Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

41 minutes ago, klinton said:

It's not. It's on the other side of the wall, on a muggle street. It's no more on Dagon Alley than any of of the shoppes on Nocturne Alley.

Wrong:

''The Leaky Cauldron was there long before Charing Cross Road was even planned; it's true adress is number one, Diagon Alley, and it is believed to have been built some time in the early 1500s, along with the rest of the wizarding street.'' - JK Rowling, wizardingworld.com (formerly Pottermore)

Lego has officially revealed the Harry Potter Advent calendar in a new catalogue.

It's just the same image that leaked a while back, but this does suggest that the full reveal could be coming very soon......

Link to the catalogue is here: https://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/2hy2020/bc-2hy-2020-aus/#/

Thanks to @PotterMinifigPals for the heads up.

When I saw there were four new pages in this thread I thought for sure that something bigger than another minifigure must have leaked, but nope. 
I’m not at all surprised to see Harry in his PS/SS outfit, since it’s what he wears in some pretty iconic scenes - most notably in Ollivander’s when he gets his wand. I’m slightly more surprised that we get an exclusive face print for him, but not horribly shocked that they’re combining his first and second movie appearances for the set, since I recall some of us discussing the likelihood of getting PS/SS Harry and CoS Ron and Hermione since Harry’s outfit from CoS is fairly plain. 
I wouldn’t say the sooty face and broken glasses is a guarantee of getting Borgin & Burke’s though, just like Fortescue isn’t guaranteeing the ice cream parlor. After all there’s a notable scene where Hagrid drops Harry off in the main Alley and Hermione fixes his glasses, and his face remains sooty for his entire encounter with Lockhart. It could also be like Gabrielle’s sleeping face where they plan to possibly use it in another set in the future (we know, after all, that LEGO’s entirely willing to reuse face prints from D2Cs, since we’ve gotten Molly Weasley with Helga Hufflepuff’s face). 
I’m not too worried about not getting WWW. After all, this Harry figure combines two different movies, and his outfit is automatically not going to match Ron’s and Hermione’s. If Lego isn’t worried about a non-matching trio I don’t see why they worry about Harry’s age matching every single shop on the street - they were never going to give us five Harrys so  there were always going to be shops where there isn’t a Harry wearing the outfit from the same movie the shop was in. 
I feel like this pretty much underlines the guarantee of getting Hagrid and Ollivander, and severely increases the likelihood of getting Lockhart. 

2 minutes ago, TangyGecko said:

Lego has officially revealed the Harry Potter Advent calendar in a new catalogue.

It's just the same image that leaked a while back, but this does suggest that the full reveal could be coming very soon......

Link to the catalogue is here: https://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/2hy2020/bc-2hy-2020-aus/#/

Thanks to @PotterMinifigPals for the heads up.

Those catalogues have been out for 2 weeks now btw which translates to probably 30 pages ago or something. :P

1 minute ago, Salix said:

Those catalogues have been out for 2 weeks now btw which translates to probably 30 pages ago or something. :P

Ah, thought I was onto something there.:grin:

Oh man you guys scared me with the negativity on this last page. I would feel much worse if I was a big WWW fan (honestly I don't really like the look of WWW with the rest of DA).

The alternate face does concern me a bit though about B&B. That's not really DA, and I would rather have a super fleshed out DA than something more akin to the 2011 set.

Also, for inspiration, I was looking through #legoharrypotter on Instagram and came across this awesome MOC! This is exactly the vibe I'm looking for for the set.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCl41hFJaMD/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Regarding the DA/KA discussion: @Yope brings up a good point in that we don‘t know the official name of the set yet. For all we know, it could be called „Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley“. Sounds a bit clunky admittedly, but I‘ve seen worse titles :grin: I hope the next leak, whenever it may occur, clears the situation up a bit

Good Point and I haven't seen any official announcement anywhere. Though maybe its all how you pronounce the name? Like harry in COS haha

@Guyon2002 may have more info though?

That torso print is amazing! And I love the new face variant, we really needed it. Perhaps the face is just like a 2 in 1 to give us a taste of this and that. Like Gabrielle as some of you said... maybe they never planned a lake task set but they gave us that “easter egg” so we could recreate the  scene if we wanted. And since it’s a 2nd expression it doesn’t affect any accuracy to the scene the set depicts I guess :def_shrug:

I know the wizarding world at universal also calls it "Diagon Alley" but has knockturn alley as well.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wrong:

''The Leaky Cauldron was there long before Charing Cross Road was even planned; it's true adress is number one, Diagon Alley, and it is believed to have been built some time in the early 1500s, along with the rest of the wizarding street.'' - JK Rowling, wizardingworld.com (formerly Pottermore)

Ah, I stand corrected. I've only just started reading the Pottermore books this week (I wasn't even award they existed until Saturday, hahaha). The story of McGonagall's life is my favorite so far. Thanks for the correction. :)

Ahhh! The Harry minifig is so awesome!

I know in the films, B&B is pretty deep in Knockturn Alley. If the entrance to Knockturn Alley is to the left of Gringotts...I imagine TLG could put the shop just at then end of the DA set to the left of Gringotts....so maybe we will be getting B&B.

I mean if you think about it, what other expression could they give Harry? The first one shows the joy and wonder. Maybe like a confused face when Olivander discusses the wands? The knockturn alley face could just be a nod to CoS.

