Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I think that’s impossible. A Gringotts set with the dragon and cartwheels next year would make an awesome playset, It’s an iconic scene after all. I wouldn’t like to wait until next year though, perhaps next year’s set could be a bit of an expansion to make the one in DA bigger + dragon.

I agree with you all, was just joking. However, if there is a Gringotts set next year, and it’s made with DA in mind, I hope it has a very detailed exterior and interior. If it’s more of a play set I’m worried it would resemble something like Battle on Hoth over a single modular building

Just now, Modal said:

I agree with you all, was just joking.

Dang:laugh_hard: But yeah, I hope it’s detailed enough.

Just now, Modal said:

I agree with you all, was just joking. However, if there is a Gringotts set next year, and it’s made with DA in mind, I hope it has a very detailed exterior and interior. If it’s more of a play set I’m worried it would resemble something like Battle on Hoth over a single modular building

And that’s why I personally suspect Gringotts has a printed sign or uses a different kind of sticker on a separate sheet.

It makes more sense to do the entrance building as part of the nice big display piece that this D2C will be, and then do a separate play set next year that focuses on a dragon the entire trio can ride on and the Lestrange vault. It makes less sense to try and make a facade that can fit in with the D2C and playable elements like the dragon and vault in a single set next year. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Given its relative size and intricacy that would be incredibly fragile. I can’t see Lego going for it, especially for a one off piece. 

Would you say it’s as fragile as.....the binding? :tongue:

In other news, I finally found this bad boy in the US! Will ease the wait for DA

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

In other news, I finally found this bad boy in the US! Will ease the wait for DA

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg

Wow. Where’d you find her? I know B&N and my local Lego store both gave me a September 1st release date. Did you find somewhere else sticking the set or is one of your local stores just not fussy about the street date they’ve been given?

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Wow. Where’d you find her? I know B&N and my local Lego store both gave me a September 1st release date. Did you find somewhere else sticking the set or is one of your local stores just not fussy about the street date they’ve been given?

I actually got it from someone on the Offer Up app. No idea where he got it, but he sold it to me for $60. Think he had a second one if you’re in the Los Angeles area! 

I thought about another point regarding the "missing" stickers. I can't find any sticker that represents one of Ollivander's wand boxes but I'm pretty sure the tiles that should represent those won't be blank. So there are two possibilities I can think about: 1) There are indeed more sticker sheets than we have seen or 2) they are printed. Both cases could apply to Gringott's inclusion as well. So I would't give all the hopes up. I have the feeling that we haven't seen really much yet ?

2 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I thought about another point regarding the "missing" stickers. I can't find any sticker that represents one of Ollivander's wand boxes but I'm pretty sure the tiles that should represent those won't be blank. So there are two possibilities I can think about: 1) There are indeed more sticker sheets than we have seen or 2) they are printed. Both cases could apply to Gringott's inclusion as well. So I would't give all the hopes up. I have the feeling that we haven't seen really much yet ?

The only problem with that is that the sticker sheets are labeled A,B,C, and D. If Olivander’s had more stickers, I think it would be on the A sheet? Also, what is the sticker about his store name? I can’t seem to figure it out but it looks like a potential box.

5 minutes ago, Modal said:

The only problem with that is that the sticker sheets are labeled A,B,C, and D. If Olivander’s had more stickers, I think it would be on the A sheet? Also, what is the sticker about his store name? I can’t seem to figure it out but it looks like a potential box.

If there is a different style of sticker, like say, clear plastic ones like the the ones used on the Burrow windows, then they’ll be on a separate sticker sheet from those normal ones. And quite possibly be in a separate area of the factory where the person who snagged these four wouldn’t know about/be able to get their hands on them. 

34 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

If there is a different style of sticker, like say, clear plastic ones like the the ones used on the Burrow windows, then they’ll be on a separate sticker sheet from those normal ones. And quite possibly be in a separate area of the factory where the person who snagged these four wouldn’t know about/be able to get their hands on them. 

This is the theory I’m going with, and still hoping Gringotts will be in the set as well, since it wouldn’t make sense to have a premium Diagon Alley set without arguably its most iconic building. General question though, is there any benefit to having clear-backed stickers for opaque pieces as opposed to opaque stickers, from a LEGO set design perspective? 

