Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I mean it might happen, certainly a possibility, but it won't be as user friendly as the bay. We've seen the reactions of people having maybe to buy gringotts separately. Just imagine the reaction if on top of that they'll also have to buy a second 400 diagon alley xD.

And honestly if they approach it as a 2 in 1 set I'll doubt Gringotts will be one of the options. The building requires way too many different stones compared to the other shops. I mean I believe it's the only white building on the street.

If it happen the most likely scenario is that the small/medium shops are 2 in 1, something like Gringotts would be the same maybe with the exception that if you buy 2 sets you could add more floors to the building..
Anyway the designers must outdo themself to pull something like that of so most likely it is not like that, but I find some of the minor inclusions pretty odd especially since the more famous ones are so far not included (as far as we know based on the sticker leak) :wacko:

We don't really think they'd do a D2C Harry Potter set as a 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 do we? That feels about as realistic as that fake leaker being correct to me :def_shrug: if I spend $400 on a set and it's technically only half of the set....I would not buy that set personally. I don't think anyone is really happy in that case. Plus you'd end up with buildings that look nearly identical representing very different buildings and that just seems so anti what this reboot has been so far: very detailed and specific sets

18 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I think Gringotts, WWW, Ollivander’s, and Flourish and Blotts will probably be fully fleshed with the majority of the pieces so from 5,000 I’d say 3,500 pieces so about a 900 pieces a piece which should be more than enough to do those stores justice. Especially considering how well The Burrow was done at that piece range. The other 1,500 will probably go to facades like QQS since the memorable scene in the movie is Harry looking at the broomstick, Scribulus, Daily Prophet, and Florean’s since they really don’t get much screen time

I find it hard to imagination that some buildings are similar to modulars while others are more like buildings in city sets, if that is what you mean?
Of course there is a size difference on the buildings, but they are most likely in scale and looks to each other :shrug_oh_well:

Hello everyone!  I found this group during the shutdown/quarantine and have been so very appreciative of the content!  This is my first post, so hopefully everyone is kind... That said, can we all just take a big deep breath?  :laugh: Leaks are exciting and cool but it's not worth getting actually upset over.... Until 2018, HP was a dead product line and now look at all the amazing sets that have been created.  Given the degree that all of the sets are now inter-connected, I think it is evident that Lego has a plan for all of the sets we have, the sets we are pretty sure we are getting AND all the sets we dont even know are already happening behind the scenes.  Based on the sticker sheets for DA, we are getting a LOT of the street.  I hope we get a facade of the LC that serves as one end of the set and a facade of Gringotts that serves as the other end.  I dont need a big huge bank set. Besides, it does already exist from the last time they did a DA set.  It seems like the plan was to include shops and scenes that allow for more minifigs and stickers/prints to give endless options and MOCing opportunity to the fans out there.  Adding in a full detail bank means lots of basic goblins and white bricks that are fairly specific. That takes away from all of those figures and shops so many are clamoring for (Lockhart, Rita Skeeter, WWW, etc). I love some of the curveballs in the upcoming CMF series and am really excited to see the DA set.  Also, it seems from the comments, that most people are going to grab the set regardless and/or that future sets could be added to enhance existing sets.  Perhaps a Gringotts set released next year could be the interior of the bank and the underground sections that could attach to the facade possibly coming in the DA set.  Not needed to complete DA, can stand alone as a set, but when combined, holy cow, it is next level.  Either way, happy building, enjoy that we are even getting new sets and only the best to you!

Sorry, just about to hit 'fire' on getting the CMF from 'The Minifigure Store' in the UK but this would change my mind...do Lego themselves sell whole boxes of 60 on their website or do they only go to retailers? I wasn't collecting when the 1st series came out and got them on Ebay after.

Just now, chrisincanada said:

Sorry, just about to hit 'fire' on getting the CMF from 'The Minifigure Store' in the UK but this would change my mind...do Lego themselves sell whole boxes of 60 on their website or do they only go to retailers? I wasn't collecting when the 1st series came out and got them on Ebay after.

That's what I'm hoping they will do as I think it might be the route I take if so. They never use to, but for some (maybe all I don't know) of the last few series Lego has sold a full box on their website at some point.

If Gringotts isn't included, I reckon it may be addressed in the designer video. Something along the lines of "keep your eyes peeled for Gringotts", not exactly confirming it, but leaving a hint. I also just preordered the cmf series off The Minifigure Store UK, which is exciting to get a full set for just over the same price it would be to buy it bag-by-bag. Thanks for pointing that option out @RogueTwo, it's really made things easier, since I'll no longer have to feel bags discretely with gloves on :laugh:

A bit disappointed by the character selection for the 2nd wave of CMF. Those that weren't already leaked are pretty bland. I was really hoping for characters with an army-building potential like death eaters or Crabbe and Goyle.

