Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Why were y'all under the belief that there was going to be an announcement today, what significance is today of? Isn't the 31st the day of interest? 

21 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

d8EpkPT.jpg

This is amazing - what a beautiful book editions! I just bought my first HP book set since my broken down ones from back home. Looking forward to having A lit up Diagon Alley on my drawer across from the books :)

Also, had a scary earthquake in LA this morning. Better get to build DA before it comes tumbling down! :laugh:

Edited by Modal

On 7/29/2020 at 6:52 AM, Felkin said:

since Lego has shied away from making pubs before (note the lack of Moe the Bartender in the Simpsons line, and the rumoured cancelled Moe's Tavern set). Including the Leaky Cauldron as part of a Diagon Alley D2C would allow them to include an iconic location without focusing on a place which sells alcohol.

I feel that Lego could definitively get away with advertising it more as a hotel then a pub. 

6 minutes ago, OneThousand said:

Why were y'all under the belief that there was going to be an announcement today, what significance is today of? Isn't the 31st the day of interest? 

The idea was that there would be an announcement tomorrow, but a tease for that announcement today, as that has basically been the case for the two most recent D2C sets 

9 minutes ago, Alyverse said:

This was one of my favourite builds as well. It's so cozy and charming and your display is a nice little nook. There was a power outage while I was working on it but luckily I had enough candles to keep building, which really added to the effect. I always part out sets eventually but I used the general concept and the circular window when I built the Hufflepuff common room. I even did circular doors to the dorms. 

Nice! I’d love to see pics of your Hufflepuff common room!

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

This is amazing - what a beautiful book editions! I just bought my first HP book set since my broken down ones from back home. Looking forward to having A lit up Diagon Alley on my drawer across from the books :)

Also, had a scary earthquake in LA this morning. Better get to build DA before it comes tumbling down! :laugh:

Thanks @Modal! And I’m glad to hear you are safe after this mornings earthquake.

The books are the Tolkien deluxe pocket set by Houghton Mifflin, which came out in 2014. I love them. Still available on Amazon ( 58% off today! Only $20).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0544445783/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_U2WiFbK5ARB3B

For my LEGO Harry Potter sets, other than the big long Hogwarts castle display, I display my individual sets next to my various HP book collections. I’ve got the Jim Kay illustrated editions (can’t wait for OotP next year), the original Scholastic editions, and I just preordered the first Minalima designed book.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1338596705/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_W6WiFbBSTAZPZ

I still think we will get a full reveal tomorrow.  If not, I’m out of this guessing game.  

3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I still think we will get a full reveal tomorrow.  If not, I’m out of this guessing game.  

Careful, we've had all day to sharpen our pitchforks. :devil_laugh:

The notion of TLG caring about the significance of July 31st for HP isn‘t too outlandish when you consider the yearly May the Fourth event and this year’s announcement of the Mario theme on March 10th. However, that is in no way a guarantee they will commemorate the date with any reveals. They could simply post a „happy birthday“ congratulatory thing on Twitter and call it a day, just to rub it in :devil:

Gone fishing!

I wonder how many pages that are waiting for me here when I get back, especially if the reveal is tomorrow :laugh:

16 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Thanks @Modal! And I’m glad to hear you are safe after this mornings earthquake.

The books are the Tolkien deluxe pocket set by Houghton Mifflin, which came out in 2014. I love them. Still available on Amazon ( 58% off today! Only $20).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0544445783/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_U2WiFbK5ARB3B

For my LEGO Harry Potter sets, other than the big long Hogwarts castle display, I display my individual sets next to my various HP book collections. I’ve got the Jim Kay illustrated editions (can’t wait for OotP next year), the original Scholastic editions, and I just preordered the first Minalima designed book.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1338596705/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_W6WiFbBSTAZPZ

I really, really am getting tempted by the Minalima book! Like you, I have the Jim Kay editions, which are wonderful. Jim Kay has been suffering from depression, and I don't know for sure when Order of the Phoenix will come out. As of Febraury, he had barely completed any work on it. https://www.therowlinglibrary.com/2020/02/06/artist-jim-kay-revealed-he-suffers-from-depression-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-launch-may-be-delayed/. I love displaying the books next to the sets! I also totally agree on how wonderful Gathering of Bag End is...still one of my top ten sets.

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Careful, we've had all day to sharpen our pitchforks. :devil_laugh:

Okay, fine, you and @Lego-Freak can pitchfork me, and then I’m out.  :roflmao:

Just now, RogueTwo said:

It will be my pleasure :devil:

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Gone fishing!

I wonder how many pages that are waiting for me here when I get back, especially if the reveal is tomorrow :laugh:

Many pages full of tears and lamentation I assume :head_back: ...or tears of joy, but I‘m not holding my breath

2 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Thank you. :tongue: Though for the record I'd rather you are right and we get a reveal + you get spared.

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Many pages full of tears and lamentation I assume :head_back: ...or tears of joy, but I‘m not holding my breath

Considering this whole pitchfork thing there won't be just tears ?

A teaser isn't absolutely necessary so I'm still cautiously optimistic for tomorrow, I just can't believe LEGO might ignore such an obviously appropriate day for this announcement!

Zavvi has all the sets available except Hedwig. Come on!!!

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Zavvi has all the sets available except Hedwig. Come on!!!

Zavvi has had them available for quite a while now

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I'm away for a couple of days but I will get back to you.

Like everyone, I am eagerly anticipating the DA and CMF reveals. It's my birthday and all I want is to see them! I live in Canada and the regular sets still say "Coming Soon" without a date so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get any of this wave but even seeing what's to come is very exciting. I pre-built a Privet Drive MOC and it's just waiting for the stickers and minifigs.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Zavvi has had them available for quite a while now

Yea I know, except the one I’m interested in :hmpf_bad:

Zavvi shipped my Forbidden Forest set without tracking, so I have no idea when it’s going to arrive...

and Hedwig has been out of stock for a while I think

This has probably been asked before, but is there an exact release date known for Diagon Alley? If not, when do you guys guess it will arrive in stores?

5 minutes ago, Legopls said:

This has probably been asked before, but is there an exact release date known for Diagon Alley? If not, when do you guys guess it will arrive in stores?

Nope but it should be sometime in September

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope but it should be sometime in September

Oh really?  I thought it was September 1 for sure.

I wonder if they do the same three buildings as they did in the old set:

Gringott's Bank, Ollivander's, Borgin & Burke's or they will change things up. Like the Leaky Cauldron!

Edited by ddavid