Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Anakin Skywalker waiting for the reveal of Diagon Alley: "if you are suffering as much as I am, PLEASE, tell me."

Just out of curiosity... What other LEGO themes are you guys into? I'm very movie based with my LEGO. Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Jurassic World etc, with a little dabbling in super heroes (trying to quit) and star wars (way too many sets). Just curious what sort of mixes other people are into?

Modular Buildings, Fairground Collection, Ideas, CMFs and City from time to time. But I often buy sets from themes I'm not that much interested in if they're lovely designed ? 

22 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I feel like I'm waiting for exam results!

I'm waiting for both and I ask myself what will come out first ?

Edited by 8fifty

I’m still convinced we’ll get a leak today.  

Get your pitchforks ready, everyone! :laugh: 

2 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Just out of curiosity... What other LEGO themes are you guys into? I'm very movie based with my LEGO. Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Jurassic World etc, with a little dabbling in super heroes (trying to quit) and star wars (way too many sets). Just curious what sort of mixes other people are into?

I'm mainly into the following which is generally all minifigure/system scale with the notable exceptions being the UCS Hogwarts and the GWP Diagon Alley:

- Harry Potter: I've got all sets since the 2018 reboot minus the BrickHeadz which are not my thing. I've also got some ancient ones, but I want to sell those as I prefer the 2018+ stuff. Just for this theme I'm a completionist within the parameters mentioned before.

- City: Mainly only sets I like or want/need, and there's only so many police and fire vehicles you can tolerate. :P Although I do try to get all passenger trains, train stations, as well as hospitals.

- Creator Expert: I'm trying to get all the Modulars, but the first 3 are just tooooo expensive, so that'll probably never happen. I've also started collecting the Fairground rides since the Rollercoaster, which means I got that and the Haunted House. And I will be getting the Crocodile Locomotive once that's available again. :/ Of the seasonal ones I got the Winter Fire Station and Winter Train Station. I didn't really like the Winter Train, although I do like trains, just not this one.

- Creator: Some of the 3-in-1 houses. I kinda miss the old residential buildings from the late 00s, those were nice.

- Star Wars: Since this theme has tooooo many sets, I've decided to limit myself to just getting all Mandolarian sets (minus the BrickHeadz) and selectively other cool sets like the UCS Millenium Falcon and I'm planning on picking up the upcoming AT AT.

- Chinese: I got 80103, 80104, and 80105. 80101 and 80102 are unfortunately too exclusive. :/

- Ideas: So far only the following: Big Bang Theory, Central Perk, Old Fishing Store, the Rocket Ride GWP, and Tree House.

- Speed Champions: First I got the latest Porsche 911, then I saw some others and now I got 5 of them and will probably get some of the other newest ones too.

- Marvel: I've got the Hall of Armour and the Captain Marvel polybag so far. And I'm planning on getting the new Avengers tower and possibly MOC it and make it bigger as many other AFOLs have done before me with the 2015 edition and I also want the Hall of Armour add-on. But besides that I really regret missing the Sanctum Sanctorum showdown as well as the previous Avengers Tower, but there's a new coming so now I won't need the old one.

- Ninjago: Only got the Ninjago City, Ninjago City Docks, and the Temple of Spinjitzu. Don't really like anything else. Those three I can combine with the 3 Chinese sets I got to create an Asia district in my city.

I think that's everything. :P I do get some other themes from mid to late 90s like some random little pirate set or a space set (just regular one, not one of those fancy Space Police themes). But those themes are not current anymore, so I've not taken them into this overview of just current themes. I wish I didn't miss the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit themes as I wasn't really aware they were a thing until it was too late. I do have two polybags, one of each.

Edited by Salix

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Good luck! ?

Thank you! ? Tbh, I'm much more excited about the HP stuff than about the results ?

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Anakin Skywalker waiting for the reveal of Diagon Alley: "if you are suffering as much as I am, PLEASE, tell me."

I bought the UCS A-Wing, but other than that it's been all Potter for me.  If I can manage to get every set in this theme I'll consider myself very fortunate indeed.

47 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I’m still convinced we’ll get a leak today.  

Get your pitchforks ready, everyone! :laugh: 

Do you mean „leak“ as in unofficial information getting into unauthorised hands without consent or „leak“ as in official announcement? Because one of these two isn‘t a leak :tongue: And my pitchfork is exceptionally shiny

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I feel like I'm waiting for exam results!

That‘s an apt comparison! :laugh:

@8fifty: I know that feeling all too well, fingers crossed!

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Modulars are what got me in to Lego again as an adult, I usually get one every christmas from my fiancé. The revival of Harry Potter is what really got me in to forums and leaks, thought. Other than those two i get most Winter Village sets, the occational ideas one and I'm definitely getting the Andy Warhol art set. My brother collects the architect line so I get to play around with those set at his place.

I guess I like detailed, sort of old fashioned buildings and creating city (and caste) scenes. So you can imagine how exited I am for DA... 

Thanks for sharing everyone. Really interesting seeing what everyone is into. We all have the same interest in Harry Potter and it's interesting how diverse a lot of people interests are from each others! :-)

1 hour ago, Salix said:

- Marvel: I've got the Hall of Armour and the Captain Marvel polybag so far. And I'm planning on getting the new Avengers tower and possibly MOC it and make it bigger as many other AFOLs have done before me with the 2015 edition and I also want the Hall of Armour add-on. But besides that I really regret missing the Sanctum Sanctorum showdown as well as the previous Avengers Tower, but there's a new coming so now I won't need the old one.

I was actually really lucky I got the old avengers tower for about $20 Australian Dollars a few months ago and then the Sanctum Sanctorum just 2-3 weeks ago for $60. :-D

4 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I was actually really lucky I got the old avengers tower for about $20 Australian Dollars a few months ago and then the Sanctum Sanctorum just 2-3 weeks ago for $60. :-D

Very nice! =D

Hi guys,

Are we getting any other sets from Harry Potter this year, apart of Diagon Alley nad Advent calendar, and minifgures ofc?

Edited by Jaromir

Just now, Jaromir said:

Hi guys,

Are we getting any other sets from Harry Potter sets this year, apart of Diagon Alley nad Advent calendar, and minifgures ofc?

Yes, there‘s still the Hagrid & Buckbeak Brickheadz set that needs to be revealed, but apart from this, that‘s it for this year :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Jaromir said:

Hi guys,

Are we getting any other sets from Harry Potter this year, apart of Diagon Alley nad Advent calendar, and minifgures ofc?

A 'leaker' did say we were getting another set and a Gift With Purchase set, but they proved unreliable as far as we know, so for now our belief is that we only have the advent calendar, DA and the CMF left this year. Oh and the Brickheadz as @Lego-Freak says.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

@Lego-Freak So at what time is Stan predicting a teaser?

I didn‘t account for the time, just the date :laugh: I could’ve done so, but I found the announcement dates on the UK-based brickfanatics and the US-based thebrickfan, so I would‘ve needed to convert times plus account for summer/winter time, which I frankly couldn‘t be bothered with :devil: I apologise for neglecting my duties as a researcher :head_back:

With the last D2C, I remember thinking about it nonstop and constantly posting my impatience and it just made the waiting so much worse (and annoyed people on here) so my strategy this time is to think about it as little as possible, occupy myself with work and other things, and not post how much the wait is killing me every five seconds like last time. It’s working out pretty well, I feel better about waiting this time around, and I’m probably more excited for this one. Not that I mind other people posting about it, I love seeing the discussions, just my own personal strategy

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I didn‘t account for the time, just the date :laugh: I could’ve done so, but I found the announcement dates on the UK-based brickfanatics and the US-based thebrickfan, so I would‘ve needed to convert times plus account for summer/winter time, which I frankly couldn‘t be bothered with :devil: I apologise for neglecting my duties as a researcher :head_back:

Stan needs an upgrade lol. Lazy Lego-Freak, just pure lazy. :tongue: :wink: 

Topic has gone hot again ha. 

Does lego have a particular time of day they normally reveal stuff? 

I thought if they showed a teaser today it would be at 9 am eastern standard time but they have been know to do 10 am est.  But if no teasers are shown off today I feel like we will see the cmf first not Diagon Alley 

Just now, Seaber said:

Yeah - whenever they feel like it just to keep us guessing lol. Lately, the Piano was revealed at 2pm BST and the NES 1pm.

16 minutes ago, Seaber said:

If we don’t see anything within the next hour I doubt we will get a teaser today, sadly

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

@8fifty: I know that feeling all too well, fingers crossed!

One gets used to it over time ? Thanks!

15 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yeah - whenever they feel like it just to keep us guessing lol. Lately, the Piano was revealed at 2pm BST and the NES 1pm.

I'd consider 4 pm CEST/3 pm BST as the very latest reveal time but after 3/2 I usually give my hopes up for the day ?

Doesn‘t look like there‘s going to be a reveal (or teaser) today :sadnew: Shame on you model, you’ve been nothing but a disappointment to me and your mother! 

...still cautiously optimistic for tomorrow though :tongue: