Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Trying to make a list of what all the stickers are. Let me know if there's anything to change! I put them in spoiler tags to make it not take up so much space

Sheet A:

Spoiler
  1. Parchment?
  2. Signed letter?
  3. Unsure
  4. "Makers of Fine Wands" from Ollivanders
  5. "Ollivanders" left halves
  6. "Ollivanders" right halves
  7. "Scribbulus" left half
  8. "Scribbulus" right half
  9. Seat cushion?
  10. Scribbulus poster
  11. G something?
  12. Curtains for Scribbulus?
  13. "Ollivanders" logo

Sheet B:

Spoiler
  1. "QQS" sign
  2. Daily Prophet door
  3. Assorted posters (maybe Leaky Cauldron?)
  4. Sirius wanted posters
  5. "Quality" sign
  6. "Quidditch" sign
  7. "Supplies" sign
  8. "Daily Prophet" sign
  9. "Feel free to test-fly any of our brooms"
  10. Hogwarts logo?
  11. Vertical "Quidditch" signs
  12. "Daily Prophet" signs

Sheet C: (much harder to read the numbers on these)

Spoiler
  1. Sirius wanted poster
  2. Lockhart book cover
  3. Smaller Lockhart book covers
  4. "Dragons" sign
  5. "Alchemy" sign
  6. Ice cream "To-days suggestions" sign
  7. Sand green arch with words?
  8. Sand green arch with words? Something room?
  9. Sand green arch with words? Book something?
  10. Brown "Flourish & Blotts" sign
  11. Green "Flourish & Blotts" signs

Sheet D:

Spoiler
  1. "Knockturn Alley" sign
  2. - 42. all WWW related (too many lol)

Edited by Marvelous Spidey
formatting

do you guys think ollivander will be any different than the GWP version. I cant think of anyways to change it, but I would be kinda annoyed if its the same figure, and I cant see the set not including him 

Just now, BenderBrau said:

I kinda have a feeling that the interiors will not exactly correspond to exterior (with the exception of WWW, which seems to be the main focus). There's lots of signs that are clearly meant to be put outside, but very little in terms of interior detail. The outside will look like it does have those 8 shops, but inside it looks like three or four rooms - obviously WWW, Ollivander's, Leaky and maybe QQS as it has half of stickers on the page. Following that logic, I'm worried about F&B as it doesn't seem to have much detail. Gringotts is a mystery, but I like the theory those parchment stickers will belong there.

All Gringotts needs is one or two printed pieces for the exterior, and I think that's quite possible but by no means a certainty.  Borgin and Burkes is almost certainly not included, which makes me sad, but that would be a far more acceptable exclusion than Gringotts.  

Just now, Surge said:

do you guys think ollivander will be any different than the GWP version. I cant think of anyways to change it, but I would be kinda annoyed if its the same figure, and I cant see the set not including him 

It peeved me to no end that his sideburns didn't connect to his hair line, and I hope they correct that, but it seems unlikely; I suspect it will be a duplicate.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Is sticker 13 on sheet B the Hogwarts crest? I wonder what that would appear on...

If you watch the scene where Harry and Hagrid walk down DA for the first time, there's a sign up on the right that's the Hogwarts crest. No idea what it's there for though

Is sticker 13 on sheet B the Hogwarts crest? I wonder what that would appear on...

i think QQS is endorsed by hogwarts or seomthing of that sort.

So, looking at the sticker sheets, we’ve definitely got full signage for:

-Scribbulus

-Ollivander’s 

-The Daily Prophet offices

-Quality Quidditch Supplies

-Flourish & Blotts 

-Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes 

We've also got a menu from Fortescue’s Ice Cream, which may or may not be from an actual store front. Fortescue’s does have its name written above the front window, but it’s smaller than other shops and Lego might arguably have decided to focus on the giant ice cream cone used to mark the store in the theme park. Alternatively, Fortescue might just have a little ice cream cart he’s pushing up and down the alley, although that wouldn’t be based on canon. 

We also can’t say for certain whether or not we’re getting Gringotts. Out of all the buildings, the bank has the least amount of signage, so the lettering above the door could easily be printed, leaving us no obvious clues on the sticker sheet. It’s been theorized that the first few stickers on sheet A, that appear to be handwritten sheets of parchment, could possibly be bank contracts or something else from inside Gringotts. 

I guess Photographer from daily prophet (COS) is more likely than  Rita.

I’m honestly surprised how many stickers there are. A big set like this could surely afford to print some of these yea? The NES has a ton of prints

Just now, Accio Lego said:

We also can’t say for certain whether or not we’re getting Gringotts. Out of all the buildings, the bank has the least amount of signage, so the lettering above the door could easily be printed, leaving us no obvious clues on the sticker sheet. It’s been theorized that the first few stickers on sheet A, that appear to be handwritten sheets of parchment, could possibly be bank contracts or something else from inside Gringotts. 

