Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Could this be a pirate bay situation where the reveal is literally right before release?

When was it revealed and released? Can’t find concrete data lol.

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

When was it revealed and released? Can’t find concrete data lol.

Revealed at 24 Mar 2020 and released at April 1st. :) Just a week in between.

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Good idea looking at the 3d puzzle! That model actually has the clearest pictures of some of the shops I've seen which is very useful for if there are more individual shops than the original set (which in my mind is very likely) 

Diagon1.jpg

I would be very surprised if this is all that the set includes as I feel like a Lego set would really need Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron on either end to complete the street. 

Gringotts exist in 3D puzzle to and I don't think lego would made the set excatly like the puzzle or taking all of the shops.

I'm guessing that the shops lego chose is going to remind a lot of the 3D puzzle. I'm guessing it would include the dragon on Gringotts roof like the puzzle and the HP park (?) and it would be really cool if they add it!

I don't think leaky cauldron is necessery for the set and for me it's not that important either..

Personally, I’m very much hoping for the Leaky Cauldron, I think it’s essential. As great as the set will be, I will definitely have some serious disappointment if the LC isn’t included. 

the figure potential for diagon alley set, could rival a cmf in variants and new characters.

LC is super important to me, more so than WWW. Gringotts is also essential but I have no doubt that’s included. 

I also think this set will have more of that crooked look from the movie set DA. Gives it a little more character than that 3D diorama.

41 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally, I’m very much hoping for the Leaky Cauldron, I think it’s essential. As great as the set will be, I will definitely have some serious disappointment if the LC isn’t included. 

It should be quite easy to MOD a Leaky Cauldron if it is not included but I hope at the very least there's the brick-wall-opening functioning, that definitely has to be included

10 minutes ago, deskp said:

the figure potential for diagon alley set, could rival a cmf in variants and new characters.

I just realised that if there are 16 figures included in Diagon Alley it would come with the same amount as the minifigure series! That would be funny if it did and might help me justify the price to myself (seeing as how the cost of a full sixteen minifigures is now £56 according to my maths) 

4 hours ago, TangyGecko said:

Ooh, I like that Idea! Here're my ideas:

Neville: Goblet of fire outdoor outfit, botany book ( the one moody gives him), gillyweed

Luna: Dress from Bill and Fleur's wedding, cup/decoration

Dumbledore: Half-blood prince robes, cursed hand, inferius/Marvolo's ring

Nice chooses ? 

Only thing I would change is leave the ring for a Tom Riddle figure, instead Dumbledore could have the Magazine with the knitting patterns he takes home from Slughorn’s ?

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

Neville - PS pajamas outfit (I'll fight you scene) with Trevor 

Dumbledore - HBP flashback orphanage scene with box of trinkets. 

Nice! This is my ideal Neville too for a specific new ‘Trevor’ toad mould (it Could also be used for those musical toads from PoA I guess)

2 hours ago, droobles said:

I'll add:

Neville: Battle of Hogwarts w/ sword and sorting hat

Luna: Battle of hogwarts w... Ravenclaw diadem? She doesn't encounter it in the movie but it is her idea. I would love detailed CMF version of it.

Dumbledore: Chamber of Secrets flashback

I forgot about that Dumbledore, It would be quite interesting if they did the figure monochrome like the scene itself

Also an excellent way to get the new sward again with Neville ?

Luna could have something from the student hideout room, or maybe a wanted poster? I would give the diadem to The Grey Lady herself

I struggle to think of more versions of these three; i’m only left with a ‘casual’ clothes Neville (OotP) with his potted Mimbulus mimbletonia (magical cactus), which could be simply a sand green recolour of the ‘icecream’ part in a bucket 

Edited by Bugbot20082

21 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

same here. LC, Gringotts, F&B, Ollivander's, WWW and B&B is all that really matters as they're the most fleshed out places. But the existence of Fortescue figure is so weird. Up until the leak I didn't even know hes was on screen! It does suggest that the set will be based on the theme park rather than what's seen in the movies. It makes it even harder to predict. The easiest thing to imagine is Assembly Square but with DA shops, but that's definitely too short of an alley. Potentially the set will have open back, leaving more pieces for other facades, meaning DA could be about 50-75% wider than AS, but that's about as large as it can be at $400 price point. C'mon lego, break the Fidelius charm, we can't wait any longer :tongue:

