Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I still remember that my first Set when I was ten years old was the forbidden corridor and it was perfect! You get the trio right away and an amazing Fluffy. I still think this was the best set of the very first wave. After that I got Hagrids Hut wich was also a really good set. I remember building other buildings with that triangle-baseplate construction because I really liked it. :)

7 hours ago, Crookshanks said:

I know we haven't seen all the sets for this year. But I still think of witch HP set we will get next year and when.. If we get anything early in the year or must wait..

With a D2C set soon, we must get more sets next year :grin:

We'll definetely be getting more sets next year but I wouldn't expect to get anything before june

3 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

As we impatiently anticipate the reveals for the D2C and the CMF, I have a question for you all—what was your first Harry Potter set? Mine was either the original 2001 Hogwarts Express or the 2002 Privet Drive (I was quite young at the time so my memory of acquiring either of them is spotty at best)

For a long time I wasn't really interested in Harry Potter, that all changed when I went to see the first Fantastic Beasts movie with some friends. After having seen that one I dipped my toes into the wider 'Potterverse' and ended up loving it. As I joined the party so late my first HP set was 2018's Great Hall :tongue:

I got my first two sets, 4736 Freeing Dobby, and 4737 Quidditch Match for Christmas of 2010.  Both of them were quite fun, and had a decent selection of minifigures between them.  They were the only sets of the 2010-2011 waves that I got, something which I came to regret after they were discontinued.  When the theme returned in 2018, I got back into it with 75950 Aragog's Lair, and proceeded to eventually buy every set from the 2018-2019 waves that wasn't microscale or Brickheadz.  I am continuing to save funds for when this years sets arrive at my local Target.

I got 4709 Hogwarts Castle for Christmas the year it was released and then got Hagrid's Hut, the Hogwarts Express, The Final Challenge, Troll On the Loose, Snape's Class, Chamber Of Secrets, Dumbledore's Office, Escape From Private Drive, Aragog's Lair and the Knight Bus over the next couple of years. I remember always wanting the Room of Winged Keys and Forbidden Corridor, but this was before internet shopping in my house and my parents were limited to what they had in my local very small toy shop. That's why now I bought the old Fluffy mould off ebay because although I don't want to go back and buy the old sets, Fluffy is still a great mould.

After 2004 I was in my dark age for 10 years so I never followed the HP sets after Prisoner Of Azkaban. So I've been really excited to get both sets and figures from the later movies.

Edited by BacktoBricks

15 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

A few weeks ago I decided to treat myself after a big win at work to a brand new unopened Unexpected Gathering at Bag End set from the LEGO Lord of the Rings series. I have to say that it was probably one of the most enjoyable builds I’ve ever completed and looks perfect next to my Tolkien books.

Very nice. I should look into that one.

15 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I also considered getting the new D2C Haunted House which is basically one giant Easter egg hunt for LEGO Egypt Adventurers fans, but I have heard some terrible reviews about it. Has anyone here bought and built it?

I liked building the Haunted House very much. It looks and works (the free fall drop) very good. =D

Speaking of the Haunted House, LEGO didn't tease that set before revealing it right? Or did I just completely miss something *huh*

6 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

As we impatiently anticipate the reveals for the D2C and the CMF, I have a question for you all—what was your first Harry Potter set? Mine was either the original 2001 Hogwarts Express or the 2002 Privet Drive (I was quite young at the time so my memory of acquiring either of them is spotty at best)

My first set was probably 4701 Sorting Hat most likely followed by 4723 Diagon Alley Shops, 4712 Troll on the Loose, 4714 Gringott's bank, and 4750 Draco's Encounter with Buckbeak. Sometime during 2018 I also got 4754 Hagrid's Hut and 4708 Hogwarts Express from a local LEGO convention totally oblivious from the fact that that year would get a reboot giving us an even better Hagrid's Hut (although it's not fully enclosed) and a nicer Hogwarts Express with station. 

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Speaking of the Haunted House, LEGO didn't tease that set before revealing it right? Or did I just completely miss something *huh*

I don't remember a tease of it, but I could be wrong.

