Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, williejm said:

I mean, there’s no way there’s NOT going to be a new Durmstrang ship at some point, right? 

I hope so. People on IG are already speculating that the mini Durmstrung Ship build might be a hint that one is coming, but I personally just think they needed to do some minibuilds to fit the theme of GOF and it was an obvious choice and easy thing to replicate in mini scale. That being said, I do hope we get a Durmstrung Ship because the last model is not great, but the prices are ridiculous. After all, a lot of people who don't even like HP would probably be interested in another ship set so I think it would sell well.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

That’s an amazing calendar, well done :thumbup: And I’m really glad to see Cho instead of Krum! Speaking of which: time to throw legofan_33 to the sharks :tongue:

Already unfollowed. There's just no explaining this one away. Nobody can mistake Cho for Viktor. ?

55 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

On the down side there is no animals except a chocolate frog :hmpf_bad:

13 minutes ago, williejm said:

Big props @ Lego for 4 female characters to two male, *and* half of them not being white. Think the dresses look fantastic. Slightly sad that there’re no animals other than the chocolate frog, though. 

Is there a reason people are particularly dissappointed by the lack of animals? I agree it would be nice, but I don't think last year really set a precedent to expect them this year unless i'm mistaken? 

Are the micro or mini builds (whatever they are called) such as the ship and carriage useful to people with the D2C castle? Or are they a bit out of scale with it?

Edited by chris6507

Just now, chris6507 said:

Is there a reason people are particularly dissappointed by the lack of animals? I agree it would be nice, but I don't think last year really set a precedent to expect them this year unless i'm mistaken? 

I mean, it’s my schtick. That said, there do seem to be ‘less’ figures and a lack of animals in both the 2020 HP and City advent calendars. It’s been a long time since city advent didn’t come with a dog! And seriously - Harry is having Christmas without Hedwig?

Honeslty, this is my favourite advent calendar ever, with last year's being the second one.

Minifigures are better this time. While there are less exclusive minifigures (4 to 3), there are more exclusive characters (2 to 0). All of them look so good.

But honestly, this is the first time in an advent calendar where I think the builds are not just fine - they are amazing.

Goblet of fire, piano, gramophone (the best one in my opinion), table (2nd best one), couch (golden egg is a great detail), broom present and the chimney with both extensions are fantastic builds. 

This has to be one of the best AC ever

Both builds and minifigures are outstanding

So Krum has to be in CMF, right? to go with these

Maybe even Yule Ball Fleur. 

For those who don't do any major moc's to the sets like myself. What do you do with the small builds from the advent calendar? Have you found any particularly useful places within the current framework or the sets to add the advent calendar items? Do you just scatter them around your sets? Or take them apart and put them in the bag?

Particularly interested if anyone has any particularly good ideas of where to add them to the sets. I'd love to find a better use for some of the builds. But i've never liked things that aren't "attached" to my builds.

Just now, Robert8 said:

Why would Krum and Fleur be in the CMF? We already have them in their Yule Ball outfits in the Clocktower?

Just now, Robert8 said:

Why? They're already in the Clocktower

Just now, chris6507 said:

For those who don't do any major moc's to the sets like myself. What do you do with the small builds from the advent calendar? Have you found any particularly useful places within the current framework or the sets to add the advent calendar items? Do you just scatter them around your sets? Or take them apart and put them in the bag?

Particularly interested if anyone has any particularly good ideas of where to add them to the sets. I'd love to find a better use for some of the builds. But i've never liked things that aren't "attached" to my builds.

Whatever I can use I put in the castle, the rest just gets disassembled and sorted into my loose parts collection

Oh I forgot about them being in the Clocktower set

Nevermind then :laugh:

31 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Already unfollowed. There's just no explaining this one away. Nobody can mistake Cho for Viktor. ?

