Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 7/20/2020 at 7:08 PM, sammy_zammy said:

Looks like a list of retiring soon sets has been published:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-sets-retiring-in-2020/

Crikey that’s quite a few. I think it was @Crookshanks who was often concerned about this?

Thanks for the tag! It feels nice to see that Hogwarts probably stay around for another year (buying great hall today was also a right decision) :)

About the AC. I love that we are getting two new characters! I don't know what to think of the skirts, I prefer the other design of it..

The microbuilds disappointed me. I prefer the small useful buildings.. But with the microbuilds and the others small buildings it seems to take more time to build (it's really fun to build into the plastic bag and it's harder then it sounds!) then last year.

31 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Is that sheet music tile a new print? If it is, that’s quite confusing, because when I go to play it on piano, if you make the B a B flat and the F an F sharp, it’s the first few notes to “When You Wish Upon A Star”...which is a Disney song lol

It has indeed been used already, namely in sets 43176 and 302002 which are from the Disney Princess line ?

5 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

It has indeed been used already, namely in sets 43176 and 302002 which are from the Disney Princess line ?

Ah gotcha, I don’t follow that line so I wouldn’t have known. Thanks for the heads-up! 

Edited by Holden Brickfield

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

The microbuilds disappointed me. I prefer the small useful buildings.. But with the microbuilds and the others small buildings it seems to take more time to build (it's really fun to build into the plastic bag and it's harder then it sounds!) then last year.

I don’t find the microbuilds useful either :sceptic: But we can use those pieces to create something else!

Looks like kingnoknow is back up to his antics. He just reposted an old "leak" and clarified it was about lucius. Load of dragon dung coming from him. 

9 minutes ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

Looks like kingnoknow is back up to his antics. He just reposted an old "leak" and clarified it was about lucius. Load of dragon dung coming from him. 

Who’s kingnoknow?

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Who’s kingnoknow?

This has the same energy as someone wandering into the Harry Potter fandom and asking what “My Immortal” is :snicker:

(long story short for those who weren’t checking Instagram and this forum way too much in the months leading up to the official set announcements and release, kingnono was/is a fake leaker who got caught in their lies when they said the Advent Calendar would be OotP based and the first pics leaked showing it was Yule Ball themed. Now either the original kingnono or a copycat is apparently back at it, spurred on either by the official advent calendar pictures or the impending Harry Potter reveal teased on the VIP page. The best course of action is to ignore it)

18 minutes ago, joeee said:

latest?cb=20071102124051

The Goblet of Fire we are getting is supposed to be tall right?

The AC’s goblet uses a 2x2 cylinder as a footprint and looks to have 3 full bricks of height, plus a few plates and other spacers - so probably around 4 bricks in height total. It’s definitely around movie prop accurate size. 

1 hour ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

Yes they resurfaced yesterday, but interestingly they are not tagging their posts with #legoleaks. Now going on what they said before about people should have paid closer attention to the hashtags, then that means they're not actually 'leaking' anything. Either way, they are unreliable.

Remember the rumour that the CMF would have no 'rare' figures, ie just one per box? Was that one of KNN's fakes? 

3 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Remember the rumour that the CMF would have no 'rare' figures, ie just one per box? Was that one of KNN's fakes? 

We haven’t had a chase figure since the last WW series, so I doubt they’d bring back that unpopular idea :wink: Yes, I think he-who-shall-not-be-named was the one who claimed that, but we don’t need him to come to that conclusion

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes they resurfaced yesterday, but interestingly they are not tagging their posts with #legoleaks. Now going on what they said before about people should have paid closer attention to the hashtags, then that means they're not actually 'leaking' anything. Either way, they are unreliable.

More like they know that using #legoleaks will get a bunch of angry fans who take the miss-use of that tag very seriously dog piling them. The community doesn’t take kindly to fake leakers, and kingnono did not fall gracefully. He’s probably trying to fly under the radar by just using #harrypotterlego. All he’s done so far is hint at Diagon Alley (which we already knew about before he even started this the first time) and repost a couple of his old character hints with the actual character names added. Maybe he’s trying to play the same game with a different audience now that the D2C announcement is teased and more people are aware of it, maybe he just wants to remind people what his “leaks”/predictions were in hopes of seeming legitimate when some of them inevitably turn out to be true (as if being able to make educated guesses somehow makes your predictions real leaks). If he’s looking for respect from the legoleaks community he probably won’t get it. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

The AC’s goblet uses a 2x2 cylinder as a footprint and looks to have 3 full bricks of height, plus a few plates and other spacers - so probably around 4 bricks in height total. It’s definitely around movie prop accurate size. 

Yeah. Some people were saying it's too big. But I think they got the size down right.

I think in the book it's meant to be a small wooden goblet, but I like the more impressive design in the film.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

The VIP Q&A has ended.

I wonder how much time they've planned for sorting and selecting the questions. Hopefully, this really means that the reveal is very close. 

Does anyone else think the big D2C Diagon Alley reveal could be coming today? It’s the first day of San Diego Comic Con! Yesterday’s Advent Calendar pics felt like an appetizer for the main course we all have been waiting for.

1 minute ago, 8fifty said:

I wonder how much time they've planned for sorting and selecting the questions. Hopefully, this really means that the reveal is very close. 

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Does anyone else think the big D2C Diagon Alley reveal could be coming today? It’s the first day of San Diego Comic Con! Yesterday’s Advent Calendar pics felt like an appetizer for the main course we all have been waiting for.

Don’t forget the Grand Piano Ideas set, which should be revealed first :wink: I’m a bit miffed that one wasn’t unveiled yesterday, but then again, revealing a set one day prior to a big online convention would be quite silly. Here’s hoping for a reveal in the coming days! :excited: Maybe I’m too optimistic here, but I’d very happy if there was a new reveal for every day of SDCC@h. It’s probably better not to expect anything though, it is 2020 after all, where all hopes and dreams go to die :tongue:

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s probably better not to expect anything though, it is 2020 after all, where all hopes and dreams go to die :tongue:

Don't say that ?

10 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The MORTAL ENEMIES we made along the way

FTFY :tongue:

18 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Don't say that ?

Yeah, that probably was too pessimistic. Based on FalconFan’s reasoning a reveal during SDCC would make a lot of sense, but I just don’t want to be disappointed at the end of the week

I expect the D2C Diagon Alley to be revealed July 24th/25th like the Hogwarts Castle 2 years ago with the same release date

Edited by topiku
Spelling

I wish it were revealed this week... But has TLG ever made this many D2C reveals in such a short amount of time? The NES last week, the Ideas Piano any day now, and the DA very soon?

35 minutes ago, topiku said:

I expect the D2C Diagon Alley to be revealed July 24th/25th like the Hogwarts Castle 2 years ago with the same release date

I agree, that this is the most likely.  

July 31 would have been ideal, but JK Rowling has pissed off a lot of people, and the fact that she and Harry just happen to share a birthday is not exactly subtle.  

Most people can separate the art from the artist, but when they share the same birthday... :tongue: