Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I don’t think the Prophet office means we’ll get Rita Skeeter, there are a lot more important figures that they need to put in the set before one who is only ever actually seen at Hogwarts

I hope we're getting Rita in the set, she is one of the figures I'm really missing.

Just now, Crookshanks said:

I hope we're getting Rita in the set, she is one of the figures I'm really missing.

I truly don’t understand people’s obsession with Rita Skeeter, she’s one of the most boring/bland characters in the entire franchise ??, but each to their own I guess ??‍♂️

I'm thinking if anything is left out it will be Borgin and Burkes, but the Knockturn Alley sign is a, excuse the pun, sign we will get it as a standalone set. Now I know Borgin and Burkes is not in Diagon Alley, but that didn't stop Lego putting it in the last DA set. Thankfully now this theme has grown to a place where Lego could easily do a Diagon Alley set and then a separate Borgin and Burkes. Good times!

Any thoughts on how they will have designed the Weasley big head on the facade? Brick built or those weird Star Wars buildable figures?

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I truly don’t understand people’s obsession with Rita Skeeter, she’s one of the most boring/bland characters in the entire franchise ??, but each to their own I guess ??‍♂️

She wears a lime green outfit. What's not to love? ?

Just now, AdriWho said:

Any thoughts on how they will have designed the Weasley big head on the facade? Brick built or those weird Star Wars buildable figures?

I was thinking maybe like Grawp. ?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

the Knockturn Alley sign is a, excuse the pun, sign we will get it as a standalone set

Whilst I think it’s possible, I don’t think we should read too much into signs and stuff for future sets, I mean look at the wanted poster in the Hogwarts Express set, Sirius was supposed to use the Moody hairpiece and didn’t

I was thinking maybe like Grawp. ?

That might be a little big though. I guess we'll see :grin:

She wears a lime green outfit. What's not to love? ?

I guess Lime green is fun ??, but her character/personality is so bland ?

Just now, AdriWho said:

I would assume it would be brick built. Similar in style to that of the giant figures such s Grawp.

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I guess Lime green is fun ??, but her character/personality is so bland ?

I don't know, there's more of Rita in the books than the films and I think she's as developed as any other character. 

the balcony build of Gringotts might now allow for a sticker or a print.

Rita is colorful! and quite different to a lot of the other figs we have.

Wait, EIGHT shops?!?! And here I was hoping for six at best! And come on, Gringotts has to be there as well surely... this Is looking better than we ever imagined...

Also for some reason I assumed the Harry leak was Borgin & Burke’s but i guess Ollivanders also makes sense.

I don't know, there's more of Rita in the books than the films and I think she's as developed as any other character. 

I haven’t read the books in a while, but I remember disliking her in those too, or rather, less disliking her and more not caring about her as a character/plot point ?

Just now, bluedog1111 said:

lets all hope there is another sticker sheet with a leaky cauldron and Gringotts sign.

I guess so, there's also missing another sign for Florean Fortescue's Icream parlour. It's "weird" that they have included a sticker for the menu but not for the sign

wizarding+world+of+harry+potter+diagon+a

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Wait, EIGHT shops?!?! And here I was hoping for six at best! And come on, Gringotts has to be there as well surely... this Is looking better than we ever imagined...

Also for some reason I assumed the Harry leak was Borgin & Burke’s but i guess Ollivanders also makes sense.

well there is no sign that ice cream one is an actual building.

in the 'current' film set   ice cream parlor and flourish blotts   are shaped the same, just different colors, so lego might have skipped making a full ice crem parlor.

Edited by deskp

Just now, AdriWho said:

I guess so, there's also missing another sign for Florean Fortescue's Icream parlour. It's "weird" that they have included a sticker for the menu but not for the sign

wizarding+world+of+harry+potter+diagon+a

I feel kinda stupid for asking this, but why does the ice cream shop in universal studios look different than this? is it inaccurate, how it looks in a different movie or something else?

I think there might be hope for a Gringotts/leaky cauldron sticker sheet because when you have a very unimportant shop like Scibbulus take up a place on the sticker sheet that could easily be taken by Gringotts sign I think it just means that Gringotts will probably have either a huge sign or ton of sticker and the same with leaky cauldron. 

Just now, Surge said:

I feel kinda stupid for asking this, but why does the ice cream shop in universal studios look different than this? is it inaccurate, how it looks in a different movie or something else?

It is not stupid, the version of Dragon Alley in the theme parks is not completely movie accurate. They made the ice cream shop bigger and placed in another location to welcome more clients hehehe

Just now, AdriWho said:

there's also missing another sign for Florean Fortescue's Icream parlour

it's on sheet c, next to the big green Flourish and Blotts one.

Just now, Surge said:

its different in first 2 films, but the one in orlando is its own thing from anything in films.

a lot of the buildings in orlando are 'wrong'

Edited by deskp

Just now, BenderBrau said:

it's on sheet c, next to the big green Flourish and Blotts one.

No, I meant the sign with the actual name of the shop :)

Finally some news, very exciting! I love how many shops we're getting but I'm a bit worried about Gringotts. But I guess the sign is really the only thing in terms of prints or stickers Gringotts really needs so I wouldn't say it's definetely not included yet. Idk why so many people are concerned about the Cauldron, there are 3 stickers for it on sheet B :sceptic: