Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Don’t think it’s been mentioned but there’s a “HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED RETURNS” poster on the main wall of clippings. So we have a reference to year 5 too. Just years 4 and 7 missing!

Just now, Yope said:

Don’t think it’s been mentioned but there’s a “HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED RETURNS” poster on the main wall of clippings. So we have a reference to year 5 too. Just years 4 and 7 missing!

I think that's more likely to be Year 6 in line with WWW as it was the summer at the end of Year 5 / start of Year 6 that the Ministry officially acknowledged Voldemort's return :wink:

Edit: Also I hope we get some more unique Daily Prophet newspaper prints! I've got loads of the "Boy Who Lived!" ones but I miss unique prints like the 2010 newspapers for the Mass Breakout from Azkaban!

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

8 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I think that's more likely to be Year 6 in line with WWW as it was the summer at the end of Year 5 / start of Year 6 that the Ministry officially acknowledged Voldemort's return :wink:

Edit: Also I hope we get some more unique Daily Prophet newspaper prints! I've got loads of the "Boy Who Lived!" ones but I miss unique prints like the 2010 newspapers for the Mass Breakout from Azkaban!

It could be, although I’m sure it appeared in the newspaper montage after the scene at the ministry.

I too would love some different daily prophet prints, the Boy Who Lived paper seems to have been in circulation for over a decade!

I wonder whether we’ll get small nods to other shops as in the last Diagon Alley set, owl stands and cauldrons etc.

9 new pages in the last 3 hours, something must've leaked. :P

It's nice to see that so many shops are coming based on those stickers. However the lack of Gringotts stickers doesn't mean it's not included. It's very possible the Gringotts sign is printer like in the play set I got in the early 00s which had two white 1 by 8 bricks with Gringotts printed on them.

Edited by Salix

I might be alone here, but I don't mind Gringotts not being included in the DA. I will be more upset if leaky cauldron is not included. If Gringotts isn't included then it almost confirms a burrow sized Gringotts escape set for next year. And seeing that majority of people (including myself) won't be able to afford this set, having a separate Gringotts means we can at leased get some of Diagon ally. With the leaky cauldron, I can't imagian us ever getting a stand alone LC. So I hope those Sirius poster are a sign. Although I do understand the people who are going to be buying the DA, being annoyed that the most iconic building might not be included.

20 minutes ago, Salix said:

9 new pages in the last 3 hours, something must've leaked. :P

It's nice to see that so many shops are coming based on those stickers. However the lack of Gringotts stickers doesn't mean it's not included. It's very possible the Gringotts sign is printer like in the play set I got in the early 00s which had two white 1 by 8 bricks with Gringotts printed on them.

The thing I remember about that Gringotts iteration is that they used gold for the lettering of the sign. Obviously it’s hard to tell if the sticker sheets have and metallic printing (because the pictures were taken with a potato), but if they don’t, could that have something to do with why Gringotts would have a printed sign instead of stickers?

44 minutes ago, Yope said:

If Rita is included for the Daily Prophet office and Gringotts is included with elements of 7 then that’ll be all of them. That would be the best way to do it in my opinion

Just now, Accio Lego said:

The thing I remember about that Gringotts iteration is that they used gold for the lettering of the sign. Obviously it’s hard to tell if the sticker sheets have and metallic printing (because the pictures were taken with a potato), but if they don’t, could that have something to do with why Gringotts would have a printed sign instead of stickers?

Also, glossy stickers are always on a separate sheet using a different material so that’s also very possible 

3 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Technically we’ll know once it’s revealed by Lego ??

In the book, yeah, but the sets are based mainly off the films and I doubt very much that they’d include such a big part of the set from the books (although I would love it because I love anything to do with Newspaper agencies, whether is the Daily Prophet, Daily Bugle or Daily Planet, I love it all)

They are including a fair number of things not from the movies, Scribbulus & Fortesque’s. These sticker sheets are going to drive us even crazier I think. Now we have something more solid to speculate about...but the idea of having kiosks/carts to represent shops only gives more questions. It’s definitely weird that they’ve included presumably Fortesque’s shop as it never showed up in the movie(besides a blink-and-you-miss-it moment). Having his minifig could’ve easily passed as just a patron & nice ester egg. 

3 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I truly don’t understand people’s obsession with Rita Skeeter, she’s one of the most boring/bland characters in the entire franchise ??, but each to their own I guess ??‍♂️

I just want her because she’ll be a fun, bright minifig to have. And I’ll take those any day of the week, no matter who they are. 

Just now, Vindicare said:

They are including a fair number of things not from the movies, Scribbulus & Fortesque’s. These sticker sheets are going to drive us even crazier I think. Now we have something more solid to speculate about...but the idea of having kiosks/carts to represent shops only gives more questions. It’s definitely weird that they’ve included presumably Fortesque’s shop as it never showed up in the movie(besides a blink-and-you-miss-it moment). Having his minifig could’ve easily passed as just a patron & nice ester egg. 

Very true, I am 100% all for more book Easter eggs in the sets, hell I’d love to get some book-exclusive minifigs (looking at you Peeves ?) and these sticker sheets are definitely going to drive us all insane, the small details on the stickers are amazing and can lead to some amazing things, I’m just hoping that they can impress us with the whole set and not disappoint anyone ☺️

Just now, Vindicare said:

I just want her because she’ll be a fun, bright minifig to have. And I’ll take those any day of the week, no matter who they are. 

she would most definitely be a very brightly coloured minifig ?, I think she’d make a good inclusion as a figure, but in a set that expensive I’d personally rather get figures accurate to the scenes, but I guess if every shop/building needs a minifigure she’s the only one that would make sense for the DP office

2 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I think there’s a strong possibility that some of these storefronts will simply be facades, potentially with some minimal interior detail/window dressings.

i think the full interiors will be only on the most iconic buildings like Ollivanders, WWW, and Flourish & Blotts. 

