Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I have a thought experiment we could do to pass the time:

We have seen in series 2 that along with the main trio Neville, Luna and Dumbledore each got another spot. So what if LEGO has decided that they are such fan favourites that like the trio they will always be represented in the CMF going forward?

So how many CMF viable versions of Luna, Dumbledore and Neville can we think of? What would be their outfits and accessories?

I’lltry first:

Neville: Flying lesson, Hogwarts robes, Broom, remembrall

Luna: Barefoot casual cloathes, Baby Thestral

Dumbledore: White outfit, ‘baby’ Voldermort soul.

Ooh, I like that Idea! Here're my ideas:

Neville: Goblet of fire outdoor outfit, botany book ( the one moody gives him), gillyweed

Luna: Dress from Bill and Fleur's wedding, cup/decoration

Dumbledore: Half-blood prince robes, cursed hand, inferius/Marvolo's ring

Oh and something else. I might go to the lego store soon. I want to ask about the Diagon Alley set. Maybe they'll have it in the back. I'll just ask for pictures not to buy it. Here no one cares about set releases and reveals so they probably know nothing. But we'll see.

1 minute ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

Oh and something else. I might go to the lego store soon. I want to ask about the Diagon Alley set. Maybe they'll have it in the back. I'll just ask for pictures not to buy it. Here no one cares about set releases and reveals so they probably know nothing. But we'll see.

I’m Greek American and I can testify to that :laugh:. Καλή τύχη!

I'm feeling a bit sad, when DA have been official/leaked then we haven't anymore sets to look forward to.. Have anyone the same feeling?

I know that we probably will get more sets next year. But we don't know when and what it's going to be..

I've been thinking that DA set is going to remind of the DA 3D puzzle. The Hogwarts castle and the 3D puzzle is looking almost the same and my guess it that WB want their merchandise have the same look. Have anyone else thought about this?

Just now, sebastian666 said:

I’m Greek American and I can testify to that :laugh:. Καλή τύχη!

Ευχαριστω! Πω πω επιτελους. Καποιος Ελληνας! Do you live in America or Greece?

3 hours ago, Salix said:

This year has been a little bit crazy in regards to that. I've spend a lot more than in other years. I blame LEGO, they've been making too much good stuff this year. :P

Are some of those minifigures custom? Or are they from older sets pre-2018?

I'd say half are from recent sets and half are purist customs. I've got about 10 Gryffindor torsos from the 2010 wave and those are distinctive because they have the Gryffindor coat of arms shield on the torso. I've also got one Slytherin jumper and two Gryffindor torsos from all the way back in 2004, when I got a few of the original Prisoner of Azkaban sets. One of those even has time-turner printing on it which is very useful but at the moment I've been using that for Percy instead of a prefect badge! :grin:

I really like customising my own students especially when over the last 15 years the jumper printing has been fairly consistent. As I said a few pages back I'm waiting for a few copies of the Hogwarts Students Accessory Pack to be delivered and then I should be able to customise most, if not all, of the Hogwarts side characters. 

1 minute ago, Crookshanks said:

I'm feeling a bit sad, when DA have been official/leaked then we haven't anymore sets to look forward to.. Have anyone the same feeling?

I know that we probably will get more sets next year. But we don't know when and what it's going to be..

I've been thinking that DA set is going to remind of the DA 3D puzzle. The Hogwarts castle and the 3D puzzle is looking almost the same and my guess it that WB want their merchandise have the same look. Have anyone else thought about this?

Good idea looking at the 3d puzzle! That model actually has the clearest pictures of some of the shops I've seen which is very useful for if there are more individual shops than the original set (which in my mind is very likely) 

Diagon1.jpg

I would be very surprised if this is all that the set includes as I feel like a Lego set would really need Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron on either end to complete the street. 

Just now, Nikiforosdallas said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the HP d2c should have a street to it?

Agreed, that was one of the major things missing from the last version :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

Ευχαριστω! Πω πω επιτελους. Καποιος Ελληνας! Do you live in America or Greece?

Ζήτω η Ελλάδα ! Haha. I live in America but my family has a summer home on the island of Crete. No European travel for us this year though :sceptic:. Greek toy stores really are the best. I remember getting new Star Wars toys every summer that my friends in the US couldn’t get until the fall because Greeks could care less about shelf dates. Fun fact: the Greek edition of Harry Potter is JK Rowling’s #1 favorite of all the translations. Anyway, back to LEGO!

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Ζήτω η Ελλάδα ! Haha. I live in America but my family has a summer home on the island of Crete. No European travel for us this year though :sceptic:. Greek toy stores really are the best. I remember getting new Star Wars toys every summer that my friends in the US couldn’t get until the fall because Greeks could care less about shelf dates. Fun fact: the Greek edition of Harry Potter is JK Rowling’s #1 favorite of all the translations. Anyway, back to LEGO!

Yes I agree. No one cares about release dates here. This is why my lego store might have the Diagon Alley in the back. But I don't know what to say to them. I would really need some help. Can I just say "Can you tell me if you have lego set 75978 on the back?". Maybe.

