Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

27 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

One really good thing I've noticed in the CMF series is how many figures have double sided faces:

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Moaning Myrtle, Professor Sprout, Bellatrix all definitely have double sided faces from what I can tell.

And by the looks of it, I think James Potter, Kingsley, Luna and maybe you could count Fred and George all having double sided faces too.

So that would be a total of 11 out of 16 characters with double sided faces.

Also anyone else love how we get an undamaged version of Tom Riddle's diary, with a 1x2 saying My name is Harry Potter, and underneath Hello... 

Kingsley won’t have a double sided face, because his hat doesn’t cover the back of his head. But the leaked pics of the actual Dumbledore show that he definitely has an alternate face. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lily had a double sided head as well. 

And the written in diary is just amazing. I definitely considered the diary a likely accessory for Myrtle, and I did think the little conversation between Harry and Tom would be fun to get inside, but I never thought they’d actually give us another printed piece, especially with that level of detail :wub: the designers really love this theme and it shows. 

Wow, people here really weren't kidding about Zavvi's shipping speed to the US. I ordered the AT on Wednesday and it arrived today *oh2*

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Wow, people here really weren't kidding about Zavvi's shipping speed to the US. I ordered the AT on Wednesday and it arrived today *oh2*

Zavvi is the best! They made my quarantine so much more bearable. I’m only ever ordering from them if the US gets delayed releases again.

8 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Kingsley won’t have a double sided face, because his hat doesn’t cover the back of his head. But the leaked pics of the actual Dumbledore show that he definitely has an alternate face. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lily had a double sided head as well. 

And the written in diary is just amazing. I definitely considered the diary a likely accessory for Myrtle, and I did think the little conversation between Harry and Tom would be fun to get inside, but I never thought they’d actually give us another printed piece, especially with that level of detail :wub: the designers really love this theme and it shows. 

Good point about Kingsley, I thought I saw a slight smile in one picture and a serious face in another must've been just a grainy picture. That's good to know about Dumbledore.

Myrtle is definitely in my top 3 to get (Kingsley and Dumbledore are the other two). Love the blue hair piece and the inclusion of the new transparent piece to give the illusion of floating.

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Fred and George are necessary inclusions for this cmf 

Does that mean they're not in DA?

Hmmmmm, necessary as in, being younger variants of those characters to complement the older WWW variants coming in DA? I really hope this is the case, as opposed to them not showing up in DA at all

I really expected a Murtle figure to be made of the same semi-transparent material that they made all the patronus' out of... Still a great figure though, well overdue.

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

This scares me ?

Hi everyone, Ive been following this forum for a while, first time contributing. I had been anticipating this CMF series for a very long time. When I saw the leaked packaging I was very excited to get those figures, but after seeing the entire lot I did feel some initial disappointment. James and Lily were a great surprise and are welcomed! I find Ron and Hermione's appearance to be quite boring, although the butter beer mugs look great! I just wished that they came with more individual looks, instead of matching simple street clothing like harry. I also agree with others about Fred and George. They look weird, and should only take up one spot, since they are identical. It is great to see them though after so long. Ginny looks slightly odd but still a great variant. 

Im looking forward to the DA reveal and see what figures are included to make sense of the CMF. 

Correct me if Im wrong but I remember there being a rumor about there being at least two figures from each house in the CMF. Its sad that didn't come true since 10/16 are Gryffindor. 2 (Bellatrix and myrtle) are Slytherin. Luna is the only Ravenclaw and Sprout is the only Hufflepuff. I would've loved to see more representation from other houses.  Even though there is a minifigure accessory pack, I feel like it doesn't do justice. 

Edited by Sheesh417

I agree. I think people have a knee jerk reaction to ‘twin in the cmf’ and overlook the fact that these two have two sets of entirely unique prints (including on the hats it appears). After having the only version of the twins be a single minifigure with a double sided head for so long (despite the costume designers including subtle differences in most of their outfits), having the Weasley twins not just with different prints but also Hogwarts aged and in casual clothes was practically unthinkable. If you asked me I would have said our odds of getting the twins outside of WWW was pretty slim unless Lego decided to reuse their heads from that and slap them on some uniform torsos to make up part of some sort of a ‘Dumbledore’s Army expansion accessory pack’ or something. And who knows, with Lego reusing CMF prints, this might be their way of making sure the twins each have their own head in WWW (whether that turns out to be in the upcoming D2C or a stand-alone set later on). 

24 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I take this as a confirmation: our prediction that Weasley Wizarding Wheezes will NOT be included in the D2C Diagon Alley was correct. 

Unpopular opinion, but I never wanted WWW to be in this set, nor did I think it would make sense. I’d much rather have a more detailed and accurate Diagon Alley from years 1-3 than one that tries to squeeze in all the fan favorites. Give me the Leaky Cauldron over WWW any day!

I do still think we will get WWW as a stand-alone set, though.

Edited by sebastian666

22 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I hope this means WWW is not included in DA - then it will definitely be released next year along with rest HBP sets, and DA's $400 budget can be distributed onto some other shops.

Also I hope B&B will not be in DA as well so that next year we can see it standalone with the Knockturn Alley sign.

Wonderful series, I think it's better than the first one. It feels less generic due to having many scene specific outfits, which I prefer in CMF. Great selection of accessories, Fawkes and sword of Gryffindoor being obvious standouts, but others are desireable as well. Small bummer that Kingley has just a broomstick, but I'm aware his character hasn't really any specific item associated with him and there's no point giving him him something he has nothing to do with. Another small drawback is Hermione and Ron having the same accessory, although it kinda seems like the color of "liquid" inside their cups is different for each; we need better pictures to confirm or (most likely) deny that. Also I'm not a fan of that wrapped baby mold, looks too much like a cocoon, definitely would've preferred baby figure.

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I agree. I think people have a knee jerk reaction to ‘twin in the cmf’ and overlook the fact that these two have two sets of entirely unique prints (including on the hats it appears). After having the only version of the twins be a single minifigure with a double sided head for so long (despite the costume designers including subtle differences in most of their outfits), having the Weasley twins not just with different prints but also Hogwarts aged and in casual clothes was practically unthinkable. If you asked me I would have said our odds of getting the twins outside of WWW was pretty slim unless Lego decided to reuse their heads from that and slap them on some uniform torsos to make up part of some sort of a ‘Dumbledore’s Army expansion accessory pack’ or something. And who knows, with Lego reusing CMF prints, this might be their way of making sure the twins each have their own head in WWW (whether that turns out to be in the upcoming D2C or a stand-alone set later on). 

Personally, I have no problem with the fact that the twins are included. My problem is with their design and execution. Their faces are cartoonish and horrible and they look like they’re wearing creepy trench coats. I absolutely love all of the other minifigs in this series though.

40 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The only way this could be explained as "necessary" is because they are introducing a new mold

Hermione and Harry in Godric's Hollow | Harry potter, Harry y ...

21 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

Correct me if Im wrong but I remember there being a rumor about there being at least two figures from each house in the CMF. Its sad that didn't come true since 10/16 are Gryffindor. 2 (Bellatrix and myrtle) are Slytherin. Luna is the only Ravenclaw and Sprout is the only Hufflepuff. I would've loved to see more representation from other houses.  Even though there is a minifigure accessory pack, I feel like it doesn't do justice. 

Myrtle is a muggleborn and a Ravenclaw. And the 2per house rumor was started by the disgraced fake-leaker-who-shall-not-be-named. I wasn’t a horrible guess, since there were at least 2 characters from each house in series 1. However, that logic was thrown out the same window as the theory that Disney series 2 would be evenly divided between mascots, classic movies, modern movies, and Pixar like its series 1 was. 

16 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Personally, I have no problem with the fact that the twins are included. My problem is with their design and execution. Their faces are cartoonish and horrible and they look like they’re wearing creepy trench coats. I absolutely love all of the other minifigs in this series though.

I’ll admit I’m a bit apprehensive about the actual graphic design on those two, but even the ‘good’ pictures I’m seeing are still on the blurry side, so I’m reserving final judgment for when some actual high res pics show up, because I have no ide how accurately my brain is filling in the details at this point. 

The more I look at the twins, the more I hate them. They look like dopey 4 year olds who can't put their beanie on properly and have pulled them half way down their face. For two of the coolest characters in the movies, they have absolutely ruined them! I was hoping the faces would be decent so I could make quidditch versions of them. But the faces are the worst part!

Slightly off-topic, but to get you all in the mood for HP, perhaps when building DA come september, I recommend you try out the music from the old HP video games! John Williams isn’t the only one to create amazingly immersive music :classic: people sleep on these tunes!

Edited by Modal

Hey everyone, I know this has been brought up in the past, but what sites are selling the new HP sets? I know about Zavvi, but they dont have some of the sets I'm looking for

For those who have bought (or looked into buying) and complete set of a CMF series on eBay, how much are they usually marked up. Trying to weigh the cost benefits of just buying a full set outright at a markup vs putting in a larger initial investment in time and money but eventually having the net cost not be over retail by buying a full box and selling the extras through eBay myself. 

12 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Personally I think we got spoiled by the bag image because I think it showcases the best figures and I am pretty annoyed that there is no Rita / Pomfrey as the only way I can see us getting them now is in a series 3 if it happens. The thought that we may never get figures of such characters now makes me a little nervous. On the other hand, I know some would say that getting minifigures such as Lily and James is something we never could have hoped for in the past. It seems like Lego is using the CMF to give us figures that cover some of the darker material that wouldn't fit into sets well. Still, a nice bright acid green Rita Skita would have made my day!

They could always shoehorn either character in a Hogwarts section in the future. They do like doing that. 

11 hours ago, klinton said:

Hahaha. I think I'm most excited for James and Lily, tbh. James in particular (we'll now finally have all four Marauders!).

That was my first thought as well. Definitely excited to see him(and her), especially since we got two versions of the map this year. 

I wasn’t overly thrilled at first, then I took a better look at each minifigure individually. I’m more happy with them now. The prints are all great & accessories are fun. I can’t wait for the better pictures. 

I guess I'm in the minority who really likes the twins' design? I think they're very good figures. I'd start by saying a lot of CMF series have characters that come in pairs or sets, like in Disney, or the Harry/Ron/Hermione combos, so I much prefer this to having just one CMF playing both roles. Personally I really like the design, I'm not always on the dual molded hype train, but in this case I think the dual molded legs work really well, the unique prints that go together but are still distinct is nice, even on their hats. They look good imo

39 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I take this as a confirmation: our prediction that Weasley Wizarding Wheezes will NOT be included in the D2C Diagon Alley was correct. 

Unpopular opinion, but I never wanted WWW to be in this set, nor did I think it would make sense. I’d much rather have a more detailed and accurate Diagon Alley from years 1-3 than one that tries to squeeze in all the fan favorites. Give me the Leaky Cauldron over WWW any day!

I do still think we will get WWW as a stand-alone set, though.

Yeah, I agree... I'd rather have an original, years 1-3 Diagon Alley than WWW... speaking of which, I know people were bummed about not getting a Lockhart in this wave. Lockhart, of course, first appears in Diagon Alley. So maybe that's a possibility?? Not to get hopes up, but maybe the twins were included in the CMF and Lockhart in DA, reversing our expectations.