...and he apparently deleted his account :head_back: Another sad clown whose circus tent came crashing down

2 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

In the main group pic they have Hermione’s dress skirt piece on one of the twins 

I’ve noticed that as well! Whoopsie :laugh:

Have you realized that each year we get a different designed for the portkey/Triwizard Cup? How many designs can they do on that? ahahahaha

Can someone post a picture of the revealed AC on here (maybe in spoiler tags)? My work has weird filters and won't let me get on promobricks/stonewars/etc. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

...and he apparently deleted his account :head_back: Another sad clown whose circus tent came crashing down

Yep. kingnono is back though. Or at least an impersonator if nothing else: Tap, tap, tap ... tap, tap.  Hhm very insightful :sarcasm:

2 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

Have you realized that each year we get a different designed for the portkey/Triwizard Cup? How many designs can they do on that? ahahahaha

At least one more probably. ?

6 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Can someone post a picture of the revealed AC on here (maybe in spoiler tags)? My work has weird filters and won't let me get on promobricks/stonewars/etc. Thanks!

I've PM'd you :)

Anyone else finding that the Lego VIP HP question link isn't working? I just went to check if it was still up to see if they had closed it yet, and the image and text is still there, but if you click the link to ask a question you just get a blank page. So I'm presuming they have shut it down now. Hopefully they are now sorting the questions.

I really like the new AC. Love the new minifigures and with the Patil-twins being done this way, there is no debate on if Padma Patil should be Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. 

Edited by mark1991t

Just now, mark1991t said:

I really like the new AC. Love the new minifigures and with the Patil-twins being done this way, there is no debate on if Padma Patil should be Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. 

There wouldn't be a debate anyway, she's a Gryffindor in the movies so she would be a Gryffindor in the sets as well :shrug_oh_well:

33 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

In the main group pic they have Hermione’s dress skirt piece on one of the twins 

I don't think they do. One of the twins has a dress piece the same colour, but it's not the same print. I don't see it wrong in any of the photos ?

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

2 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Its definitely Hermiones dress piece in that photo. 

Yeah sorry @Lego-Freak just showed me. I thought you meant the main photo with all the builds. I hadn't seen the banner photo.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Woah, Cho is a welcome surprise! I really wanted her to come in the AC but I thought the female to male ratio didn’t seem likely (I had no argument whatsoever and I’m glad LEGO shut my mouth).

Plus, I love the builds! I could’ve sworn the twins had dumbledore’s hairpiece, but damn small images really make you go insane. Also, double expression for the twins :D

11 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Woah, Cho is a welcome surprise! I really wanted her to come in the AC but I thought the female to male ratio didn’t seem likely (I had no argument whatsoever and I’m glad LEGO shut my mouth).

Plus, I love the builds! I could’ve sworn the twins had dumbledore’s hairpiece, but damn small images really make you go insane. Also, double expression for the twins :D

I'm glad the twins have dual expressions so they can each be individualised. The centaurs have Dumbledore's hairpiece in black.

Edited by BacktoBricks

My opinions on the new Advent Calender:

Not a fan of so many repeated minifigures, but the new ones look okay. I'm glad there is the inverted colours for the Patil twins dresses. Cho's outfit is good, but with the darker skin tone I keep thinking she's one of the Patils.

I like the musical builds of the piano (from the Yule Ball scene) and the oversized grama phone.

The Christmas trees and presents are a bit bland, but that's to be expected.

I do like the Gryffindor common room bits with a fireplace and there red sofa. The wrapped up Broomstick is a nice touch too.

I really like the micro builds of Hogwarts castle, the Beaubaton carriage and the Durmstrang ship that's a great little build. The goblet of fire's a nice design as well.

Another Triwizard cup though? We had perfectly good ones in the CMF series and the Rise of Voldemort set, so to have another that's just too big as well is a bit annoying.

Overall, nice ideas and some fun builds. Only a couple of good minifigures though.

GUYS......... I note that the cho minifig is so great but if we look the details, it look like a strange fig because it's the Cho's head in Ginny's outfit (Cho's dress in the movie is grey)... Look :

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/30/c131.png

EDIT : ok, it's probably the colour, sorry for this comment :-/   :pir-murder:

Edited by BRIX LIFE

2 minutes ago, BRIX LIFE said:

GUYS......... I note that the cho minifig is so great but if we look the details, it look like a strange fig because it's the Cho's head in Ginny's outfit (Cho's dress in the movie is grey)... Look :

Uh oh, looking at google images they probably used mattel’s doll as a reference lol