Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

So people in this thread are trying to get full sets off the guy on Instagram now? Why does this not surprise me? :laugh_hard:

Just now, Otherworld said:

I think it’s a good fix, my only complaint is that they don’t print on tiles yet (Is it impossible after that printed cheese slope?) so the printing looks cut off.

The Unikitty ''CMF'' series says otherwise

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

So people in this thread are trying to get full sets off the guy on Instagram now? Why does this not surprise me? :laugh_hard:

I'm going to get a full set somewhere, at some point.  You're right, it's kind of shameful to just bombard the poor guy.  :blush:

I don’t buy full CMFs often so how much would you expect a complete set of these to cost?

Just now, Thieda said:

I don’t buy full CMFs often so how much would you expect a complete set of these to cost?

Judging from past series here in the Netherlands I'd say anywhere between 65 and 80 euro

Just now, Otherworld said:

I think it’s a good fix, my only complaint is that they don’t print on tiles yet (Is it impossible after that printed cheese slope?) so the printing looks cut off.

They also frequently print on the ‘hip’ pieces of minifigure legs, which definitely aren’t thicker than a tile/plate edge

O.O... I was... completely unaware of that. Okay LEGO you’ve got some ‘splainin to do :laugh:

The CMFs look good. I'm especially impressed at how they continue to add stuff that makes the obligatory inclusions more appealing. Never thought I'd go out of my way to acquire yet another Hermione or Ron but I just might pick one of the two up for a butterbeer. They do seem to be leaning hard into rereleasing characters already in sets (Main three, Luna, Ginny, Neville, Dumbledore) and while the figures look great, it would've been nice for them to find a place for a Ginny in another set under $100 instead of taking up a place in the CMF. Also picking Slughorn's party Ginny instead of a Hogwarts robes Ginny is not a choice I'm a fan of, but that's just nitpicking.

Just now, Crookshanks said:

Pomfrey and Lockhart with a Pixie, I wanted more new creaturs mold.. It was better in the first HP cmf with loads of animal molds.

But overall I like this cmf.

Yeah definitely Pomfrey and Lockhard. I honestly can't wrap my head around how they haven't come out with a Pomfrey yet after making the Hospital Wing in Clock Tower. They could've added her to that set or released her this CMF, doesn't make sense to me.

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I like that Sprout has the skirt piece although not to happy about the resulting height, but it was the best choice IMO. Would any of you have rioted if they used the 1x2 brick and tile instead? Just wondering.

idk her hat is so big, I'd be worried she would topple over easily with a 1x2

Just now, DarkLordSauron said:

Hermione or Ron but I just might pick one of the two up for a butterbeer.

Yeah, for two character variations that would have run the risk of being completely lackluster otherwise, they really went as extravagant as they could with Ron and Hermione. Plus, those outfits will fit in City/contemporary MOCs easily, and the Butterbeer mugs... the Butterbeer mugs take advantage of having a fictional nonalcoholic drink that looks a lot like beer to make a piece that lego’s policies would otherwise never allow. There will be a ton of AFOLs clambering to get ahold of those things. And a clear glass with colored ‘liquid’ in it for drinking is a new thing in general isn’t it? (I know there’s been a Erlenmeyer flask in a couple of different colors before, but that’s not exactly a proper drinking vessel). 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

the Butterbeer mugs take advantage of having a fictional nonalcoholic drink

Butterbeer is alcoholic, it is low, but still alcoholic, Hermione gets drunk on it in the HBP movie and Winky gets drunk on it in one of the books ☺️

Just now, Accio Lego said:

and the Butterbeer mugs... the Butterbeer mugs take advantage of having a fictional nonalcoholic drink that looks a lot like beer to make a piece that lego’s policies would otherwise never allow. 

The park versions of Butterbeer are nonalcoholic, the in-universe version however isn't. Quite a few people get drunk on it in the books

The Hagrid and buckbeak brickheadz set has been revealed. Both  are well done and it's cool how they did Hagrid's hair.

The park versions of Butterbeer are nonalcoholic, the in-universe version however isn't. Quite a few people get drunk on it in the books

???? This, butterbeer irl is just a sickly sweet drink (that is god awful imo) but in the books/films it’s definitely alcoholic, but I doubt if Lego really pays that much attention, if they do then I guess The Leaky Cauldron isn’t a ridiculous thought

Just now, Icebrick said:

The Hagrid and buckbeak brickheadz set has been revealed. Both  are well done and it's cool how they did Hagrid's hair.

Already mentioned (with pictures) just 1 page back

I just realised, looking at the figures, Harry does have Lily's eyes *oh2*:tongue:. kinda sad Bellatrix doesn't have a second face print though. Dumbledore looks great though.

Also I guess there's no reason at all now to assume that the leaky cauldron can't appear in the d2c. We've already had the butter beer so they might as well throw in the buildings.

The Hagrid brickheadz is kinda meh, no new prints and I feel like I've seen better custom ones. Oh well.

Also, for everyone in the Netherlands and Germany. The astronomy tower is heavily discounted on Amazon. Don't think it get much cheaper than this so for everyone waiting for the right moment, I think now might be the right time.

2 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

kinda sad Bellatrix doesn't have a second face print though. 

She does, the evil grin on the packaging and more stern one on the leaflet

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think Winky is the only one who gets drunk on it in the books. All the other scenes with drunk characters either don’t specify the drink or stated it to be something else. It’s regularly served to minors who are explicitly not allowed to consume drinks that are shown to actually get adult wizards drunk (Slughorn seems to have a laissez-faire attitude towards serving Harry alcohol in HBP despite him being a few month underage), like mulled mead or firewhisky. In any case, since the (extremely mildly) alcoholic version is totally fictional and the real version is nonalcoholic, it fits into lego’s guidelines of not depicting real life alcohol consumption. 

Why is this series so amazing :wub:

All the minifigures are fantastic. I have a nice retailer near me that checks the content or the bags (without opening them), so I will get the minifigures that I need from there. I will skip Luna, Kingsley, Moaning Myrtle and Pomona Sprout, and MAYBE Griphook (I really want that Gryffindor Sword tho).

I love how detailed those minfigures are - literally all of them (except for Griphook) have leg pritning and there are around 13 new moulds.

Just like Disney Series 2, I find Lego's choice of HP figures to be lackluster.  Of course, there are some nice ones, but it does little to fill in the important gaps.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm going to get a full set somewhere, at some point.  You're right, it's kind of shameful to just bombard the poor guy.  :blush:

It’s not shameful! He owns a shop! Haha

53 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You can actually get alcoholic Butterbeer at the Hog’s Head and the Three Broomsticks in Universal Studios. It’s lovely. All the other shops and stands sells nonalcoholic Butterbeer though.

37 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I think Winky is the only one who gets drunk on it in the books. All the other scenes with drunk characters either don’t specify the drink or stated it to be something else. It’s regularly served to minors who are explicitly not allowed to consume drinks that are shown to actually get adult wizards drunk (Slughorn seems to have a laissez-faire attitude towards serving Harry alcohol in HBP despite him being a few month underage), like mulled mead or firewhisky. In any case, since the (extremely mildly) alcoholic version is totally fictional and the real version is nonalcoholic, it fits into lego’s guidelines of not depicting real life alcohol consumption. 

Hermione gets visibly drunk on Butterbeer in the Half Blood Prince movie. So much so that she has to lean on Harry and Ron as they leave the Hog’s Head. Which is why it’s a bit surprising that her minifig is included with an intoxicant. LEGO is really leaning into this whole 18+ thing! I love it. And I think you’re right that it’s supposed to be mildly “alcoholic” - but maybe the Wizarding world has no such thing as “alcohol” in the traditional sense and drinks are just enchanted to make you feel happy and loosen up your inhibitions :laugh:

Edited by sebastian666

I wish there had been more weird / colourful choices like Cat Hermione or Rita Skeeter; half of this CMF look like "just" normal people in normal-ish clothes. But looking back, the previous CMF was more about filling in the blanks in the main sets anyway (students in 3rd / 4th year uniforms, Fantastic Beast characters, stuff that fans would want that wasn't included in the sets), and this series does this for the current wave of sets. We all knew we would never get a "Murder of Lily and James Potter!" set, for example.

I thought Quidditch Harry, Ron and Ginny would be a given in the CMF as interesting variants, but alas not. Maybe a Quidditch set or minifig pack is on the way next year? (I can dream.)

I can't help but think the trio's muggle clothing was included to match the "Why is it when something happens, it's always you three?" meme.