Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Even though you can’t put Bellatrix in a specific set, she greatly enhances the Burrow set, because she features a new Bellatrix face print which can be swapped out for the horrible Mantis face that she comes with.

Yeah, the one that came in the burrow this year doesn't look like bellatrix at all. The 2010 one and the CMF ones are very similar and basically perfect. They dropped the ball a bit on the burrow one.

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

she’s a pretty useless character except for display, but then so are James and Lily (who are 2 of my absolute faves of this series)

I would love an Azkaban prisons set! And I think James and Lily can fit easily into a Mirror of Erised scene in the Great Hall set, or a (admittedly morbid) scene before Hagrid and Dumbledore deliver Harry to Privet Drive, etc. 

13 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I’m kinda shocked about all this outrage over Ginny. I think she’s a worthwhile inclusion especially with how bad they botched her in The Burrow, this is way more screen accurate. Even the twins are fun minifigs with unique prints. I think the ones I personally could have lived without was Bellatrix because you really can’t put her in any of the sets and Neville because you already have plenty of student robes. But still a phenomenal selection all around and amazing accessories like Sword of Gryffindor, Fawkes, and Butter Beer. Think they’ll do a third wave down the line to fill in some of the noticeable absences like Pomfrey and Karakaroff.

One feeling I did get after seeing figures like Lily and James in the series was a feeling of worry, like "What if this is it?" in terms of getting such unlikely Harry Potter side characters. We have been incredibly lucky with this revived theme and I could not be happier with the sets and figures - I'm going to collect this series religiously even with the current difficulties! But I really hope there's at least another couple of years of life left in the theme so that we get another wave after Deathly Hallows to fill in the gaps throughout the films and one more minifigure series to cram in all those missing side characters! The third Fantastic Beasts will probably be delayed to 2022 with everything that's been going on so maybe that might help prolong the theme if there's another tie-in :innocent:

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

I would love an Azkaban prisons set! And I think James and Lily can fit easily into a Mirror of Erised scene in the Great Hall set, or a (admittedly morbid) scene before Hagrid and Dumbledore deliver Harry to Privet Drive, etc. 

Honestly an Orthanc style Azkaban would be like an absolute dream set for me, but I personally don’t see it happening ?

We already have the Erised Potters (sticker from Great Hall), but I would absolutely love to get a Godric’s Hollow Potter Cottage set, but as you said, it would be very morbid unless it doesn’t come with Voldemort but then it would just be a house (I guess the Burrow and 4 Privet Drive are “just houses”) ??

@Roebuck hasn‘t commented on the CMF series yet, has he? Because there’s something specific missing from this series compared to the first one that he will surely express his opinion on :laugh_hard: It’s also the only thing that bothers me a bit about the series as a whole

12 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Honestly an Orthanc style Azkaban would be like an absolute dream set for me, but I personally don’t see it happening 

Yeah me neither. I’m pretty sure that’s just a “let the fans build it” kind of thing in LEGO’s mind. 

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Roebuck hasn‘t commented on the CMF series yet, has he?

He's 'Gone fishing!' Like he said he will have pages to trawl through when he does get back.?

Just now, Otherworld said:

Yeah me neither. I’m pretty sure that’s just a “let the fans build it” kind of thing in LEGO’s mind. 

Yeah, that wouldn’t surprise me, I mean it would be a very dark set, I mean the “prison guards” suck the souls out of those who are imprisoned, one prisoner made himself so emaciated he could slip through the bars and another one’s dying mother took his place using Polyjuice Potion and died in there ?

40 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

To me though, that's what the CMF is all about. They are "Collectible Minifigures" They should be minifigures that you aren't going to get anywhere else and are something special. If they are all just minifigures designed for sets, then what is special about them? They should have just come in a set! Personally I think there are too many that feel just like additional set pieces. That's what accessory packs are for.