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think you‘re right, there wasn‘t an official teaser for it IIRC, same goes for the Mickey & Minnie figures as well as the Crocodile. All three had something else in common though: a leak that occurred a couple of days before the reveal, either the box or s@h promotional material :laugh:

6 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

I didn't really get Harry Potter, (Star Wars and Lotr were more my thing), until last year where they rebooted it. The first Harry Potter set I saw was the old quidditch set from 2010 or something like that

Edited by Ringwraith

My first Harry Potter set was 4842 Hogwarts Castle set in 2011 or 2012, the 2010 - 2011 HP sets were what brought me out of my dark age. I remember seeing the first sets when they came out in 2001, but opted to spend my birthday and Christmas money on other HP stuff instead for some reason. I've been a big HP fan since I was given the first two books around 1999 - they were the only two out at the time! So Harry Potter is pretty much the reason I got into lego, and it makes up most of my lego collection!

7 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

I was really young when I started getting Harry Potter sets too! For my sixth birthday I got the 2004 Hagrid's Hut and original Horntail set, then I got a few of the smaller POA sets too (no more Goblet of Fire sets as I found the Graveyard and Mermaid sets too scary!). I was still collecting Harry Potter all the way up to the 2010 revival through Ebay, meaning I ended up with a lot of the older Philosopher Stone and Chamber of Secrets sets. 

I think collecting Harry Potter from such a young age  is part of the reason I've been getting so many of the new sets - ever since 2018 it still feels too good to be true compared to the two periods of my life where there were no more sets being made!

My first sets were freeing Dobby and  the Burrow in 2010. I then got all of the 2010/11 sets and the DK books. I spent many hours staring at all of those old sets and eventually got the 2001 castle and 2002 Dueling Club.

Hi y'all, I'm new to this forum, even though I've been following it for a couple of years now as a silent reader. I'm also really hyped for the reveal of DA and the CMF.

My first HP set was Aragog's Lair and since then I've gotten all 2018/2019 sets with the exception of the Brickheadz. I'm missing most ones from this year as I usually wait for the prices to go down, but I've just ordered Privet Drive and the Encounter with Umbridge one from amazon as I got a gift card and they had a good offer.

Apart from HP I collect Architecture and the modulars, with Detective's office being my first one.

Just wanted to say 'Hi' ;-)

We should just rename the thread from Harry Potter 2020 to Harry Potter Nostalgia ?

Seriously though come on Lego. I've just had a horrible morning so can you please just reveal something HP and turn my day around at bit. Thank you.

Cmf box leaked in the legoharrypotter hashtag

Edited by Bernar

Nice, a box of CMFs has just leaked! Yes, Lily and James, finally! Looks like we're also getting another Hermione and Ron variant, can't make the other characters out

Edited by Iron Brute

2 minutes ago, Iron Brute said:

Nice, a box of CMFs has just leaked! Can't wait to finally get Lily and James! Looks like we're getting another Ron variant, can't make the other characters out

Not entirely sure but it seems to me the new minifigures are

1) james potter (with photograph)

2) lily with baby harry

3) new hermione

4) new ron

5) fred (winter clothes?)

6) george (winter clothes?)

7) ginny (slug club dress?)

So, we‘ve got Fred & George, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, James and Lilly :thumbup: And they went totally overboard with the accessories :wub:

Interesting that we get new versions of accessories we‘ve already seen this summer, mainly the Marauder‘s map and the picture of James & Lilly

Edited by Lego-Freak

There's Fred and George in the outfits they're wearing when they give Harry the Maurauders map and it looks like the map and a fireworks tile are their accessories.

But no Madam Pompfrey though. Well that's He Who Shall Not Be Named well and truly proven wrong!

Griphook has the sword of Gryffindor. :)

I'm excited for these characters and the many accessories we're getting (Sword of Gryffindor!) but I must admit I'm a little disappointed by the absence of characters like Tonks, Rita Skeeter, Lockhart, Pomfrey, Kreacher, etc

Highlights:

• Undamaged version of Tom Riddle‘s diary
  • The sword of Gryffindor:wub:
  • Baby Harry
  • New mould for Ginny‘s hairpiece
  • Scarf in dark red
  • a certain „leaker“ getting annihilated for good :laugh:
Edited by Lego-Freak

The person said they found these in a shop and their account says they are in Romania. So these are already out in the wild! Surely Lego will reveal them now.

Yes @Guyon2002 No Rita ? Or Pomfrey (Nono debunked again)

Edited by BacktoBricks

Hell yeah! After all this time, we got something. 

This looks amazing, so many new characters! I would never expect that we'd get James and Lilly, there are so many characters there that I want to get. It's kind of disappointing that there's no Lockhart or Tonks, but it still doesn't make this series worse.