Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

It really doesn't make sense to leave Gringotts out. Most fans who buy this won't do so on the condition of an expansion next year. It's not like a modular set - for $400 it should stand alone as the definitive Diagon Alley. And without Gringotts it won't be.

Edited by YetiZombie

Just now, broadwaybocaj said:

Correct me if I'm wrong though...the two Diagon Alleys they've done have included Gringotts....so if they're doing a deluxe set - why would they leave it out. 

People are just getting anxious because there aren’t any stickers that say Gringotts, and a dragon escape set was always high on the list of possibilities for next year. However, the dragon escape can easily be done without the bank facade, and the sign above the door to the bank could easily be printed. I’m not going to believe anything one way or the other until the set images are released (barring a goblin minifigure getting leaked I suppose). 

5 minutes ago, broadwaybocaj said:

Correct me if I'm wrong though...the two Diagon Alleys they've done have included Gringotts....so if they're doing a deluxe set - why would they leave it out. 

To focus on making other parts deluxe.

Just now, deskp said:

To focus on making other parts deluxe.

"Is there something...you wish to tell me?"  --Albus Dumbledore

I really don’t see escape from Gringotts containing a detailed bank. It would be vaults and railways and a dragon. 

Gringotts or not i just hope what is there is good and justified.

if its like 3,5 burrow sets worth of quality they can do a lot.

7 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

I would actually expect a vault or two to be included inside Gringotts, nevermind the fact they're underground :head_back: but the vaults have this super intricate lock mechanism

*snip*

which definitely would be represented by a sticker. But I don't rule out the possibility that's it's just the atrium inside

In the BYOA book

(Thanks to @JediJACPenguin's review)

So. Many. Shops *huh*

It's kind of weird that there are shops/places like Scribbulus or Daily Prophet, but there is no (at least for now) Borgin & Burkes or Gringotts. I kind of hope that means they will release as separate sets. Gringotts would work perfectly fine with next year's focus being Year 7.

Just now, Marvelous Spidey said:

The Hogwarts sign is above QQS in the first movie

Makes sense. Hogwarts almost certainly buys their school brooms and quidditch balls from there. I remember from touring London that shops that were patronized by members of the royal family would have the relevant personal crests on their signage, I don’t see why QQS wouldn’t advertise their contract with Britain’s premier wizarding school in the same manner. 

32 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I’m anxious for that rumoured figure list :roflmao:

It's just a prediction from @Falconfan1414 and sums up the figures that were guessed in this thread :)

Spoiler

- Harry
- Hermione
- Ron
- Florean Fortescue
- Fred & George
- Rita Skeeter
- Ollivander
- Lockhart
- Lucius Malfoy

and more!

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

In the BYOA book

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just assuming Lego designers would rather design a sticker at this scale, this door is way too intricate. The build in the book is pretty clever, but doesn't really resemble the actual design that much

4 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

It's just a prediction from @Falconfan1414 and sums up the figures that were guessed in this thread :)

Reveal hidden contents

- Harry
- Hermione
- Ron
- Florean Fortescue
- Fred & George
- Rita Skeeter
- Ollivander
- Lockhart
- Lucius Malfoy

and more!

Well Lucius wasn’t very rumored before ;)

44 minutes ago, Modal said:

I’m honestly surprised how many stickers there are. A big set like this could surely afford to print some of these yea? The NES has a ton of prints

I was under the impression that was probably a requirement of Nintendo's rather than Lego's preference. Do the Nintendo sets have any stickers yet other than pre-applied scan pads?

Just now, Zepthire said:

I was under the impression that was probably a requirement of Nintendo's rather than Lego's preference. Do the Nintendo sets have any stickers yet other than pre-applied scan pads?

The Mario cover was a sticker I believe

Ok so I guess I would be fine with a detailed gringotts next year, it’s just a shame we would have to wait a year to actually have a definitive DA. It won’t really feel complete without it.

and like for $400, I’m a bit shocked they would make us wait and buy another set to complete it. Why not just make it $500

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well Lucius wasn’t very rumored before ;)

All right, then, keep your secrets! :laugh:

Edited by RogueTwo

Looking at the sticker with the cursive text starting with a “G”, I think the first word might be “Gilderoy”. Maybe a sign advertising Lockhart’s book-signing in CoS? Really hard to tell though

5 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Do the Nintendo sets have any stickers yet other than pre-applied scan pads?

As @Modal mentioned, the Mario game cartridge does have a sticker (2 in fact) and there’s another large sticker for the back of the television set, but to my knowledge those are the only stickers across the Nintendo sets that aren’t pre-applied

brick shop has removed the august 7th date from the cmf series

21 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I am so glad I’m not the only one, I’m doing a lot of research into the MC Thrones line as I’m planning on doing a full GoT display and honestly for the first time ever I would say Mega has got Lego beat, I mean it’s merch for an 18+ series which Lego never does, I think OW and Stranger Things is the closest we’ll ever get, plus the dragons (Drogon and Viserion so far) look so much more beautiful than any dragons Lego have ever released (except maybe Smaug ?)