Look at the Room of Requirements for example, it could of came with a bunch more minifigs such as Colin Creevy or any other member of the Dumbledore’s Army but it didn’t because LEGO needs to maintain a certain budget. The sets can’t just have infinite minifigs. Minifigs should be used to enhance the sets, especially when some of sets need some more. Like the Clocktower that has the Hospital Wing but no Pomfrey. The CMF would be perfect for her because it allows LEGO to spend a bit more than on standard minifig that comes in a set. I’m not saying don’t make characters that don’t belong in sets, but like @Darth Shadowthrone said, getting side minifigs that really don’t fit in is kinda worrying, when we are missing out on more characters that do fit sets. Do the characters that fit first, that way if the line abruptly ends you have your essentials, and if the line continues do a series that’s dedicated to those type of characters like Fat Friar or Lily or James or young Mauraders and jazz like that. It’s a matter of importance. 

47 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I hadn’t even thought about that until now, it’s true, because I doubt we’ll ever get an Azkaban set, unless it’s a small Sirius breakout set, I doubt it’d be a full scale set, unless it’s like the Tower of Orthanc (which personally I would love), she’s a pretty useless character except for display, but then so are James and Lily (who are 2 of my absolute faves of this series)

You could technically slip them in the Rise of Voldemort set, but you’re right I really wasn’t excited with those reveals either. Cool, but like I said it’s not really necessary especially when we don’t even have a Lockhart yet.

Edited by RODDY

16 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Look at the Room of Requirements for example, it could of came with a bunch more minifigs such as Colin Creevy or any other member of the Dumbledore’s Army but it didn’t because LEGO needs to maintain a certain budget. The sets can’t just have infinite minifigs. Minifigs should be used to enhance the sets, especially when some of sets need some more. Like the Clocktower that has the Hospital Wing but no Pomfrey. The CMF would be perfect for her because it allows LEGO to spend a bit more than on standard minifig that comes in a set. I’m not saying don’t make characters that don’t belong in sets, but like @Darth Shadowthrone said, getting side minifigs that really don’t fit in is kinda worrying, when we are missing out on more characters that do fit sets. Do the characters that fit first, that way if the line abruptly ends you have your essentials, and if the line continues do a series that’s dedicated to those type of characters like Fat Friar or Lily or James or young Mauraders and jazz like that. It’s a matter of importance. 

I guess my opinion is coming from someone who has collected CMF figures since series 3. CMF has always been exciting and unique figure that dont necessarily fit in anywhere and in general are collectible in their own series. To me, accessory packs are for filling in gaps. CMF are for exciting new figures that dont necessarily have a place to go and are just exciting in their own right. Not saying anyone is right or wrong. Just sharing how it has always appeared to me! ?

Also just to clarify when i said they should just be in a set I was meaning in time not all at once. ?

Edited by chris6507

This series looks pretty good to me. The level of detail is extremely high across all of the figures and there are a lot of new parts, many of which are quite generic. Can't complain about that!

Like others, I'm slightly concerned about some characters we're missing. The likes of Rita Skeeter and Madame Pomfrey aren't really going to fit in any set and are best suited to CMF anyway with their designs (and Rita's quill).

Personally I would've rather seen certainly Lily & James swapped for  characters that have more interaction with other characters, and Neville is a bit of a dud but I get why LEGO wants to include a set of Gryffindor robes in a series and the accessory is good.

Lockhart can be done justice in a set I think, so I'm not worried about him, yet.

I don't think anyone's commented on it yet, but Neville does actually have a second face. It's subtle, but he has a rather frightened look on the packet, and a more bored expression on the box group image.

I found someone with Hedwig 75979 in LA! Gonna grab it next week for $60. Paying $20 extra to build it before DA, seems fair enough 

In other news, I now have an avatar! Get ready to see a lot of Fantasia Mickey for the next month :wink:

Edited by Modal

Just a heads-up: the Insta seller can’t ship to the US because of COVID.  It’s obviously my country’s fault, not his, but it’s a bit of a downer anyway.  So, my fellow “Yanks,” don’t try to get the figures that way.  

21 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed, I really like these two figures, I’d rather they have goofy expression instead of the generic ones they got in 2011. They even had to share the same head back then!

Yup. While they’re a bit exaggerated, especially the one, they fit their characters’ personalities well. 