I do love how people can never seem to focus their phone whenever they take a leaked lego photo. I'm always shocked, its 2020 people.

Anyway the Weasley Wizard Wheezes sticker sheet is interesting. We have two large sections of wall graffiti stickers which i think are from the back side of the building, the windows take up two sides and then this is around the corner. Interested to see where they add these. We also have a shirt and tie sticker of the large animated figure from the front of the building. The sign for the shop is long as well so we must be getting a large section of the orange windows. As for the rest of the sheet there are a lot of mystery ones I have no idea what they are but there are two types of shop packaging ones down the bottom (purple and green and orange and purple) and the sticker down the bottom with the black and white figure in the circle looks like Edward's unbreakable eggs maybe or another Edwards product anyway. 

1 hour ago, 8fifty said:

I just checked my original DA and the wand stickers are transparent. They might be the same for this set.Maybe the wand stickers, leaky cauldron stickers and Gringotts sticker have transparent backing and that is why they are not in these pictures. They are on a separate sheet. 

Looking very closely at the Magical Me book stickers, it appears that the Gilderoy Lockhart on the cover uses the combed hairpiece that is used by 2018 Lupin and Astronomy Tower/CMF Neville.

Looking forward to seeing how Weasley's Wizard Wheezes turns out.  If the stickers are any indication, it could turn out to be the most detailed of the shops.  Really like all the references to products such as the Telescoping Boxing Glove and Jinx-Off.  It will be interesting to see how Ollivander's compares to the 2011 version.  I assumed Flourish and Blotts and Quality Quidditch Supplies would be included based on their inclusion in the microscale set, but I am pleased to now have confirmation of their inclusion.  I don't expect Florean Fortesque's Ice Cream Parlor, the Daily Prophet office or Scribbulus Writing Implements to have as much detail, but I am glad they have some representation.  The apparent lack of Gringotts is a bit odd, but it could easily show up as a set next year.  Of course, having it be included in the Diagon Alley set would be more convenient, and allow a future set to focus more on the underground sections instead.  I am really hoping that the Leaky Cauldron is included at least, as that would be disappointing to omit.  

56 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

This is the theory I’m going with, and still hoping Gringotts will be in the set as well, since it wouldn’t make sense to have a premium Diagon Alley set without arguably its most iconic building. General question though, is there any benefit to having clear-backed stickers for opaque pieces as opposed to opaque stickers, from a LEGO set design perspective? 

The clear stickers tend to have a glossier look to them, and if you’re working with a brick color that’s hard to get a color match for on the printed sheet then using a clear base eliminates the necessity to do that. It’s also possible that there are some colors/qualities (like metallics) that they’re using on some clear stickers that need to be clear, and instead of making two different sheets with that kind of printing it’s cheaper to just do all the stickers with that type of printing in clear. Maybe the designers just like the extra depth effect the clear stickers give. We can’t say for certain until we see the set. 

59 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Looking very closely at the Magical Me book stickers, it appears that the Gilderoy Lockhart on the cover uses the combed hairpiece that is used by 2018 Lupin and Astronomy Tower/CMF Nevill

Looks more like the Mr Weasley/Harry hairpiece to me

So, the list of confirmed shop fronts is Ollivanders, Scribbulus, QQS, WWW, Daily Prophet Offices, Flourish and Blotts with Fortescue's and Leaky Cauldron stickers, but no signs for either. 

A list (of so) far missing shops:

Gringotts 

Madam Malkins Robes for All Occasions

Eeylops Owl Imporium 

Magical Menagerie

Potages Cauldrons

Mr Mulpepper Apothecary

Slugg and Jiggers Apothecary

Wiseacres Wizarding Equipment

As well as Gambol and Japes Joke Shop, Sugarplum's Sweet Shop, Cranville Quincy's Magical Junk Shop, Broomstix and the 2nd Hand book shop, which are all off the main Alley between LC and Gringotts, or are similar to other more important shops. 

Is it possible that the price is something else than $400? Maybe $500?

Based on a $400 price tag, I would estimate the piece count <= 4500, given that we will likely to have 20+ minifigures.

