Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Could it be that this figure will be included in the GWP? Like the Diagon Alley with Ollivander when the previous UCS was released.

You might be onto something there...like maybe the GWP could be a small ice cream parlor-themed add-on to the main set, so it wouldn’t take up any pieces from the D2C. Plus, is it more likely that a figure from the GWP would leak than one from the D2C?

1 minute ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Could it be that this figure will be included in the GWP? Like the Diagon Alley with Ollivander when the previous UCS was released.

Not likely. This character is only featured in Diagon Alley, and there won't be another DA GWP.

The only chance is a polybag, but I don't see them including such a minor character in a polybag.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not likely. This character is only featured in Diagon Alley, and there won't be another DA GWP.

The only chance is a polybag, but I don't see them including such a minor character in a polybag.

Perhaps they could do a different section of Diagon Alley? Maybe that way with each GWP we will get a piece of Diagon Alley and when the theme has run its course we will have a microscale Diagon Alley to fit in with the microscale Hogwarts.

12 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Perhaps they could do a different section of Diagon Alley? Maybe that way with each GWP we will get a piece of Diagon Alley and when the theme has run its course we will have a microscale Diagon Alley to fit in with the microscale Hogwarts.

It‘s not impossible, but also not very likely :wink: We don‘t know if there even will be a GWP set this year and if there is one, I doubt it‘ll be an add-on to an existing GWP set.

Besides: Occam‘s razor, ‘nuff said :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I hope the fact that we are getting obscure characters like Florian in the D2C means there's a chance Mr Borgin from the deleted scenes will be included. Although it would be the first time a deleted scenes HP character has appeared as a minifigure since Peeves (I believe), which makes it  somewhat unlikely. if Borgin and Burkes is indeed included, it just wouldn't feel complete without a minifigure of him.

He shouldn't be too hard to replicate in minifigure form either:image.jpeg.1cf0101985ca61d25f2c7c43fb9312d5.jpeg

41 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Nope, they don't recolor pieces for GWP's. Fortescue's new haircolor is a big red flag against that idea. 

13 minutes ago, TangyGecko said:

I hope the fact that we are getting obscure characters like Florian in the D2C means there's a chance Mr Borgin from the deleted scenes will be included. Although it would be the first time a deleted scenes HP character has appeared as a minifigure since Peeves (I believe), which makes it  somewhat unlikely. if Borgin and Burkes is indeed included, it just wouldn't feel complete without a minifigure of him.

He shouldn't be too hard to replicate in minifigure form either:

If they include Borgin and Burkes we'll most likely see Borgin as well, it's just a matter of wether or not we'll get that shop. As for the scene he's in it's been added in the ''extended edition'' of CoS, so at least for me it's been in the movie every single time I've seen it. 

I'm new to being active in the Lego community - do sets like these get exclusive GWP's? Did the micro DA come with the Hogwarts or was it a GWP for all sets above $85?

Just now, Modal said:

I'm new to being active in the Lego community - do sets like these get exclusive GWP's? Did the micro DA come with the Hogwarts or was it a GWP for all sets above $85?

Most GWP's are just ''spend [insert amount] on sets from [insert theme]'', the only D2C-exclusive GWP I can remember was the minifigure scale Keatonmobile that came with the large Keatonmobile. The Hogwarts D2C didn't have a GWP, the DA GWP released several months later. Currently we have no way of knowing wether or not there will be a GWP when DA releases or later in the year. 

Just now, caption brickman said:

Could he be one of the cmfs to be revealed?

Could be but I don't find that likely at all, it just doesn't make sense to get him anywhere other than DA.

24 minutes ago, caption brickman said:

Unlikely, Fortescue is relegated to a background character in the movies, and didn’t even get any real dialogue in the books either. In a D2C you can get away with having such a minor character because even people who don’t really recognize him will appreciate having some thematically appropriate pedestrians for their Diagon Alley, but in a CMF every character needs to be popular in their own right, because every figure is a separate purchase. 

31 minutes ago, caption brickman said:

I don’t think so. Plus he doesn’t look like CMF material anyway, just a basic (but good) printed figure.

5 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

In all seriousness, this leak really has reignited my excitement for 75978... which is why it's unfortunate that I probably won't be able to fit in the budget until 2021, especially now that the new NES set just became my top priority.

