Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I will definitely be trying to pick up a set of 16 so if anyone sees a pre order in the next couple of days send me a message :grin: 

11 minutes ago, Thieda said:

I will definitely be trying to pick up a set of 16 so if anyone sees a pre order in the next couple of days send me a message :grin: 

@lucky_lego_store is selling them right now with priority shipping from Romania

43 minutes ago, Mariella said:

To me the print on the blanket looks like an H for Harry.

Now that we have a clearer picture - I think you might be right. There is definitely something tan printed on his blanket though. Whether it’s a letter or an H I am not ? sure.

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

@lucky_lego_store is selling them right now with priority shipping from Romania

Now that we have a clearer picture - I think you might be right. There is definitely something tan printed on his blanket though. Whether it’s a letter or an H I am not ? sure.

I don't see them on the website?

Just now, sebastian666 said:

You have to send a direct message to them on Instagram

Okay thanks!

Just now, LEGOMotionStudios said:

For people in the U.S., do you think we finally have a concrete release date with Target’s August 15th shipping dates?

Is say it’s at least a good indication of when target will sell them. Barnes and Noble has a September date for Hedwig so maybe Target gets them first? I already preordered The Burrow from Target

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Is say it’s at least a good indication of when target will sell them. Barnes and Noble has a September date for Hedwig so maybe Target gets them first? I already preordered The Burrow from Target

Oh I’m more focused on the Lego store’s release date. Since Target has an August 15th release date, I’m wondering if that’s the same for LEGO shops. I’ve had them all in my lego wish list for a while and can’t wait to click add to bag.

9 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Oh I’m more focused on the Lego store’s release date. Since Target has an August 15th release date, I’m wondering if that’s the same for LEGO shops. I’ve had them all in my lego wish list for a while and can’t wait to click add to bag.

Someone on here (can’t remember who) said they were told by a lego store employee that the official date is September 1st (if I recall correctly) but that if they get stock before that, they are allowed to sell them right away.

16 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

My local Lego store told me the release date is now September 1st when I called them yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

meta_bricks on Instagram made a great moc for Hagrid's motorbike. I hope he makes a tutorial someday.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out! 

So LEGO is just not going to aknowledge that their entire CMF has basically leaked in pretty much HD pictures before their official release?
Don't know much about leaking history accross other themes, is this a somewhat regular occurance or ?

9 minutes ago, Geertos13 said:

So LEGO is just not going to aknowledge that their entire CMF has basically leaked in pretty much HD pictures before their official release?
Don't know much about leaking history accross other themes, is this a somewhat regular occurance or ?

Pretty normal standard practice for Lego. ?

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

It actually not certain that Luna comes with that hairpiece. Between the fact that it’s not actually shown on the checklist sheet and the fact that it’s the hairpiece used for Luna back in 2010 as opposed to the current sets, there’s a good chance the person who took those pictures just already had that hairpiece and put it on the cmf figure to show how it looked without the lion headdress. 

The user who uploaded the image said it indeed comes with the hairpiece. Weird how they went “back” to that style but they probably wanted to give some variety and not make it repetitive with the long wavy piece? (Maybe the Elizabeth Swann piece would’ve been better?)

Seeing the excitement for the Lego NES release has me pumped for our big reveal! They really knocked the NES out of the park, just look at the hidden Easter egg they put in there! Diagon Alley is going to be so sick

28 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

The user who uploaded the image said it indeed comes with the hairpiece. Weird how they went “back” to that style but they probably wanted to give some variety and not make it repetitive with the long wavy piece? (Maybe the Elizabeth Swann piece would’ve been better?)

Looking back through Luna's hairstyles the 'old' hairpiece is actually quite accurate to how she wore her hair in some scenes, though the Elizabeth Swann piece would also work especially well for Half-Blood Prince. It's a shame it looks like Lego is selling off their Build a Minifigure stock as that might have been a good place to get the Elizabeth Swann hair in yellow. 

1 hour ago, Geertos13 said:

Lol and it’s not just leaks, but actually being sold in stores already haha what...

2 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

If I recall correctly, the exact same thing happened with CMF S11. That time, it as found at a store in Poland weeks before the reveal. 

19 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Lol and it’s not just leaks, but actually being sold in stores already haha what...

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Pretty normal standard practice for Lego. ?

Madness :laugh::laugh:
I always wonder in those kind of situations if at LEGO Headquarters all hell breaks lose and the community managers lose their minds :grin:

1 minute ago, Geertos13 said:

Madness :laugh::laugh:
I always wonder in those kind of situations if at LEGO Headquarters all hell breaks lose and the community managers lose their minds :grin:

I have a theory that LEGO purposely leaks stuff to build up hype:laugh:

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

If I recall correctly, the exact same thing happened with CMF S11. That time, it as found at a store in Poland weeks before the reveal. 

Do you recall how they handled it? Or they just let it pass?

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Aaaaaaaaaaand that makes sense too hahaha Leaked publicity is free publicity in a way :grin:

2 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

That makes no sense in general and even less so in this situation :wink: So you're telling me they either pretend to send cease and desist letters to leakers as a cover-up and/or their legal team is in on the scheme? Along with the leakers? And all that just to hype a couple of AFOLs in an online forum? Come on :head_back:

And in this case that would mean they've sent a shipment of boxes to a Romanian store on purpose, with a note on the box saying: "please post grainy pictures of this on IG, some people on EB would really appreciate it" 

Does anyone else find it kinda odd how they went out of their way to make a new hair mold for Slug Club Ginny? Even the twins get more screen time and dialogue in those beanies. Perhaps they could use it on a future CoS Ginny? (She has wavy hair in that scene as well)

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That makes no sense in general and even less so in this situation :wink: So you're telling me they either pretend to send cease and desist letters to leakers as a cover-up and/or their legal team is in on the scheme? Along with the leakers? And all that just to hype a couple of AFOLs in an online forum? Come on :head_back:

And in this case that would mean they've sent a shipment of boxes to a Romanian store on purpose, with a note on the box saying: "please post grainy pictures of this on IG, some people on EB would really appreciate it" 

I think if this was the case, it would be more like “let’s send one box of these to one random store and let it get online”. It wouldn't have to be as complicated as you’re saying, all they oils have to do is send the box, and the rest would work itself out. Not that I think this is what they do

16 minutes ago, Geertos13 said:

Do you recall how they handled it? Or they just let it pass?

Aaaaaaaaaaand that makes sense too hahaha Leaked publicity is free publicity in a way :grin:

Yes the leaflet was posted after being found at Poland in July 19

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2013/07/19/lego-collectible-minifigures-series-11-characters-revealed-news/

But TLG revealed the CMF on August 2

-------

There is no way the CMF reveal won't happen this Monday