Here is my guess to the final list of shops and their piece counts:

Gringotts - 750 pieces

WWW - 750 pieces

Ollivanders - 600 pieces

Leaky Cauldron - 500 pieces

B&B - 400 pieces

QQQ - 400 pieces

Scribbulus - 300 pieces

Daily Prophet - 200 pieces

FF Ice Cream - 200 pieces

Finally we could have some small sections such as the owl selling area in 10217 - 200 pieces

These sum up as 4300 pieces.

Sincerely hope we can have a $500 DA so that we can have either more shops or more details... really want Madam Malkins and Eeylops Owl 

Just now, phoenix416 said:

Is it possible that the price is something else than $400? Maybe $500?

Based on a $400 price tag, I would estimate the piece count <= 4500, given that we will likely to have 20+ minifigures.

Here is my guess to the final list of shops and their piece counts:

Gringotts - 750 pieces

WWW - 750 pieces

Ollivanders - 600 pieces

Leaky Cauldron - 500 pieces

B&B - 400 pieces

QQQ - 400 pieces

Scribbulus - 300 pieces

Daily Prophet - 200 pieces

FF Ice Cream - 200 pieces

Finally we could have some small sections such as the owl selling area in 10217 - 200 pieces

These sum up as 4300 pieces.

Sincerely hope we can have a $500 DA so that we can have either more shops or more details... really want Madam Malkins and Eeylops Owl 

With no idea how large the shops are this type of speculation seems a bit pointless. Especially when price per piece is so variable.

I really don't see them making Gringotts a seperate set. Surely we'll get a Gringotts Escape set next year but I doubt they'll be going beyond the Lestrange Vault and surrounding area. Releasing a $400 set and expecting customers to come back a year later to pick up the most iconic structure for an extra ~$100 also doesn't sound like a smart thing, especially considering Gringotts isn't really able to completely stand alone for those who aren't picking up DA imo (Ninjago City Docks for example was an expansion set but still completely able to stand on it's own). It's way more likely for them to include Gringotts with the sign printed or on a clear sticker as previously suggested. 

I’m more than happy with the list of shops, but I really hope Gringotts is included since I don’t fancy waiting until next summer for DA to be completed :tongue: LC and B&B I could live without, but Gringotts cannot be omitted

Minifig-wise, I’m already satisfied if Lockhart and Lucius are included. F&B being featured basically confirms the former and strongly implies the latter. The other minifigs are a bonus to me :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

with Fortescue's and Leaky Cauldron stickers, but no signs for either. 

We don’t necessarily have Leaky Cauldron stickers though. Some people have theorized that the wall of posters and leaflets and the two single wanted posters from sheet B could come from the LC, but they’re grouped on the sheet with the stickers that are definitely from the Daily Prophet offices, and use the same dark grey background as another sticker on the same sheet that reads “The Daily Prophet.”

I’m not saying that the Leaky Cauldron isn’t still possible, but those stickers could easily be from the outside walls of the DP offices, and certainly don’t provide the same level of evidence as the sticker that actually says “Fortescue’s Ice Cream” on sheet C. 

The way the stickers are distributed also depend on how the buildings are built. For example, the lower levels could be built first, meaning those pieces of parchment are indeed from the first level of Gringotts, and then the sign comes later and slightly higher up. If the build also went from one end to another, that would mean any Leaky Cauldron stickers would be towards the end. I dunno, but 5 sticker sheets isn't an impossible thought

So exciting! I think the stickers once again show the love and care put into these sets--I really feel that fans are designing them for fans :)

In terms of Gringotts--the 2011 set included a sticker with the name of the bank, but also two portraits of wizards. Given the amount of detail in the stickers for other shops (including some arguably unnecessary inclusions like "Feel free to fly any of our brooms") I find it hard to imagine that they would include Gringotts without some reference to their motto (If you seek beneath our floors etc). Whether included in this set or sold separately I'm sure the building would be treated with great care so I personally don't worry about this.

Slightly sad though that no references to owls and other animals are included--if the emporium is missing it would be nice if there were at least some cages and signs coming with DA (the way they handled this in 2011). If that's not the case hopefully they include some animals in the street life.

I am stoked that we’ve seen another leak!! The care and detail gone into these stickers... I just can’t wait to see the set now!

I have been working on a Scribbulus MOC - I thought this shop was too obscure for the designers to include in an actual set! ???‍♀️