Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Thanks Professor Quirrel. Yeah I honestly didn’t notice the torso was from PS until I saw someone else post about it. I’m very curious to see if it’s the wrong face on this torso and it actually comes with multiple Harrys, or if it’s correct and this is their way of combining the variants

According to Minilegogo himself this is the only one

Personally, I would love for B&B to be included but I would also be fine with it as a standalone set down the line. The sooty face may not mean it’s included though, it may just be a nod to The Burrow set. I’m more worried about WWW not being included. I’ll worry until I see something that indicates the later movies are present in this set

9 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Wait... so it's Philosophers Stone outfit with Chamber of Secrets face?

That's what I was thinking, as I was sure he wasn't wearing Dudley's old clothes in Cos at Borgin and Burkes.

Is it too much for me to hope for a Vanishing Cabinet built in Borgin and Burkes, as there wasn't one in the Astronomy Tower set?

I'd say chances of B&B being included gone up, but it's no way certain. If it is, I'm sure it'll be a very nice. 

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Thanks Professor Quirrel. Yeah I honestly didn’t notice the torso was from PS until I saw someone else post about it. I’m very curious to see if it’s the wrong face on this torso and it actually comes with multiple Harrys, or if it’s correct and this is their way of combining the variants

Sorry I couldn't resist :classic: Glad you caught the reference. True Potterhead. Me too. Harry in his polo neck when he goes through the flu powder in COS is very memorable to me, but they couldn't recreate the high neck exactly with printing. It would seem off to me to use the flu powder face with this torso though.

Edited by BacktoBricks

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Makes sense, never understood the need for more than one of each character in a set :wink:

Judging by the two figures leaked, I think this DA set might only be based off the first three films. So maybe just: Gringotts, Ollivanders, the Leaky Cauldron and maybe Flourish and Blotts

They could always make Borgin and Burkes with Weasley Wizarding Wheezes later as both are in HBP. 

The way I see it, this is the ultimate Diagon Alley set and as such it makes sense to include everything they can in there, even if it‘s not technically accurate to include a shop from Nockturn Alley :shrug_oh_well: Hasn‘t stopped them the last time  either

Just now, Roebuck said:

Makes sense, never understood the need for more than one of each character in a set :wink:

For some sets, it does make sense to have multiple versions. The Cloud City set for instance would be weird if the second Han and Leis versions were missing since their outfits are each iconic to specific scenes depicted in the set 

If there isn’t a Harry variant from HBP, I would definitely worry about WWW

Well, on one side the sets so far have been very movie accurate, on the other side this is a D2C and the first one had scenes from several films :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

Judging by the two figures leaked, I think this DA set might only be based off the first three films. So maybe just: Gringotts, Ollivanders, the Leaky Cauldron and maybe Flourish and Blotts

They could always make Borgin and Burkes with Weasley Wizarding Wheezes later as both are in HBP. 

You may be right. I’ll wait to jump to any conclusions but without a Harry variant from the later films, I don’t see WWW happening. I hope to be proven wrong. If WWW is not included, a lot of people will be very disappointed and complain about the set. I can understand the disappointment, thatbis one of the most exciting potential aspects of this set. I’ll still buy it no matter what though

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This implies they know the whole minifig roster :oh3: Then I hope the rest will be revealed soon as well :thumbup:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The way I see it, this is the ultimate Diagon Alley set and as such it makes sense to include everything they can in there, even if it‘s not technically accurate to include a shop from Nockturn Alley :shrug_oh_well: Hasn‘t stopped them the last time  either

It could work with the brickwall (and maybe a LC) on one side of the street and then a small alley and B&B on the other side :classic:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

For some sets, it does make sense to have multiple versions. The Cloud City set for instance would be weird if the second Han and Leis versions were missing since their outfits are each iconic to specific scenes depicted in the set 

Only SW that has done it right?! They do a lot of strange things :tongue:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave Harry a black cloth cloak element to put over the PS torso to represent his COS look.

11 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Where does he say this? I can't find it.

Private messages

Honestly I would take the Leaky Cauldron over B&B

Same here, at least the Leaky Cauldron actually IS in Diagon Alley. B&B has no place in this set imo. 

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly I would take the Leaky Cauldron over B&B

Why not both? :shrug_oh_well: If they really set the focus primarily on the first couple of films, WWW would be the only shop we have to worry about, the rest should be fair game

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ll wait to jump to any conclusions but without a Harry variant from the later films, I don’t see WWW happening. I hope to be proven wrong. If WWW is not included, a lot of people will be very disappointed and complain about the set. I can understand the disappointment, that is one of the most exciting potential aspects of this set. I’ll still buy it no matter what though

I agree. It was an unpopular prediction when I first shared it here, but I’ve seriously doubted we will get WWW from the beginning. I, too, hope to be proven wrong but, in my mind, WWW makes much more sense as a stand-alone set with HBP minifigs that can be connected to the D2C next year. 

I think the designers of the D2C Diagon Alley are going to try to capture that initial sense of magic and wonder from Harry’s first experiences (PS and COS) in Diagon Alley:

The Leaky Cauldron with the moving wall and the rando witches and wizards, Quality Quidditch Supplies with a Nimbus 2000 in the window, Ollivander’s with some kind of wand magic action, Flourish & Blotts with Lockhart amidst the towering stacks of books, Gringott’s with the massive chandelier and the rows of Goblins, flying owls and bats, push carts with butter beer and ice cream, and, yes, even a hint of Knockturn Alley.

I, for one, am stoked that we are possibly getting Borgin and Burkes. It means we could also be getting a new Lucius, Borgin, and that creepyass Knockturn Alley witch that asks Harry “Not lost are you my dear?” She’s my favorite. :laugh:

Edited by sebastian666

Ooh, that new Harry looks great!:oh3: Hope we'll get more leaks soon!

And it looks like the chances of a Borgin minifigure just went up!

I suppose the confirmed setting of at least the first two movies also means Flourish and Blotts is very likely. New Lucius and Lockhart Minifigs please.:excited:

On 7/11/2020 at 10:20 AM, sammy_zammy said:

Ignore the random quote box......

Edited by TangyGecko
Clarity

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Why not both? :shrug_oh_well: If they really set the focus primarily on the first couple of films, WWW would be the only shop we have to worry about, the rest should be fair game

Or all 3, if the buildings use a average of 500 bricks and the set has over 5000 parts we could get 10 buildings after all :grin:

Excellent figure, I'm starting to care just as much for different variations as new characters.  Especially when they're given this much detail.

This would also seem to imply that B&B is included.  I for one have no issue with it technically being a narrow passage away from Diagon Alley, it's immediately connected to the Diagon Alley scenes and is a shop that we see the interior of.  Is it just that the name of the set is supposedly "Diagon Alley" and not "Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley" that puts people off?  I think it would be an interesting build with a nice interior.

As for other inclusions, I still think we'll get a WWW.  Otherwise it would be strange for there to still be no Fred and George figures.

Just now, Roebuck said:

Or all 3, if the buildings use a average of 500 bricks and the set has over 5000 parts we could get 10 buildings after all :grin:

5000 parts is a bit too optimistic I think. Sure, 71043 had over 6000, but that was microscale. I‘d expect between 3500 and 4000 pieces for this set :wink:

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Private messages

Same here, at least the Leaky Cauldron actually IS in Diagon Alley. B&B has no place in this set imo. 

Okay thanks. Could you say if they meant that this is the only Harry, as in not another COS flu powder version as well as this PS one, or did they mean not another Harry at all?