MC doesn’t have LEGO beat(as subjective as that is). You can’t compare a 200+/- piece dragon in a $30 set to a 1,000+ piece dragon only set that costs probably triple that. We had a fun discussion of dragons while back in the General section with that Drogon set as the star. 

These sticker leaks has me excited. Sound s like Rita Skeeter is coming after all. Looks like the possibility of having too many buildings, in the sense where it could detract from size. Either way, I am even more ready to buy after seeing those. 

Okay wow wow wow 

Out of all the potential leaks I was not expecting another sticker sheet, the exact same thing happened with Privet Drive! Maybe sticker sheets will be our main source of information now instead of stolen minifigures! 

So I definitely think there are missing stickers / printed pieces for the Leaky Cauldron / Borgin and Burkes. One of our only two confirmed minifigures comes with floo network from that particular scene after all - if there's not a floo function for Harry built into the set I'll eat a (chocolate) cauldron. Also Leaky Cauldron can include a load of great Diagon Alley minifigures including Tom the Innkeeper, Daedalus Diggle and Quirrell (does anyone else remember the 2010 Harry Potter 1-4 game where Quirrell was always skulking around Diagon Alley?! good times) 

Also if the long-awaited Quirrell, Lucius and Rita Skeeter minifigures are all included in this £300-400 set I would be both amused and frustrated for all those that can't afford this, which could potentially include me if I run out of money buying all the other sets first :laugh:

• TLDR:
  • I think the stickers are just for Florean Fortescue's shop
  • I think Borgin and Burkes will be included
  • I think there will be a fully model of the Leaky Cauldron
  • I'm not sure about Gringotts but would happily buy an individual set with the dragon on top next year :look:
  • My top 3 expected minifigures are Lucius Malfoy, Daedalus Diggle and the old witch that is creepy towards Harry in Knockturn Alley. And Lockhart!

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone
Edit: And Lockhart, of course!

Just now, Vindicare said:

MC doesn’t have LEGO beat(as subjective as that is). You can’t compare a 200+/- piece dragon in a $30 set to a 1,000+ piece dragon only set that costs probably triple that. We had a fun discussion of dragons while back in the General section with that Drogon set as the star.

1) it’s an opinion, so I can state that I feel that Mega has got Lego beat

2) I wasn’t actually referring to the dragon when I made that statement, I meant in general because imo Thrones>Potter

3) I can actually compare them because both are the most recognisable dragon from their respective franchise, just because 1 is in a cheaper set doesn’t mean it cannot be compared, the lack of budget that went into the Horntail is actually one of the biggest reasons I started the comparison considering I said “would anyone be willing to pay $75 for a Horntail set of that magnitude” so yeah...

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

long-awaited Quirrell

You mean the same Quirrell that was in the Great Hall set? ??

So excited for this! The attention to detail is great and it looks like it is very closely based on the film set. I always thought we’d get a good number of shops and I’m delighted with what we have!

Hopefully the Hogwarts logo might mean we get new Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw quidditch robes.

I really hope we get a leaky cauldron and I’m almost certain we’ll get gringotts. From a selfish point of view I don’t really mind as I have the previous gringotts which still holds up but it’s bound to be in there. The set is £350! It would be such a bizarre omission.

Edited by Yope
Typo

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

1) it’s an opinion, so I can state that I feel that Mega has got Lego beat

2) I wasn’t actually referring to the dragon when I made that statement, I meant in general because imo Thrones>Potter

3) I can actually compare them because both are the most recognisable dragon from their respective franchise, just because 1 is in a cheaper set doesn’t mean it cannot be compared, the lack of budget that went into the Horntail is actually one of the biggest reasons I started the comparison considering I said “would anyone be willing to pay $75 for a Horntail set of that magnitude” so yeah...

You mean the same Quirrell that was in the Great Hall set? ??

Oh oops! I haven't got a Quirrell minifigure since the 2001 version but even then I was mostly referring to Lucius and Rita Skeeter and Lockhart, who I almost completely forgot! It's probably too late over here to keep speculating about this D2C but the stickers have just made me more awake! :grin:

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Oh oops! I haven't got a Quirrell minifigure since the 2001 version but even then I was mostly referring to Lucius and Rita Skeeter and Lockhart, who I almost completely forgot! It's probably too late over here to keep speculating about this D2C but the stickers have just made me more awake! :grin:

Haha, I get ya, I definitely cannot wait for a new Lucius and Lockhart, and honestly the new stickers have had so many characters running through my head, I’m just terrible with lists ??