Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

The advent calendar has been revealed. Both twins and Cho in her dress, Looks great. All have the dress printed on a brick like Hermione. I think Cho is my favourite figure, all the other builds look great as well. Must buy. 

Edited by Micmac

WAW !

To be complete, they forgot karkaroff in yule ball suit and Fleur guest (don't remember his name) but .... waw, patil twins and Cho looks amazing !

And some of the goodies are so cool, good surprise for me...

Edited by BRIX LIFE

Nice that they include a golden egg so that's another way to get that piece. The Yule Bule tile is also a niche print. The mini Beauxbaton Carriage reminds me of Star Wars Advent Calendar with the mini builds.

Ooh I love this, definetely one of the best AC's LEGO has ever produced! The Patil twins and Cho look lovely, especially Harry is a nice figure to get another one of. Builds are cute, prints are great!

CMF should be launched earlier than Advent Calender, rite? Why won't the rest of the CMF leak already.

Great Patil twins and Cho Chang minifigs!

The builds for this AC all look amazing but I‘m kinda disappointed in the minifigure selection :/ 

Love the advent calendar: a couple things that struck me as interesting. First off - a new build for the goblet of fire- and it looks beautiful, IMO it looks REALLY good! So I’m stoked about that. Peculiarly ANOTHER triwizard cup, that’s the third one in the last three years of the wave. One which was a mould for Cedric, which didn’t really have the right coloring or shape, the graveyard duel one which I thought was fantastic, had the colours and the shape, just lacked printing but I didn’t really mind- and then this one- which I personally think is too big, but nice I guess. The figs are amazing and k love the builds- they really add to the set

13 minutes ago, topiku said:

The builds for this AC all look amazing but I‘m kinda disappointed in the minifigure selection :/ 

Why? It does have three exclusive minifigs (8 exclusive prints). The last one only had two * new torso prints (Flitwick and Hermione), 1 "1/2" new face prints (Flitwick and technically McGonagall) + the beard recolour (rest of the architect were all existing pieces)

Edit:

* Forgot the two new torso print for the chrsitmas sweaters. = 4 new torso prints

Edited by Metanoios91

9 minutes ago, topiku said:

There is the argument of course that last year's calendar included 6 minifigures (7 if you count the golden architect statue) and 4 out of those were exclusive. Whereas this year's calendar has  6 minifigures, but only 3 are exclusive. So on the surface it looks like a 'downgrade' in that respect. But if Lego want to include all of the main trio in a calendar, then that only left room for three other characters with fresh outfits this time because of the subject matter of the calendar. However, last time the trio included new prints so there was more room for different minifigures. Print wise though, there are as many new prints because the exclusive figures have both new torso and leg/skirt prints.

3 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Why? It does have three exclusive minifigs (8 exclusive prints). The last one only had two new torso print (Flitwick and Hermione), 1 "1/2" new face print (Flitwick and technically McGonagall) + the beard recolour (rest of the architect were all existing pieces)

The last one had four new torso prints - Harry and Ron's jumpers were also new.

Edited by BacktoBricks

I think the AC for this year is more solid than the previous one. Parvati and Padma along with Cho are very obscure variants that I really love. I would have loved to see a 4th exclusive figure like in the 2019 AC but the builds are very cute so... :D

12 minutes ago, topiku said:

Three exclusive characters that you would not get otherwise, I think that's great for an Advent calendar. But I suppose if you are not into the Yule ball its a bit of a bummer. It would have been cool to get an adult, Krakaroff would have been amazing.

Edited by Micmac

Just now, Micmac said:

Three exclusive characters that you would not get otherwise, I think that's great for an Advent calendar. But I suppose if you are not into the Yule ball its a bit of a bummer. 

Yeah you're right, but I prefer screen accurate christmas figures these first waves rather than what they do with Star Wars...

Ooh! Repeats of Harry, Ron and Hermione, sure, expected those, but the Parvatis and Cho in those gorgeous dresses I certainly did not! Looking forward to this one for sure!

Just now, AdriWho said:

Yeah you're right, but I prefer screen accurate christmas figures these first waves rather than what they do with Star Wars...

Me too. It's too early in the line for random Christmas prints for me - Harry and Ron's Christmas jumpers were cool last year because they were screen (and book) based. I'm not into the Christmas figures with SW either, but I can see why people like them for MOCs and things.

This is great :sweet:
I was hoping for the Patil twins and prefer Cho over Krum, so excellent!
Even 4 females and only 2 males that is nice :thumbup:

On the down side there is no animals except a chocolate frog :hmpf_bad:

1 set down, 2 to go :excited:

Well I'm definitely agree that the new minifigures are 100x better than last years. To be honest, last years figures were particularly boring. Flitwick took his jacket off. Hermione had a slightly shorter scarf than CMF dean thomas and Harry and Ron just had torsos with a big letter on them. So to get two completely exclusive, don't exist in any other form characters and another in a fully printed new outfit is amazing. Builds are all a bit meh! But when does an advent calendar ever have an exciting build?

Looking at the builds, 50%-60% of them are actually just slight variations on builds from last years advent calendar.

I love new Goblet of Fire even though it’s a little oversized. Much better than the version in the Clocktower. I definitely don’t think we need anymore renditions of the Triwizard Cup though. I like the Rise Of Voldemort version better than this one. I’m glad they’re acknowledging the Durmstrang Ship as well

Big props @ Lego for 4 female characters to two male, *and* half of them not being white. Think the dresses look fantastic. Slightly sad that there’re no animals other than the chocolate frog, though. 

Please Lego, we really need a new Karkaroff fig (like Gilderoy), the only one we got is the one with the durmstrang boat.... in 2005 :/

Just now, BRIX LIFE said:

Please Lego, we really need a new Karkaroff fig (like Gilderoy), the only one we got is the one with the durmstrang boat.... in 2005 :/

I mean, there’s no way there’s NOT going to be a new Durmstrang ship at some point, right? 

That’s an amazing calendar, well done :thumbup: And I’m really glad to see Cho instead of Krum! Speaking of which: time to throw legofan_33 to the sharks :tongue: