Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm still committing the cardinal sin of optimism and hoping for a Diagon Alley leak and/or reveal early next week.  :blush: :grin:

Master Yoda: 'I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience' ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

Do you think the Weasley twins will come with normal hair minus the beanie as Luna does with her lion mane thing 

I personally really like the twins' figures in this series, they're fantastic. If you don't like them or their faces just don't buy them or slap another face on it :shrug_oh_well:

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

It’s not just a lego thing, Ginny’s underrepresented in merchandise no matter what brand you look at. I think the sad fact of the matter is that all these companies have done their market research and concluded that she’s just not as popular among fans as Luna or Hermione, so she’s more likely to get lost in the shuffle when a product has limited character spots. :def_shrug:

Which probably has something to do with her portrayal in the movies. Most fans have only seen the movies and literally every single person I know who loves Ginny loves her because of the books actually do her justice. 

7 hours ago, phoenix416 said:

I hope this means WWW is not included in DA - then it will definitely be released next year along with rest HBP sets, and DA's $400 budget can be distributed onto some other shops.

HBP was this year, 2021 will be for Deathly Hallows. If WWW isn't in the Diagon Alley set we will have to wait a while for it to be made as a seperate set, if it gets made at all :sad:

3 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Other than them, the only real standouts IMO are Dumbledore and Kingsley (who looks awesome and I want to get a bunch of him to army build Ministry workers wearing that exact outfit).

I'd just like to point out that it's a personal outfit and has absolutely nothing to do with the Ministry, but you do you :tongue:

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Personally I think it would be very limiting for the designers to only take elements of Diagon Alley which are only seen in 1/2 films when the alley appears in five! Personally I expect the set to be mostly focused on stuff from Philosopher's Stone - Prisoner of Azkaban with a lot of book references, and then the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes to be the only inclusion from the later films. 

I very much agree with this!

1 hour ago, Taure said:

I think that covers it?

You missed Frank and Alice Longbottom who wouldn't be suitable for sets, like James and Lily, they would be perfect for another CMF

although now that I think about it, James and Lily could definitely have come in a Godric’s Hollow Potter House set

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

I remember when the first leaked list for CMF series 1 was announced, Lily and James were on that list and people thought it was ridiculous. Well, look at us now. 

Really hoping for a third series to get more figures like the Dumbledores, Sprout and Trelawney. 

Just now, Seaber said:

Really hoping for a third series to get more figures like the Dumbledores, Sprout and Trelawney. 

Do you mean Pomfrey? We already have both Sprout and Trelawney ??

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Do you mean Pomfrey? We already have both Sprout and Trelawney ??

I meant we get figures of the same quality as the two Dumbledores, Sprout and Pomfrey :classic:

Just now, Seaber said:

I meant we get figures of the same quality as the two Dumbledores, Sprout and Pomfrey :classic:

Agreed with Pomfrey, but again, we already have Sprout, she’s in CMF 2, and she’s very detailed

4 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I remember when the first leaked list for CMF series 1 was announced, Lily and James were on that list and people thought it was ridiculous.

I may be misremembering things, but I don’t think it was the inclusion of James and Lilly that was thought to be ludricous, it was the rumoured series as a whole with its laser-focus on PS and the amount of background characters included :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I may be misremembering things, but I don’t think it was the inclusion of James and Lilly that was thought to be ludricous, it was the rumoured series as a whole with its laser-focus on PS and the amount of background characters included :laugh:

Yes, that's the one, with the House Ghosts too!

This was the list

Harry 

Ron 

hermine 

lily potter 

james potter 

fred Wesley 

george Wesley 

the three deserlys 

roland stunt 

bloody baron 

sir Nicholas

thick monk

myrtle

sirus black

2 more unknown ones 

Only the thick monk to go :D

Edited by Seaber

30 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Do you think the Weasley twins will come with normal hair minus the beanie as Luna does with her lion mane thing 

It actually not certain that Luna comes with that hairpiece. Between the fact that it’s not actually shown on the checklist sheet and the fact that it’s the hairpiece used for Luna back in 2010 as opposed to the current sets, there’s a good chance the person who took those pictures just already had that hairpiece and put it on the cmf figure to show how it looked without the lion headdress. 

15 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don’t forget how half the names were bizarrely misspelled :laugh_hard:

20 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Yes, that's the one, with the House Ghosts too!

This was the list

Harry 

Ron 

hermine 

lily potter 

james potter 

fred Wesley 

george Wesley 

the three deserlys 

roland stunt 

bloody baron 

sir Nicholas

thick monk

myrtle

sirus black

2 more unknown ones 

Only the thick monk to go :D

Uh who is thick monk? And Roland Stunt? I hope no one believed this list...

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Rolanda Hooch and the Fat Friar :wink:

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

i did haha, I remember talking about it to one of my brothers back in 2018 being very excited for all the House Ghosts. Also it's really funny how many of those figures we got this year with Privet Drive and Myrtle, the twins and Harry's parents in the CMF. 