Just now, 9v brick master said:

When should we expect the set to be leak? 

You should never expect a leak, because then you will be disappointed if there are none, if you are not expecting it and it happens, then you will be joyful, try to cause as little misery to yourself as possible ☺️

15 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Also, glossy stickers are always on a separate sheet using a different material so that’s also very possible 

I’d forgotten about that possibility. Of course if there are any slickers with a clear plasticized base then they’ll be on a separate sheet as well. 

Could that also explain the Leaky Cauldron? After all, it doesn’t actually have a sign that says “The Leaky Cauldron” - it’s sign is a metal cutout of a witch stirring a big cauldron. The only way to make that in LEGO form would to put a black/dark grey silhouette on a clear banner piece, no?

Just now, Accio Lego said:

I’d forgotten about that possibility. Of course if there are any slickers with a clear plasticized base then they’ll be on a separate sheet as well. 

Could that also explain the Leaky Cauldron? After all, it doesn’t actually have a sign that says “The Leaky Cauldron” - it’s sign is a metal cutout of a witch stirring a big cauldron. The only way to make that in LEGO form would to put a black/dark grey silhouette on a clear banner piece, no?

That, and if they wanted to use up a full sticker sheet Gringotts could be on a clear backing stuck on a curved tan piece with the letters in metallic gold/that foil stuff they sometimes use ☺️

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

I could see that being a new mold

Just now, Surge said:

I could see that being a new mold

Given its relative size and intricacy that would be incredibly fragile. I can’t see Lego going for it, especially for a one off piece. 

34 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Very true, I am 100% all for more book Easter eggs in the sets, hell I’d love to get some book-exclusive minifigs (looking at you Peeves ?) and these sticker sheets are definitely going to drive us all insane, the small details on the stickers are amazing and can lead to some amazing things, I’m just hoping that they can impress us with the whole set and not disappoint anyone ☺️

she would most definitely be a very brightly coloured minifig ?, I think she’d make a good inclusion as a figure, but in a set that expensive I’d personally rather get figures accurate to the scenes, but I guess if every shop/building needs a minifigure she’s the only one that would make sense for the DP office

Right?! Having that odd looking Peeves in the first go round, then nothing is quite disappointing. When has any of us ever been disappointed by a long hyped set? :grin:

30 minutes ago, djhorn said:

I think there’s a strong possibility that some of these storefronts will simply be facades, potentially with some minimal interior detail/window dressings.

i think the full interiors will be only on the most iconic buildings like Ollivanders, WWW, and Flourish & Blotts. 

They could do exactly that with QQS considering all we see of it is a window. 

These stickers look very cool. So many buildings are being represented, we basically get the entire street. I think I'm only really missing the clothes and pet shops. Still I'm sad there's no Gringotts, B&B and leaky cauldron by the looks of it. Leaky cauldron would definitely had the sign included in a sticker if it was included. But I'll take the entrance wall as well. We did get more buildings than I ever thought anyway. And gringotts can easily be its own set. Still kinda odd that if they are planning to release it separately, they didn't bring them out together. But at least everyone who's only interested in gringotts can save some money if that's the case. Really curious how they're planning to do the interiors with this much buildings most pieces are bound to go towards the exterior. Also really curious towards the www head. I guess it's gonna be brickbuild. Or maybe it's like that one hidden side character from the fire truck set.

I enjoy that this version of Diagon Alley seemingly doesn't include Gringotts Bank (As I don't see any relevant stickers on the sheets). This probably means a lot more focus on the shops and alley themselves, and also leaves us open to a Gringotts D2C aswell. I hope they keep giving us buildings that connect like the Hogwarts sets do. There's so much potential here. I can't wait to see the set!

I’m hoping the DA set doesn’t include Gringott’s now. I prefer it to be a stand alone set. 

All of you who are now glad if we don’t get Gringotts are going to be really disappointed when you realize we don’t get it as a stand alone set either ?

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Given its relative size and intricacy that would be incredibly fragile. I can’t see Lego going for it, especially for a one off piece. 

true

Just now, Modal said:

All of you who are now glad if we don’t get Gringotts are going to be really disappointed when you realize we don’t get it as a stand alone set either ?

After today’s revelation, I think we are more likely to get a stand-alone Gringott’s with a dragon next year than we are to get another section of Hogwarts. It’s the one set that would be almost 100% guaranteed if it’s not included in Diagon Alley.

Just now, Modal said:

I think that’s impossible. A Gringotts set with the dragon and cartwheels next year would make an awesome playset, It’s an iconic scene after all. I wouldn’t like to wait until next year though, perhaps next year’s set could be a bit of an expansion to make the one in DA bigger + dragon.

Just now, Modal said:

More like they’ll be surprised when it does turn up - because we’ve already discussed multiple reasons why the name “Gringotts” might not appear on the sticker sheet despite being in the set. 

Also, there’s no way Lego will pass on the Gringotts dragon escape next year (they’ve had a buildable creature in every wave so far, I don’t see why next year would be any different), so even in the unlikely situation where they decided to skip Gringotts in the D2C it would be with the express intention of doing it in the dragon escape next year.