Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Correction: Lily appears to be the least interesting out of the 16. Guess I’ll have to wait for a clearer picture.

Also, I find it odd how Luna has gotten a remake of the exact same “neutral” expression 3 times now o.O (without taking into account her 2nd expressions)

Never mind! Found him! It’s posted by an Instagrammer called @lucky_lego_store. That Dumbledore is hands down my favorite minifig in this collection. What an incredible design job. And Fawkes is beautiful too.

Edited by sebastian666

I felt initially a bit disappointed at the lineup but looking more closely I find the design of the figures and accessories super charming--the theme is treated with such love and care :)

I think the absences of some of the most desired characters makes it quite likely that there are plans to save them for future sets. I didn't think before that Grimmauld Place or Hogsmeade Village sets would be likely but the absences of Kreacher, Tonks, Mundungus, Rosmerta and Aberforth suggest otherwise don't you think?

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Exactly.

How is that Harry Potter?

That's just a generic fleshie baby

He needs the scar to be baby Harry Potter. The baby mold for CMF S16 would be perfect for that

How is that baby mould better for baby Harry? The most iconic version of baby Harry is from Philosopher’s Stone in which he is wrapped up in a blanket, just like in the CMF, either way you wouldn’t be happy because if he came as the mould you’re suggesting he would be from the flashback scenes from Lily’s Murder in which he didn’t have a scar, it’s not hard to pretend that the scar is underneath the blanket over his head seen as the face part of the mould is tiny there is t enough space ??‍♂️

I just sent a private message to @lucky_lego_store on Instagram and it sounds like they are the store in Brasov, Romania where the leaks are coming from.

I asked if the store manager would be willing to ship minifigs to the US and here was his response:

“Yes. In zip bag! At USD $7.35. The shipping price it it will USD $9.50 priority registered delivery with tracking number +5% PayPal fee from total”

I’m going to ask how much he’s charging for a full set! I’ll keep everyone posted.

Just now, leg said:

From hungarian Kockashop

1.jpg

Wowzers that is a Brickhead and a half. Surprised there's not a bit of yellow/Bronze colouring on Buckbeak though. 

7 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I just sent a private message to @lucky_lego_store on Instagram and it sounds like they are the store in Brasov, Romania where the leaks are coming from.

I asked if the store manager would be willing to ship minifigs to the US and here was his response:

“Yes. In zip bag! At USD $7.35. The shipping price it it will USD $9.50 priority registered delivery with tracking number +5% PayPal fee from total”

I’m going to ask how much he’s charging for a full set! I’ll keep everyone posted.

are they listed on a website or did you have to call/email?

Edited by Surge

Just now, Surge said:

are they listed on a website or did you have to call/email?

Uhhmmm....... he just said he messaged the guy on Instagram :look:

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

How is that baby mould better for baby Harry? The most iconic version of baby Harry is from Philosopher’s Stone in which he is wrapped up in a blanket, just like in the CMF, either way you wouldn’t be happy because if he came as the mould you’re suggesting he would be from the flashback scenes from Lily’s Murder in which he didn’t have a scar, it’s not hard to pretend that the scar is underneath the blanket over his head seen as the face part of the mould is tiny there is t enough space ??‍♂️

I disagree, to me the more iconic version of baby Harry is him sitting in his crib after the curse rebounds. Admittedly, it's a bit more morbid than the first scene version but similar to what @Robert8 said, you'd actually be able to tell that it's Harry with no context. At the end of the day they went with the first scene one so it's a moot point, but I was just pointing out a personal criticism. I still love this series on the whole and I'm still buying them all and multiples :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Uhhmmm....... he just said he messaged the guy on Instagram :look:

yeah then he said he messaged the store manager, unless they are the same person and I just misunderstood

Just now, Surge said:

yeah then he said he messaged the store manager, unless they are the same person and I just misunderstood

He asked the guy on Instagram to ask the manager about the bags

2 minutes ago, Surge said:

It’s the same person. I just private messaged the store on Instagram. Still waiting to hear back on pricing for a full set.

UPDATE: Just heard back! The store manager said he’s charging $133.45 for a full set of all 16 minifigs and their accessories with priority shipping to the US.

I’m so tempted... but it is a pretty big markup from the cost of getting them on September 1. I may just order Dumbledore, Kingsley, Luna, and Myrtle. I think I can wait on the rest.

Edited by sebastian666

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bellatrix is up! Not the greatest figure but I adore her faceprint

Accurate hear for that specific scene would have made her better. But yeah, her face is defenitly better than in the Burrow.

I like that Sprout has the skirt piece although not to happy about the resulting height, but it was the best choice IMO. Would any of you have rioted if they used the 1x2 brick and tile instead? Just wondering.

Just now, Otherworld said:

I like that Sprout has the skirt piece although not to happy about the resulting height, but it was the best choice IMO. Would any of you have rioted if they used the 1x2 brick and tile instead? Just wondering.

I personally wouldn't, I get why people like the dress piece but accurate height is more important to me. At least the 1x2 brick solution still looks good

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

Does anyone else think that the torso and leg print on Ginny looks a little like the print on Queenie's outfit, with the black heals and wavy dress?

Yeah kind of, some even used Queenie’s parts for a custom slug club Ginny.

I just messaged the Insta person about possibly trying to order a set of 16.  It's "only" a markup of approximately $45, and who knows how difficult (or safe) it will be to get them come September.

EDIT: I think the selections made for this series all but confirm a Series 3, unless the theme somehow fizzles out before then, which I don't see happening.

Edited by RogueTwo

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Who are you all most disappointed that we missed out on from our predictions? I’m definitely disappointed about not getting Professor Lockhart because I figured this was our best shot at getting a Cornish Pixie mold. I imagine we will probably get him in the Diagon Alley set but without  any of those little blue buggers 

Pomfrey and Lockhart with a Pixie, I wanted more new creaturs mold.. It was better in the first HP cmf with loads of animal molds.

But overall I like this cmf.

Have an licensed brickheadz came without a print before? For me it feels like fake of the new leak with Hagrid and Buckbeak

Hi guys! Haven't messaged in a while because I've been working hard for the upcoming Diagon Alley...:D The new CMF looks fantastic, although I'm a bit bummed about some of the inclusions, as are most I reckon. My favourites are probably Myrtle, Dumbledore, Sprout, Bellatrix and James but I adore almost all of them! The twins are great but feel like a wasted spot because, well, they are nearly identical. My least favourites are probably Ron, Hermione and Ginny although they are wonderfully printed. Its good to get a better faceprint for Ginny (and Bellatrix) because the one in the Burrow is dreadful (the set is one of my all-time favourites though!). Now that we didn't get Lucius or Gilderoy here, they must be included in the Diagon Alley. Anyway, thanks for keeping the hype alive during these anxious times.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I personally wouldn't, I get why people like the dress piece but accurate height is more important to me. At least the 1x2 brick solution still looks good

I think it’s a good fix, my only complaint is that they don’t print on the side of tiles yet (Is it impossible after that printed cheese slope?) so the printing looks cut off.

Edited by Otherworld