I think it's unlikely we'll see any more Ghosts from the HP series on sets or cmfs as the only other ghost who gets a speaking line is Helena Ravenclaw and I don't know if Lego would really bother with her.

As for the Bloody Baron and the Fat Friar, they basically get a 5 second cameo in PS and the Bloody Baron didn't really live up to his sinister nature then.

And I think it'd be extremely unlikely to get the sort of ghosts Harry sees when he uses the resurrection stone as that's a bit dark for Lego.

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think it's unlikely we'll see any more Ghosts from the HP series on sets or cmfs as the only other ghost who gets a speaking line is Helena Ravenclaw and I don't know if Lego would really bother with her.

As for the Bloody Baron and the Fat Friar, they basically get a 5 second cameo in PS and the Bloody Baron didn't really live up to his sinister nature then.

I don’t think that’s the case at all, Lego seems to be going all out with the Harry Potter sets, if it runs for another couple of years and we get 1 or 2 more CMFs I could easily see us getting all the house ghosts, Helena is a vital part of DH pt 2 so she’ll definitely get a figure, the Baron and Friar are as important as Nick to their houses so they’re just as likely as NHN ever was

1 minute ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

And I think it'd be extremely unlikely to get the sort of ghosts Harry sees when he uses the resurrection stone as that's a bit dark for Lego.

I don’t agree that they’re too dark to do, I do however think they’re unlikely due to the fact they would be a wasted space in a CMF and there isn’t really a set I could think of that would include them

1 minute ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Nick doesn't have a particularly large role so I don't see why the Fat Friar and Bloody Baron wouldn't get made eventually. You know Lilly's figure is based on the resurrection right?

Does anyone else really want a Lee Jordan minifigure? He was always a favourite of mine in the books.

It kind of feels like he was merged with Dean Thomas in Series 1, but then again he could be a perfect CMF candidate with a new hairpiece.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

You know Lilly's figure is based on the resurrection right?

She was wearing the same outfit in the flashbacks in DH (hence why that’s how Harry saw her) so I don’t think it’s based on the resurrection at all ☺️

I really want this theme to go on for as long as it’s good (which I estimate to be five years total at least), but I’m not a fan of Collectible Minifigures, and I hope HP gets one series more (at most) I will still buy them, obviously, because they are amazing, but the blind-buy pouches just feel like a decidedly un-LEGO philosophy to me.  It always has, since Series 1 of unlicensed minifigs.  

Also, I’m really glad WWW is (allegedly) not included.  More pitchforks for me, I’m sure, and I’d love to see it as a stand-alone set in a year or two, but my dream set was a “Dickensian” Diagon Alley based on years 1 and 2, and it looks like I might get my wish.  ?

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

She was wearing the same outfit in the flashbacks in DH (hence why that’s how Harry saw her) so I don’t think it’s based on the resurrection at all ☺️

Yeah. When I said about the Resurrection stone versions, I meant all grey and ghostly.

And maybe I'd be more approving of Helena and the Bloody Baron if they actually kept in their proper plot line from the book.

Also the Bloody Baron is described as being covered in silver coloured blood and wrapped in chains. Idk if Lego would really want to make that.

4 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

And maybe I'd be more approving of Helena and the Bloody Baron if they actually kept in their proper plot line from the book.

I think they’d be less likely to be done if they’d kept the plot line from the books, I mean that is one dark plot line ?

4 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Also the Bloody Baron is described as being covered in silver coloured blood and wrapped in chains. Idk if Lego would really want to make that.

I definitely think Lego could pull it off, like you said, it’s silver coloured blood, if it’s silver then kids more than likely wouldn’t think of it as blood, but they could also just not include a print for the blood, he would look iconic enough with printed chains and a new hair piece

The Grey Lady, Bloody Baron and Fat Friar could all be done with existing pieces, so therefore could appear quite easily, however I don't know if a Friar minifigure would be something Lego would do. They're about as prominent as the Trolley Witch, but with a less obvious set to appear in. 

They're quite easy to Moc though. 

30 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

[...] but the blind-buy pouches just feel like a decidedly un-LEGO philosophy to me.  It always has, since Series 1 of unlicensed minifigs.  

At least the CMF series are usually quite easy to complete by buying a whole box :wink: Compare that to most blind bags collectables, which you’re not being guaranteed a whole set of even when buying multiple boxes. The CMF blind bags are a bit of an evil practice, but not as demonic as most competitors in the collectable market (ask people who collect trading cards :laugh:)

43 minutes ago, OutlandishCandle said:

Does anyone else really want a Lee Jordan minifigure? He was always a favourite of mine in the books.

It kind of feels like he was merged with Dean Thomas in Series 1, but then again he could be a perfect CMF candidate with a new hairpiece.

Me! His constant back and forth with McGonagall is hilarious. He'd def be a welcome addition to the theme.