Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

So is there still a chance for a VIP early release of Diagon Alley if it gets revealed this week?  Or is that out the window now?

I wouldn't say it's completely out the window but it is definetely unlikely now

4 hours ago, summicron said:

Now that I've calmed down over the full CMF leak, I'm dreading the wait until I can buy them. This is like the final few km of a marathon. Tired gasping, just the worst part.

I am already on the hunt to find them in stores lol. I know it's really early and the chances are sooo slim but I'm  searching the store next to my work everyday I work now. I found the DC minifigure series there 2 weeks early, so that's where I'm gonna keep looking. Plus, since it's not the "Lego" store, there won't be a ban for feeling for the figures. I really want to find Ron, Griphook, Harry, and Hermione. If the twins aren't in DA, I will also look for them. 

48 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

So is there still a chance for a VIP early release of Diagon Alley if it gets revealed this week?  Or is that out the window now?

I'd say there's still a small chance of a reveal within the next week and then VIP access mid August and a general release September 1st. But it's getting so close to a potential release date now I really don't think it matters all that much. What I am expecting early this week is a CMF reveal considering the leaks this weekend and the fact they are already being sold somewhere. Dragging that reveal out would just look lazy and disorganised to me. Of course it won't really matter to us all now anyway, although some real pics of all the figures would be great, apart from the fact that I think they need to get that reveal out of the way before they announce DA.

Edited by BacktoBricks

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, we'll probably have to wait for the actual release for that

I hope some fortunate enough to get them early .... post pics of the back of the minifigs. Even official LEGO images won't show the backs.

6 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Yeah, I made a custom YAD that I absolutely love and it makes me so hyped for an official figure because if I can make one that I love then I’m sure that Lego’s will blow me away, that and my custom OotP Sirius are my 2 favourite customs

Those sound really good! I improvised an OOTP Sirius but it was just the Azkaban head and hair on Bilbo Baggins' torso from the Hobbit :grin:. Are you on Instagram or Flickr as I always really like seeing people's custom figures.

4 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Those sound really good! I improvised an OOTP Sirius but it was just the Azkaban head and hair on Bilbo Baggins' torso from the Hobbit :grin:. Are you on Instagram or Flickr as I always really like seeing people's custom figures.

I’m on Insta, but it’s a private Insta, not Lego-based, my Sirius is the Dastan (Prince of Persia) hairpiece, Bofur (the Hobbit) head, Frodo Baggins torso (brown jacket, red vest) and black legs

and my YAD is the Peter Venkman (Ghostbusters) hair, Nomad (Avengers Infinity War) head and the GCPD officer (Lego Batman Movie) from the Blister pack’s torso/legs ☺️

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’m on Insta, but it’s a private Insta, not Lego-based, my Sirius is the Dastan (Prince of Persia) hairpiece, Bofur (the Hobbit) head, Frodo Baggins torso (brown jacket, red vest) and black legs

Oh brilliant, I've got all those pieces as I was a big collector of all the Middle Earth waves. I wouldn't have thought of Bofur's head but I'll give it a try. 

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

and my YAD is the Peter Venkman (Ghostbusters) hair, Nomad (Avengers Infinity War) head and the GCPD officer (Lego Batman Movie) from the Blister pack’s torso/legs ☺️

Less lucky with those parts as I haven't got those figures. Most of the customs I've seen of Dumbledore have used that Nomad head piece but that widow's-peak hair sounds like it'd be a really good fit!

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Oh brilliant, I've got all those pieces as I was a big collector of all the Middle Earth waves. I wouldn't have thought of Bofur's head but I'll give it a try. 

The only piece that I already had was the Bofur head as I had the set he came in (I had all the wave 1 sets so had all Dwarves except Gloin and Oin as they came in wave 2 in the Barrel escape set ?) so ended up ordering the rest off BrickLink, I did confuse myself when looking at my Sirius because I thought I had used a torso I already had but I hadn’t, the only Frodo I had was from the Gandalf’s arrival set (small, horse carriage, came with Gandalf and Frodo only)

Less lucky with those parts as I haven't got those figures. Most of the customs I've seen of Dumbledore have used that Nomad head piece but that widow's-peak hair sounds like it'd be a really good fit!

Yeah, I didn’t have any of those parts, managed to get Nomad (full figure) through bricks and pieces before they cracked down on sending out missing parts for sets without proof, the widow’s peak hair I already owned for some reason, might have been an old custom ??‍♂️?, and the GCPD outfit I definitely didn’t have so had to order that separately, but it was the only figure that seemed to have a good enough peacoat (the style of coat that DumbleLaw wears), I’m hoping an official one comes out because 1) I would love to get an official DumbleLaw and 2) I need a peacoat for my sigfig ?

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

The only piece that I already had was the Bofur head as I had the set he came in (I had all the wave 1 sets so had all Dwarves except Gloin and Oin as they came in wave 2 in the Barrel escape set ?) so ended up ordering the rest off BrickLink, I did confuse myself when looking at my Sirius because I thought I had used a torso I already had but I hadn’t, the only Frodo I had was from the Gandalf’s arrival set (small, horse carriage, came with Gandalf and Frodo only)

Yeah, I didn’t have any of those parts, managed to get Nomad (full figure) through bricks and pieces before they cracked down on sending out missing parts for sets without proof, the widow’s peak hair I already owned for some reason, might have been an old custom ??‍♂️?, and the GCPD outfit I definitely didn’t have so had to order that separately, but it was the only figure that seemed to have a good enough peacoat (the style of coat that DumbleLaw wears), I’m hoping an official one comes out because 1) I would love to get an official DumbleLaw and 2) I need a peacoat for my sigfig ?

Bofur came in the Bag End set, didn't he? I've still got that set built and displayed, its one of my favourites! 

Also I've just looked him up and is the GCPD figure you're talking about the black guy with a goatee? Because I actually got his dual-moulded blue and dark brown legs from build-a-minifigure in December! I'll have to look for a matching torso close enough to that blue peacoat to start making my own Dumbledore :grin:

Bofur came in the Bag End set, didn't he? I've still got that set built and displayed, its one of my favourites! 

He did indeed, I loved all the Hobbit sets but ran out of space to display them so broke them all down and used the Minifigures for customs, I probably would’ve kept them displayed if I continued to buy them, but I stopped after the first wave ?

Also I've just looked him up and is the GCPD figure you're talking about the black guy with a goatee?

It is indeed, he is the one, yeah, his legs are dark blue/black I believe, but they may be dark brown ??

14 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

DumbleLaw? I must admit I like the name Youngledore better :laugh_hard: I'd love to see a pic of you custom figure!

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

He did indeed, I loved all the Hobbit sets but ran out of space to display them so broke them all down and used the Minifigures for customs, I probably would’ve kept them displayed if I continued to buy them, but I stopped after the first wave ?

Yeah the Hobbit and LotR sets were fantastic, I really regret not buying any of them. Fingers crossed Middle Earth is the next big reboot after Wizarding World ends, even though the first time apparently didn't sell well (which kinda was the fault of the selection of sets released imo).

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

DumbleLaw? I must admit I like the name Youngledore better :laugh_hard: I'd love to see a pic of you custom figure!

8 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Youngledore, I love it ??, my custom is; https://postimg.cc/zbgDZrpG

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah the Hobbit and LotR sets were fantastic, I really regret not buying any of them. Fingers crossed Middle Earth is the next big reboot after Wizarding World ends, even though the first time apparently didn't sell well (which kinda was the fault of the selection of sets released imo).

Yeah, I absolutely loved the sets, my only regret is not getting every Hobbit set, the armoured figures from the Battle of the Five Armies are some amazing figures, and Dain Ironfoot and Beorn are amazing, but I’m also glad I didn’t because I would have been even more annoyed that I had to dismantle them all, I would love for them to make new, more accurate sets based on the Middle-Earth saga, especially if we got figures as accurate and detailed as the WW figures, also imagine a ME CMF series ??

I've just had a mess around with some pieces and the result definitely isn't as good as TheRandomBlocker's but it's a start. Weirdly both my attempts used dark blue Star Wars torsos as that was the closest thing I could find to that blue coat look 

Youngledore (Young Dumbledore)

Youngledore (Young Dumbledore)

definitely isn't as good as TheRandomBlocker's

Never put yourself down, you have worked with pieces that you had lying around, I had to order my pieces, what you have built is amazing and respect to you for doing so, also I think they look fantastic, except for 1 thing, the Star Wars printing ?, although, Dumbledore would definitely be part of the rebel alliance if he was in Star Wars ?☺️

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

What I am expecting early this week is a CMF reveal considering the leaks this weekend and the fact they are already being sold somewhere. Dragging that reveal out would just look lazy and disorganised to me. Of course it won't really matter to us all now anyway, although some real pics of all the figures would be great, apart from the fact that I think they need to get that reveal out of the way before they announce DA.

I agree that the official CMF reveal will almost certainly be done before the Diagon Alley reveal, and frankly if it doesn’t happen on Monday I’ll have a lot of questions (Lego has to know the series has been leaked by now, and given how close we are to the normal announcement time, they should really already have the official images ready and just need to post them). 
However, I think getting the official images is more than just a formality at this point. We’ve only seen good irl pics of a couple of the characters, for all the rest we’re working solely from the checklist sheet and box art, which aren’t the best pictures, even if we’ve gotten slightly clearer ones now. There’s definitely some printing on Lily and baby Harry that we can’t properly make out, and we wouldn’t know about Bellatrix’s arm printing if someone hadn’t gotten the actual minifigure and posted pictures. I expect to get another layer of detail visible when Lego drops the official images, so I’m looking forward to seeing them. 

Brickshop also has the CMF listed to arrive on the 7th of august. I don't know how reliable they usually are but given they are already out there I am inclined to believe this, if this is true I would indeed expect an official release very, very soon.

