Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I didn't even know there was an ice cream shop in DA :head_back: if we're getting that kind of detail, how many shops would you say are more significant?

Then it is probably not just a larger version of 40289, as many of you assumed :)

Damn I'm getting an exciting feeling that this is going to be like the ultimate Diagon Alley with insane detail

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Would people like more shops but smaller builds 

My purchasing of it is basically contingent on WWW being present, so as long as that shop is there I’m pretty much good with whatever, though that would be an interesting trade-off

Holy crap! Very happy to be getting  leaks and even happier that it’s a more obscure character! I’m surprised that one of the shops is his though. I hope it’s not too big but maybe this means we’ll be getting more shops than anticipated! 

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’d rather have 5 good size shops (Gringotts, WWW, Ollivander’s, Flourish and Blotts, QQS) and several smaller stall-style builds for things like the Owl Emporium, Madam Malkin’s, and Florian Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor. 

That’s so random ? but welcome nonetheless. I guess this set will have a very good amount of minifigs. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The way that LEGO makes those building facades recently, with open backs, I think people kind of expects smaller builds but with more detailed storefronts.

Very interesting to see that Lego is including such an exclusive figure in the D2C, but certainly exciting to finally see another leak.

Unrelated, but will someone on here please confirm that the US release date for the main wave of sets IS August 1st? Lego.com US does not specify a date on which they are releasing.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by LegoLover19
spelling error

Very cool! The icecream shop is a corner building, So can we expect two rows with shops leading to the bank at the end? Would be nice to have a piece of road too. 

hopeful DA will have a lavender brown that actually looks like her

2 hours ago, Jinzol said:

Then it is probably not just a larger version of 40289, as many of you assumed :)

Not necessarily unfortunately, Fred and George appeared in the 2012 DA without a trace of WWW after all. And since Florian Fortescue is really only a background character in the movies, Lego could just be using him to bulk up the number of pedestrians without needing a new hat piece, with the added benefit of him having an actual name they can address him by in the set description (they randomly pulled Lucian Boll's name from the books for the quidditch set despite the Slytherin beater never being credited with a name in the movie after all). 

That being said, I would definitely love it if the D2C turns out to have more shops than the GWP did - and it wouldn’t be completely crazy for it to be that way, since a GWP’s piece count and scale makes it tricky to coherently portray more than a couple of store fronts. 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

YES! DA is a street not a few big modular sized buildings of the most popular ones :wink:
I have said a long time that I expect and hope for something like what we see in the first movie:

With a lot of small shops on either side of a narrow street that can be moved around as we like connected with pins. In one end the brick-wall (and maybe LC) in the other end Gringotts. Probably also possible to split the street down the middle to display it on a shelf with all shops fronts facing out :sweet:
This leaks sure give me more hope for this solution, a big chance for Eeylops Owl Emporium or Magical Menagerie now :excited:

Florean Fortescue gets an official figure. I am astounded, genuinely. Looks great, I wasn't bothered by leaks for this set, I was patiently waiting and not getting involved but this has just made me VERY excited. 

Yes please, to more and smaller shops. 

So since we might be getting more shops I decided to remind myself what Wrebbit3d has considered marketable enough for their Diagon Alley series. The for 3D puzzles are as follows:

-Ollivander’s Wand Shop and Scribbulus 

-Quality Quidditch Supplies and Slug & Jiggers Apothecary

-Madam Malkin’s and Florian Fortescue’s Ice Cream

-Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes and the Daily Prophet offices

notably absent are Gringotts and Flourish and Blotts (although since the WWW set came out over a year after the other three that could be just a matter of time). Eeylops Owl Emporium and the Magical Menagerie also bear mentioning as fan favorites that have enough recognition from the books and theme park to make them potentially marketable without having featured in the movies (note the Fortescue's/Malkin’s 3D puzzle that was apparently deemed recognizable enough to sell despite neither shop even having its name spoken in the films). 

While I doubt all 12 stores I’ve just listed will appear (Scribbulus, the Apothecary, and the newspaper offices don’t make for the most exciting store fronts and Malkin’s has the problem of clothing store windows being hard to populate without using up precious minifigure slots on manikins), but I would definitely expect all the shops that we do get to come off this list - since it basically encompasses almost everywhere Harry is specifically mentioned to have visited in the books and many of them also appear in the theme park. If nothing else, the ones featured by Wrebbit3d have probably already been focus tested as recognizable names. 

well depending on whether its just the figure or if the ice cream shop actually shows up, perhaps the build your own adventure book actually did provide some clues for what future sets may hold :pir-love:

that figure is gorgeous, but part of me hopes the ice cream shop isn’t in the set... considering my brother and I have just built our own version that we love ?

12 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

well depending on whether its just the figure or if the ice cream shop actually shows up,

Yes, it is of course still possible that we get a similar D2C as last time only this time with 4 shop owner minifigs in front (do not feel safe before I see a picture) :devil:

38 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Eeylops Owl Emporium and the Magical Menagerie also bear mentioning as fan favorites that have enough recognition from the books and theme park to make them potentially marketable without having featured in the movies

They are in the background for several scenes from film 1 and 2 at least, so more featured than Florean Fortescue's I would say :wink:

Very excited about this!  The figure looks excellent and also seems to be a good sign that the designers are knowledgeable/care about the source material.

Hopefully this means we are getting more builds than expected.  A street of lots of two story buildings would be excellent, it would give the busy feel of the first film which I also hope is what they are going for.

I've seen it mentioned that if it were screen accurate the buildings would be 3/4 storeys but I don't think that matters.  LEGO generally make it as small as possible so that we still get the right impression, otherwise the great hall set would have had 30 storeys!

Can't wait for more leaks! I'm hopeful that there might be lots of minifigs given that we've seen such an obscure one.

Well that cane out of nowhere. I'm happy to see a minor character like Fortescue gets a minifigure with two exclusive printed parts. So if his shop is included, it probably means that we'll get more shops than we actually expected.