1 hour ago, Modal said:

I mean if you think about it, what other expression could they give Harry? The first one shows the joy and wonder. Maybe like a confused face when Olivander discusses the wands? The knockturn alley face could just be a nod to CoS.

i could see a shocked/surprised face for after he tests out the first wand 

1 hour ago, jwhitney said:

@Guyon2002 may have more info though?

I don't have any inside information regarding DA anymore, I was just echoing something Minilegogo himself said :wink: 

1 hour ago, klinton said:

Ah, I stand corrected. I've only just started reading the Pottermore books this week (I wasn't even award they existed until Saturday, hahaha). The story of McGonagall's life is my favorite so far. Thanks for the correction. :)

No problem, just wanted to show you how your statement was canonically incorrect :laugh: The Pottermore articles are very interesting, I'd highly recommend them!

Not sure why this never occured to me but remember how a lot of CMF figures are made with past and future sets in mind? Take a look at this pic from DH's Gringotts break-in and then at CMF2 Harry. If they are going for Universal Studios' ''Ironbelly on Gringotts' roof'' thing they could give us these Ron and Hermione variants and let the CMF fill in the gap left by Harry. Or they could reuse that exact CMF figure next year in a seperate Gringotts Escape set :shrug_oh_well:

Break-in of Gringotts Wizarding Bank (1998) | Harry Potter Wiki ...

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not sure why this never occured to me but remember how a lot of CMF figures are made with past and future sets in mind? Take a look at this pic from DH's Gringotts break-in and then at CMF2 Harry. If they are going for Universal Studios' ''Ironbelly on Gringotts' roof'' thing they could give us these Ron and Hermione variants and let the CMF fill in the gap left by Harry. Or they could reuse that exact CMF figure next year in a seperate Gringotts Escape set :shrug_oh_well:

Break-in of Gringotts Wizarding Bank (1998) | Harry Potter Wiki ...

I think the latter is the more likely scenario. I have a feeling we will be getting an “Escape from Gringott’s” set with the Ukrainian Ironbelly and maybe some rollercoaster tracks with a minecart as an add-on next year. Something like the LotR Smaug set (but with a brickbuilt dragon). I doubt it will be marketed as an add-on to the D2C Diagon Alley set, but I imagine anyone who buys the D2C will want it so they can display the dragon atop Gringott’s like it is at Universal Studios.

I was just thinking that DA will be an adult targeted set, because of the price/ brickcount. Since the ‘release’ of the that line they have a press release halfway each month for a new adult set which releases the first of the next month. Like the recent NES press release, but same goes for the Crocodile train, Mickey & Minnie and Haunted House. So it’s quite likely we’ll see a press release of the DA in four weeks, with pictures of the set leaking a week or two in advance..

17 minutes ago, kciR said:

I was just thinking that DA will be an adult targeted set, because of the price/ brickcount. Since the ‘release’ of the that line they have a press release halfway each month for a new adult set which releases the first of the next month. Like the recent NES press release, but same goes for the Crocodile train, Mickey & Minnie and Haunted House. So it’s quite likely we’ll see a press release of the DA in four weeks, with pictures of the set leaking a week or two in advance..

I wouldn’t count on early leaked pictures - just look at the recently announced Nintendo set. Not a hint it even existed until the same day it was announced on Lego’s social media. As it is we’re super lucky to be getting leaked minifigures that confirm the set even exists. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

I wouldn’t count on early leaked pictures - just look at the recently announced Nintendo set. Not a hint it even existed until the same day it was announced on Lego’s social media. As it is we’re super lucky to be getting leaked minifigures that confirm the set even exists. 

I would say its different. Like you said, there wasn't even a hint at the NES, yet we have had DA "confirmed" for over a month. On top of that, there were no leaks for the NES before this week, but we already have 2 figs leaked. Maybe im wrong but It just seems like the situation is very different. 

Edited by Surge

Just now, Surge said:

but we already have 2 figs leaked

The NES set doesn’t have any figures to leak, or anything all that much to leak tbh, I know obviously we didn’t know about it, but I don’t really the think the 2 can be compared tbh

36 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

The NES set doesn’t have any figures to leak, or anything all that much to leak tbh, I know obviously we didn’t know about it, but I don’t really the think the 2 can be compared tbh

True. The only thing i would assume could have leaked is the Mario, but as far as I know parts very rarely leak

2 hours ago, Surge said:

I would say its different. Like you said, there wasn't even a hint at the NES, yet we have had DA "confirmed" for over a month. On top of that, there were no leaks for the NES before this week, but we already have 2 figs leaked. Maybe im wrong but It just seems like the situation is very different. 

Just because we were lucky enough to get some leaks doesn’t mean we automatically get more. And I was more specifically referring to pictures of the box art leaking, which hasn’t really been happening much with D2Cs lately. The post I responded to specifically said they thought we’d see set pictures leak two weeks in advance of the official announcement and that just hasn’t been happening, so getting hyped at the possibility is a bad idea. 

Personally this is what I want out of the Diagon Alley set.

This set to have:

PS: Ollivanders: with some play functions like a shelf breaking in two.

Gringotts: More of a façade, with less to it than the others.

CS: Flourish and Blotts: With Gilderoy Lockhart and a few new book prints (Magical Me, Travells with trolls etc)

PA: The Leaky Cauldron: with Sirius Black posters.

Then I hope they can make another Diagon Alley set with:

HBP: Weasley Wizarding Wheezes: With Fred and George, lots of colour and references.

HBP: Borgin and Burke: with the vanishing cabinet and maybe new prints for Bellatrix or Draco.

DH1: Gringotts: again, but this version could clip onto the first design and have the Ukrainian Ironbelly.