Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, AdriWho said:

Is the one from the Daily Prophet office!

Yeah, just googled it, I’m now very happy, as long as it comes with plenty of newspapers, I am however now worried that the wanted poster stickers aren’t from the Leaky Cauldron and are in fact from the Daily Prophet office, damn ?

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Yeah, just googled it, I’m now very happy, as long as it comes with plenty of newspapers, I am however now worried that the wanted poster stickers aren’t from the Leaky Cauldron and are in fact from the Daily Prophet office, damn ?

Yea I doubt we are getting LC at this rate, especially if they have WWW. 

Just now, Modal said:

I don’t think 1 building means not getting another tbh

Even if Gringotts isn’t included, at least it could easily be a standalone Deathly Hallows set, hopefully with SS Easter eggs like vault 713. But unfortunately it doesn’t look like the Leaky Cauldron or Borgin and Burke are included either. Then again, there could be more sticker sheets

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Anyone got any idea what those 3 stickers above the Ollivander’s signage on sheet A are? They look like something handwritten on parchment. 

Do not worry! In sheet C there is another Sirius poster left 

Just now, Crookshanks said:

I hope this mean we're getting Lockhart and Skeeter :pir-love:

I don’t think the Prophet office means we’ll get Rita Skeeter, there are a lot more important figures that they need to put in the set before one who is only ever actually seen at Hogwarts

Especially since it’s the same color as the DP sticker I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just on the outside of the DP office ?

Just now, AdriWho said:

Do not worry! In sheet C there is another Sirius poster left 

That is true, and that would make sense to be the one on its own for the newspaper Mr Weasley has ?

Just now, Modal said:

Why? The leaky Cauldron is iconic. It's the threshold in which Harry steps through to enter the wizarding world for the first time.

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I don’t think 1 building means not getting another tbh

I’m just saying with a $400 and 4000-5000 piece ceiling, there may have had to be cuts. WWW had the case that it wasn’t from year’s 1-3, but if that is included I think the next off the block would be a full sized LC. I do think, however, we will get some kind of “entrance”

Personally, I see LC and Gringotts like the beginning and end pieces of DA. Without them I’m afraid the street wouldn’t really feel complete

Edited by Modal

Just now, Marvelous Spidey said:

Especially since it’s the same color as the DP sticker I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just on the outside of the DP office ?

Exactly, and the other ones could be the printing press making the newspapers like we see in HBP with undesirable number 1 or whatever it says

When you go away for half an hour and you come back to three more pages and you think there must have been a leak because we have simply exhausted all other small talk and speculation! ?

I'm so happy we are getting WWW and if Skeeter is included (don't tease me Lego with that door!) I will be even happier.

As for Gringotts, I just can't see it not being in a DA set. Other than the Gringotts lettering on the front of the building I don't think they necessarily need many printed parts or stickers for Gringotts so I'm guessing the parts required are either printed or we're not seeing a sticker sheet. That being said, they could do it as a standalone like @Balrogofmorgoth says but I think they must know they'd face backlash for it. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

The 3D puzzle has Ollivander and Scribbulus together as one module

as does the film set.  scribbulus, olivander, x, icecream, florish and blotts

Edited by deskp

I'm hoping that the parchment stickers (above Ollivanders sign) are papers from Gringotts, but chances are that's not the case.

Just now, Marvelous Spidey said:

Certainly looks like WWW is the “centerpiece” of the set. There’s so much detail done with the stickers

Doesn't necessarily mean that it' the center piece. After all the shop, in universe, has a lot of detail.

Amazing stuff, all the shops I want are in it from Flourish and Blotts to Quality Quidditch Supplies. And I was right about WWW, it’s just too iconic to leave out. I highly doubt they would leave Gringotts out especially if Scribulus and the Daily Prophet are in. Betting it would crack 5,000 pieces with how many shops we are getting.
This could really be one of if not the greatest lego set ever, really can’t wait to see the minifigure selection which I assume will be just as incredible based on the awesome Harry variant and Florean Fortescue. Really looks like this is going to be the end all be all Diagon Alley set.

Edited by RODDY

1 minute ago, RODDY said:

Amazing stuff, all the shops I want are in it from Flourish and Blotts to Quality Quidditch Supplies. And I was right about WWW, it’s just too iconic to leave out. I highly doubt they would leave Gringotts out especially if Scribulus and the Daily Prophet are in. This could really be one of if not the greatest lego set ever, really can’t wait to see the minifigure selection which I assume will be just as incredible based on the awesome Harry variant and Florean Fortescue

Definitely one of the best if there are no obvious exclusions. I think what makes WWW and Gringotts so unique are their creative exteriors. It would definitely feel weird and perhaps “empty” not having that crooked white tower overlooking the street.

And if for some reason Gringotts isn’t included but coming in a future set, they better hint at that immediately if they don’t want to get into shit with the AFOL’s lol

Edited by Modal