Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Let's just get this over with guys. Ignore him and leave it to the mods, he's not worth our time :hmpf:

Why am I being attacked for expressing a theory that is likely? So many users were banned for expressing this now, am I going to be banned for this too? 

You are confirming that the door sticker Is standard scale, when there is no way to confirm that? You have no idea how big that sticker is, because of the photo taken. 

I'm really looking forward to this minifigure lineup. I'm hoping to fill in some gaps like Lockhart, Lucius and the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff student robes.

I'm also hoping they take this opportunity to introduce a new broom. The old one looks pretty out of place in the current sets.

Just now, Youknowwho said:

Why am I being attacked for expressing a theory that is likely? So many users were banned for expressing this now, am I going to be banned for this too? 

You are confirming that the door sticker Is standard scale, when there is no way to confirm that? You have no idea how big that sticker is, because of the photo taken. 

You can confirm it because the door sticker has a notch in it. The notch in it is for a stud handle. The door sticks on the microscale Hogwarts didnt have notches. 

Just now, Sheesh417 said:

You can confirm it because the door sticker has a notch in it. The notch in it is for a stud handle. The door sticks on the microscale Hogwarts didnt have notches. 

Don’t respond to them, if you respond they have a reason to reply, the only way to get rid of trolls is to ignore them

Just now, strangely said:

I'm really looking forward to this minifigure lineup. I'm hoping to fill in some gaps like Lockhart, Lucius and the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff student robes.

Someone on here had the idea that if we got a Quality Quidditch Supplies, it could include Racenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidditch robes on mannequins. I think that’s our best chance at getting anything from those two houses, though. If the shops included Madam Malkins it might be a different story.

Just now, strangely said:

As much as I love all the builds, it's the minifigures I truly love. Lockhart is one of my most wanted too. I was really hoping we'd get him in the CMF with a cornish pixie, but alas it's not to be. I can't see him not being in DA now though. Lucius will also be welcome although his last figure wasn't bad and again I think he must be in DA and if somehow not in a set next year. I also really want a Rita Skeeter, Fred and George.

Not to add fuel to the fire but has anyone considered that the set can be both a mix of minifig and micro scale? If it is Diagon Alley, I think It would be kind of cool if the designers did a forced perspective thing where shops and buildings looked bigger closer to the front of the alley and shops towards the back would be smaller or microscale? 

I keep imagining that Diagon Alley would be like the modular buildings (smaller of course) but with a 400 dollar price point, I dont see it happening. I would hate to see just facades of buildings. I would love to see depth. 

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Someone on here had the idea that if we got a Quality Quidditch Supplies, it could include Racenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidditch robes on mannequins

Honestly I would love that so much, I need me some darn Ravenclaw Quidditch robes ?

Not to add fuel to the fire but has anyone considered that the set can be both a mix of minifig and micro scale? If it is Diagon Alley, I think It would be kind of cool if the designers did a forced perspective thing where shops and buildings looked bigger closer to the front of the alley and shops towards the back would be smaller or microscale? 

I keep imagining that Diagon Alley would be like the modular buildings (smaller of course) but with a 400 dollar price point, I dont see it happening. I would hate to see just facades of buildings. I would love to see depth. 

I believe people have mentioned the forced perspective idea but personally, I don't think it would be as good a seller as a normal Diagon Alley with all minifig scale shops.

gUyS iS tHe DiAgOn aLlEy MiCrOsCaLe?!?!?!?! 

Edited by RODDY

Just now, RODDY said:

gUyS iS tHe DiAgOn aLlEy MiCrOsCaLe?!?!?!?! Lmao, that gig is already up

No. The micro scale hogwarts used standard scale doors in some instances. And no one can even confirm the scale of the stickers regardless. 

I really hope it'll include Leicester Square with the LEGO brand retail store since it has to be micro scale. :sarcasm:

I will be sooooo glad that once the set is revealed we can put to bed so many "theories" or rather personal assumptions. :wink:

Just now, Salix said:

I really hope it'll include Leicester Square with the LEGO brand retail store since it has to be micro scale. :sarcasm:

I will be sooooo glad that once the set is revealed we can put to bed so many "theories" or rather personal assumptions. :wink:

Or, yanoe, just get rid of trolls ??, but yeah, I would love to see the size of the $400 Microscale Diagon Alley plus Half of London ????

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

I believe people have mentioned the forced perspective idea but personally, I don't think it would be as good a seller as a normal Diagon Alley with all minifig scale shops.

I agree with that too, I love to see great Minifigures scale shops, but with the amount of shops rumored, I think that a lot of buildings at that price point may not be possible. Unless the set is 6000+ pieces like Hogwarts. The Taj Mahal at $370 had 5923 pieces. But if its around 4000 pieces, its just hard to visualize. Especially when considering if there are exclusive figs like Lockhart or skeeter included, that just adds to a higher price with a lower piece count. 

No. The micro scale hogwarts used standard scale doors in some instances. And no one can even confirm the scale of the stickers regardless. 