21 minutes ago, deskp said:

I mean, purely theoretically yes. But that’s assuming a 15-20 minifigure count (which is admittedly a not unsafe assumption considering how minor a character one of our only leaks is), and it fails to actually look at how many new characters we actually got in the CMF. 
Series 2 features 4 characters (James, Lily, Kingsley, and Myrtle) that have never been made in Lego before, and another 4 characters who are being made for the first time since the reboot (Griphook, Fred, George, and Sprout). That’s HALF the CMF that could be considered ‘new characters’. 
Of the remaining variants, 7 were variants that had never been done before (and were unlikely to appear in sets), with Neville being the only one who could be said to have a ‘normal’ or ‘repetitive’ outfit. 
So yeah, I won’t argue that we might get a decent number of variants, and if the fig count is closer to 20 than 15 it might even rival the cmf. But as far as new characters go... We know we’re getting Fortescue and there’s a good chance we’ll see Lucius and Lockhart for the first time since the theme reboot, but with the trio plus some Weasleys given, plus the preexisting Hagrid and Ollivander practically guaranteed, with the distinct possibility that we’ll get more than one version of some characters - I wouldn’t consider the odds of getting 8 new characters particularly high. Add on the fact that the D2C will have much fewer new molds (if any) and the CMF will likely still be the superior choice in regards to new minifigures. 

2 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Revealed at 24 Mar 2020 and released at April 1st. :) Just a week in between.

Thanks! I guess this will be the case for DA, yawn.

1 hour ago, deskp said:

It’s only fair TBH, I mean not rival but close enough. Again, I expect no less than 12 minifigures and that’s a ridiculously low number considering the price (and the fact that it’s not micro scale) I’d say 14 maybe even 15.

I expect Griphook’s mold to be reused, and if Hagrid makes an appearance I hope he gets updated :sadnew: 

I wonder if the butterbeer mold in the CMF means we're more likely to get the Leaky Cauldron in the D2C. From what I can tell, the Leaky Cauldron is the only place known to sell butterbeer in DA, and it would make sense that they'd want to use those new molds again. Maybe Florean's shop (if it's included) would use the new "ice cream glass" mold too? Just a thought.

8 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

I wonder if the butterbeer mold in the CMF means we're more likely to get the Leaky Cauldron in the D2C. From what I can tell, the Leaky Cauldron is the only place known to sell butterbeer in DA, and it would make sense that they'd want to use those new molds again. Maybe Florean's shop (if it's included) would use the new "ice cream glass" mold too? Just a thought.

Zing, i was wondering why theyd make that odd new icecream/martini? glass, though maybe for lego friends.  but  that seems almost a given now you mention it!

8 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Very good point. Spread the budget around and use the CMF for moulds for the DA so the D2C budget can go on great figures and other prints/moulds. Here's hoping!

All of us on #teamleaky must band together to support our pub in these hellish times. I will not rest until she is treated fairly like our fellow DA buildings :pir-sad2:

Who joins me :pir-huzzah1:

Sticker sheet leaked. Quality Quidditch Supplies and Scribbulus are definitely shops that we will get. Multiple stickers with "Daily Prophet" suggest the Daily Prophet Office and Ollivander's is also included. WWW and Flourish and Blotts are on seperate sticker sheets

Edited by Metanoios91

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

Sticker sheet leaked. Quality Quidditch Supplies and Scribbulus are definitely shops that we will get

And weasley wizard wheezes

Holy shoot!! FOUR STICKER SHEETS!! And WWW is definitely confirmed ahhhhhhhh. Sorry to the people who would’ve preferred it being its own set, I definitely understood your guys’s point of view there, but this just makes me so happy

Looks like the Daily Prophet, Olivanders, Quality Quiditch Supplies, looks like the Leaky Cauldron wall where we see Sirius’s wanted poster is there too. Too low quality for me to read much more