusion, is that, looking at the sticker sheets, the shops you can tell are in the set based on sheets A, B, and C, seem to me to be small-medium sized shops (with the exception of Florean Fortescue’s, which I’m guessing is just a stand), Ollivander’s probably being the biggest of those shops. WWW would appear to be the largest of the confirmed shops (and all this is based on how many stickers are devoted to each shop). I only estimate 7 shops not counting the ice cream stand, and that’s still assuming Gringotts is included, with a good portion of those shops individually probably not taking up as many pieces as any of the three buildings from the 2011 DA set, so a 5,000 piece count doesn’t seem all that far-fetched to do justice to the shops, at least to me

Edited by Holden Brickfield

Just now, chris6507 said:

Just out of curiosity, and I don't in any way believe the set is micro scale. But if it was, are the many of you who would buy it? I know I would go straight from a first day purchase to a not at all purchase! Lol.

I also dont believe its microscale, I just have some doubts on the overall size of the set. with that said, if the set looks anything like the microscale hogwarts, I think it would look great and they would compliment each other, side by side. the GWP DA set in my opinion was tooooo small. it was more micro micro micro scale. But if its looks great and compliments Hogwarts well and has great figs I think I would still get it. The thing for me is, scale dont matter too much, its more on how great the build looks on display (when it comes to D2Cs). Im just excited/nervous to see what it looks like. 

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Just out of curiosity, and I don't in any way believe the set is micro scale. But if it was, are the many of you who would buy it? I know I would go straight from a first day purchase to a not at all purchase! Lol.

Yeah, that’s gonna be a no from me dawg.

4 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

A casual LEGO Harry Potter fan and/or just Harry Potter fan will. The microscale Hogwarts got toy of the year and sold well. 

I guess we shall see soon if Lord Voldemort was right all along. And that it’s either all microscale or partly microscale. 

Just now, Holden Brickfield said:

My thinking here, and you’re free to disagree with me on this conclusion, is that, looking at the sticker sheets, the shops you can tell are in the set based on sheets A, B, and C, seem to me to be small-medium sized shops (with the exception of Florean Fortescue’s, which I’m guessing is just a stand), Ollivander’s probably being the biggest of those shops. WWW would appear to be the largest of the confirmed shops (and all this is based on how many stickers are devoted to each shop). I only estimate 7 shops not counting the ice cream stand, and that’s still assuming Gringotts is included, with a good portion of those shops probably not taking up as many pieces as any of the three buildings from the 2011 DA set, so a 5,000 piece count doesn’t seem all that far-fetched to do justice to the shops

Thats not too bad when you put it that way, but I think it would be great (im sure everyone does too) if all the shops were just as detailed. I guess its just me still hoping that we'd get diagon alley sets that were like modular style (2/3 shops in each set) and released yearly that connect to each other like the Minifigure scale Hogwarts. 

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I find it hard to imagination that some buildings are similar to modulars while others are more like buildings in city sets, if that is what you mean?
Of course there is a size difference on the buildings, but they are most likely in scale and looks to each other :shrug_oh_well:

I guess what I mean is that the big four would get more  fleshed our interiors where the lesser known shops will have no interior or just be hollow. I think that the exteriors will all be similar qualities but the interiors will range from building to building based on how prevalent they are in the films, some larger or smaller than others, while some may have no interior at all. I’m sorry if I’m being confusing, I’m not much of a word smith. 

35 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Didn’t buy the last Hogwarts D2C, no way would I buy a mIcRoScAlE dIaGoN aLlEy. Never been fan of other scales besides system scale. Minifigs are just as important component as the build itself in my honest opinion, and not getting minifigs in a set is a real drawback to me. That’s why my favorite sets always have a boatload of great minifigs like the Ewok Village and by the sounds of it the upcoming Diagon Alley.

Edited by RODDY

6 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Yeah that would definitely be a no for me. Skipped the microscale Hogwarts, skip this one. If only the figures weren't that expensive to buy on bricklink or ebay and such.

Just now, Youknowwho said:

I guess we shall see soon if Lord Voldemort was right all along. And that it’s either all microscale or partly microscale. 

Or not microscale at all ofcourse :wink:. Either way if it is microscale, which it isn't, he would've just made a lucky guess. He trolled about way more than just diagon alley.

1 minute ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Or not microscale at all ofcourse :wink:. Either way if it is microscale, which it isn't, he would've just made a lucky guess. He trolled about way more than just diagon alley.

You guys only believe the leakers you want too. That’s why you worshiped kingnono for so long, (proven fake) when the real one (Voldemort) was banned. 

Edited by Youknowwho

1 minute ago, Sheesh417 said:

I guess its just me still hoping that we'd get diagon alley sets that were like modular style (2/3 shops in each set) and released yearly that connect to each other like the Minifigure scale Hogwarts.

Oh no, I agree, that would’ve been really cool, it just doesn’t seem like that’s gonna be the case here. I have faith in the designers that they’re gonna put as much care into this set as we’ve come to expect over the last 3 years, so I’m not too worried

12 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I’m determined to buy every set of the reboot so I would definitely still buy it. I’m sure it would still be a very nice looking set (the micro scale version we have is beautiful). And obviously there are exclusive minifigures. So it would still be worth buying but I would be very disappointed and I would still hope for a system scale version somewhere down the line. But it won’t be microscale. We have a microscale version. A new microscale version wouldn’t be large enough for a $400 D2C. The stickers point to system scale. So there’s nothing to be worried about. 