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Never put yourself down, you have worked with pieces that you had lying around, I had to order my pieces, what you have built is amazing and respect to you for doing so, also I think they look fantastic, except for 1 thing, the Star Wars printing ?, although, Dumbledore would definitely be part of the rebel alliance if he was in Star Wars ?☺️

Ah thank you! Speaking of ordering pieces I really want to try to find that blue coat torso you used for your Dumbledore, that's such a great piece! It's a shame Build-A-Minifigure is looking like it's going to stay closed because of the pandemic :cry2:

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

However, I think getting the official images is more than just a formality at this point. We’ve only seen good irl pics of a couple of the characters, for all the rest we’re working solely from the checklist sheet and box art, which aren’t the best pictures, even if we’ve gotten slightly clearer ones now. There’s definitely some printing on Lily and baby Harry that we can’t properly make out, and we wouldn’t know about Bellatrix’s arm printing if someone hadn’t gotten the actual minifigure and posted pictures. I expect to get another layer of detail visible when Lego drops the official images, so I’m looking forward to seeing them. 

James Potter's glasses as well seem like very fine printing that is hard to make out. It's just a shame that official pictures will probably not include all the alternate faces and back printing - does anyone else remember the first series when we had no idea what Grindelwald's alternate face looked like? We only knew we were getting a Colin Farrell face because the photographer had included his black printed hairpiece on the Grindelwald face print! 

James Potter's glasses as well seem like very fine printing that is hard to make out. It's just a shame that official pictures will probably not include all the alternate faces and back printing - does anyone else remember the first series when we had no idea what Grindelwald's alternate face looked like? We only knew we were getting a Colin Farrell face because the photographer had included his black printed hairpiece on the Grindelwald face print! 

The series 1 reveal was definitely unusual for a CMF, since they did a photo shoot with the real minifigures in the Great Hall at the studio tour instead of just uploading the rendered images that get included in the product listing on their website like other CMFs. 

Which poses an interesting question. Do you guys think that Lego will do the typical high res rendered images like other CMFs or do a repeat of series 1 for series 2. I don’t think the studio tour is open to the public yet, but one Lego employee taking photos should be doable, so it’s really down to being an atheistic choice by Lego. Thoughts?

27 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Brickshop also has the CMF listed to arrive on the 7th of august. I don't know how reliable they usually are but given they are already out there I am inclined to believe this, if this is true I would indeed expect an official release very, very soon.

That info has been on there for months. I've always been a big supporter of them both as a store and supplier of info but this time they're definetely wrong. I don't think LEGO has ever announced a CMF only a couple of days before its release, if you'd ask me I'd say August 7th was the original releasedate and LEGO moved it up a month.

22 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The series 1 reveal was definitely unusual for a CMF, since they did a photo shoot with the real minifigures in the Great Hall at the studio tour instead of just uploading the rendered images that get included in the product listing on their website like other CMFs. 

Which poses an interesting question. Do you guys think that Lego will do the typical high res rendered images like other CMFs or do a repeat of series 1 for series 2. I don’t think the studio tour is open to the public yet, but one Lego employee taking photos should be doable, so it’s really down to being an atheistic choice by Lego. Thoughts?

I definitely think following trends this year with the Harry Potter summer wave the pictures of the CMF will be of digital renders. Even the box art this year was rendered, which actually looked less attractive to me personally, especially when it made minifigure details look really flat and fakey. I originally disliked a lot of the Astronomy Tower minifigures, especially Hermione but when I had the physical figures they're actually really fun, so much so that I'll probably get the new Ginny to go with them. 

At least if the CMF pictures are digital it will mean we can see all the details clearly :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I only have Bag End, but I’m dying for Orthanc and a few more. Your wish for a LEGO LOTR reboot may come true sooner than you think! Next year, Amazon Prime is launching it’s LOTR prequel series - it’s one of the most expensive television deals in history - and there are already some huge names attached. JJ Abrams is advising and JA Bayona (Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom) is directing. Production began back in November but had to halt this year due to Covid19. If there was ever a reason to reboot LEGO LOTR, this would be it!

At firstbi was confused about Harry, Ron and Hermione'alternate faces as they looked disgusted/scared then I worked out they're based off when the trio go in the Three Broomsticks and see Ginny with Dean => disgusted. Or it's meant to be when Katie Bell gets cursed => scared.

I like how they're a bit different to the normal scared face as we get so many generic smile and generic scared faces. I'd like to see more unique faces like laughing, crying, embarrassed, confused, eating etc.

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I only have Bag End, but I’m dying for Orthanc and a few more. Your wish for a LEGO LOTR reboot may come true sooner than you think! Next year, Amazon Prime is launching it’s LOTR prequel series - it’s one of the most expensive television deals in history - and there are already some huge names attached. JJ Abrams is advising and JA Bayona (Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom) is directing. Production began back in November but had to halt this year due to Covid19. If there was ever a reason to reboot LEGO LOTR, this would be it!

Yup, I know. Fingers crossed!

@Jarreth2 yeah, I was gonna use those parts but I wanted the Paris rooftops Dumbledore rather than Hogwarts Dumbledore ☺️, but yeah, the head (Nomad, not America, but easy mistake ?) and hair are the same as on mine ☺️