10 minutes ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the HP d2c should have a street to it?

How much of a street are you thinking of? Because I think there should be a modular row of shops that all connect to each other. A bit of pavement in front of each would be fine too but no more than the Modular City sets. I'm of the opinion that creating the full street between the shops will probably be really easy to do with a lot of grey plates so I would rather Lego did not devote a huge piece count to the street outside of the shops. 

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Fun fact: the Greek edition of Harry Potter is JK Rowling’s #1 favorite of all the translations. Anyway, back to LEGO!

That is a fun fact! I remember hearing somewhere that JK Rowling studied Classical Civilisations; maybe that's why? It would be neat if that was the reason why as Classical Civilisations was one of my A-Levels and studying Classical Sparta and the Bronze Age Aegean made up quite a considerable part of my degree too :grin:

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Classical Civilisations was one of my A-Levels :grin:

Ah me too! Can't remember half of it though. J.K's definitely done a lot of studying in that area though. There are some fascinating essays out there going really in depth.

8 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

How much of a street are you thinking of?

The perfect street for me would be as big as the one in the modular buildings

Do any of you think that there is a possibility on say august 14th or 15th that Lego reveals DA and lets VIPs order it on that day as well?

4 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Do any of you think that there is a possibility on say august 14th or 15th that Lego reveals DA and lets VIPs order it on that day as well?

I would love for that to happen but I don't think it will.

1 hour ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

Hello everyone. I'm new to eurobricks and I just wanted to say that @lego_fans_news_ on instagram has said that we might see something this week about Diagon Alley. He also said that new information about the set will be coming very soon (he said maybe today ). He also said that there will be 6-12 figures. Of course that would be complitely wrong but since he leaked the cmf and the star wars figures, I think he is reliable.

That minifig count is unacceptable to be honest

47 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Hunting the Minotaur in your spare time, are you?

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If it real (I hope it is not) I will be very disappointed. I think it should be 17 or at least 15 minifigures.

Man everyone is desperate for anything regarding the d2c. First I doubt even if your LEGO store had it they would show it to random people, it doesn’t really work like that. Second LEGO fan news is guessing when it comes to the reveal and figure count. The set and cmf could be revealed at anytime 

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If Florean Fortescue, the ice cream minor character whose in a grand total of 3 chapters and 2 seconds of screentime as featured then anything less than 15 minifigures would be very surprising :laugh:. I feel like this is a set where Lego will throw in all sorts of side characters to justify the size even more for hardcore AFOL Harry Potter fans

Also I had a few thoughts regarding potential minifigures: 

• If the Leaky Cauldron is included then I think characters from that scene in the first film are very likely such as the original Tom the Barman (with hair), Daedalus Diggle and even Quirrel (Lego can then reuse his minifigure from the Great Hall) 
  • If Flourish and Blotts is included then I think Lockhart, Lucius Malfoy, Draco and Ginny are very likely to recreate that particular scene from Chamber of Secrets. Ginny's cauldron and Tom Riddle's diary could even be included. 

Also if yet another Ginny comes in this set, this time with miniature legs, would that count as enough Ginny variants for everyone on this forum? :tongue:

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Man everyone is desperate for anything regarding the d2c. First I doubt even if your LEGO store had it they would show it to random people, it doesn’t really work like that. Second LEGO fan news is guessing when it comes to the reveal and figure count. The set and cmf could be revealed at anytime 

Hello falconfan I'm a big fan. First you are right everyone wants to see the d2c or at least see a leaked figure from it. Second here in Greece NO ONE cares about lego reveals and dates. I don't think they'll show it to me but it is worth a try. Just to let you know. I called an employee and she didn't even know about the mario gwp set even though they were giving it. And about lego fans news. The only reason I believe him is because he showed the cantina minifigures and the bespin duel set. He could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

So how many CMF viable versions of Luna, Dumbledore and Neville can we think of? What would be their outfits and accessories?

Neville - PS pajamas outfit (I'll fight you scene) with Trevor 

Dumbledore - HBP flashback orphanage scene with box of trinkets. 

I really hope Lego will be ahead of the leaks. I love leaks, but they kinda ruin the surprise. I really hope they reveal it this week (although I highly doubt it). Could this be a pirate bay situation where the reveal is literally right before release?

Also I guess that august 7 release date for the cmf series from the brickshop website isn't going to happen anymore. They've like less than a day to "reveal" it.

Amazon US is now allowing preorder of the HP sets (room of requirement, astronomy tower, etc) with an August 28 release date!! Not exciting for Euro people but great news for us stateside :)

Edited by diagonalley

2 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I'll add:

Neville: Battle of Hogwarts w/ sword and sorting hat

Luna: Battle of hogwarts w... Ravenclaw diadem? She doesn't encounter it in the movie but it is her idea. I would love detailed CMF version of it.

Dumbledore: Chamber of Secrets flashback