Oh hi LordVoldemort, AshleyBricks, Legolegend, Bellatrix, and lord knows how many other alt accounts. My favorite stalker has returned. Can you at least try making a decent  attempt at being someone else? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

Wrong 

I agree with that too, I love to see great Minifigures scale shops, but with the amount of shops rumored, I think that a lot of buildings at that price point may not be possible. Unless the set is 6000+ pieces like Hogwarts. The Taj Mahal at $370 had 5923 pieces. But if its around 4000 pieces, its just hard to visualize. Especially when considering if there are exclusive figs like Lockhart or skeeter included, that just adds to a higher price with a lower piece count. 

Exactly. The Sheer amount of shops, It’s seems unrealistic at that price point. I think Voldemort was right about getting microscale and/or a mixture of both

4 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

I get what you're saying. 4000 pieces sounds almost too little for the number of shops and inevitable detail but the evidence from the sticker sheets do point to minifig scale shops. That being said, I'm not sure if that piece count is exact or just an educated guess. I guess we'll see :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Someone on here had the idea that if we got a Quality Quidditch Supplies, it could include Racenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidditch robes on mannequins. I think that’s our best chance at getting anything from those two houses, though. If the shops included Madam Malkins it might be a different story.

Omg, that would be amazing. I hadn't even thought of that but that's probably the only way we'll ever get them. That reminds me, I still need to pick up a second quidditch set to complete the field. Just waiting for a good deal.

On a side note, I kinda wished they would include the fantastic beasts book for F&B. Especially after just watching the movies. (They were actually pretty enjoyable, really want more sets. Just bought the dimensions pack I skipped to get Macusa). Although maybe it fits better in a cmf series as that way it will be printed rather than stickered (such a shame about lockhart's book, I hate stickers).

That's for doors that are huge. The one in diagon alley is your standard door size, so about the size of the one in hagrid's hut and privet drive. The small space left open for a stud on the sticker gives us a scale, as we know the size of a Lego stud. That immediately gives us a scale for the other stickers as well. If the door was microscale  (and thus the sticker) they would have just put a doorhandle on the sticker as there are no pieces that include anything that could go there otherwise. Forced perspective is also not the case as lego always choose either one or the other. Besides the stickers are all in the same scale towards eachother so that rules that out. Lastly, if the door still doesn't change your mind, the sticker for lockhart's book definitely shows the scale we're getting. I used to be open minded about the chance of it being microscale, just to prepare myself for potential disappointment, but the stickers don't lie.

I've been wondering if the scale is going to be somewhat similar to the old Diagon Alley set. The new one is basically 2-3 times the price and is slated to have 2-3 times the amount of buildings, so it kind of adds up.

Also, don't know if i'd be happy or sad getting Ravenclaw and Quidditch uniforms in the D2C. On the one hand it would be awesome to get them, but on the other hand, I will never be able to make full teams as the torsos would cost a fortune. Lol.

Edited by chris6507

1 minute ago, Youknowwho said:

Exactly. The Sheer amount of shops, It’s seems unrealistic at that price point. I think Voldemort was right about getting microscale and/or a mixture of both

I dont think that it will be exclusively micro scaled but I thing a mixture would be interesting to see. I am all for a Minifigure scale set, but I just hope that it done justice to and isn't hallow facades. I just hope there is depth to the set, that's all. Especially when the last Diagon Alley set was $150 with only 2025 pieces (including 12 Minifigs). That was only three buildings. if that rate continued, for $400 dollars you'd only see about 5000 pieces. and for 5000 pieces I cant imagine 8/9 shops and a large assortment of Minifigs that people want. Its all just confusing. 

9 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

we don't know the exact size of the buildings that are included, we just no that they are going to included. If it is MicRoSCalE then 5 times the amount of buildings would have to be included. The DA GWP wasn't micro scale, so if they made that micro scale. The rumoured $400 USD price tag would be ridiculous. Either way, the DA could only be mini figure scale if it costs $400. 

I am sorry about the 'Hostility' that you have been receiving and if you really aren't Lord Voldermort I deeply apologise. But you must understand, we have been really scared by people with voldermort related names. If you are lord voldermort, (lets be real ,you definitely are) just leave please. 

Just go

like now

Edited by Tommy269

I dont think that it will be exclusively micro scaled but I thing a mixture would be interesting to see. I am all for a Minifigure scale set, but I just hope that it done justice to and isn't hallow facades. I just hope there is depth to the set, that's all. Especially when the last Diagon Alley set was $150 with only 2025 pieces (including 12 Minifigs). That was only three buildings. if that rate continued, for $400 dollars you'd only see about 5000 pieces. and for 5000 pieces I cant imagine 8/9 shops and a large assortment of Minifigs that people want. Its all just confusing. 

Exactly. Thank you for acknowledging this. The others won’t out of fear for the microscale possibility. 

Just out of curiosity, and I don't in any way believe the set is micro scale. But if it was, are the many of you who would buy it? I know I would go straight from a first day purchase to a not at all purchase! Lol.

Just now, chris6507 said:

Just out of curiosity, and I don't in any way believe the set is micro scale. But if it was, are the many of you who would buy it? I know I would go straight from a first day purchase to a not at all purchase! Lol.

I wouldn't get it. Granted I don't even have enough to get anyway, it wouldn't make a difference but IF I had the money I would absolutely not get it. Unless it came with some really incredible minifigs, then I might consider it. In case that wasn't clear, no.

Edited by Brick Guru