Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, broadwaybocaj said:

Anyone else feel this "leak" is weird timing? Just seems so bizarre the PERFECT day for a reveal the day he GOES to Diagon Alley and his Birthday - there's a leak? Come on TLG

True. Really disappointing actually. I just want to see DA come on Lego! ?

And as someone has pointed out on IG, Ginny‘s cup is also a new piece :classic: I thought it was the regular ol’ cup mould, but it isn‘t. I guess it‘s the equivalent to the teacup from S1, so expect that one to show up in a lot of sets in the future :laugh: Don‘t ask me why, but I always like getting new cutlery in CMFs

I just noticed Kingsley is using the same cloak piece as Garmadon from the ninjago movie!

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

And as someone has pointed out on IG, Ginny‘s cup is also a new piece :classic: I thought it was the regular ol’ cup mould, but it isn‘t. I guess it‘s the equivalent to the teacup from S1, so expect that one to show up in a lot of sets in the future :laugh: Don‘t ask me why, but I always like getting new cutlery in CMFs

I feel like it is a waste of a new mold for a Harry Potter CMF. Could have something more special than a cup

Something the Gryffindor sword or Fawkes is what I expect from a line like this

Just now, Robert8 said:

I feel like it is a waste of a new mold for a Harry Potter CMF. Could have something more special than a cup

A pigmy puff for instance... (For Ginny I mean)

1 minute ago, Thieda said:

I just noticed Kingsley is using the same cloak piece as Garmadon from the ninjago movie!

It's similarly shaped but not the same thing. Garmadon's fabric piece is ridiculously big on a minifig

And don‘t forget that they now reuse CMF prints in regular sets, so we can expect the new face prints for the trio to show up in next year‘s DH sets :thumbup:

Hermione's and Ron's heads look great! But Harry's looks almost identical to the one in the sets as opposed to an alternate expression like the former.

The new glass piece is a surprise to be sure (but a welcome one).

Lego seem to have a thing about twins/triplets in licensed wave 2s...

3 minutes ago, Thieda said:

It's the Series 5 Graduate's cloth piece

Just now, AdriWho said:

They could recolour the friends hedgehog mold if they wanted to cheap out

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It's similarly shaped but not the same thing. Garmadon's fabric piece is ridiculously big on a minifig

Oh yeah I forgot he had 4 arms :grin:

Just now, Robert8 said:

It's the Series 5 Graduate's cloth piece

Not exactly. Kingsley's cloth piece is longer and cuts off diagonally

Does anyone have any good Europe sites that sell complete sets of minifigure series?

(Mainly for when this series releases)

Edited by Thieda

Just now, Thieda said:

Does anyone have any good Europe sites that sell complete sets of minifigure series?

Minifiguremaddness, a shop based in Ireland, sell both entire boxes of 60 as well as complete series of 16 

Just now, Thieda said:

(Mainly for when this series releases)

I'm buying a full box from MinifigureMadness, if you're just looking for a single set I'd suggest keeping an eye at Marktplaats (for those of you who aren't Dutch, it's similar to Ebay)

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Minifiguremaddness, a shop based in Ireland, sell both entire boxes of 60 as well as complete series of 16 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm buying a full box from MinifigureMadness, if you're just looking for a single set I'd suggest keeping an eye at Marktplaats (for those of you who aren't Dutch, it's similar to Ebay)

Okay thanks!

As much as I feel let down by some of the character choices (I wanted OotP Tonks so much), I can’t say I’m disappointed by the new parts and prints! It’s crazy that we knew about DH Griphook being part of the line up, we’re still being totally blindsided by that amazing sword of Gryffindor (complete with ruby encrusted hilt! Have we ever gotten a sword with printed details before this :drool:). I was also grumpy that the Hogwarts Students accessory pack only came with an open Marauders Map, but one of the twins coming with the more iconic closed version more than makes up for it. And Fawkes, and the butterbeer, and the amazing little details like the printed cheese wedge in the monster book. So amazing. And I think there are only FOUR minifigures in the entire series that don’t have at least one new mold, and of the remaining four, three have new recolors and they all have printed accessories. This might not be really close to what I’d want from a character lineup, but all of these minifigures are really well done (especially when compared to some of the lackluster offerings from the last two licensed series). 

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Never thought I'd see someone complain about new accurate molds. It wouldn't be hard to replace anyway, ginger hairpieces are extremely common 

I know, but I wanted a hairpiece that is supposed to the twins, I know it sounds stupid.. But with the better pics it look much better. I'm not that disappointed anymore.. Only little :tongue:

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Me to! Maybe a new cup for one of them, but not for both Ron and Hermione..

7 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

I was really hoping for a pigmy puff to for Ginny..

Is it likely that there will be another Harry Potter Bricktober pack this year? Because that could contain certain minifigures like Mrs Pomfrey that aren't in this CMF but are unlikely to appear elsewhere

Just now, OutlandishCandle said:

Is it likely that there will be another Harry Potter Bricktober pack this year? Because that could contain certain minifigures like Mrs Pomfrey that aren't in this CMF but are unlikely to appear elsewhere

Nope, Bricktober is dead. And even if Bricktober was still around Pomfrey wouldn't appear there as they aren't allowed to introduce new molds

These minifigs are awesome! A couple of not so interesting characters as expected but a huge amount of awesome ones! I especially love how they’ve gone for a huge variety of years - 2, 3, 4, 6 AND 7. Wow! And even James and Lily too - that’s so cool to get!

27 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Fred and George's Hats also look printed on the instruction part of the leaflet.

You‘re right *oh2* That‘s amazing!

3 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

I know, but I wanted a hairpiece that is supposed to the twins [...]

No way would they have gotten a new mould if not for the hair-hat combo :wink: If Fred and George were hatless, they would have given us either this 4529755.jpg or this 6006514.jpg

The new hair-hat mould is not useful for that many scenes outside of ones set in the winter but still way better than any of the two above :grin:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, Bricktober is dead. And even if Bricktober was still around Pomfrey wouldn't appear there as they aren't allowed to introduce new molds

Exactly. Bricktober was tied to TRU. The final „wave“ was only available at other retailers because the sets were already produced when TRU was murdered

So according to Stonewars the CMF will release on September 1st and Diagon Alley should be released alongside it (or the other way around, whatever you prefer saying)