Alright, friends. I’ve calmed down from the initial excitement of this leak. Let’s be real with each other here. How many of us think that Gringott’s will still be included and how many think it will be released separately (probably with the Ukrainian Ironbelly) next year. I never thought we would get both WWW and Gringott’s, and while I would have much rather have seen Gringott’s included here than WWW I am starting to come to terms with it. Aside from some possible “bank contracts” there is no sign of our favorite Wizarding bank being included here. I would much rather it be it’s own big beautiful detailed set with a dragon than crammed in here with all these other shops. What does everyone else think?

Just now, Modal said:

I’m honestly surprised how many stickers there are. A big set like this could surely afford to print some of these yea? The NES has a ton of prints

That is aimed at an older audience, and the fact that it has so many leaves less for other sets.  for this set printing the figs are mor important.

Just now, Modal said:

True, but I expect 5000+ pieces and 20+ minifigures, so I'm pretty forgiving of stickers.  :wink:

Just now, Modal said:

Who says there aren't loads of prints.

(20 shop Diagon Alley, here we come! Maybe it will include WH Smith and the rest of London after all :wink: )

Alright, friends. I’ve calmed down from the initial excitement of this leak. Let’s be real with each other here. How many of us think that Gringott’s will still be included and how many think it will be released separately (probably with the Ukrainian Ironbelly) next year. I never thought we would get both WWW and Gringott’s, and while I would have much rather have seen Gringott’s included here than WWW I am starting to come to terms with it. Aside from some possible “bank contracts” there is no sign of our favorite Wizarding bank being included here. I would much rather it be it’s own big beautiful detailed set with a dragon than crammed in here with all these other shops. What does everyone else think?

If that’s the case I would honestly be so upset I would consider not buying the set

If it doesn't include Gringotts:        

Lego will make that later, and they will make it to fit in with this set.

That's a win for both sets. diagon alley and Gringotts will both get room to breath in their own sets.

Just now, deskp said:

That's a win for both sets. diagon alley and Gringotts will both get room to breath in their own sets.

Correct me if I'm wrong though...the two Diagon Alleys they've done have included Gringotts....so if they're doing a deluxe set - why would they leave it out. 

Just now, deskp said:

Not a win for my wallet though :snicker:

Just now, broadwaybocaj said:

Correct me if I'm wrong though...the two Diagon Alleys they've done have included Gringotts....so if they're doing a deluxe set - why would they leave it out. 

Because unfortunately we have no indication of it being included based on these stickers. And it’s heavily featured in Deathly Hallows which would make it ideal for a separate release next year with that wave. It could easily be its own $100+ set if it includes the dragon.

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Not a win for my wallet though :snicker:

Same.  If I'm dropping $400 on Diagon Alley, I'd prefer it to be fairly definitive.  Heck, I'd rather have a top-notch $500 Diagon Alley set with Gringotts and the dragon than "tune in next year for the expansion pack"!  :classic:

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I'd probably wait until TLG releases Gringotts before considering purchasing DA. I've only watched the movies, and my knowledge / love of Harry Potter extends to the most well-known scenes, characters and locations.

I'm really looking forward to this set, but no Gringotts makes this go from a potential day one purchase to a big fat "maybe".

These sticker sheets are incredible! WWW is drowning in them. I really hope Gringotts is in this set, because I’d be annoyed if a $400 Diagon Alley set doesn’t include the most iconic building. On the other hand, a $100 Gringotts Escape set next year would be incredible. I’m really happy to see that we’re getting Flourish and Blott’s and Quality Quidditch Supplies. The Daily Prophet office was unexpected for me but I hope it means we’ll get Rita Skeeter! I agree that the Gringotts sign could be printed so hopefully we still get it, or maybe there are more sticker sheets yet to be leaked. 

The topic of stickers in expensive LEGO sets always comes up, but I honestly don’t mind them too much. Most stickers (especially ones with solid backgrounds and not transparent ones) aren’t hard to apply and having this much printed detail would drive up the price by an insane amount. The NES has almost all printed pieces, sure, but it also has no minifigures, while Diagon Alley will presumably have many new and exclusive figures. 

9 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

All Gringotts needs is one or two printed pieces for the exterior, and I think that's quite possible but by no means a certainty.  Borgin and Burkes is almost certainly not included, which makes me sad, but that would be a far more acceptable exclusion than Gringotts.  

I would actually expect a vault or two to be included inside Gringotts, nevermind the fact they're underground :head_back: but the vaults have this super intricate lock mechanism

maxresdefault.jpg

which definitely would be represented by a sticker. But I don't rule out the possibility that's it's just the atrium inside