Tell me about it...just as I had myself convinced on buying the NES when it comes out, this leak hits. Saving for HP has largely been the priority. I guess I may have to get Diagon Alley later than I planned. 

Fortescue looks more great. I certainly hope he isn’t just a pedestrian. At least having a stall would be nice. 

5 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

You might be onto something there...like maybe the GWP could be a small ice cream parlor-themed add-on to the main set, so it wouldn’t take up any pieces from the D2C. Plus, is it more likely that a figure from the GWP would leak than one from the D2C?

That would be cool. I could see that as a possibility. Personally, I don't want a full ice cream parlour build or a full owl emporium. Because if those buildings are included buildings like borgin and burke and quality quiditch supplies might get dropped. Or all the buildings might be down sized. Personally I would rather have 5-6 good sized buildings than 7-8 smaller sized buildings. 

5 hours ago, TangyGecko said:

He shouldn't be too hard to replicate in minifigure form either:image.jpeg.1cf0101985ca61d25f2c7c43fb9312d5.jpeg

I really want Mr Borgin and Tom the bar keep. I really want a leaky cauldron. So having a figure of Florian gives us a good chance of getting the other two figures.

2 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

That would be cool. I could see that as a possibility. Personally, I don't want a full ice cream parlour build or a full owl emporium. Because if those buildings are included buildings like borgin and burke and quality quiditch supplies might get dropped. Or all the buildings might be down sized. Personally I would rather have 5-6 good sized buildings than 7-8 smaller sized buildings. 

I really want Mr Borgin and Tom the bar keep. I really want a leaky cauldron. So having a figure of Florian gives us a good chance of getting the other two figures.

Honestly, I think Borgin and Burke’s might be a long-shot no matter how many buildings we end up getting. It’s not on the main Alley, making it hard to incorporate if Lego is going with any sort of screen accuracy with their layout. We only got Borgin and Burke’s in the 2011 DA because the buildings were rather inaccurately done as separate entities, and whether or not you think this year’s D2C will be a scaled up version of 2018’s GWP, the GWP is evidence that Lego knows and recognizes the way DA is supposed to be laid out. To put a little bit of Knockturn Alley into the D2C they’d have to have a bit of an awkward footprint for the set, and B&B’s wouldn’t be visible when looking at the rest of the shops. Add on the fact that, as mentioned, it isn’t even in Diagon Alley, and it makes much more sense for Borgin and Burke’s to be made as its own set somewhere later down the line. 

If we're getting Florean Freakin' Fortescue, I stand by my belief that we will be getting a Death Star-level smorgasbord of minifigures.  :laugh:

Florian Fortescue?!

Jesus they are going for it now. Are they going to include every single character?

Then the Carrows might be actually released at some point despite being pretty much just extras in the movies.

I wonder if we'll professor Septima Vector, Aurora Sinistra or Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder if we'll professor Septima Vector, Aurora Sinistra or Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank

I wasn’t aware that Grubbly-Plank had made a cameo in the movies like Vector and Sinistra, must have missed that. I definitely wouldn’t mind them sneaking a Sinistra minifigure in somewhere, her design is so cool. 

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I wasn’t aware that Grubbly-Plank had made a cameo in the movies like Vector and Sinistra, must have missed that. I definitely wouldn’t mind them sneaking a Sinistra minifigure in somewhere, her design is so cool. 

She is seen in OotP when Dumbledore says she will be taking over Hagrid's duties. From memory her costume is sort of dull brownish with a hat. 

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

According to Minilegogo we're getting another HP leak later today

Was he/she the one that leaked the first fig?
Would not surprise if we get more leaks now, would be strange if only one fig leak :sweet: On the other side Voldemort leaked alone from the first CMF if I remember right..

Would be existing to get another piece to the puzzle :excited:

41 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

According to Minilegogo we're getting another HP leak later today

Hooray, can‘t wait to see who it is :excited: 

...it‘s going to be a new variant of Harry, Ron or Hermione, isn‘t it :tongue:

Edit: mini_legogo said it‘s when most of their followers wake up, so it‘s in either 3 or 6 hours, depending on whether it‘s the US east or west coast 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Mini_legogo has posted a countdown to a new LEGO Harry Potter Diagon Allley reveal! Only 11 minutes to go!

Edited by sebastian666
5 minute warning!

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Mini_legogo has posted a countdown to a new LEGO Harry Potter Diagon Allley reveal! Only 11 minutes to go!

Where do you even see this?