Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

As long as DA is released in September, I really don’t care about leaks anymore.  The CMF reveal pretty much has to be this week or next, though. 

Luckylegostore posted some pictures of the sides of the box, Lilly definetely has shoe and skirt printing

Also, Luna indeed comes with that hairpiece

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Also, Luna indeed comes with that hairpiece

Weird... maybe it‘s some good ol‘ nostalgia-baiting :laugh: Wrong version, but still :tongue:

The “Muggles Are Our Friends” poster / printed tile is making its rounds again on Instagram - @lego_fans_news_ claims it is from the new Diagon Alley set. I’m still not convinced that it’s real... What do you all think?

The person on IG who leaked the Ponda Baba and Dr Evazan has reposted a shot of that tile with Muggles Are Our Friends saying it is from DA. I know when it leaked months ago it was a rumoured CMF piece, but it got disbelieved for a couple of reasons, such as the art style, so what are people's thoughts about it now? I know the Nagini piece was slated as not real until it did actually come in the CMF.

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

The “Muggles Are Our Friends” poster / printed tile is making its rounds again on Instagram - @lego_fans_news_ claims it is from the new Diagon Alley set. I’m still not convinced that it’s real... What do you all think?

Hmmm...that’s interesting.  My instinct says real, but I’m going to say it’s fake, just based on the number of times I’ve been wrong this year.  :tongue:

Where would that piece be in the DA set? It looks pretty ugly not going to lie. Can’t put my finger on why I think that though

Edited by Modal

Does that print actually belong to a poster that's seen in any of the movies? If you google "muggles are your friends" you'll see the same "un-lego-fied" poster. It looks like fanart to me. Or is it official HP paraphernalia?

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Where would that piece be in the DA set? It looks pretty ugly not going to lie. Can’t put my finger on why I think that though

To me it's because one arm is thin and one thick.

First of all I'm not sure how and where that poster would fit in the set. Second the thing this is based off isn't even real, it's fanart :laugh_hard:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

First of all I'm not sure how and where that poster would fit in the set. Second the thing this is based off isn't even real, it's fanart :laugh_hard:

Thing is, I don't take that as a definite 'not real' because Lego just seems to like messing with us and pulling these things lately. :head_back:

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Thing is, I don't take that as a definite 'not real' because Lego just seems to like messing with us and pulling these things lately. :head_back:

I'm not saying it's definetely fake but it would be unbelievably stupid from LEGO to make a printed poster based on fanart :def_shrug:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm not saying it's definetely fake but it would be unbelievably stupid from LEGO to make a printed poster based on fanart :def_shrug:

It wouldn't be my first choice of print let's just say that. :wink:

And it doesn‘t emulate the original design either since it‘s just blank minifigures instead of the more specific-looking characters on the fanart :grin: I hope it‘s not real

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wonder if we'll get that UCS Dobby's Sock if we make enough drawings and posters of it :tongue:

The funny thing is, a UCS Tom Riddle’s diary, in the style of the the fairy tale pop up book Ideas set (with buildable flashback vignettes inside) would actually be pretty cool.  

On 7/31/2020 at 11:03 PM, Modal said:

Would I be the only one to find it quite strange to have Harry as his 11 year old self with an older Weasley family with a store that isn’t made until years later? I feel you need to choose one or the other but not both 

The one time we've seen some thing like that was the Ultimate Millennium Falcon 75192. It had young Han, Leia, Chewie, 3PO and Finn, Rey and Old Han. But that was a $700 set aiming to be the biggest and best Lego ever made.

Still no CMF reveal... Welp, doesn’t look the DA reveal is going to happen before the middle of August after all :sceptic: I‘m sure the reveal event would have been something special, but by putting this off until the very last minute, they’re basically asking for it to be leaked :tongue: It’s like challenging a thunderstorm by swirling a metal rod around on an open field

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Still no CMF reveal... Welp, doesn’t look the DA reveal is going to happen before the middle of August after all :sceptic: I‘m sure the reveal event would have been something special, but by putting this off until the very last minute, they’re basically asking for it to be leaked :tongue: It’s like challenging a thunderstorm by swirling a metal rod around on an open field

We could technically still get early access for Diagon Alley if they reveal it as late as the end of next week, but my hope is dwindling fast.  And I love your thunderstorm analogy!

Edited by RogueTwo

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s like challenging a thunderstorm by swirling a metal rod around on an open field

And then the lightning just doesn't strike and they build a giant metal tower just for the heck of it :tongue: Yeah, they really are asking for the entire thing to get leaked. I thought they would've learned their lesson after the ''leak catastrophe'' of Series 2

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

And then the lightning just doesn't strike and they build a giant metal tower just for the heck of it :tongue: Yeah, they really are asking for the entire thing to get leaked. I thought they would've learned their lesson after the ''leak catastrophe'' of Series 2

You might actually be right, lego_fans_news_ (the same person who leaked the "Muggles Are Our Friends" poster so not sure if they're 100% legit) says they think it'll be leaked this week.

I ask myself whether they have planned something very very special for the CMF and maybe together with DA - what else keeps them from just revealing the CMF series after it has already been leaked entirely? Not that I have hopes up for anything, I don't expect to see Diagon Alley before August 25. 

13 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I ask myself whether they have planned something very very special for the CMF and maybe together with DA - what else keeps them from just revealing the CMF series after it has already been leaked entirely? Not that I have hopes up for anything, I don't expect to see Diagon Alley before August 25. 

I really hope you’re right.  I know it’s pathetic that I don’t want to wait 15 extra days to spend $400, but I was kind of counting on an early VIP release. 

31 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I really hope you’re right.  I know it’s pathetic that I don’t want to wait 15 extra days to spend $400, but I was kind of counting on an early VIP release. 

Well, I haven't been right very often ? But I hope so too - it's not just about spending money, it's more about getting our hands on a beautifully designed Lego set ?

Edited by 8fifty

I was just now comparing the CMF series 2 Luna with her movie counterpart and I noticed in the movie she has plain purple pants. That got me wondering, wouldn’t it be a good idea to switch Luna’s legs with Lavender’s legs?