Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Okay thanks. Could you say if they meant that this is the only Harry, as in not another COS flu powder version as well as this PS one, or did they mean not another Harry at all?

Not entirely sure but this should at least be the only small Harry

Just now, Yope said:

As for other inclusions, I still think we'll get a WWW.  Otherwise it would be strange for there to still be no Fred and George figures.

Good point, there has to be a reason they‘ve been absent up to this point :classic: However, they also could save them up for a DH set. Or the worst option yet: them wasting one or two CMF spots :laugh:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Good point, there has to be a reason they‘ve been absent up to this point :classic: However, they also could save them up for a DH set. Or the worst option yet: them wasting one or two CMF spots :laugh:

It would be pretty weird to save them for the movie in which one of them dies *huh*

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I think the designers of the D2C Diagon Alley are going to try to capture that initial sense of magic and wonder from Harry’s first experiences (PS and COS) in Diagon Alley:

The Leaky Cauldron with the moving wall and the rando witches and wizards, Quality Quidditch Supplies with a Nimbus 2000 in the window, Ollivander’s with some kind of wand magic action, Flourish & Blotts with Lockhart amidst the towering stacks of books, Gringott’s with the massive chandelier and the rows of Goblins, flying owls and bats, push carts with butter beer and ice cream, and, yes, even a hint of Knockturn Alley.

I agree with this, but do not think they will go for any additions later since that is hard to justify with such a expensive set :sceptic: Still think there is a 60% chance for a WWW is included :wink:

Am I remembering incorrectly or was there a "leak" a while ago of a PoA Harry (the same as the Knight Bus/Expecto Patronum set but with dark grey mid-legs)? Presumably it wasn't a fake as there haven't been mid-legs in dark grey?

Just now, Yope said:

Am I remembering incorrectly or was there a "leak" a while ago of a PoA Harry (the same as the Knight Bus/Expecto Patronum set but with dark grey mid-legs)? Presumably it wasn't a fake as there haven't been mid-legs in dark grey?

We have no way of knowing wether or not that was real but it's most likely fake as it was way too soon for anything physical too leak. Mid-legs do actually exist in dark grey (Hagrid's hut for example)

Just now, Yope said:

There was. But there have been mid legs in dark grey; Ron has them in the Hagrid's Hut set.

@Guyon2002 @BacktoBricks Thanks both. I like that they've combined both PS and CoS Harrys into one fig.  In a set this size we'll surely get Ron and Hermione so I expect they might be in their CoS outfits so that they are the same height as Harry (unless we get all three at an older age eg HBP).

So excited to see what else leaks in the coming days.  I have my fingers crossed for a Tom the barman next.

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

5000 parts is a bit too optimistic I think. Sure, 71043 had over 6000, but that was microscale. I‘d expect between 3500 and 4000 pieces for this set :wink:

Maybe, but microscale with quite a few big parts, 4 minifigs and a ton of printed nanofigs so I am still hopeful :blush:

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would be pretty weird to save them for the movie in which one of them dies *huh*

True, but it’s easier to tell the DH versions apart thanks to their different outfits :tongue: Could be a set based on part 1 instead to avoid the death scene

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I agree with this, but do not think they will go for any additions later since that is hard to justify with such a expensive set :sceptic: Still think there is a 60% chance for a WWW is included :wink:

Agreed. Some people may feel swindled if TLG release an add-on, say next year. There’s a reason D2C sets always stand on their own, unless it’s for added functionality, such as motorising functions or interactivity with the Mario figure :classic:

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

True, but it’s easier to tell the DH versions apart thanks to their different outfits :tongue: Could be a set based on part 1 instead to avoid the death scene

Agreed. Some people may feel swindled if TLG release an add-on, say next year. There’s a reason D2C sets always stand on their own, unless it’s for added functionality, such as motorising functions or interactivity with the Mario figure :classic:

Personally, I would be very happy with add-ons. Otherwise we would probably only get the iconic shops and nothing more. This way we would get a full Diagon Alley with a lot of nice shops and then some add on shops that could easily sell by themselves like WWW and B&B. I would love that

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally, I would be very happy with add-ons. Otherwise we would probably only get the iconic shops and nothing more. This way we would get a full Diagon Alley with a lot of nice shops and then some add on shops that could easily sell by themselves like WWW and B&B. I would love that

I agree. And I wouldn’t feel cheated at all. An add-on or two would just be value-added to my $400 investment. I’d be happy if LEGO gave us a fully-realized PS / COS Diagon Alley as the D2C - sparing no expense and including iconic settings like the Leaky Cauldron. And, next year, I would definitely still pay $70-$100 for a fully-realized WWW and $50-$70 for a play set expansion of Gringott’s that included the Ukrainian Ironbelly. To be clear, I think we are almost guaranteed to get Gringott’s in the D2C, but I doubt it will include the dungeon and dragon.

27 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I agree. And I wouldn’t feel cheated at all. An add-on or two would just be value-added to my $400 investment. I’d be happy if LEGO gave us a fully-realized PS / COS Diagon Alley as the D2C - sparing no expense and including iconic settings like the Leaky Cauldron. And, next year, I would definitely still pay $70-$100 for a fully-realized WWW and $50-$70 for a play set expansion of Gringott’s that included the Ukrainian Ironbelly. To be clear, I think we are almost guaranteed to get Gringott’s in the D2C, but I doubt it will include the dungeon and dragon.

A Gringotts add-on from DH would so perfect. The D2C has to include Gringotts, but a playset from DH with the Ironbelly would be amazing as an add-on 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not always. Ninjago City saw an expansion with the docks.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a nice variant but I'm disappointed as this basically confirms Borgin and Burkes. I'd love to see it someday but B&B really doesn't have a place in this set, like at all....

Since we don't really know what the real set is though we can't say if it does or doesn't have a place. they could do different sets of the Diagon Alley set over the next couple years maybe?

Just now, klinton said:

Yeah, but the sets still stand on their own. Obviously an extra DA building could also stand on its own but not to the extent that the Ninjago City sets could in my opinion. 

Love the new Harry fig that leaked, though I am getting nervous about WWW’s inclusion. Hopefully soon a figure from HBP will leak, to lead more credence towards its presence in the D2C

1 minute ago, klinton said:

Depends of course on how it is made so it is possible and I would not mind, but I would not say it is the most likely senario :shrug_oh_well:

15 minutes ago, jwhitney said:

Since we don't really know what the real set is though we can't say if it does or doesn't have a place. they could do different sets of the Diagon Alley set over the next couple years maybe?

We know the set is Diagon Alley, Borgin and Burkes isn't in Diagon Alley. Therefore one can say B&B doesn't have a place in this set. I know I'll love it when I get my hands on it but I would prefer a shop that's actually part of DA. 

Regarding the DA/KA discussion: @Yope brings up a good point in that we don‘t know the official name of the set yet. For all we know, it could be called „Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley“. Sounds a bit clunky admittedly, but I‘ve seen worse titles :grin: I hope the next leak, whenever it may occur, clears the situation up a bit

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same here, at least the Leaky Cauldron actually IS in Diagon Alley. B&B has no place in this set imo. 

It's not. It's on the other side of the wall, on a muggle street. It's no more on Dagon Alley than any of of the shoppes on Nocturne Alley.

Then maybe the hint with 75978 and Diagon Alley is not the same was true^^

2 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

Not too excited about that latest Harry figure, which scene is it from?

Clothes from Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone (first visit to Diagon Alley), sooty face print from Chamber of Secrets (after going through the Floo Powder)

Edited by Holden Brickfield