1 minute ago, chrisincanada said:

Lego did start selling full boxes of the last few series of CMF's but I never saw Series 20 actually available from them.  It always said Sold Out on the US website for series 20.  Keep in mind Lego charges full RRP for a box when they offer them, no discount.  I previously ordered HP series 1 full box from an ebay seller when they came out.  I just pre-ordered HP series 2 from MiniFigures Plus here in the US at a discounted price of $209 for the full box with free shipping through an offer on another forum.

2 minutes ago, karrit said:

Lego did start selling full boxes of the last few series of CMF's but I never saw Series 20 actually available from them.  It always said Sold Out on the US website for series 20.  Keep in mind Lego charges full RRP for a box when they offer them, no discount.  I previously ordered HP series 1 full box from an ebay seller when they came out.  I just pre-ordered HP series 2 from MiniFigures Plus here in the US at a discounted price of $209 for the full box with free shipping through an offer on another forum.

Is that offer still available? I don't see it on their website.

33 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Is that offer still available? I don't see it on their website.

It isn't on their website.  It was an offer they posted on the message boards of another forum to pm them through that message board.  I don't know if I can name them here.  

Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the gold triangle corner bits on Tom Riddle's Diary with Myrtle in S2 are on the opposite side (ie: next to the hinge) to the ones  on Dobby's basilisk-stabbed diary from S1. Small detail but I know it's really going to annoy me.

Just now, kirkwoodproductions said:

Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the gold triangle corner bits on Tom Riddle's Diary with Myrtle in S2 are on the opposite side (ie: next to the hinge) to the ones  on Dobby's basilisk-stabbed diary from S1. Small detail but I know it's really going to annoy me.

I actually just noticed that myself. I think they decided to change the side the gold corners are on to match their relative position to Tom Marvolo Riddle’s label, which is meant to be on the back cover instead of the front, so it makes sense the gold bits should be to the left of the label. It still irks me as well, though, since they shouldn’t be on the binding side of the book, but oh well

Now that we have a better sense of which shops are going to be included in the Diagon Alley set, I’m eager to hear what folks think this means for the minifigs that will come with the set. Here is my updated minifig prediction list:

- Harry (leaked)

- Hagrid

- Ron

- Hermione

- Ginny

- Lucius Malfoy 

- Draco

- Gilderoy Lockhart 

- Ollivander

- Florean Fortescue (leaked)

- Rita Skeeter

- Tom the Barman

- Daedalus Diggle

- Doris Crockford 

- Angelina Johnson

- Dean Thomas

- Fred

- George

Hey guys. I‘m not sure what I’m allowed to say because I’ve been reading the forums for a while now and saw people get banned for saying this but-

isn’t it likely the diagon alley D2C could be microscale? Could those leakers have been telling the truth? 
we don’t know the scale of those stickers. The microscale hogwarts had SO many stickers. Making this microscale and then spreading out individual shops in standard scale seems like a smarter business move money wise for LEGO.

let me know what you think!

thanks

I know I'm new to posting here but this has been hashed & rehashed over & over already.  Let the microscale theory die already please!

5 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

Hey guys. I‘m not sure what I’m allowed to say because I’ve been reading the forums for a while now and saw people get banned for saying this but-

isn’t it likely the diagon alley D2C could be microscale? Could those leakers have been telling the truth? 
we don’t know the scale of those stickers. The microscale hogwarts had SO many stickers. Making this microscale and then spreading out individual shops in standard scale seems like a smarter business move money wise for LEGO.

let me know what you think!

thanks

I think it was probably more the way people said it rather than just that they said it though I didn't actually see the posts people got banned for.

I really don't think this will be the case though. There have been 2 leaked minifigures, one of which I can't see being anywhere but this set. I'm also almost certain the Daily Prophet door sticker is the size of standard minifigure door like the ones from Privet Drive and Hagrid's Hut

44 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Happened when the graphic designer was only working with a Google picture search instead of the real prop... The name is on the back cover so the gold clasps are left, but the graphic designer only saw a photo of the back (without knowing it's the back) and since the binding is usually on the left put the clasps on the wrong side...

6 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

isn’t it likely the diagon alley D2C could be microscale?

No. Minifigs have already leaked, so we know it's not.

Plus, there's already been a microscale Diagon Alley. We don't need another.

Guys, this is just a troll. Maybe even our favourite whiny "leaker" Lord Voldemort, because the name is kind of a tell "Youknowwho". He got banned a few hundred pages ago and rises from the dead from time to time stirring up some meaningless discussion

Edited by Metanoios91

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

Guys, this is just a troll. Maybe even our favourite whiny "leaker" Lord Voldemort, because the name is kind of a tell "Youknowwho"

Agreed. Already reported him. 

10 minutes ago, Felkin said:

No. Minifigs have already leaked, so we know it's not.

What figures have leaked?

Just now, Icebrick said:

What figures have leaked?

A Harry wearing the outfit he is wearing to Diagon Alley in Philosopher's Stone with a 'sooty' face print and a Florean Fortescue.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

A Harry wearing the outfit he is wearing to Diagon Alley in Philosopher's Stone with a 'sooty' face print and a Florean Fortescue.

Wow. That's cool. Pardon me for asking, but when did they leak?