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But the minifigure as it is, only works to recreate a single scene out of 8 movies. And a scene where she is just like an extra

I’d say her role in that scene is a bit more important. It’s a big step in the progress of her & Harry’s relationship. It’s a big moment where we see him falling for her more, therefore making her essential for the party, in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

One feeling I did get after seeing figures like Lily and James in the series was a feeling of worry, like "What if this is it?" in terms of getting such unlikely Harry Potter side characters. We have been incredibly lucky with this revived theme and I could not be happier with the sets and figures - I'm going to collect this series religiously even with the current difficulties! But I really hope there's at least another couple of years of life left in the theme so that we get another wave after Deathly Hallows to fill in the gaps throughout the films and one more minifigure series to cram in all those missing side characters! The third Fantastic Beasts will probably be delayed to 2022 with everything that's been going on so maybe that might help prolong the theme if there's another tie-in :innocent:

LEGO has also made it pretty clear how they want only 16 figures per series now so maybe they can even tie it into one of the Fantastic Beasts movies. Let's say around 50/50, 8 Potter figures to fill in the final gaps and 8 Fantastic Beasts figures because we're missing a lot of characters (a proper non-Graves Grindelwald, Rosier, Kama, Skender, Leta, Theseus, Flanel, Nagini, all CoG variants etc.)

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO has also made it pretty clear how they want only 16 figures per series now so maybe they can even tie it into one of the Fantastic Beasts movies. Let's say around 50/50, 8 Potter figures to fill in the final gaps and 8 Fantastic Beasts figures because we're missing a lot of characters (a proper non-Graves Grindelwald, Rosier, Kama, Skender, Leta, Theseus, Flanel, Nagini, all CoG variants etc.)

What do you mean by non-Graves Grindelwald? Wasn't he in the Crimes of Grindelwald carriage set?

You've made me realise just how little I actually pay attention to Fantastic Beasts, because I only recognise 3 of those names. Rofl.

5 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

What do you mean by non-Graves Grindelwald? Wasn't he in the Crimes of Grindelwald carriage set?

You've made me realise just how little I actually pay attention to Fantastic Beasts, because I only recognise 3 of those names. Rofl.

He was but Carriage Grindelwald is one of the least accurate figurs in the entire theme so I'd like to see a better one. He's missing his moustache, his expressions are weird and his hair is completely wrong :tongue:

Now that I've calmed down over the full CMF leak, I'm dreading the wait until I can buy them. This is like the final few km of a marathon. Tired gasping, just the worst part.

15 minutes ago, summicron said:

Now that I've calmed down over the full CMF leak, I'm dreading the wait until I can buy them. This is like the final few km of a marathon. Tired gasping, just the worst part.

I completely agree. I keep asking myself why couldn't the CMF be released early like it did in Bulgaria somewhere local to me. Its such a rare find to get sets early. Im always in shock when MandRproductions/Just2Good find sets easily and early. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

He was but Carriage Grindelwald is one of the least accurate figurs in the entire theme so I'd like to see a better one. He's missing his moustache, his expressions are weird and his hair is completely wrong :tongue:

Yeah another CMF Grindlewald figure would be amazing as then then they can give him an accurate hairpiece, which I would argue is the most important thing missing! The Carriage Grindlewald is an annoying figure in terms of accuracy, though I was thinking of using him to customise a figure of Grindlewald in Deathly Hallows when he didn't have facial hair. 

Also in terms of the fandom one figure that really needs an official figure is Fantastic Beasts Dumbledore! I've seen so many customised versions online that it really sticks out as a figure that would be very popular. 

53 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also in terms of the fandom one figure that really needs an official figure is Fantastic Beasts Dumbledore! I've seen so many customised versions online that it really sticks out as a figure that would be very popular. 

Yeah, I made a custom YAD that I absolutely love and it makes me so hyped for an official figure because if I can make one that I love then I’m sure that Lego’s will blow me away, that and my custom OotP Sirius are my 2 favourite customs

Ohhhh hang on a minute .... have we seen shots of the back of the minifigs? We've got detailed front shots of a few minifigs and their accessories ..... but I don't recall any of them showing back shots. I'm wondering about back printing. The first CMF skimped out on back printing for many minifigs.

36 minutes ago, summicron said:

Ohhhh hang on a minute .... have we seen shots of the back of the minifigs? We've got detailed front shots of a few minifigs and their accessories ..... but I don't recall any of them showing back shots. I'm wondering about back printing. The first CMF skimped out on back printing for many minifigs.

Nope, we'll probably have to wait for the actual release for that

So is there still a chance for a VIP early release of Diagon Alley if it gets revealed this week?  Or is that out the window now?