I feel like we are starting to fall for Lord Voldermort's trap. Let's just forget about this micro scale discussion because we are letting the enemy win. All the evidence shows that it will be mini figure scale. 

Oh my god.... I just can't..... why are we discussing this again?! We've been over this so many ftimes I've lost count! We have solid proof that it isn't microscale so why does this discussion come up again? At this point it's almost as if some of you are in an abusive relationship with that guy, you know what he's like yet every single time he returns you keep crawling back to him. Just ignore him and put this useless microscale discussion to rest :wall: Can we please just move on to a relevant topic? Shop size? Set configuration?

Just now, Tommy269 said:

I feel like we are starting to fall for Lord Voldermort's trap. Let's just forget about this micro scale discussion because we are letting the enemy win. All the evidence shows that it will be mini figure scale. 

Sorry, I wasn't at all trying to entertain the idea that it's microscale. Was just generally curious if such a thing would actually have a market! :-)

Just now, Youknowwho said:

You guys only believe the leakers you want too. That’s why you worshiped kingnono for so long, when the real one was banned. 

Have you even read our counter arguments? If you want a civilised discussion like you said you wanted that's the least you can do. Also did we suddenly forget about the time he faked some screenshots of a conversatile between him a kingnono, the other fraud? Either way that's the last I'll have to say about him. Don't want the topic to be closed again now that a reveal is right around the corner.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Can we please just move on to a relevant topic? Shop size? Set configuration?

Oh no, not shop size, that's basically gonna be about scale all over again :laugh_hard:

I’m putting my money down on August 18th for the announcement date. Hope it’s earlier but 2 weeks in between sounds reasonable

Just a little question to break the tension a bit .. with the introduction of Griphook in the new series .. is Warwick Davis going to become the person with most minifigs made of characters he’s played ?? I think his total will become 6 .. Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars), Wald (Star Wars), Professor Filius Flitwick (Harry Potter), DD-BD (Star Wars), Weazel (Star Wars) .. and now Griphook ( Harry Potter ) 

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Oh no, not shop size, that's basically gonna be about scale all over again :laugh_hard:

At least shop size is a lot better than ''Do YoU gUyS tHiNk It'S mIcRoScAlE?'' :tongue:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Oh my god.... I just can't..... why are we discussing this again?! We've been over this so many ftimes I've lost count! We have solid proof that it isn't microscale so why does this discussion come up again? At this point it's almost as if some of you are in an abusive relationship with that guy, you know what he's like yet every single time he returns you keep crawling back to him. Just ignore him and put this useless microscale discussion to rest :wall: Can we please just move on to a relevant topic? Shop size? Set configuration?

YES! Enough is enough. I am so sick of this discussion. We are falling into his trap all over again. It happens every time. Can we all just agree to stop feeding the troll? “Youknowwho” is “LordVoldemort”. This guy made multiple fake accounts, stalked and harassed poor @RODDY, and sent creepy private messages to many of us under different guises. He’s back. Please just ignore.

Just now, Jarreth2 said:

Just a little question to break the tension a bit .. with the introduction of Griphook in the new series .. is Warwick Davis going to become the person with most minifigs made of characters he’s played ?? I think his total will become 6 .. Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars), Wald (Star Wars), Professor Filius Flitwick (Harry Potter), DD-BD (Star Wars), Weazel (Star Wars) .. and now Griphook ( Harry Potter ) 

If you just look at physical performances (so no voiceroles) he already is the actor with the most figures

Just now, Modal said:

I’m putting my money down on August 18th for the announcement date. Hope it’s earlier but 2 weeks in between sounds reasonable

I can see this. Regardless, it's exciting to think that it's certainly no more than two weeks away :excited:

Let’s talk minifigs! How many do folks think we are getting? Who does everyone think we are going to get now that we know what shops will be included? Is there any chance we will get some more randos like Tom the Barman, Daedalus Diggle, and Doris Crockford? I’m almost looking forward to the Diagon Alley minifigs as much as the beautiful SYSTEM SCALE sets!

Just now, sebastian666 said:

YES! Enough is enough. I am so sick of this discussion. We are falling into his trap all over again. It happens every time. Can we all just agree to stop feeding the troll? “Youknowwho” is “LordVoldemort”. This guy made multiple fake accounts, stalked and harassed poor @RODDY, and sent creepy private messages to many of us under different guises. He’s back. Please just ignore.

Please don’t spread false information- like you guys do with every person who happens to think it’s possible that Voldemort was telling the truth all this time and was banned because of it.

All the signs, piece count, pricing, lego business strategy, not knowing the scale of the stickers- all points to microscale or at least some part of it being microscale. 

we will find out in due time. Let’s keep it civil and discuss LEGO appropriately. Don’t attack someone for having a theory or opinion. 

Just now, Modal said:

I'm gonna say august 21. I always felt Friday was gonna be reveal day somehow xD.

Just now, Jarreth2 said:

Definitely, I believe he even said so himself someday. Especially as Griphook was basically already a figure. Now if only we got a Lego ideas willow set. Is there anyone who rivals him? I know Harrison Ford used to be the first to have 2 characters made, but he's been long surpassed.

3 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

He most likely is, but I kind of feel like Warrick Davis kind of doesn't count considering he is basically just a guy in a suit for the most part. Love the guy, but there's barely any figures that actually sport any aspect of his face. Feels kind of like a different league to others like Christopher Lee and Chris Pratt.